Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

suuma posted:

Daily pull was Fohlen :unsmith:

He seems decent, you guys have any thoughts?

He's Windlandu. Chains great with Reberta. He's a solid unit now and will get a significant damage boost in 3-4 months when we get Veritas of the Wind's Spear Mastery materia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

soooooo ... how's 6* Garland? his toolkit seems to completely suck currently at 5* cap, but does he get any worthwhile new toys?

Six star garland is budget Lightning. Innate doublehand, hits 5 elements with AOE, and if you have a dark greatsword for him, or use his "add dark to attacks" ability, he has a one hit aoe phys with 50% def pierce that inflicts 50% dark break. With innate doublehand, if you can stack a second one on him, he makes a hell of a finisher. Once he gets enhancements, his innate doublehand goes up to 100%, his big dark break goes up to 75%, and his buff to make his attacks dark also gives him dark resist and 50% attack for 5 turns.

He's never going to be top tier, since we don't get doublehand meta, but he's a great budget bruiser.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been using Fohlen for a bit and he's really solid. You open with Vortex, throw a buff on him, then start spamming Sonic Blast as part of your chain. If you get a Speedster counter off, so much the better. Get your best chainers Wind weapons to make it even more destructive.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Echophonic posted:

How good is Bartz? I'm looking at Wind Shear and I'm thinking it could fit in well with Fohlen as a chain finisher.

In case no one has saved you from falling into the trap of thinking of Bartz as a damage dealer, don't do it. Wind Shear is hybrid damage meaning the multiplier is effectively halved to 2.7x, and on top of that Bartz atk/mag stats are mediocre. You're better off equipping a wind-element weapon on a unit like Firion (for his killers) or even Chizuru (better base stats).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

suuma posted:

Daily pull was Fohlen :unsmith:

He seems decent, you guys have any thoughts?

Fohlen chains perfectly with Reberta, and decently with Orlandeu. (At any rate I hit 35-chains without really trying when I perfectly chain my Orlandeu with a Goonlandeu, and start Fohlen's Sonic Blast after the hail starts.)

Fohlen gets one free 100% Evade at the beginning of each battle and every time Speedster triggers.

Sonic Blast gives THREE 100% Evades, and is affected by Dual Wielding, so you can get 6 total while chaining.

He can Aggravate, which can make good use of these free Evades. He has a 30% chance to evade after that, and good HP. You can (and should) give him Evade+ gear and materia.

He can't hit 100% Evade at the moment without two Rings of the Lucii, but you should be Sonic Blasting all day errday and unless you're enduring CONSTANT TUMMULTS nothing physical will hit him.

He would be super handy for the story mode's first big curbstomping fight.

In short: the most tanky and survivable of the -landeus. A Good Unit.

Cartoon Man posted:

He's Windlandu. Chains great with Reberta. He's a solid unit now and will get a significant damage boost in 3-4 months when we get Veritas of the Wind's Spear Mastery materia.

What he said.

Echophonic posted:

I've been using Fohlen for a bit and he's really solid. You open with Vortex, throw a buff on him, then start spamming Sonic Blast as part of your chain. If you get a Speedster counter off, so much the better. Get your best chainers Wind weapons to make it even more destructive.

The guaranteed Evades are a hell of a backup plan, in case you need them. You probably won't, though. :getin:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Using a ticket got me reberta! She's good, right?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

goddamn, everyone pulling good rainbows today. you will not lure me into pulling...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Bartz wasn't super high on the list, I just saw his level 100 and it caught my eye. I wish there were better wind weapons. I guess I could make more Wind Spears and keep working my way towards the Air Dagger.

I guess I should decide on my next 6* after Minfilia. I'm leaning Emperor, but maybe Garland would be a good pick, since I need a hitter and don't have any extra dual wield. I can throw a Wind katana on him and go to town, though Firion would probably be better at that. I feel like I'm good on tanks, healers, and chainers.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

She's really good. I used her as my main damage dealer before Fohlen. Her big trick is Mystic Thrust for chaining, but her Raging Thrust into Crimson Death combo is also quite strong, especially with a friend Reberta. If you have the right elemental weapons to capitalize, she can even do 50% elemental debuffs. She's also got Recovery Jump, which means she's basically never out of MP in longer fights.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 14, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mad Fnorder posted:

Dark Fina is your path to Arena Success, at least. Distress often defangs entire groups and can just win outright if it hits Petrify x5, plus Doublecast Ultima easily hits 999x2.

So double cursed card + distress is pretty good you say.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ghostnuke posted:

goddamn, everyone pulling good rainbows today. you will not lure me into pulling...

Don't worry, I pulled a Mustadio. It ain't rainbow day unfortunately.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I pulled a Fran. Hopefully the rest of my day is better.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I pulled a Zyrus.

I have no physical DPS worth a drat.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Heeeeey, Warrior of Light on my daily pull. I was feeling bad that 6* WoL has been dominating talk of this game lately cause I didn't have one. Now I can complain along with the rest of you folks!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I got Dark Knight Cecil yesterday, and then Lightning today. Along with three Y'shtolas I finally have an all-5-star team. Although so far the Y'shtolas and Cecil are doing the majority of the heavy-lifting while Lightning just does endless comboes.

