Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The guy who allegedly shot the Republican congressman today was inspired by political cartoons maybe?

He apparently loved Luckovich...so prepare for those hot takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
For bonus points compare the cartoonist's reaction to the Giffords shooting.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Have they found this post yet?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Here's Lester on the Giffords shooting which is already topical because the security detail returned fire and didn't kill the shooter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Have they found this post yet?

:rip: stuart carlson

Starshark posted:

Here's Lester on the Giffords shooting which is already topical because the security detail returned fire and didn't kill the shooter.

Nah, shooter's dead. He's the only dead one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Starshark posted:

According to Trump (so maybe not) shooter has died from being shot by the security detail.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Oh well, that's me wrong. Guns for everyone.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Starshark posted:

But what if another one of those people on the crowd was a law-abiding gun owner? They hear the sound of gunfire, grab their pistol and see two people with guns. Which one is the bad guy and which one is the fellow law-abiding gun owner? Or maybe they're both bad guys? Our hero doesn't have time to wait and see who each gunman is shooting at, they have to make a split-second decision because their lives and the lives of everyone around them are at risk, the adrenaline's pumping, so they go with their gut and shoot whoever has the darker skin color.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

loquacius posted:

I don't often say we should stop posting things but Middle Age Riot is just a tweet with clipart attached and nobody ever discusses it because there's not much to discuss and we should probably stop posting it

So be it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Pakled posted:

But what if another one of those people on the crowd was a law-abiding gun owner? They hear the sound of gunfire, grab their pistol and see two people with guns. Which one is the bad guy and which one is the fellow law-abiding gun owner? Or maybe they're both bad guys? Our hero doesn't have time to wait and see who each gunman is shooting at, they have to make a split-second decision because their lives and the lives of everyone around them are at risk, the adrenaline's pumping, so they go with their gut and shoot whoever has the darker skin color.

Uh, dude, the gunman is clearly standing in the middle of nowhere with the victim on one side of him and the good guys on the other. Guns for everyone.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Compare and contrast.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It's bad that Trump tweets but it's really The Mainstream MSM Media's fault therefore libs still bad. Phew, dodged that bullet!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Starshark posted:

Lester recognizing mental health issues cause violence and prescribing we treat them. By shooting the person after the fact.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How did Kirschen find out about Helmetman?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Matt Bors just retweeted this classic:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cythereal posted:

I think it was called Dial H For Hero and I have no idea, go ask BSS. I just follow the comic book movies and tv threads there, and that comic was mentioned at one point.
Dial H for Hero was about a magic phone dial that turned you into a superhero when you dialed H-E-R-O (China Mieville wrote the most recent iteration of it and I highly recommend it, it's really good.)

I think you're thinking of Heroes for Hire, which was Luke Cage and Iron Fist and co. basically doing exactly what the title says. I think they talked about possibly making a Netflix series of it eventually since we already have both Iron Fist and Jessica Jones?

:goonsay:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Yes, upper class Tories say 'ell' like a bad Dick Van Dyke accent...

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

chairface posted:

The gently caress is happening? I'm agreeing with Ben loving Garrison now?

That bull is the closest he's come yet to drawing Trump's actual physique.

Fantasy 1, Reality 0

Nice Batman logo.

That rubber shark :allears:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

That bull is the closest he's come yet to drawing Trump's actual physique.

Fantasy 1, Reality 0

"Washington Post posted:

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), in a suit and tie, stopped by the crime scene to pray, and was viscerally angry about his colleagues being attacked.

“America has been divided,” he said, “and the center of America is disappearing, and the violence is appearing in the streets, and it’s coming from the left.” King indicated that it was impossible to separate the hyperpartisan climate in Washington — especially people protesting Trump — and Republican members of Congress being gunned down at a baseball practice.

“The divisions within the country, people that can’t accept the results of the election that are determined to try to take this country down, take this organization down,” King said. “This city was filled up with demonstrations the day after the inauguration, where you couldn’t drive down the streets.”

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"He can get away with using the n-word so why can't I?! Liberal double-standards! :freep:"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Protesting an incompetent president is literally indistinguishable from shooting an unarmed man. Also the country is divided but it's your fault and not mine.
I thought Trump was going to unite the country. His base couldn't stop saying that the social/racial/class/political divide was going to be healed, even though they never said how. Where's that magic, Don?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Starshark posted:

See, it'd be more accurate if both shooters were labeled "crazy person" and both of them hit everything except each other.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Wistful of Dollars posted:

"He can get away with using the n-word so why can't I?! Liberal double-standards! :freep:"

Anyone else remember that "Can I say the Spanish word for Black?" cartoon from a year or so back?

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Hmm, I don't think the microphones, earpieces, notepad, and press card were strong enough signifiers.

*labels nest MEDIA*

That's better

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guest artist: Bob Gorrell

Rob Smith Jr. sketched a thing.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

That's better than his actual cartoons.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
What's the going rate for 4ranium these days?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Jesus, HES SUCH A GOOD POLITICAL CARTOONIST!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

puttin this one in the ol' pulitzer portfolio

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

He gets paid for this...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Ramirez seems serious about winning the gaybies this year as well

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Starshark posted:

Oh well, that's me wrong. Guns for everyone.

The presence of armed security probably prevented this from being a much more serious tragedy. Of course, there's a world of difference between trained professionals and a guy who is certified as unlikely to shoot himself in the foot.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

At this point literally what are right wingers expecting? I was trying to make up some exaggerated piece of literal, physical evidence like you'd have in a plastic baggie because that's what they seem to want (because obviously testimony doesn't count) but I couldn't even come up with something hypothetical in my head they wouldn't immediately discount, up to and including a video of Trump shaking hands with Russian officials while handing over a sack labeled "secrets".

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

At this point literally what are right wingers expecting? I was trying to make up some exaggerated piece of literal, physical evidence like you'd have in a plastic baggie because that's what they seem to want (because obviously testimony doesn't count) but I couldn't even come up with something hypothetical in my head they wouldn't immediately discount, up to and including a video of Trump shaking hands with Russian officials while handing over a sack labeled "secrets".

The expect you to die. No sorry give up, I meant they expect you to give up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

Did you hear Tom Cotton's 'questions' yesterday with JeffBo?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

That rubber shark :allears:

Didn't you notice the budgie smuggler and the ears? Guess who!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rob Smith's cartoons always read like a liberal parody of conservative talking points

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh yeah? Where's your evidence for this, poo poo for brains?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MelvinBison posted:

Anyone else remember that "Can I say the Spanish word for Black?" cartoon from a year or so back?

Yeah, wasn't that one from the Ku Klux Klurfs guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Stultus Maximus posted:

Did you hear Tom Cotton's 'questions' yesterday with JeffBo?
Vaguely reminds me of an argument I had once in which a guy argued that Russia couldn't have been implicated in hacking anything, because hackers would want to AVOID leaving any trail. Leaving any kind of evidence to get caught by isn't something a hacker would do!
Likewise this is just so self-evidently ridiculous there's no way we should even listen to testimony, it's obviously fake. "Can you imagine the president or any of his cabinet colluding with Russia? It's through the looking glass! That's why we can automatically conclude it didn't happen."

• Locked thread