Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Jesus Christ, is NRS making Marvel 4?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

He also tried to argue that t7 isn't good because it didn't add much since it's last entry tekken 6 (??? TTT2?) , and even bought season 2 of sf5 instead of Guilty gear rev 2, even after basically hating sf5 season 1 and me more or less hinting over and over that GG is fun and approachable, has a better tutorial than sf5 etc.

What did/does 5 offer over 4 then?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

soooooo what happened to that super street fighter v reveal we were getting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cat Machine posted:

soooooo what happened to that super street fighter v reveal we were getting

Rumor was for a post cpt2017 announce. Like when season 2 was revealed last year

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Vanish - Move instantly behind your opponent and land an attack (uses 1 gauge)

I will forever call this Zwee-fighting.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Are there not any Marvel, guilty gear, t7 threads?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Jedah is the only interesting addition to this game at all as far as new characters go. Maybe Hunter assuming it's a Monster Hunter guy. Marvel going absolute milquetoast sucks rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

We Know Catheters posted:

Are there not any Marvel, guilty gear, t7 threads?

No active marvel thread, i think it had an announcement thread nobody posted in. Gg chat in airdash thread. T7 has a thread

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why are people saying MvC I will be bad, just the graphics? I havent seen any videos or anything so I have no clue

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Madcosby posted:

Why are people saying MvC I will be bad, just the graphics? I havent seen any videos or anything so I have no clue

very little effort and they're going dlc crazy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Madcosby posted:

Do you have ps4 the demo is god awful

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Madcosby posted:

Things that make people sweat.

Announcing dlc characters for your game that isnt out yet.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Madcosby posted:

Because capcom is making it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A.o.D. posted:

I will forever call this Zwee-fighting.

Same, but the real Zwee master knows not to land any blows so that the Zwee is uninterrupted.

Also to prevent the Taiwanese animation crew to butcher the scene.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im the eyebrow clipping into her head

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Madcosby posted:

for a real answer:
capcom, after sf4, hasn't had a stellar track record. both sfxt and sfv did not live up to the promises. in general, capcom has lied their rear end off and gotten away with it since sf4 (when S-Kill still worked for them). several lies include:
balance updates focusing on buffing characters. they have stated this promise several times and most balance patches involve global nerfs.
they promised a robust story mode for mvc3. mvc3 launched with no story mode.
the entirety of sfxt's launch cycle was a PR mess. s-kill clearly overpromised poo poo he did not understand. there were updates to the in development game he was not aware of while showing the game off. they literally put in features and did not tell him about them.
gems would not be pay-to-win (they were)
sfv's dlc release cycle was promised in monthly updates, we did not see monthly updates
they said the input lag built into sfv was intentional, and also not intentional at the same time. it has not been fixed.

those are just the lies capcom has stated off the top of my head. there are more.

in addition, both with the release of sfxt and sfv, it's clear they have no intention of making good games. pro players brushed off sfxt being bad because sf4 was still popular. currently, many top players openly poo poo on sfv being a bad game. you can debate how bad it is as a competitive game, but it's not that interesting. they said it would have an "esports focus' and "focus on new players" at the same time, the game managed to accomplish neither (horrible sales, launched with no real single player content, predatory dlc by making color unlocks paid). top players actively had trouble unlocking these colors which were gated behind the only single player content in the game beyond the brief little character snippets. a bad player had zero chance of completing the only single player content in the game.

in sfv, they installed a loving ROOT KIT ON YOUR COMPUTER and just kinda went oops.

their first major ban wave wasn't to punish people who deliberately left games to inflate rank, which was a problem because they had a horrible leave detection system, but to punish players for bypassing the unfun single player survival mode just to unlock colors. they were more upset that people were trying to get content that was in the game that top level players couldn't even unlock because it was going to be potential dlc.

ken's face.

now, imagine the salt when capcom announces a
dlc oriented game
with less characters than the previous game, an entire subset of which happened to be a core part of the entire franchise and the literal foundation of it.
most of the characters in the game are copy and pasted from the previous game, meaning you get less content for more money
abandons the most interesting part of marvel (the 3v3 system)
the graphics look awful

all of these are repeat problems we can detect from the outset. these are things we can see with our own eyes without the game being out. we watched someone totally wasted get behind the wheel of a car, crash it, and suddenly people are defending the dude when he turns the key after downing a handle of smirnoff.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 15, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
short answer..

because capcom makes poo poo like this now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
My personal 'favorite' lovely fighting game thing capcom has done is that regular MVC3 had a DLC mode where you could pay money to unlock ghost AI data that had some kind of gimmick or was apparently based on a developers playstyle or something, and if you won you got an exclusive title.

This entire mode just doesn't exist in UMVC3 (which carried over the other DLC the original game had, costumes for a couple characters and shuma/jill) for some reason, you can get the titles by just playing online mode (which is a way better idea) but anyone dumb enough to spend money on this just got their money straight up robbed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Everytime I see MVCI chun I get so sad.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Would smash

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Woshige made sfv poo poo so more people would play xrd

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

interrodactyl posted:

Woshige made sfv poo poo so more people would play xrd

That definitely worked on me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

james chen got really upset during the last tuesday chat thing. he was visibly frustrated when ultradavid was talking about how bad the art and everything looked, and then went on a 10 minute rant about how he was being the most reasonable and middle of the road.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

[SHILLING INTENSIFIES]

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Booyah- posted:

james chen got really upset during the last tuesday chat thing. he was visibly frustrated when ultradavid was talking about how bad the art and everything looked, and then went on a 10 minute rant about how he was being the most reasonable and middle of the road.
please link this if possible

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

please link this if possible

I can't link good clips, but here is a clip beginning of facepalming stuff https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151710124?t=01h10m40s

e: plenty of stuff comes from before this point too, its an undertext to everything

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pictured: what you can buy for a nickle and still get change back

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
nobody is paying me !

tweet sent from vip room in private showing for a game that my livelihood depends on

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Also sent simultaneously nearly word for word by at least 6 other people who are very likely being paid.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Release your tax returns JWong

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i wouldnt be surprised if pro players dont report their income properly lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/Waasiq/status/875211736051204098

OUCH!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Looks like the new capcom talking point is how "creative" you can be in mvci

If theres any truth to that all i hear is "this game will be broken wide open in 3 days and we wont patch anything for 6 months at best"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Looks like the new capcom talking point is how "creative" you can be in mvci

If theres any truth to that all i hear is "this game will be broken wide open in 3 days and we wont patch anything for 6 months at best"

creative=time stone is custom combos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Didn't they also mention you could be hella creative with mvc3 as well?