Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

zoux posted:

I was, but what game was he talking about?

Whoops. I was talking about Bit Heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Synthbuttrange posted:

ugh I really hate how the stinginess of the currency in Zombie Gunship Survival rivals that of CoC.

yet I cant stop. Seriously considering it when I got a rare crate and they said it'd take 8 hours to open though laffo.

Yeah the gameplay is fun enough that I don't mind the stinginess. If I was going to play for more an 15m at a time or something though, I'd probably drop it.

Hope the developer tweak it, but as it stands, this is a fun couple of hours for free.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

RatHat posted:

Any advice for stat distribution in Infinity Blade? I've just been putting all my points in Health and Attack since Shield and Magic don't seem very good.
You're on the right track but I really hope you did negative bloodlines off the bat.

Attack is king. Health is good but can be mitigated by having healing magic. Shield is basically worthless.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kenny Logins posted:

You're on the right track but I really hope you did negative bloodlines off the bat.

Why?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
They cut down on the overall grinding by an awful lot, and I think you can only do them on a fresh file. It's been a few years but it's definitely recommended to do them.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Costco's website is running sales on iTunes gift cards. The most savings is the $200 card for $164.99. Email delivery but it's restricted to members only.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kenny Logins posted:

They cut down on the overall grinding by an awful lot, and I think you can only do them on a fresh file. It's been a few years but it's definitely recommended to do them.

Alright, guess I'll start over then. I wasn't very far anyway.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

RatHat posted:

Alright, guess I'll start over then. I wasn't very far anyway.
It shouldn't be hard to find articles online that give a bit more detail on how do do it and how it works but it will save you a lot of time in the long run.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Is there like an endgame to Bit Heroes? Or is it just a slow gear grind into nothingness? Right now I'm just leveling up so I can progress more into Zone 2 and it's pretty much just having high level guildies auto me through heroic Zone 1 dungeons.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

A bit of health so you can take a hit. Magic scales pretty fast (especially heal), so a small amount is cool. Then everything into attack.

Banana_Boy
Jul 14, 2003
For those of you that hate yourself, we have a guild
Up for the beta of Chaos Battle League. It's in beta,
Only avail in a few countries.

It's a massive Clash Royale ripoff with a few twists. Come bang your head against a wall with us.

Search Salty Goons. Request to join, say something goony

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Whats the name of that clicker thats disguised as a planetary colonization game?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spaceplan?

SPACEPLAN by Devolver Digital
https://appsto.re/us/Q07Khb.i

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

chess.com posted:

The reason that some iOS devices are unable to connect to live chess games is because of a limit in 32bit devices which cannot handle gameIDs above 2,147,483,647. So, literally, once we hit more than 2 billion games, older iOS devices fail to interpret that number! This was obviously an unforeseen bug that was nearly impossible to anticipate and we apologize for the frustration.
🤔

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/impossible-de-jouer-depuis-deux-jours-quel-est-le-probleme

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

We need a vga planets app

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure how I feel about the limited dodges in Infinity Blade 2. I guess it's to get you to block and parry more?

Also heavy weapons are for people who put a lot of points into the Shield stat right?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

RatHat posted:

Not sure how I feel about the limited dodges in Infinity Blade 2. I guess it's to get you to block and parry more?

Also heavy weapons are for people who put a lot of points into the Shield stat right?
Here's what I said a million years ago up thread about IB2:

quote:

Thirdly, Infinity Blade 2 I am still currently playing. It is deeper than the first with 3 styles and the ability to socket gems into your equipment. Negative bloodlines are much more difficult and to be played later which makes sense from a balance perspective, compared to the first.

I find the dual style is my favorite and is probably the easiest. A simple but effective strategy is to sink all of your level-up/gear mastery points into attack. You get gems to increase your magic and health, and the only magic you'll ever end up using is the highest level Heal you can access. Heal scales very well against your level/hit points if you only ever improve attack, and so magic doesn't need any points for Heal to be effective.

Do your best to master equipment from the cheapest to most expensive, because mastering lovely gear kind of sucks at higher levels, and stick to dual weapons but still master the odd light/heavy drops you get. Or pick the style you like best and think likewise.

