Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
According to the lore book, there are roughly a dozen dragoons in service at the end of the war

A lot of role players threw a fit because it ruined their "dragoon from ishgard" rp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
A thing I noticed with regards to jobs and soulstones, is that the lvl 30-50 quests gives you new abilleties via the soulstone, wheras the lvl 52-60 quests gives you abillities based on your character (new chakra opening for monk, experiences creating new songs for bard).

Machinist is special. If I remember correctly, lvl 30-50 you get new abillities described as tricks your trainer teaches you, and at lvl 52-60 it is upgrades to your machinist thingie.

MatteusTheCorrupt fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 14, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I get the impression that people running around with healing magic isn't super common, since players are usually relegated to generic mercs or w/e. But the again, there is the conjurer's guild.

What's the deal with Jobs from a lore standpoint? From the handful of jobs I've done the context in which you get the job stone seems like they're mostly "chosen one" sorts of thing where the WoL is the only person beyond a few NPCs to get to be the job. On the other hand you have machinists which just seem like people with guns.

Machinists are actually a special case, because everything about the job, including the soul stone, is entirely man-made. The tooltip for it even says that it's literally a blank slate, unlike all the other soul stones which are etched with the deeds of heroes past.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Holyshoot posted:

just hit cancel and login again when the queue window pops up. Lets you skip to the front of the line. Unless that doesn't actually work when there is a long queue?

Why on earth would you even think this works if there's actually a queue? Like, yeah, I get the 13 people in line pop up and cancel rejoin all the time, but if there's 1300 people in line why do you think this would work?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I havent played this game without high ping so im looking forward to #eurexit

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Why on earth would you even think this works if there's actually a queue? Like, yeah, I get the 13 people in line pop up and cancel rejoin all the time, but if there's 1300 people in line why do you think this would work?

ps2 limitations :iiam: . I'll just make sure to stay logged in by being in combat when I need to go afk. I believe that was how we gamed the system when HW came out and they flipped on the auto log off timer.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Farg posted:

According to the lore book, there are roughly a dozen dragoons in service at the end of the war

A lot of role players threw a fit because it ruined their "dragoon from ishgard" rp

Good.

Koji is doing the lord's work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it works with the low-number queues because the 'line' doesn't update in real time. you're not using some kind of cheat code, you're just bypassing the process of waiting for the game to realize you're next to log in and then logging you in. if you did this with queues in the hundreds all you would be doing was constantly putting yourself in the back of the line.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eopia posted:

Huh. I guess I was wrong. I could've sworn I ran into content in premades that wouldn't let us in because someone wasn't high enough ilevel but I'm probably just misremembering.

I believe 24 mans have the restriction unless you have a full alliance, so that might explain why you experienced something else. This has been in place a long time possibly as long as ilevel restrictions on content have been in place (2.2 iirc).

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Holyshoot posted:

ps2 limitations :iiam: . I'll just make sure to stay logged in by being in combat when I need to go afk. I believe that was how we gamed the system when HW came out and they flipped on the auto log off timer.

Having an active craft prevents the idle timer too, time to dust off my crafting tools.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

Excuse me, sprouts will spoke when spoken to.

lmao

Saint Freak posted:

Actually I've counted all their available flamethrowers and I'm sad to say they're at 0.

fair point, withdrawn

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Auto kick solved that problem, though. It'll be bad that morning when servers open up and then later on when people get home from work/school and jump on in waves. After the initial play period people tend to spread themselves out from sleeping, eating, etc. It was a player driven arms race where the only reason you had to never log out was because nobody else logged out.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'll be joining the queue via remote desktop while at work and attack a training dummy so I don't get booted until I can get home and actually play.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

thats why you log on in he morning and set up an autohotkey to just hit w every so often

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What's everyone going to be playing during the extended downtime? I'm playing Stellaris.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

nier

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Maybe try out Shadow of Mordor since the sequel is looking pretty sweet.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So am I misunderstanding or is there about to be a mass exodus of goons from Excal to Omega? Am I about to lose all my friends?

SirPhoebos posted:

What's everyone going to be playing during the extended downtime? I'm playing Stellaris.

WWE2k16 and that new MvC demo.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Glttermitten Grove. I'm so glad I picked it up in that Humble Bundle.

Also been playing some FF1 on GBA on my bus ride to and from work. Not exactly the best way to get my RDM fix, but it does help pass the time :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Job Stones are also special because they're magical artifacts. The whole "enscribed with the deeds of [heroes] past" thing means their holders actually learn techniques from them via magical osmosis as they fight, allowing them to bypass years or even decades of formal training.