Edit: Also trying to finish "When Fates Cross" of that Event Storyline thing right now with my crew and get all the bonuses. I managed to get a 4th Y'shtola guest, 6 star and max level, but I'm still pulling my hair out trying to get all the bonuses without getting stoned/goblin-rushed to death.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 14, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Aileen is 2% away from Artisan, which should be a rather big boost to her damage! Argh!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

NinjaDebugger posted:

He's never going to be top tier, since we don't get doublehand meta, but he's a great budget bruiser.

Just imagine Olive's damage potential if we had the doublehand meta. :sigh:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Fohlen chains perfectly with Reberta, and decently with Orlandeu. (At any rate I hit 35-chains without really trying when I perfectly chain my Orlandeu with a Goonlandeu, and start Fohlen's Sonic Blast after the hail starts.)

Fohlen gets one free 100% Evade at the beginning of each battle and every time Speedster triggers.

Sonic Blast gives THREE 100% Evades, and is affected by Dual Wielding, so you can get 6 total while chaining.

He can Aggravate, which can make good use of these free Evades. He has a 30% chance to evade after that, and good HP. You can (and should) give him Evade+ gear and materia.

He can't hit 100% Evade at the moment without two Rings of the Lucii, but you should be Sonic Blasting all day errday and unless you're enduring CONSTANT TUMMULTS nothing physical will hit him.

He would be super handy for the story mode's first big curbstomping fight.

In short: the most tanky and survivable of the -landeus. A Good Unit.

What he said.

The guaranteed Evades are a hell of a backup plan, in case you need them. You probably won't, though. :getin:

i think he can max evade with a twenty sided die instead of lucii

at least that's what the unit calculator showed

any cues you use for your chains? i've been hitting fohlen right as the first dr projectiles appear on screen - it's been kinda hit or miss in terms of getting up to 40. maybe it's the du timing that is off

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Ffbe was just on Squares E3 stream. Revealed Ashe, Rasler and the Global exclusive judge unit who's name I can't remember. He's a 5 star base who is a buff/debuff focused attacker. No mention of Balthier, so sad times there I guess.

There's another -special announcement- scheduled for tomorrow at 10:45 PST.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Shingouryu posted:

Ffbe was just on Squares E3 stream. Revealed Ashe, Rasler and the Global exclusive judge unit who's name I can't remember. He's a 5 star base who is a buff/debuff focused attacker. No mention of Balthier, so sad times there I guess.

Special announcement: whales didn't feel like getting 5* units felt special enough because regular players are occasionally getting them so the drop rate of 5* units on the half price pull has been reduced.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Does anyone have any tips on beating Gilgamesh without items and without Ling? I've done the 5-man clear already, and my only MP regen is Bartz. (time to queue up King's TM)

I guess the extra person could be just someone like Yshtola who's job would be exclusively res Bartz every turn and maybe buff DEF on occasion.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You could always ask someone here to set you up with an invincible Noctis/Lightning to solo him with.

Otherwise, I suggest taking a Noctis friend. He can use Cover to give everyone in the party Refresh, and he can Point Warp himself to refill his own MP/HP. His Thunder Flasks will also cancel Gilgamesh's Electrocutes due to being hybrid damage.
Just make sure you don't make him your only source of Light or other elemental damage.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Voodoo posted:

Does anyone have any tips on beating Gilgamesh without items and without Ling? I've done the 5-man clear already, and my only MP regen is Bartz. (time to queue up King's TM)

I guess the extra person could be just someone like Yshtola who's job would be exclusively res Bartz every turn and maybe buff DEF
You can cheese it with a friend unit with 100% dodge and saftey bit, but if you want to do it legit get a maxed out snow, get the demonic life materia from this upcoming brave frontier event and then get a friend noctis with cover, or someone's newely awakened tilith and use them as an mp battery.

If you want to cheese it me or several other people can set up a noctis/ lightning that can solo it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Shingouryu posted:

It's Zargabaath, AKA the most forgettable of the Judges. He should be an OK unit, though.

The real news about stuff like the Ariana Grande bundle should be coming tomorrow - there are two streams for BE tomorrow, remember.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can confirm that Reberta is amazing. Her strengths have been mostly covered, but it's worth noting that Spears are neat in that they have some of the best elemental coverage of any weapon, and once you get to Zoldaad you can visit a Fat Chocobo who gives you the Holy Spear for 100 Quartz, and that allows you to get super-effective damage on combos with TG Cid. The Wind Spear also allows you to get stupid chains with Fohlen.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 14, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

i think he can max evade with a twenty sided die instead of lucii

at least that's what the unit calculator showed

any cues you use for your chains? i've been hitting fohlen right as the first dr projectiles appear on screen - it's been kinda hit or miss in terms of getting up to 40. maybe it's the du timing that is off

Apparently Reberta and Fohlen share the exact same timing, which isn't the same as Orlando's at all. Orlandeu doesn't move, either, which is what makes chaining him with himself so easy (almost instantaneous button presses.) Fohlen and Reberta have some gaps in their chains that conflict a little bit with Orlandeu's, but not to the point where you can't get an overall higher chain if done correctly.

