Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GOON TALES-

Doctor Dog is not allowed anywhere near the car anymore.

That is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Burkion posted:

GOON TALES-

Doctor Dog is not allowed anywhere near the car anymore.

That is all

you're just gonna post this and not :justpost: THE drat STORY BEHIND IT?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

you're just gonna post this and not :justpost: THE drat STORY BEHIND IT?

He knows what he loving did.

Two matches, one after the other. First one, we get the car going in record time, fight our way out, and he's driving- we actually pull it off and we're in the loving clear.

Then he crashes into a fence because he stopped looking at the game and just assumed the road would be straight.

Then the Chad that was in the car bailed for the boat, and even though we had the PERFECT CHANCE to recover, he refuses to drive off without him. He starts going backwards AFTER Chad when Jason is already caught up. From there it just falls apart and we all die. Like, he actively refused to leave without Chad until it was too late.

The second attempt was even more frustrating. So he's not driving to begin with I don't think, but Duster is Jason so you know. poo poo goes wrong.

I end up getting Dusted pretty quickly and Duster slaughters most of the rest of them. I come back as Tommy, rush over to the car and he's the only one still alive.

So the two of us work on Duster and I finally get Duster knocked down long enough for Dog to start the car. I physically use my body to keep Duster from smashing the car and then I throw myself in the way of the door so he can't get there.

All Dog has to do is go backwards. It's not LIKELY he would survive, but it was a straight shot backwards. He could have juked Duster in the car if he tried.

He goes literally every other direction that isn't backwards

He does not survive.

My sole consolation is that the boat team survived.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Hockles posted:

PATCH NOTES

New Features
-Increased betrayal penalty from -200 XP to -1000 XP per kill

Well, I'm never picking up another shotgun again. I think I accidentally hit more councilors than Jasons anyway.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Carebearz posted:

how? am I missing something here?

I'm mad because going psycho Chad is gonna cost extra now

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Carebearz posted:

how? am I missing something here?

it is not an effective change because most griefers didn't care about XP in the first place. the difference between -600XP/round and -3000 is academic to them. as such it won't change their behavior, but people screaming about being killed will feel marginally better about it. the people hurt most here will be the cats who accidentally kill a dude since it sets them back the best part of two games.

an actual effective change would be a DOTA 2 like system where if you get enough reports, you get thrown into a low-priority pool where you can only play with other shitlords. just have a betrayal count as an automatic report. an accidental kill here and there won't matter, but if you kill 5 people over 3 games you're going into games will resemble The Culling with a superpowered referee.

this however would be a pretty large systemic change and they're still up to their nutsacks in bugs so i wouldn't expect that.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

Two matches, one after the other. First one, we get the car going in record time, fight our way out, and he's driving- we actually pull it off and we're in the loving clear.

Then he crashes into a fence because he stopped looking at the game and just assumed the road would be straight.

Then the Chad that was in the car bailed for the boat, and even though we had the PERFECT CHANCE to recover, he refuses to drive off without him. He starts going backwards AFTER Chad when Jason is already caught up. From there it just falls apart and we all die. Like, he actively refused to leave without Chad until it was too late.

The second attempt was even more frustrating. So he's not driving to begin with I don't think, but Duster is Jason so you know. poo poo goes wrong.

I end up getting Dusted pretty quickly and Duster slaughters most of the rest of them. I come back as Tommy, rush over to the car and he's the only one still alive.

So the two of us work on Duster and I finally get Duster knocked down long enough for Dog to start the car. I physically use my body to keep Duster from smashing the car and then I throw myself in the way of the door so he can't get there.

All Dog has to do is go backwards. It's not LIKELY he would survive, but it was a straight shot backwards. He could have juked Duster in the car if he tried.

He goes literally every other direction that isn't backwards

He does not survive.

My sole consolation is that the boat team survived.

this is the best thing ever

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Lastdancer posted:

I'm mad because going psycho Chad is gonna cost extra now

I'll ask again, how? what am I missing here

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Then the Chad that was in the car bailed for the boat, and even though we had the PERFECT CHANCE to recover, he refuses to drive off without him.

Don't talk about my loyal man-servant friend Dr. Dog.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

KildarX posted:

bonus points if Dr. Dog was playing Buggsy to your Chad.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Well, I'm never picking up another shotgun again. I think I accidentally hit more councilors than Jasons anyway.

They're gonna need to make an in-game clarification between running people over and weapons kills because the former happening is not griefing, its great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gonna throw myself in front of cars errday

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Being a passenger in a car that runs someone over should net you the xp loss as well as you're guilty by association.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Hitting someone with the car should be bonus points as is one of many unwritten rules of the road IRL

It's good to hear they're fixing glitch spots, though. If you do that why even play (I start to think this anytime I hide somewhere in this game)

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 14, 2017

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MacheteZombie posted:

Gonna throw myself in front of cars errday

One of my first games I ran out into the middle of the road to get away from Jason and it turned into the scene from Robocop. I laughed forever. Would suck for someone's game to be thrown out the window for that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
speaking of running poo poo over, if Jason is facing away from the car and you hit him, what happens?

