Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

If Okada is considered the best wrestler in the world right now does that make Omega #2?

That's where I'd rank the two of them, with AJ Styles at #3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kushida and hiromu are better than styles

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Super No Vacancy posted:

Naito?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Naito is really good but I think he's just a step behind Styles right now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I don't think I could say this. Maybe at this moment they are but over all. You can't hold a candle to how consistently good AJ has been nearly his entire career in ring wise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Neville deserves to at least be in the conversation for that top 5 imo.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I think there is some consensus as to who is in the top 3, after that it gets tough. Like Ishii to me is probably top 5 but I can see him not being there too (but not far off).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

I don't think I could say this. Maybe at this moment they are but over all. You can't hold a candle to how consistently good AJ has been nearly his entire career in ring wise.

Kushida has been great for years and years.

Mistico and Dragon Lee both deserve to be in the discussion for the best in the world too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

styles is an incredible wrestler but in more of a hmmm sterile way. like you look at him and you go wow this guy is a really fuckin great wrestler. look how good he is. he's even pretty good on the mic. kushida is the best babyface in the world and when somebody rips his arm off while you are appreciating that it makes you sad and mad and you want him to win a lot and when he does win youre like i love kushida and pro wrestling

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Kushida has been great for years and years.

Mistico and Dragon Lee both deserve to be in the discussion for the best in the world too.

Oh I know, I feel like he has really hit his stride in the last 3 years or so. I just know that AJ is probably one of the most influential dudes around.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

noticing that aj styles was really good was cool back when he was in tna. now it's basic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To Be fair to Styles Kushida, Naito, and Hiromu don't have to wrestler or lose to Jinder

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fair

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Although watch Okada pull like 3 Stars out of Yoshi Tatsu if Yoshi ends up in the G1

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Kizuna Road shows featuring three title matches don't happen for a week but there's a Lion's Gate show tomorrow that's on World. If you've never seen BJW young boy Takuya Nomura before you should definitely rectify that.

Lion's Gate PROJECT 6
June 15th at 6:00 AM EDT/11:00 BST
Shinjuku FACE

Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. El Desperado
Syota Umino and Hirai Kawato vs. Jado and Gedo
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Tiger Mask IV vs. Takuya Nomura (BJW) and Dinosaur Takuma (K-DOJO)
Manabu Nakanishi vs. Katsuya Kitamura
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW)
YujI Nagata and Tomoyuki Ota vs. Satoshi Kojima and Ayato Yoshida (K-DOJO)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 15, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: ******1/4 for Okada/Omega II

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Hail Satan

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Although watch Okada pull like 3 Stars out of Yoshi Tatsu if Yoshi ends up in the G1

We'll see if he can Drag Cody to a 3 star match first

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

JamMasterJim posted:

We'll see if he can Drag Cody to a 3 star match first

Huh. Dave gave Stardust vs. Zayn **1/2 stars, which feels really generous. I can't picture Cody/Okada doing ****, but who knows.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

**** for Bucks/Vice
**** 1/2 for Tana/Naito
**** 3/4 for KUSHIDA/Hiromu (the actual MOTN imo)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

loving amazing :allears:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

achillesforever6 posted:

What is the rest of the card?

Edit: i should've refreshed before posting

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeesh save some stars for Okada/Omega 3!

Also the rest of the ratings feel just right. I'm especially happy for Kushida cause he had a great run in Super Juniors and here

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dave trolling with stars is great.

Glad that tag match got some recognition because it was the best junior tag in awhile.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually really surprised we didn't get a double or triple 5 star+. If any night could've had it...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Okada vs. Omega basically broke the bank on superlatives, if the first match was one of the few ****** matches in history, this may have been the first Milky Way Galaxy match.

Yeah Dave is just loving with us now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I actually wonder if he'd rerate some of the Flair/Steamboat and Misawa/Kobashi higher these days

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm actually more shocked to hear Dave write that Omega/Okada is (right now at least) ahead of where Flair/Steamboat was at a comparable point in their program.

I'm pretty sure Meltzer was at one of those televised Flair/Steamboat matches and is shown on camera completely losing his mind at how great it was, too :3:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wish I'd gotten on the train back in January after WK11, but I'm glad I got on now. It feels like Okada is doing something really, really special right now and obviously Omega and the rest of his opponents are all a huge part of that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I actually wonder if he'd rerate some of the Flair/Steamboat and Misawa/Kobashi higher these days

He's said they wouldn't for obvious reasons. You can't rate things out of context, although he did go back to Misawa/Kobashi and try to see how it compares in its own context.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fan poll for Dominion in the observer is funny as it has 579 Thumbs up and 1 Thumb in the middle :smuggo:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

VJeff posted:

I wish I'd gotten on the train back in January after WK11, but I'm glad I got on now. It feels like Okada is doing something really, really special right now and obviously Omega and the rest of his opponents are all a huge part of that.

:getin:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

We need to discuss something lost in the shuffle after so many great Dominion matches — YOSHI-HASHI is going to wreck Suzuki, restore CHAOS's honor, and finally get a belt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope Dave unironically gives Okada/Omega 3 a million billion stars and completely breaks the scale, to where it's a big deal when he only gives a match 70 million stars in the future.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

I'm actually more shocked to hear Dave write that Omega/Okada is (right now at least) ahead of where Flair/Steamboat was at a comparable point in their program.

I'm pretty sure Meltzer was at one of those televised Flair/Steamboat matches and is shown on camera completely losing his mind at how great it was, too :3:

Dave rated this Flair-Steamboat house show match 6 stars that he saw in person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub6efQnQwgo

Dave overrates things he sees in person

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We need to discuss something lost in the shuffle after so many great Dominion matches — YOSHI-HASHI is going to wreck Suzuki, restore CHAOS's honor, and finally get a belt.

I really hope this happens, as YOSHI-HASHI was getting a fun lil' push last year that seems to have been sidelined; it'd be awesome to see him finally have something to do and would certainly be a breath of fresh air for the NEVER belt (Goto never did anything for me as the champ, and Suzuki doesn't need it).

I basically want the NEVER title to be the "King of the Midcard" belt instead of the "Beat the poo poo Outta You" title. though it's fine if that's still a part of it going forward :getin:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Has New Japan shown interest into Jeff Cobb or is he stuck because of Lucha Underground fuckery? I'm imagining him in the G1 or anything and it would be so great.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

His LU contract should allow him to work new japan but I don't think there's been any reported interest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Riddle facing Ishii could lead to Riddle getting some work for New Japan though that could be a bad idea for Riddle due to Japan's weed laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Has New Japan shown interest into Jeff Cobb or is he stuck because of Lucha Underground fuckery? I'm imagining him in the G1 or anything and it would be so great.

Lucha politics make it very unlikely even if they weren't overflowing with foreign talent.

• Locked thread