EDIT: Also, I was unaware that the Assassin's Vest was Light Armor, not Clothes. This changes everything. I have all the necessary ingredients for a 100% evade Fohlen cooking right now as soon as I beat Echidna, and get that vest. :getin:

Palleon posted:

Just really got to pay attention. Do you have any Setzers? I ended up beating it using Dana's Noctis as support, along with a refia, ling, ysola, and Cecil. Setzer can kill both of them with 4-5 good procs on dice if you stack him with aquan killer and a bunch of poaches (man I really regret only getting 2 not realizing they stack), and just using everyone else to keep him alive.

I will try this.

At least I beat the Titan Trial before it went away. All I have left now is Echidna and Ultros. I hear Echidna can be smooshed with two Orlandeus with Diablos.

Maybe these two trials will all be easier with 6* Tillith on Thursday.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 15, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also new guys should note that there's downtime at 11PM Pacific, so you have about five hours or so to finish up Giant of Babel - and you should get most of it done, because it does drop some nice gear (including a very good helmet).

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I have over 250k Titan coins to summon with. Can't wait till Tilith can be 6* so I'll actually have a use for all that exp.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I have over 250k Titan coins to summon with. Can't wait till Tilith can be 6* so I'll actually have a use for all that exp.

I will be pulling for so many hours on Friday.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

wow respect your self control for not spending those already

how many unit slots do you have?

hope you have units to use all the cactaurs on

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It's pretty awesome, fun, and most importantly fair that the trial Titan in stage three can still land 2k damage hits even when I've got Ling's attack break up and a maximum Cecil limit break up.

I don't even know if having a five star damage dealer would be enough to get past round one of stage 3. What a terrible sign of bullshit to come :allears:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cry Havoc posted:

wow respect your self control for not spending those already

how many unit slots do you have?

hope you have units to use all the cactaurs on

I'm at 291/320 right now, I'm going to be EXTRA stupid and pull all 100k friend points, too. Let's see just how overzised my unit count can get.

I don't have units for the cactuars, I will probably just throw them at 4*s and such for the hell of it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

if you're pulling on the next banner you can wait to see what you get

and levelling units to max is a good way to store a bunch of exp in fewer slots

edit: just did a count and holy poo poo i still have 175 king metal minitaurs after levelling wilhelm, two amelias and fohlen recently

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 15, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

that moment when you realize you have a problem

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

a problem solved by more pulling

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Can confirm that Reberta is amazing. Her strengths have been mostly covered, but it's worth noting that Spears are neat in that they have some of the best elemental coverage of any weapon, and once you get to Zoldaad you can visit a Fat Chocobo who gives you the Holy Spear for 100 Quartz, and that allows you to get super-effective damage on combos with TG Cid. The Wind Spear also allows you to get stupid chains with Fohlen.

That's good to hear. I have Fryevia, so I am hoping I can do something with Reberta and Ice Lance once I get her leveled up.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

WebDO posted:

It's pretty awesome, fun, and most importantly fair that the trial Titan in stage three can still land 2k damage hits even when I've got Ling's attack break up and a maximum Cecil limit break up.

I still haven't beaten the Titan Trial yet and for some reason today I was trying again and the thing was wiping my team after like 3 turns every time. I have my buffs up and attack and magic broken but it's nonstop pain train.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Trying the same thing too, and he's killing people before his core comes out with Ling's attack break and Refia's Embolden up. I might not even finish this, I'm tired of wasting energy on it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Looking forward to a 6* WoL. I'm pretty good on the 6* Caster and Healer front and could really use another physical 6*. Unless I get lucky on pulls, it's either him or Kelsus(provided I can obtain him).

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Sakura is a super big help on Titan trial, 20% damage reduction is huge.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Looking forward to a 6* WoL. I'm pretty good on the 6* Caster and Healer front and could really use another physical 6*. Unless I get lucky on pulls, it's either him or Kelsus(provided I can obtain him).

You will probably get Kelsus by the end of the month if you are doing he daily missions.

Ratmtattat posted:

I still haven't beaten the Titan Trial yet and for some reason today I was trying again and the thing was wiping my team after like 3 turns every time. I have my buffs up and attack and magic broken but it's nonstop pain train.

I know it's kind of late now, but this trial is one of those ones ones that either you or you and a friend having two of the same unit for perfect chains is kind of the best way to go, what with the time limits and all.

Thancred's TMR can be a help in shoring up your buffteam's HP. Usually, you want to make sure your healing and support is as tanky as possible, so that you don't have a domino effect if one of them falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

Sakura is a super big help on Titan trial, 20% damage reduction is huge.

The problem for me is that with her 5* stats she doesn't have the HP to survive even with her barrier. I don't have the gear and materia to get her hp up enough.

• Locked thread