Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Morter posted:

I'm surprised how much I like Realm Grinder and keep poking at it (no pun intended). Even did the gift of kings just for fun, because I know I like it enough that i'll get 5bux worth from it.

Any other that are similar, or as robust? I'm playing pretty much blind/simplistically, so I don't need anything super complex, like I've run into on certain idle steam games. Yeesh!
I'm currently poking at XTeam a whole bunch.

It's basically Tap Titans with a sci-fi skin. It throws a poo poo-ton of free currency at you early on through achievements, which you can use to upgrade the free drops you get ingame to get even more. It's got the usual ad-based freebies too, but even that gets boosted. So you can end up with skills that almost double their duration pretty drat easy.

You get honor points on reset that let you get extra buffs with relics, and basically everything is upgradable in some way, be it from drops, gems, or a lil mining minigame.

There's also having fun spotting all the icons / names they've stolen borrowed from other games. I've spotted the Halo rocket launcher, several Borderlands guns, the wrist computer from Fallout, and a whole bunch of Starcraft upgrade icons. :allears:

You'll definitely want to mute the audio though. The gatling gun firing can be set to automatic, and plays on every single screen even if you're not at the main game screen. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tonytheshoes posted:

There are often requests for puzzle game recommendations in this thread, so if you're looking for a good time-waster, Infinity Loop Premium is free right now. Not the hardest puzzler in the world, but good for turning off your brain.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funlab.looppremium&hl=en
Note that this appears to be a copy of the original Infinity Loop. I imagine they're basically the same game though.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

limited posted:

I'm currently poking at XTeam a whole bunch.

It's basically Tap Titans with a sci-fi skin. It throws a poo poo-ton of free currency at you early on through achievements, which you can use to upgrade the free drops you get ingame to get even more. It's got the usual ad-based freebies too, but even that gets boosted. So you can end up with skills that almost double their duration pretty drat easy.

You get honor points on reset that let you get extra buffs with relics, and basically everything is upgradable in some way, be it from drops, gems, or a lil mining minigame.

There's also having fun spotting all the icons / names they've stolen borrowed from other games. I've spotted the Halo rocket launcher, several Borderlands guns, the wrist computer from Fallout, and a whole bunch of Starcraft upgrade icons. :allears:

You'll definitely want to mute the audio though. The gatling gun firing can be set to automatic, and plays on every single screen even if you're not at the main game screen. :gonk:

I've been casually playing it, but christ, the Engrish...

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Tunga posted:

Note that this appears to be a copy of the original Infinity Loop. I imagine they're basically the same game though.

Wow, that's really flagrant! I didn't even notice--now I see that the logos are ever-so-slightly different. Well, at least it was free...

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Slayaway Camp, a horror-movie-themed puzzle game I've been enjoying quite a lot on PC, is now out on Android. It's $2 without any additional microtransactions or ads.

vvv yeah, I posted about it right after receiving an email from the devs and didn't think to check the previous page. Consider it a signal boost because it's a really neat game.

ovaries fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 14, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ovaries posted:

Slayaway Camp, a horror-movie-themed puzzle game I've been enjoying quite a lot on PC, is now out on Android. It's $2 without any additional microtransactions or ads.

Cool, anyone else wanna let us know about this game being out? Third time's the charm.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Cool, anyone else wanna let us know about this game being out? Third time's the charm.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hey guys! Guess what?

Happy Birthday, Shwqa!

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Hey guys! Guess what?

Happy Birthday, Shwqa!

You're looking for the IOS thread for the Shwqa birthday thing.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Tunga posted:

I really hope this is somehow the same dev just with a new publisher or something.

Anyway, similarly to the first game, it's easy and fun. The original seemed like it would go forever, hence the name, but didn't form cute pictures like this one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Chinook posted:

I really hope this is somehow the same dev just with a new publisher or something.

Anyway, similarly to the first game, it's easy and fun. The original seemed like it would go forever, hence the name, but didn't form cute pictures like this one.

Yeah, I didn't even know there was another game either, but the ripoff honestly seems way better, doesn't have ads and they also don't seem to be boasting some bullshit brain training benefits in the marketing.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So Lineage II Revolution is starting its staggered release for the global version. Is anyone interested in this? An autoplaying MMO with UE4 graphics and super successful in the Asia regions, like first place for several months successful. Broke-brained me likes his auto-players.