Pure speculation on my part but I bet possession of the echo dramatically improves this process in both speed and intensity.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm going to be playing the game where I do all of the housework and errands for the week so I can be a lazy piece of poo poo for fri/sat/sun.

SonicRulez posted:

So am I misunderstanding or is there about to be a mass exodus of goons from Excal to Omega? Am I about to lose all my friends?

WWE2k16 and that new MvC demo.

Some of the eurogoons are thinking about hopping over. Some are staying.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

SirPhoebos posted:

Maybe I'll go through the Metro games again. Or perhaps Grim Dawn.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Breath of the wild. I've been playing a lot of it over this past week anyway because I don't really have much to do in ffxiv. I might start another hollow knight run too, since I lost my save at 99% and didn't have the heart to start it all again right there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

UHD posted:

I'm leveling AST first but I'm probably going to regret it.

Not because AST is not good (it is) or because of the shorter dungeon queues, but because AST looks like a total dink in cutscenes.

"Ooh you wanna fight me Mr. Big Empire Man??" *child's toy noises*

Playing ninja was always weird when I was using af armor because there were scenes where the character was clearly making facial expressions I couldn't see. The game did automatically remove my head gear when that one serving girl poisons the WoL with a drink, but IIRC the head gear stayed on for dinner with Aymeric, which was funny.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Job Stones are also special because they're magical artifacts. The whole "enscribed with the deeds of [heroes] past" thing means their holders actually learn techniques from them via magical osmosis as they fight, allowing them to bypass years or even decades of formal training.

Pure speculation on my part but I bet possession of the echo dramatically improves this process in both speed and intensity.

I like the theory, it does make sense. We're able to see past events in "in your face" detail when other people would just get a drip feed of memories.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Warframe dailies, some FFT, then going to bed at normie hours. :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Sinteres posted:

Playing ninja was always weird when I was using af armor because there were scenes where the character was clearly making facial expressions I couldn't see. The game did automatically remove my head gear when that one serving girl poisons the WoL with a drink, but IIRC the head gear stayed on for dinner with Aymeric, which was funny.

Leveling through the MSQ as a Tank was hilarious because of the tin can armor doing that. It's like 'you can't see my facial expression but don't worry, I'm doing my best Dark Souls impression here.'

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Hardest part will be getting to bed so that I wake up like a human at 5. What's the best way to sleep earlier than normal goons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Farg posted:

Hardest part will be getting to bed so that I wake up like a human at 5. What's the best way to sleep earlier than normal goons

force yourself awake at unholy hours tomorrow, get to bed by 10 on thursday

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I honestly have such a huge backlog of games at this point I don't think I will have issues finding something to do Thursday.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Don't poopsock. Sleep normal hours. Drink plenty of water. Eat real food (or cut up a bunch of fruit and veggies before hand a live off them for days).

The game will be there when you're ready, and you'll probably enjoy it more than if you're tired and fuelled by energy drinks.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I'm going to spend time with my wife and daughter so I can then ignore them all weekend guilt free.

OK that's a lie. I will play Stormblood all weekend but I'll probably feel bad about it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

funkymonks posted:

I'm going to spend time with my wife and daughter so I can then ignore them all weekend guilt free.

OK that's a lie. I will play Stormblood all weekend but I'll probably feel bad about it.

I still haven't had the heart to tell my fiancé an expansion is coming out on Friday and she'll have to say goodbye for a while

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My sister had the gall to get married Saturday and I guess I'm in the wedding party or something, but I'm fairly sure I can sneak out of it with a simple flashbang distraction I've concocted.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Sleep is for the dead

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Don't poopsock. Sleep normal hours. Drink plenty of water. Eat real food (or cut up a bunch of fruit and veggies before hand a live off them for days).

The game will be there when you're ready, and you'll probably enjoy it more than if you're tired and fuelled by energy drinks.

thank you, reddit

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

wrong, doritos and mt dew all the way.

I took Friday off but that only happens if my managers pregnant wife doesn't pop by then. I still have to keep a normal schedule as well and go to the gym sat and Sunday. Being normal sucks.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've got an extremely busy day at work tomorrow (fortunately?) which means by the time I get home I'll be tired enough to take a shower and pass out until 3AM.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So wait, there's going to be an idle timer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm going to stay up all night and slam energy drinks and lovely food because I'm taking Friday off and I don't work weekends. I make good life decisions.

• Locked thread