Also, I just remember the game I played with goons where (I think it was Duster) someone melee'd jason and it sent Jason flying out of the map and we won as a result.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MacheteZombie posted:

speaking of running poo poo over, if Jason is facing away from the car and you hit him, what happens?

Also, I just remember the game I played with goons where (I think it was Duster) someone melee'd jason and it sent Jason flying out of the map and we won as a result.

Jason in any position anywhere in the bumper strike box triggers the animation.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

as jason, i've popped up from a dead stun and broken the car when they tried to run over my fallen form

jason is the unmovable object, that pos car is not an unstoppable force

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

He'll trigger the animation if you hit him with the front. If you hit him with the rear, the car just stops dead but it's not counted as a crash. Still gives him enough room to maybe grab the driver out.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Coolguye posted:

an actual effective change would be a DOTA 2 like system where if you get enough reports, you get thrown into a low-priority pool where you can only play with other shitlords. just have a betrayal count as an automatic report. an accidental kill here and there won't matter, but if you kill 5 people over 3 games you're going into games will resemble The Culling with a superpowered referee.

this however would be a pretty large systemic change and they're still up to their nutsacks in bugs so i wouldn't expect that.

Not sure about other platforms, but XBone players have been using LFG and Groups so much that I seriously doubt it would work anyway.

Seriously, though, that' s a bs amount of XP for the number of accidental kills that happen in this game. I'd hope you can't earn -XP for a game, just a stop at 0, because accidentally hitting someone you're trying to save with the shotgun or running someone over when they run in front of the car would be super lovely and/or way less funny.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Did this patch remove the ability to spectate Jason after you've died? All I can select are counselors.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hockles posted:

Did this patch remove the ability to spectate Jason after you've died? All I can select are counselors.

You could always only spectate Jason on private matches. Public matches don't let you.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chitoryu12 posted:

You could always only spectate Jason on private matches. Public matches don't let you.

I literally had never played a public match until today. I play on XBox, it's been broken.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KildarX posted:

I will so long as he dares to get behind the wheel of a car

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chitoryu12 posted:

Xboners wouldn't know that until today because this is the first day public matches work.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah they don't let you spec jason on public matches, you should still be able to in privates

it's a little disappointing but i can understand why they rolled it like that

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Had a really weird match last night where I was jason and the counselors got the blue car fixed insanely fast. I teleported to the road ahead to block them but they didn't show up, and I noticed on the map the car wasn't moving, so I walked back over and they had somehow flipped the car onto its roof just after the ramp up from packanack lodge, and all four passengers were up on the roof of the little shack next to where they'd crashed the car.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Coolguye posted:

that pos car is not an unstoppable force

That would be Chad.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Had a really weird match last night where I was jason and the counselors got the blue car fixed insanely fast. I teleported to the road ahead to block them but they didn't show up, and I noticed on the map the car wasn't moving, so I walked back over and they had somehow flipped the car onto its roof just after the ramp up from packanack lodge, and all four passengers were up on the roof of the little shack next to where they'd crashed the car.

Oh poo poo they added Graboids to the game and didn't tell us!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If I wanted to crash so often, I should at least drive the car. I don't understand why the game does this.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Let it be known that I, as Tommy Jarvis, and Jetamo, wearing a very fashionable sweater, ended our long national nightmare by killing Duster-Jason.

This is easily the highlight of my F13 career.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
How did Duster take it

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Lastdancer posted:

How did Duster take it

Lying down.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Hockles posted:

Lying down.

:eyepop:

True to his namesake.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sorry, I have no reason to drop that, but it was too good not to pass up. :smith:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Hockles posted:

Sorry, I have no reason to drop that, but it was too good not to pass up. :smith:

I set 'em up, you knock 'em down. Teamwork, baby

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carebearz posted:

Don't play with randoms then?

That's kinda the fun of the game because you don't know how people play, people I've been grouping up with for the most part don't deviate from their set playstyles so the game becomes dull quickly.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Lastdancer posted:

How did Duster take it

Pretty well honestly. There was a pretty lucky chain of events that even allowed the possibility in the first place.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's kinda the fun of the game because you don't know how people play, people I've been grouping up with for the most part don't deviate from their set playstyles so the game becomes dull quickly.

I have quickly found grouping with 1/2 friends is where the game is at it's most enjoyable for the most part. The random element of other people adds to the game, but if you are awash in a sea of pubbies it's quick to get frustrated.

"Where are you going with the battery? Hello? Do you have a mic?"

"...of course not. Why did I ask."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Carebearz posted:

I'll ask again, how? what am I missing here

He can't feed his 12 year old urges of griefing people so hes mad.

• Locked thread