Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Chief Bogo being a dick:
I mean, I'm not wholly convinced much changed on that front - even if he eventually becomes less of one after he eats crow over Judy's capabilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

teagone posted:

Elsa's new dress in the Olaf short :allears:

:discourse:

Bonus:

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Shadow Hog posted:

I mean, I'm not wholly convinced much changed on that front - even if he eventually becomes less of one after he eats crow over Judy's capabilities.

Yeah, but I get where K.Waste is coming from. He abuses his power as Judy's boss and holds racist personal beliefs even when they get in the way of doing his job, while that picture implies that he also abuses his power against minorities.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Shadow Hog posted:

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Yeah, but I get where K.Waste is coming from. He abuses his power as Judy's boss and holds racist personal beliefs even when they get in the way of doing his job, while that picture implies that he also abuses his power against minorities.

Right. The worst behavior we actually witness between a high ranking police officer and a civilian is about the former's insensitivity to a grieving widow, but the implication from the very opening debriefing scene is that there really is a problem with violence in Zootopia, mostly marginalized from the explicit narrative, which has no relationship to night howler. He simultaneously needs to be this imposing, authoritarian figure to maintain a strict constructionist order of criminal justice, but this means that he's also very bureaucratic in his behavior, thinking in terms mainly of time and resources. He's weary and afraid of something just as the grieving widow is. Again, the problem is insensitivity, which prevents Bogo from seeing that Bellweather is a 'bully,' this cartoon figure who is straightforwardly conspiring to begin a racist coup.

The point is that Bogo is wrong because of what he simply doesn't do, which leads in some domino effect to what Bellweather does do, in a sci-fi criminal conspiracy, disassociated completely from any much more straightforwardly oppressive figure - which would be the cops. Insights into the development of the film illustrate that this was initially going to be a much more particularist cop film, with much more straightforward depictions of police behaving oppressively.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Average Frozen diehards

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thank you animation thread for getting me to watch Trolls

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Looper posted:

It was so fun, right? Crazy.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Looper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuFm0m2wj0

:dance:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for Trolls 2 with special guest stars the McElroy brothers.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for Trolls 2 with special guest stars the McElroy brothers.

I would not be shocked if that actually ends up happening

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I also would not be shocked, largely because I thought it was already confirmed to be happening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The McElroy brothers WILL BE in Trolls 2.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Just FYI for those not in the know:

http://www.maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/mcelroy-brothers-will-be-trolls-2-chapter-1

A podcast about their journey to Trolls 2, from the perspective of them already having the role, despite the fact that they haven't been hired yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The McElroys will be Trolls 2 and Nintendo WILL retweet the Toad

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Waffleman_ posted:

The McElroy brothers WILL BE in Trolls 2.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

So there's a Sly Cooper TV series coming out, I think that pretty much means the movie's been cancelled.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Robindaybird posted:

So there's a Sly Cooper TV series coming out, I think that pretty much means the movie's been cancelled.
Probably for the best, I'll probably watch it for nostalgia sake (Sly 2 is probably my favorite PS2 game other than Ratchet and Clank 3 and Jak 3)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

achillesforever6 posted:

Probably for the best, I'll probably watch it for nostalgia sake (Sly 2 is probably my favorite PS2 game other than Ratchet and Clank 3 and Jak 3)

not surprised with how Ratchet and Clank bombed, and given Sly Cooper would've had the same director.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Hello, all! I am starting several podcasts next week under the Jesse Hecht CREATIVE umbrella. One of them is a Disney podcast that goes over most of the Disney Animated films with a few deviations (Star Wars, Mary Poppins, Pete's Dragon) and I'm looking for commentators to lend their critical eyes and (mouse) ears to the cause. If interested please reply or message me. The more the merrier.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your help. :)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wow, that's one of my favourite umbrellas! Right alongside beach, cocktail, and corporation.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURi91Eb6I8

Loving that art style.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is that money-barrel robot a character? It seems to show up too many times in the opening to just be a baddie-of-the-episode.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It looks like a big, barrel version of Gyro Gearloose's helper bot, so it's probably something of his (and subtly showing he's in the new series)

EDIT: on the opening itself - love how they use chasing the number one dime as a way to connect the scenes, good translation of some classic comic scenes, and it's going to be really interesting to see how the Duck family dynamic works with Donald doing more than show up for a few cameos - already with the flying dutchman he's immediately throwing life jackets on the triplets while Scrooge and Launchpad are manning the helm.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 15, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMU2NwaaXEA

Man, I really like the original theme song. The new one is similar, but has waaay too much du-dun-du-dun-du-dun heavy beats and I love the brass in the original plus the guy is really emoting when he screams out the lyrics.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Robindaybird posted:

not surprised with how Ratchet and Clank bombed, and given Sly Cooper would've had the same director.

