Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

If anyone is wondering the schools that offered him are Mississippi St (signed), LSU, Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cal, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon State, TCU, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

Rivals has visits listed at Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and LSU.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah it could be bad for a lot of schools, and I don't doubt that with a few exceptions the SEC has the best bag men. There is nothing to stop them from going down the list asking school by school who offered money to play.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You mean that players are bribed under the table at reputable institutions? I for one am absolutely shocked

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
LOL if the Mississippi schools bring it all down. Of course they're too stupid to cheat right.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Neil Armbong posted:

LOL if the Mississippi schools bring it all down. Of course they're too stupid to cheat right.

The Mississippi schools are the Serbia of the SEC. They suck, but they could also bring the whole thing down 1914-style.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It seems like it is always the jilted sports stores. Thats who got Manzell and Gurley both on impermissible benefits. Dudes can't just make their few dollars and call it good.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KKKLIP ART posted:

It seems like it is always the jilted sports stores. Thats who got Manzell and Gurley both on impermissible benefits. Dudes can't just make their few dollars and call it good.

lol remember when the NCAA pretended to believe that reigning Heisman winner Johnny Manziel sat down and spent hours signing items for a professional autograph dealer to sell, and received nothing in return

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah it could be bad for a lot of schools, and I don't doubt that with a few exceptions the SEC has the best bag men. There is nothing to stop them from going down the list asking school by school who offered money to play.

We won't be implicated, then. We either literally don't have bag men or they're the cheapest motherfuckers alive.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

RumbleFish posted:

We won't be implicated, then. We either literally don't have bag men or they're the cheapest motherfuckers alive.

You guys had like 5 straight top 20 classes under Spurdog, something was going on down there.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 13, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

You guys had like 5 straight top 20 classes under Spurdog, something was going on down there.

Every school pays, it is just a matter of how much. In Last Chance U, one of those poo poo,-bottom tier FBS schools cut off a request from a potential transfer stating they comply with all NCAA bylaws and it was clear that the dude was going to be asked for some cash to come to play ball.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Spurrier's name and persona really helped at first, and then the state of SC had some excellent talent for a couple years. But that well ran dry and then Spurrier stopped caring (and I guess kids stopped caring about him, too). We've been recruiting at a consistently decent level for a while now, sure, but we've never had a mind-blowing, Ole Miss kind of class. 2007 is the biggest one we've ever had and I think it was just barely a top-10 class nationally -- which is still very good, especially for us, but has not happened before or since.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The well didn't run dry.

Dabo's jesus power overdid Spurrier's old drunk grandpa routine.

My uncle does some scouting for clemson in spartanburg. it's one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The well didn't run dry.

Dabo's jesus power overdid Spurrier's old drunk grandpa routine.

My uncle does some scouting for clemson in spartanburg. it's one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

Dabo obviously didn't help matters, but Clemson gets a lot of talent from out of state -- they haven't been as hyper-local as us, at least not for some time. Most of their biggest stars (Boyd, Watkins, Watson, Spiller, etc.) have been dudes from Florida or Virginia or Georgia. SC in general has been in a bit of a "down" period for high school football talent, though obviously even if there are only a handful of elite guys, Clemson can get them all now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Doesn't Clemson also raid Tennessee basically whenever

I mean who doesn't but still

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Clemson looking for a competitive rival? FSU might have a slot available.

(You'll always be number 2, at best, behind the Gators, though. Sorry about that.)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

whiteyfats posted:

(You'll always be number 2, at best, behind the Gators, though. Sorry about that.)

https://www.facebook.com/james.k.higgins.9/videos/10102921942167024/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's true.

Hopefully Richt will make them better.

Or Richt is throwing gang signs, whatever.

Also, this dude owns. "I don't want a see a Gator succeed in nothing in life."

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 14, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol remember when the NCAA pretended to believe that reigning Heisman winner Johnny Manziel sat down and spent hours signing items for a professional autograph dealer to sell, and received nothing in return

Hey now, cocaine is a hell of a drug

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

Clemson/SC will always be their biggest rivalry and it's low key one of the biggest college football rivalries in the country.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/kent-state-ol-tyler-heintz-dies-workout-013753310.html

Kent State freshman OL died during summer workouts. No known cause of death as of yet. :smith: but it's looking like unknown heart issue... :smith:

If I remember correctly, a MAC OL died from a heart issue a few years back too but drat that's depressing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spintzel posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/kent-state-ol-tyler-heintz-dies-workout-013753310.html

Kent State freshman OL died during summer workouts. No known cause of death as of yet. :smith: but it's looking like unknown heart issue... :smith:

If I remember correctly, a MAC OL died from a heart issue a few years back too but drat that's depressing

There is a push to start including echocardiograms for high school physicals. I understand how many people that is and how difficult it would be to implement, but a D1 team could easily afford to do this.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Spintzel posted:

Bitsko

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Can't win

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Raku posted:

Doesn't Clemson also raid Tennessee basically whenever

I mean who doesn't but still

Butch does all our evals for us

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBScoop posted:

Anne Ryman is reporting that ASU will not extend Todd Grahams contract by one year, as it had done in years past (had been extended in 13, 14, 15 & 16). This means Graham will have three years left on his contract after this season.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

lamentable dustman posted:

Butch does all our evals for us

hey man

shut up

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Might be time to start looking for the next "dream job".

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

korrandark posted:

Might be time to start looking for the next "dream job".

or somewhere else his wife has family!

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lincoln Riley getting the band back together. Ruffin McNeill to OU as Assistant HC/Co-DL coach

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Lincoln Riley getting the band back together. Ruffin McNeill to OU as Assistant HC/Co-DL coach

Does Ruffin still look like Grimace or has he lost some weight?

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I'm surprised Graham has stayed put there as long as he has.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wanvig posted:

Don't worry, that one ASU fan will be in any second to tell us all how dedicated Graham is to the university.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Grittybeard posted:

Don't worry, that one ASU fan will be in any second to tell us all how dedicated Graham is to the university.
That's what every fanbase of a school he coached at said shortly before he left.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Wanvig posted:

I think his best chance to leave was when mike norvell left and jaelen strong got drafted. He's had unfortunate QB injuries, hasn't seen a QB through to their senior season, and his defense hasn't been consistent at all since.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

This is a smart move. Esp after their time together at ECU. That should alleviate some of his never been a head coach and is 33 concerns with a sage guy like McNeill to help him out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Incoherence posted:

That's what every fanbase of a school he coached at said shortly before he left.

Does anyone else at a similar level even want him though? I'm not sure he really has the opportunity to jump after the last couple seasons. This seems much more like ASU being ready to move on if they have another crappy season, not him being on the verge of jumping ship again.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 15, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Graham's been at ASU for like 6-7 years now and losing Norvell hurt a lot. Last year he finished losing 6 straight and got murdered by Arizona. I'm guessing the lack of extension is basically telling him he's on a short leash and has 2 years at most to right the ship.

It's hard to tell how hot a name he'd be if ASU tossed him. He'd likely get picked up somewhere but I can't see him having that high a profile.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Looks like he has slimmed down a ton. RIP fat ruffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This is a smart move. Esp after their time together at ECU. That should alleviate some of his never been a head coach and is 33 concerns with a sage guy like McNeill to help him out.

Reminder that ECU had Oklahoma's coaching staff two years ago and pissed it away because ECU thought Duke's offensive coordinator was the next Tom Herman.

• Locked thread