APKs can be found out in the wild (APKpure clicky) and servers seem to be international. And on the topic of those, there seem to be a shitload of different ones. If you guys are interested do we want to gather on a specific one? Currently also lurking the subreddit to see if there's gonna be a consensus.

Or are most of you guys sane enough to skip this anyway?

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

So Lineage II Revolution is starting its staggered release for the global version. Is anyone interested in this? An autoplaying MMO with UE4 graphics and super successful in the Asia regions, like first place for several months successful. Broke-brained me likes his auto-players.

APKs can be found out in the wild (APKpure clicky) and servers seem to be international. And on the topic of those, there seem to be a shitload of different ones. If you guys are interested do we want to gather on a specific one? Currently also lurking the subreddit to see if there's gonna be a consensus.

I'm planning on getting in on this but i'm not sure how long I'll last. I like the idea of an autoplayer to grind and then actually pick up and play when I'm not tied to my desk. I'll join whatever server if you ever get around to picking one.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

I'm in. I played the crap out Crusaders of Light (which on first appearances this looks very similar too), but couldn't find a cool guild to hang with, so got bored.

It's not released in the UK yet, so a bit annoying to load it to start with, but it seems to work OK on my ageing Nexus 9.

I played for like 15 mins before work on the first server and got to level 3 I think, so if we decide on a different server I have no issue with rolling again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So are there thoughts on Idle Heroes? It doesn't seem terrible from a couple of gameplay videos I've seen, but I haven't seen any goon input.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im in

i think giran1 is the go to server

queeb fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 14, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Joining in on the new hotness

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Giran1 it is! In as Chiban, gimme your friendship (points).

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Sent a friend request.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Giran1 it is! In as Chiban, gimme your friendship (points).

Sent a request as VariableSA.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Started up as ArteaSA.

Seems fun. Killing mah batteries.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Trying this ou. In as coyo7e

edit: dwarf race is a 10 year-old girl. awesome

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

not entirely sure what to make of this video game yet, but I made a clan called shrine if anyone wants to hang out. Seems like clans have (at least initially) a 15 player cap and req lv10+ to join.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The most important game of our lifetime has just been released: Garfield Go

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gann Jerrod posted:

I thought this was going to be a Hitman/DeusEX/Tombraider Go and got excited to solve pasta puzzles.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I tried that Lineage game and was bored to tears almost instantly. It's like watching someone else play Diablo. What's the draw there?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Fired up Lineage, in as Stacker. Not sure if it will hold my interest better than Crusaders of Light, but we'll see.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Hard to say no to a Netmarble game but lol the dwarf being a 10 year old girl for.

In as SAvemeBarry

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It's not a game but I'll mention that the Android version of Duolingo has Japanese now. The update rolled out for me a couple days ago, anyway.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
In lineage as moonshinesas

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

queeb posted:

im in

i think giran1 is the go to server

My server choices are "English" "4 Chinese Characters" "3 Chinese? Characters", which one is this Giran1?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Trastion posted:

My server choices are "English" "4 Chinese Characters" "3 Chinese? Characters", which one is this Giran1?

english and then you pick the other server

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

queeb posted:

english and then you pick the other server

Ok thanks, It was warning me that I couldn't change the server once I picked it so I didn't want to chance it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Jesus christ, a loving Garfield AR game... :doh:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
South Park Phone Destroyer is out, soft launched in certain countries.

Anyone can give a review?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

EzEight posted:

South Park Phone Destroyer is out, soft launched in certain countries.

Anyone can give a review?

Didn't they just announce it yesterday?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Deakul posted:

Jesus christ, a loving Garfield AR game... :doh:
If it doesn't brick your device when you try to open it on a Monday, it's not realistic. :colbert:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

based on the screenshots, it looks like part of the game involves collecting "rare garfields"

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Now are they Pam-head/Garf-bods, or Garf-bod/Pam-heads?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Didn't they just announce it yesterday?

Fallout Shelter came out during Bethesda's E3 conference last year, it's not that far fetched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Fallout Shelter came out during Bethesda's E3 conference last year, it's not that far fetched.

Yeah but they announced South Park and said it is getting a release later this year, with no date yet.