Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

He is an IRL Chad with a Composure of 1. He now sees everything in black+ white and his GPS doesn't work.

1v1 him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coolguye posted:

if you go into shamble after crawling through a broken window you were hurt to begin with and again, it's doing its intended job of chipping you down for Jason. i've Chadded through multiple broken windows in a match and had no outward problems with it until jason tagged me with a throwing knife later.

This is why a tactic I like to use against someone I've pinned in a cabin is to smash every window but one, plant a trap outside that one, and start smashing down the door - they'll usually flee through the unbroken window and get trapped.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Cythereal posted:

This is why a tactic I like to use against someone I've pinned in a cabin is to smash every window but one, plant a trap outside that one, and start smashing down the door - they'll usually flee through the unbroken window and get trapped.

I see this work on people and I'm baffled as to how the situational awareness is so bad that they don't know not to go through that window.

I would probably try this but I usually have all my traps out on the 2nd morph.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Coolguye posted:

broken windows damaging you is a direct response to the infinite window exploits that plagued DbD for a long time and jfc is it a good one. if you just crawl through a couple broken windows you'll never feel it, it's only when you're attempting to be a colossal dingus will you take any serious amount of damage.

I killed myself trying to pick up a bat next to a broken window. I was hammering the use key in the general area to grab it before Jason took the knife out of his neck, and the game interpreted that as me wanting to repeatedly slam my hands on the broken glass.

That said, broken windows being able to kill you is a good thing. gently caress any potential for (semi-)infinite loops unless the Jason is too dumb to break the window.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I see this work on people and I'm baffled as to how the situational awareness is so bad that they don't know not to go through that window.

I never got it to work. Makes it an easy excuse to just give up on Jason 2 for his extra traps and slow travel.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I never got it to work. Makes it an easy excuse to just give up on Jason 2 for his extra traps and slow travel.

Works with some regularity for me.

Stalk is what gets me a lot of my kills as Jason. It's perfect for luring out hiding campers who think they're safe again, and I prefer to play Jason as an ambush predator rather than chasing people down.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Floodkiller posted:

I killed myself trying to pick up a bat next to a broken window. I was hammering the use key in the general area to grab it before Jason took the knife out of his neck, and the game interpreted that as me wanting to repeatedly slam my hands on the broken glass.

That said, broken windows being able to kill you is a good thing. gently caress any potential for (semi-)infinite loops unless the Jason is too dumb to break the window.

yeah i had the same thing happen with a loving bed next to a bat. dumbshit survivor scurried under the bed when jason was 3 feet away and by the time i scrambled back out he was all over me.

it was an angry about elves moment for sure

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coolguye posted:

broken windows damaging you is a direct response to the infinite window exploits that plagued DbD for a long time and jfc is it a good one. if you just crawl through a couple broken windows you'll never feel it, it's only when you're attempting to be a colossal dingus will you take any serious amount of damage.

I've thought about setting my mic to always on as a challenge to stay stealthy, but I realized I could never do it when my fiancee was watching me play a few nights ago. I was hiding in a cabinet and someone else was in the cabin with me, and I was explaining to her how I was using him as bait for Jason to chase after and let me escape. As soon as Jason showed up, the dude leaps through a loving closed window and we burst into laughter.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

We learned last night that if the car is on its side due to the games poo poo physics you can sprint into the bottom and push it but we only managed to flip in on the hood which made us turbo hosed.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

turbo hosed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How can I be close enough to hit Jason with the bat if his reach is like 4 feet longer than the bat?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Spacebump posted:

How can I be close enough to hit Jason with the bat if his reach is like 4 feet longer than the bat?

You have to be in the swing before he lunges.

It's a calculated risk.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You can also dodge backwards or to the side when he attacks and hit him before he recovers. The game prioritizes Jason's hits/grabs if you both swing simultaneously, so attacking him from head-on is incredibly risky (because you're trying to beat up loving Jason Voorhees). Best to fight him 2 vs. 1 or 3 vs. 1 and hit him in the back.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Spacebump posted:

It really helps to have a high level perk for attack speed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, don't worry about Combat stance.

What you want to do is run at him and swing. Full sprint.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I've had a lot more luck recently only setting down one trap at the beginning, usually on the phone. It takes a lot of the mystery out of when I get the notification that the trap went off, and being able to use traps later when there are specific places like windows to trap make getting those fast fucks a lot easier.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Grem posted:

I've had a lot more luck recently only setting down one trap at the beginning, usually on the phone. It takes a lot of the mystery out of when I get the notification that the trap went off, and being able to use traps later when there are specific places like windows to trap make getting those fast fucks a lot easier.

Duster method is good too: all traps at the phone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Duster method is good too: all traps at the phone.

If I was ever certain Duster was going to be Jason going into a match, I would try to coordinate with you guys on killing him.

The problem is that he would know what we were planning and then his house would be a minefield

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

No, Buggzy, I see your axe poking out around the corner and I'm not falling for it.

Nothing quite like a counselor who attacks straight into a block and realizes they've grossly overcommitted. :murder:

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Burkion posted:

If I was ever certain Duster was going to be Jason going into a match, I would try to coordinate with you guys on killing him.

The problem is that he would know what we were planning and then his house would be a minefield

This is why I use three traps at the Jason-house if Duster's playing a female. :ssh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jetamo posted:

This is why I use three traps at the Jason-house if Duster's playing a female. :ssh:

Oh I do the same drat thing.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

weekly font posted:

which made us turbo hosed.

Lemme just put this into the computer.....yup, says here you're a Dead gently caress.

No wait sorry, Turbo Dead gently caress.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
poo poo, the computer never lies.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lastdancer posted:

poo poo, the computer never lies.