Don't forget the atrocious art style in the Sly Cooper trailer. A cel-shaded animated movie could've been cool, but instead they apparently had the models designed by nearsighted people watching the game played on a TV from the 1960's .

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Hedrigall posted:

Wow, that's one of my favourite umbrellas! Right alongside beach, cocktail, and corporation.

Thanks, Hedrigall for once again, making me laugh.

Serious note, though, I'm actually excited for Cars 3. Wasn't much of a fan of Cars and Cars 2, but the California Adventure sneak peek made this seem worth the watch.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just noticed that the guy who did the funny Every Disney Film Reviewed In 10 Words Or Less video a while back recently did a Dreamworks one too!

Every DreamWorks Film Reviewed in 10 Words or Less!

(and the Disney one if you missed it)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

He didn't like Penguins of Madagascar.

I don't disagree with anything else, but man...how can you not like Penguins? It's the best animated romp since Emperor's New Groove.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I mean, I already disagreed with him on some Disney movies (he didn't like Oliver and Co. or The Rescuers Down Under, whereas I did), and I disagree with his take on Mr. Peabody and Sherman here, so there's that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is so good. Mrs. Beakley got a spot on the title shot too.

I'm assuming that's Mrs. Beakley, I mean who else would it be.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Martytoof posted:

This is so good. Mrs. Beakley got a spot on the title shot too.

I'm assuming that's Mrs. Beakley, I mean who else would it be.

I like that Mrs. Beakley looks fuckin' ripped. Like, she ain't gonna take poo poo from anyone, especially not some Beagle Boy scrub.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So anyone see Cars 3 yet? RT is hovering in the 60s but with only 60 reviews so far which seems low for a movie a day before release.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Phylodox posted:

I like that Mrs. Beakley looks fuckin' ripped. Like, she ain't gonna take poo poo from anyone, especially not some Beagle Boy scrub.

I'm thus far really pleased with the changes they're making for the female characters. They come across as modern, but not pandering. It's also nice they're adding individual character traits to Huey, Dewey and Louie to make them more dynamic. The "twins are the same character twice" thing is lazy as gently caress. It's even more obnoxious with triplets. Anything past that loses human identity entirely and becomes a hive-mind litter. :v:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Das Boo posted:

I'm thus far really pleased with the changes they're making for the female characters. They come across as modern, but not pandering. It's also nice they're adding individual character traits to Huey, Dewey and Louie to make them more dynamic. The "twins are the same character twice" thing is lazy as gently caress. It's even more obnoxious with triplets. Anything past that loses human identity entirely and becomes a hive-mind litter. :v:

Quack Pack went with individualizing the triplets, but the totally radical direction and subpar writing canned that series. Course the comics they're pretty much identical to the point the artists lose track and would accidentally draw in a 4th duck ("Phooey")

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Robindaybird posted:

Quack Pack went with individualizing the triplets, but the totally radical direction and subpar writing canned that series. Course the comics they're pretty much identical to the point the artists lose track and would accidentally draw in a 4th duck ("Phooey")

You reminded me of Quack PaaaaAAUUUUGH!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

And they have Character Actress Margo Martindale as Ma Beagle too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Book of Life is getting a sequel!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm a little bummed the new gods are looking like rehashed old gods, right down to the skull pupils.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So anyone see Cars 3 yet? RT is hovering in the 60s but with only 60 reviews so far which seems low for a movie a day before release.

It is difficult for me to envisage an animated film less appealing to the user base here that isnt an unabashed 90 minute attempt to convert people to christianity through a reedited cut of the film Delgo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Meet the new gods
Same as the old gods

Barudak posted:

It is difficult for me to envisage an animated film less appealing to the user base here that isnt an unabashed 90 minute attempt to convert people to christianity through a reedited cut of the film Delgo.
Emoji Movie?