Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

darealkooky posted:

strekken has the base framework for a really great game

Does it? Nothing I've ever seen has indicated it could really be anything but mediocre. Like, my impression has been it combines some of the worst parts of a tekken tag game with SF stuff and that even before some of the more degenerate stuff was found, I didn't hear anyone raving about it being fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zand posted:

how does this happen

I would be very interested in finding out why characters transition into some kind of ghoul the moment they become playable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Imagine a couple years ago saying 'Capcom should get someone from NRS to help them model faces'

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

CaptCommy posted:

Does it? Nothing I've ever seen has indicated it could really be anything but mediocre. Like, my impression has been it combines some of the worst parts of a tekken tag game with SF stuff and that even before some of the more degenerate stuff was found, I didn't hear anyone raving about it being fun to play.

At it's most core form, strekken is SF4 but with basically all of it's stupid poo poo fixed. Charging special move is a more interesting version of focus/fadc, vortex is "fixed" because you can tech roll, you don't have to rely on vortex to play aggressive because of buffed frame data on normals (almost everyone with an overhead can link after it, for example) and increased ability to combo from stuff, and there are no ultras (or really any comeback mechanic at all) On the more unimportant side, they bothered to have an actual tutorial and challenge combos that are actually semi-practical, they brought back bonus features people have wanted for years like dramatic battle and color edit, and the game has a lot of personality to it like funny meme winquotes where zangief talks about finally wrestling a bear or bison quotes the dumb 90's street fighter cartoon. More subjectively the roster and tag mechanics give the game more potential room for interesting stuff, like how you can use yoshimitsu as a marvel-esque assist if you tag out during one of his moves.

All of this SOUNDS great, the problem is in the execution that leads to jab x timeout, the extremely ugly asthetic that was so bad they literally had to nerf it in a patch, and the disgusting amount of on disk DLC/gems as an entire concept

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 10, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
that walkspeed/throw style combo is part of the recipe for a poo poo game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Haters WILL be left behind

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Baal posted:

Haters WILL be left behind

new thread title imo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Seeya haters!

*drives off cliff*

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
SFxT is a better game than SF5

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Dragonball Fighter Z is gonna murder SFV and MvCI

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm garbage at MvC but I will play the gently caress out of that DBZ game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm garbage at MvC but I will play the gently caress out of that DBZ game

Gameplay shows that each ko leads to neutral so you wont get steamrolled 1-2-3 without a chance to hit back at least if you suck

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dragonball Fighter Z is gonna murder SFV and MvCI

Inshallah

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Honestly I really do hope that game puts arc sys over the top. They deserve it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Real hurthling! posted:

Gameplay shows that each ko leads to neutral so you wont get steamrolled 1-2-3 without a chance to hit back at least if you suck

This really is the best thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah that looked like a neat concept.

Here's the control sheet at E3

https://twitter.com/thisislijoe/status/874424249854963714

If it's hard to read:

Super Dash - A Homing Dash you can use to approach the opponent while avoiding Ki blasts
Dragon Rush - Approach the enemy and launch a rush that cannot be guarded
Z-Assists - Call your teammate for covering fire
Z-Change - Switch with a teammate
Ki Charge - Hold down to charge your energy gauge
Sparking Blast - Increase your power for a limited time and also recover your health (once per match)
Vanish - Move instantly behind your opponent and land an attack (uses 1 gauge)
Ultimate Z change - Launch a super attack with your team members (uses 1 gauge)

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 13, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
edit: nvm

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think MvCi is probably gonna be good, I just expect DBFZ to eat it's lunch anyway.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

https://twitter.com/CrackinAtkins/status/874489204943626240

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
shes walking like she's in a marching band halftime show

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Hey, I'd walk funny too if I had suddenly lost all the muscle in my legs

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
She walks like spycrab.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Why'd they put SF5 Ken's face on Chun.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
gooey with the blowups

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousMagnificentKittenTwitchRaid

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

poor goo :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:sigh: Captain Marvel looks really good at least.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

teagone posted:

Danvers looks like they plucked her from a Greg Land comic. Guess they couldn't risk making the kickass female look anything but femme as gently caress.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

teagone posted:

To me it seems really likely that for all the chars returning from mvc3, they used their mvc3 models as a baseline and had some contractors add detail to try to make them ps4-quality. And obviously they did a lovely job. Whereas the brand new characters they made from scratch, which is why they actually look good. Thanos especially looks a lot better than basically every returning character IMO.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FilthyImp posted:

Danvers looks like they plucked her from a Greg Land comic. Guess they couldn't risk making the kickass female look anything but femme as gently caress.

Her model is decent, but yeah, her face is delicate as gently caress. I like X, but he's a literal anime robot and you can't gently caress that up TOO hard.

Also, the Capcom Defense Squad is already in full riot gear and ready to shoot down any complaints about the game with "it's not ready yet", "it's just different" or their ultimate weapon, "you're just bad at it".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The reason why you think that those models look bad is because you're just bad at appreciating them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, 2017

vs 2005

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

at least he's honest lmao

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Juri is fun to play

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

this post is funny mainly because the person I played fighters with since like vanilla sf4 with has this exact mindset that nothing can be street fighter. It's simply the defacto fighter.

But he's also the type who thinks his knowledge in sf4 will carry over to sf5 and regularly asks me to play sf5 every few months (and that being the only time I play, and that sf5 is my only game that doesn't auto update for whatever reason) and continues to lose like 25 matches in a row, waiting for the magical day using a stick will just magically click and he'll regain his knowledge.

He also tried to argue that t7 isn't good because it didn't add much since it's last entry tekken 6 (??? TTT2?) , and even bought season 2 of sf5 instead of Guilty gear rev 2, even after basically hating sf5 season 1 and me more or less hinting over and over that GG is fun and approachable, has a better tutorial than sf5 etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

He's kiiinda right on SF being unique though. Most games don't play the same way at all.

You should show him KoFXIV though. Its really close to SF in terms of gameplay.