:discourse:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

When Duster's Jason and I find one in time I put a bear trap at the phone box :smug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

McSpanky posted:

When Duster's Jason and I find one in time I put a bear trap at the phone box :smug:

was playing with duster a few nights back. another goon and i get the 4 seater car assembled really quickly, hopped in and drove out as just the two of us. the goon over voice "gotta make sure at least someone survives duster jason"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just died in record time. I was trying to Chad it up, and I spawned next to the house with the phone in it. Within 10 seconds the power goes out, and I slink around the cabin for a few seconds. Then I find the battery and get out a window. I get about 50 feet towards the car, turn the corner outside of a cabin and BOOM there's Jason.

I lasted less than 90 seconds.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MacheteZombie posted:

was playing with duster a few nights back. another goon and i get the 4 seater car assembled really quickly, hopped in and drove out as just the two of us. the goon over voice "gotta make sure at least someone survives duster jason"

My plan against Duster Jason is get XP quick then yolo. Shoot him, hit him, die, get more XP than I would for jerking off running in circles for 10 minutes.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i got good news and bad news, the good news being, here's a funny kill i just got!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtMYzqyMe4b6gUmG9przk1vHjgJI This counted as a betrayal for the Tommy as well :v:

the bad news,how well known is this glitch spot in the house on Packanack? Almost ran out of time trying to find enough throwing knives to kill this rear end in a top hat.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtMYzqyMe4b6gUh-s3U2nh2DDPsN

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
When, after 6 minutes of chasing, Duster is finally out of tricks and begins taunting you on your "lame grab kill" :

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 14, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

requesting videos of Chadding

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

the bad news,how well known is this glitch spot in the house on Packanack? Almost ran out of time trying to find enough throwing knives to kill this rear end in a top hat.

I encountered that last night, seems to be fairly well known. I just don't understand it, what's the fun in going there and just sitting around for 20 minutes? Just to get an extra 200xp? For what?

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That's nothing, I went up against a couple of griefers who knew how to glitch themselves onto the Packanack lodge's roof and behind the warehouse-looking building by one of the camp exits.

I just muted their mics, killed everyone else and took a power nap.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Patch out for Xbox, the comment is too long for me to post here. So, here are the notes:

UPDATE JUNE 14TH - Xbox Matchmaking Update has gone live.

PATCH NOTES

New Features
-Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill
-Added gamma slider
-Added extra confirmation when the host tries to leave a match, informing them it will end the match or close the lobby for everyone

Improvements
-Greatly improved matchmaking search times
-Improved backend reliability
-Reduced movie playback stuttering on host
-Closed off a lot of spots that only counselors could get to on all maps
-Decreased initial load times (can skip videos about halfway through now)
-Improved pickup reliability for Jason’s throwing knives
-Disabled navigation on the talking player list
-Improved camera returning to the player when leaving a hide spot or kicking out of a grab
-Improved Jason morph point reliability
-Reduced chance for characters to float when killed

Bugs
-Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
-Fixed crashes when trying to spawn Tommy Jarvis
-Fixed items floating when dropped
-Fixed highlight not going away on grab kill selection
-Fixed PhD in murder achievement
-Fixed stat tracking for all achievements
-Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
-Fixed Deborah's DLC clothing showing up for everyone
-Fixed dead body not showing up for clients
-Fixed window showing wrong position for open/close on host
-Fixed interactions get out of sync from client and server causing players to be stuck
-Fixed counselor not showing up in grabbed state all the time
-Fixed being able to run through hide spots just after leaving them
-Fixed getting stuck in a hide spot that someone else is leaving
-Fixed sometimes not being able to kill someone in a hide spot
-Fixed getting stuck in a cabin near Packanack when barricading the door
-Fixed counselors escaping while being murdered near the police

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
XBone got its patch today and it seems to contain a few things others haven't received in their last patch, like the now -1000xp betrayal penalty. Guess it's some insight to what we'll be getting. Anyway:

New Features

Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill
Added gamma slider
Added extra confirmation when the host tries to leave a match, informing them it will end the match or close the lobby for everyone

Improvements

Greatly improved matchmaking search times
Improved backend reliability
Reduced movie playback stuttering on host
Closed off a lot of spots that only counselors could get to on all maps
Decreased initial load times (can skip videos about halfway through now)
Improved pickup reliability for Jason’s throwing knives
Disabled navigation on the talking player list
Improved camera returning to the player when leaving a hide spot or kicking out of a grab
Improved Jason morph point reliability
Reduced chance for characters to float when killed

Bugs

Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
Fixed crashes when trying to spawn Tommy Jarvis
Fixed items floating when dropped
Fixed highlight not going away on grab kill selection
Fixed PhD in murder achievement
Fixed stat tracking for all achievements
Fixed a number of memory leaks causing crashes
Fixed Deborah's DLC clothing showing up for everyone
Fixed dead body not showing up for clients
Fixed window showing wrong position for open/close on host
Fixed interactions get out of sync from client and server causing players to be stuck
Fixed counselor not showing up in grabbed state all the time
Fixed being able to run through hide spots just after leaving them
Fixed getting stuck in a hide spot that someone else is leaving
Fixed sometimes not being able to kill someone in a hide spot
Fixed getting stuck in a cabin near Packanack when barricading the door
Fixed counselors escaping while being murdered near the police

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Excited to play this tonight without the crashing.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Tried saving someone grabbed by Jason by using the shotgun and, like usual, it gibbed the counselor as well. Gotta stop trying to do that with the increase xp penalty now.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Would be fun for a bunch of people to step in front of a moving car and essentially erase a poor saps entire nights worth of XP.

Any idea if you can de-level? Would hate to lose my part 9 Jason for killing griefers

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

quote:

Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill

Ah I see they're starting to cater to the crybaby bitches, always a good sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Lastdancer posted: