Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Red Hood seemed cool from the little bit I got to play of him in the multiverse this morning. Felt similar to SG with strong neutral zone control and a little bit of Harley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not able to even look at Red Hood in the fighter selection. :/

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
So I went to see if I had access, and instead, I have his polygon model on the selection screen, which is unplayable, and all of the DLC characters as silhouettes. I figured they would have fixed this already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xeremides posted:

So I went to see if I had access, and instead, I have his polygon model on the selection screen, which is unplayable, and all of the DLC characters as silhouettes. I figured they would have fixed this already.

That is more then me, the DLC silhouettes are gone for me now.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see what's up. I'll let you know if that works. I have a feeling that, even though it tells me there are no updates, the game hasn't been keeping up to date for whatever reason.

Edit: Nah, didn't work. Still have all of the silhouettes, too.

Xeremides fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any ps4 goon guilds have room and won't boot me if I'm offline for a few days?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Norns posted:

Any ps4 goon guilds have room and won't boot me if I'm offline for a few days?

Goon Squad currently has slots open. As long as you contribute guild points by Monday of each week, Grem isn't going to kick you.

EDIT: Two 50 clear bosses this week in the guild multiverse. Ugh.

Ruzaii fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 13, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Ruzaii posted:

Goon Squad currently has slots open. As long as you contribute guild points by Monday of each week, Grem isn't going to kick you.

Are they at least better rewards than Silver Boxes this time?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Are they at least better rewards than Silver Boxes this time?

Nope! Silvers for everyone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ruzaii posted:

Alright I'll join back when I get on tonight. Wasn't able play this week at all.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

So is Red Hood supposed to be available for Ultimate Edition dudes? Because I can only select him in the Multiverse level for him and he does not earn any XP or gear.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

So is Red Hood supposed to be available for Ultimate Edition dudes? Because I can only select him in the Multiverse level for him and he does not earn any XP or gear.

Same here on ps4 when I tried this morning

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016
Red Hood is available from the console store (at least on PS4), but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually select him for a fight yet, not even his Multiverse event. I was able to play him and start earning XP and gear through random select, though.

Edit: Looks like random select only works for his event because you have to use him. I couldn't get it to work for any other situations.

Dwall fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 13, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Red Hood is downloadable for ultimate edition/fighter pack people through the PS Store. You have to go through the Injustice 2 page and navigate to the "add-ons" field, you'll see Red Hood there as a Free download. Stupid but that's how it was in MKX too.

Red Hood seems pretty balanced, very fun for a "guns and knives" guy. Wish he was the primary guns guy over Deadshot, who is not only unimaginative but also unfun as gently caress to play as or against. Jason's gunplay at least centers around stuff with recovery so he can't really spam gunshots, but stll has a great escape and a fun if not unsafe rekka stance.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You have to download downloadable content

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

You have to download downloadable content

In fairness, I was under the impression everyone downloaded him last week in that patch when he strarted appearing on char select screens

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
MK9 actually had the preorder bonus costumes not on disk so for the first week every single multiplayer match crashed because that meant you had to download them all for parity even if you didn't own them yourself. It was good stuff.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In fairness, I was under the impression everyone downloaded him last week in that patch when he strarted appearing on char select screens

most games would just give you poo poo you pre-ordered in your silly ultimate pack automatically but NRS makes you do it manually

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Perform 2 METER BURN air dodges to unlock Starfire. ☐

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016
Turns out there's a glitch about the character select screen not updating after downloading Red Hood. Apparently the fix is to let the game idle until a demo starts, then interrupt it and go into single fight. That worked for me, but some people are saying it didn't help them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hood is downloadable for ultimate edition/fighter pack people through the PS Store. You have to go through the Injustice 2 page and navigate to the "add-ons" field, you'll see Red Hood there as a Free download. Stupid but that's how it was in MKX too.

Red Hood seems pretty balanced, very fun for a "guns and knives" guy. Wish he was the primary guns guy over Deadshot, who is not only unimaginative but also unfun as gently caress to play as or against. Jason's gunplay at least centers around stuff with recovery so he can't really spam gunshots, but stll has a great escape and a fun if not unsafe rekka stance.

Is he just available to Ultimate Edition PS owners currently? Or can XBone owners get him too?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Is he just available to Ultimate Edition PS owners currently? Or can XBone owners get him too?

NRS said last week that xbone won't be getting any updates due to lack of players.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/RealFPJr/status/874687591215280128

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Fool posted:

NRS said last week that xbone won't be getting any updates due to lack of players.

:saddowns:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am pretty amazed that this dude owns both a Bane mask and seemingly a full Red Hood outfit??? Weird, but basically exactly what I would be doing with that kind of ill-gotten gain

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am pretty amazed that this dude owns both a Bane mask and seemingly a full Red Hood outfit??? Weird, but basically exactly what I would be doing with that kind of ill-gotten gain

Worked for WWF and apparently owns multiple cosplays.

Still married Sarah Michelle Gellar somehow.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm starting to get pretty salty about epics at 20 that have xp gain up on them.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

pubic works project posted:

Yeah but you gotta download him manually. Manage your fighter pack to install him

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I said come in! posted:

That is more then me, the DLC silhouettes are gone for me now.

Same problem here. He's on the character customization menu, but the character select screen has reverted to its pre-DLC layout and RH is no longer available.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dwall posted:

Turns out there's a glitch about the character select screen not updating after downloading Red Hood. Apparently the fix is to let the game idle until a demo starts, then interrupt it and go into single fight. That worked for me, but some people are saying it didn't help them.

Quoting to say this fixed it for me, but if you wanna see/use random epics, don't do it until you clear the event. You'll still get gear and xp, plus it's already easy as hell. The boss is level one! (Do it if you want to watch the AI, I guess)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Worked for WWF and apparently owns multiple cosplays.

Still married Sarah Michelle Gellar somehow.

You forgot that he's also in a Star Wars cartoon on top of all of that, so basically he is the man every goon dreams of being.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

You forgot that he's also in a Star Wars cartoon on top of all of that, so basically he is the man every goon dreams of being.

He also got to hang out with scooby and shaggy.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

The Fool posted:

This is a joke but God if it don't feel true sometimes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got Red Hood to be playable for me tonight. I am running him through Endless tower and am level 12 so far. Will get him to level 20 tonight and do his multiverse world.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I finally got Red Hood to be playable for me tonight. I am running him through Endless tower and am level 12 so far. Will get him to level 20 tonight and do his multiverse world.

I got him to 20 already, he's pretty fun, but the inclusion of shurikens as well as a kind of fast gun trait was kind of a wonky decision since the gun hits high like the shuriken and does roughly the same damage with a faster shot. Like the john woo dodges and mine plants (though ex should make them last longer like Luthor in IJ1)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Spent a lot of time in the lab with hood today, fruits of my efforts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBDL05bBoqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH-GbMR7d3w

He's a blast, lots of offensive options, great pressure, VERY HIGH corner damage, solid zoning/counterzoning. Only thing he really suffers from is 1) lackluster midscreen damage(although not supergirl bad) and 2) his jump attacks gotta be the worst in the game overall, total trash.

But overall solid character, his back 2 is ridiculous.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
To anyone who read the comics, do they ever explain what happened to Tim Drake? I was thinking last night about how we've seen the other 3 main Robins and their fates

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

To anyone who read the comics, do they ever explain what happened to Tim Drake? I was thinking last night about how we've seen the other 3 main Robins and their fates

He's in the phantom zone with the rest of the Teen Titans. Superman punched Superboy in the heart or something, and the only thing that could keep him alive was to be in TPZ, which Superman would allow if everyone else went with him.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Xeremides posted:

He's in the phantom zone with the rest of the Teen Titans. Superman punched Superboy in the heart or something, and the only thing that could keep him alive was to be in TPZ, which Superman would allow if everyone else went with him.

oh poo poo they should make the Superman ending canon and center IJ3 around the Titans returning to lead the resistance against Superman and Brainiac'ed Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Xeremides posted:

This is correct and there is actually a post with that exact comic page somewhere deep in this thread.

• Locked thread