Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
So Lankford is saying the Supreme Court has ruled Sessions has to answer the question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Sessions is not going to come out of this looking good.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sessions sure does get tired and fussy when he's away from Candyland for too long.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What is this guy saying? CSPAN is a little behind.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boot and Rally posted:

So Lankford is saying the Supreme Court has ruled Sessions has to answer the question?

yeah did he think that one through at all?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i am the bird posted:

Angus King for MVP, step aside handsome Heinrich.

Holding off voting myself in case someone says the words 'liar' or 'contempt'

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
"You have spoken plainly since your opening statements"

Can you commit perjury if you're asking the questions? Cuz gently caress Lankford.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sessions is painting himself as more incompetent than Trump. Its either an evil genius plan or he really is that dumb. Im not sure which one is worse.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I hope we get a WWE poster mock up of this hearing with King, Heinrich and Wyden putting the smack down on sessions.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Gonna waste 2 minutes defending this AG without asking a question because I'm here for a fair and balanced hearing.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Its not an unnamed source you loving idiot, it was the CEO of Newsmax

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mind_Taker posted:

I fully expect this senator from the great state of Oklahoma to ask some hard-hitting questions.

more like hard-making GBS threads

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This guy is very representative of Oklahoma.

Loud, stupid, brash, and ignorant.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

right to bear karma posted:

gently caress, I went to make lunch and missed Heinrich.

Did the same & missed one of my senator's (Wyden) turns at the roast.

Sat back down at my desk in time to see Lankford's turn to daintily swab Jefferson Beauregard's balls, so I muted that poo poo for a minute.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Bluntly? No, Blunt was the earlier guy and Lee isn't here.

:colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

"Have you maintained this recusal?"

"Well I never actually did my job to begin with so technically I've been recused for well beyond that time!"

Amazing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hahaha lankford is getting mad that sessions' babbling is cutting into his grandstanding time

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do they maintain a particular ratio of senators in these hearings? It would suck if they stacked it with Rs.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Oracle posted:

Sorry that appearance and delivery matters? I'm not saying he's wrong I'm saying his delivery is poor. Much like Hilary Clinton's speechifying is just not that crowd-wowing. This poo poo matters. With the advent of radio and television appearance and delivery are important to perception, and giving up easy wins because you suck at a part of your job you deem superficial and not important enough to bother with is one of many many reasons Democrats are losing where they should be winning. Your outrage on his behalf because 'he's a good person' is immaterial.
Strong oratory skills are incredibly important, I totally agree. I had deleted something in there where I acknowledged that optics are important, so we're on the same page there, just got lost in an edit cuz I'm splitting my attention between the hearing and poasting on the interdnet. Can't always judge a book by its cover, but an ugly cover never helps.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Do they maintain a particular ratio of senators in these hearings? It would suck if they stacked it with Rs.

There's one more R than D on the committee.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

If memory serves, they need to have even representation from both parties.

EDIT: Nevermind!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pollyanna posted:

Every member of the committee, so it's 50/50. And the chair and vice chair get double the time, but that's one of each party.

(actually I think it's +1 R on this committee because, you know, odd number.)

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Democrats: ask a short pointed question, results in long rambling non-answer by Sessions

Republicans: barely asks a question at all but instead gives long prewritten speeches, results in "yes absolutely" by Sessions

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is Lankford flat-out testifying?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sorry, did I forget why we're here? Langford's supposed to be asking questions, right? Not giving speeches followed up with the word "right?", right?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

Its not an unnamed source you loving idiot, it was the CEO of Newsmax

Aren't unnamed sources protected by the Shield law anyway?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't think Lankford is going to shut up

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Pleads posted:

"Have you maintained this recusal?"

"Well I never actually did my job to begin with so technically I've been recused for well beyond that time!"

Amazing.

In an unexpected twist, it was revealed that Jeff Sessions was recused before he even took the position of Attorney General.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Oracle posted:

Sorry that appearance and delivery matters? I'm not saying he's wrong I'm saying his delivery is poor. Much like Hilary Clinton's speechifying is just not that crowd-wowing. This poo poo matters. With the advent of radio and television appearance and delivery are important to perception, and giving up easy wins because you suck at a part of your job you deem superficial and not important enough to bother with is one of many many reasons Democrats are losing where they should be winning. Your outrage on his behalf because 'he's a good person' is immaterial.

Is this what people mean when they refer to a "tone argument"?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

ReidRansom posted:

Holding off voting myself in case someone says the words 'liar' or 'contempt'

We've still got Harris coming and I'm sure she won't disappoint.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh good, Manchin time.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

berserker posted:

Democrats: ask a short pointed question, results in long rambling non-answer by Sessions

Republicans: barely asks a question at all but instead gives long prewritten speeches, results in "yes absolutely" by Sessions

it's almost like they're following marching orders and putting party above country :aaa:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

i am the bird posted:

We've still got Harris coming and I'm sure she won't disappoint.
Again, oh boy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Go away Manchin.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Paging McMagic, his bestest friend is at the mic.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Every time Manchin's at that angle that makes his chin stand out from his lower cheek I chuckle at his "man chin"

basically I'm just dadposting hard in this thread I am so sorry.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Pollyanna posted:

It's the Senate Intelligence Committee

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think Sessions is just as clueless as Trump and will sink in much the same way.

This is an optimistic view.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I don't think Lankford is going to shut up

It is intentional. It gives a friendly witness time to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
It's the Alberto Gonzales defense!!

• Locked thread