If you look up online you can find out how to (relatively easily) create a hex gem that gives you +1000XP per strike which removes some of the grind of mastering gear. You'll also find how to create a spectrum defense gem on the way to that, which removes the annoyance of elemental DPS horseshit from enemy strikes.

Overall IB2 does still have an end to content (though it has updated with more in the past and may still yet) but it's better paced than the first game.
Dual is great and you should get good at parrying so you can just max Attack all day all night.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Spaceplan?

SPACEPLAN by Devolver Digital
https://appsto.re/us/Q07Khb.i

Thanks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kenny Logins posted:

Here's what I said a million years ago up thread about IB2:

Dual is great and you should get good at parrying so you can just max Attack all day all night.

Yeah they're pretty ridiculous. Need to get used to the duck though.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have to say, Realm Grinder has given me a lot more entertainment than I expected.

I am at R3 now - I have been using Titans or Angels and after my gems start stockpiling Angels kick butt after prioritizing my autocasts. But at the beginning of each reincarnation it is slow, which I guess is the point - does anyone have suggestions about which factions are best when you are low on gems?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Fairy is a solid start, Elves too once you have the 15 auto click upgrade. Goblins once you have enough gems for the Coin spell to pay off and fill out the heritage things. I like Faceless for some of the mid-tier abdications, although it does shamefully require Actually Clicking.

I've stalled out around R12 after a really speedy R8-10ish. I have a merc build that does alright when I'm online, but offline it doesn't count things up the same. Still going to take a few days to hit the next one.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
In the early game I always take elves, once I have all the faction upgrades I do something else for 10 minutes then come back and buy heritages & royal exchanges. At R8 you get bloodlines, the elven one turns that start into a minute or two to get the heritages and you'll start being able to buy a couple hundred excavations early game without worrying about it.

e: I slowed down a bit in R12, I think you get a new spell at R14 that speeds things up. I found the only build I needed was the blacksmith-focused build with fairy chanting and diamond pickaxe.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 14, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Has anyone tried out Titanfall Assault?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

E: nvm

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 15, 2017

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Art of Conquest seems like a better version of Clash of Clans? I'm not super across the PvP elements yet but there's a solid feeling battle mode.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have a Realm Grinder issue.

I unlocked Mercs and I can't get Mercenary Magic Contract to work at all. It brings up the spell selection window but I can't select any of them. I can collapse each section (good, evil etc) and can long press for info but I can't actually select them to use.

Any chance anyone knows what I am doing wrong? Google isn't helping.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

rio posted:

I have a Realm Grinder issue.

I unlocked Mercs and I can't get Mercenary Magic Contract to work at all. It brings up the spell selection window but I can't select any of them. I can collapse each section (good, evil etc) and can long press for info but I can't actually select them to use.

Any chance anyone knows what I am doing wrong? Google isn't helping.

Do you have the gold/coins to select the spell? The spells have a price to select.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Enigma posted:

Do you have the gold/coins to select the spell? The spells have a price to select.

That might have been it - it didn't have any gold or coins listed for spells, only for skills. After selecting some other stuff it ended up working.

Related, I chose the elf spell with the moon - are there any better options? I need to start looking up merc builds because I am just kind of cobbling this one together selecting production bonus skills and mana regen skills using the elf spell.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
The price is on the spell itself. It varies by spell, because the coin type varies by spell.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

rio posted:

That might have been it - it didn't have any gold or coins listed for spells, only for skills. After selecting some other stuff it ended up working.

Related, I chose the elf spell with the moon - are there any better options? I need to start looking up merc builds because I am just kind of cobbling this one together selecting production bonus skills and mana regen skills using the elf spell.

Long press the spell to see the cost. There's a wiki for the game, but it's geared for folks on the web client. Most merc builds pick a common set of choices (everyone takes Strong Currency and Building Jungle), kinda wish I'd spent more time stumbling through my own bad builds.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

Long press the spell to see the cost. There's a wiki for the game, but it's geared for folks on the web client. Most merc builds pick a common set of choices (everyone takes Strong Currency and Building Jungle), kinda wish I'd spent more time stumbling through my own bad builds.

This is 100% true. As long as you're aware of certain big multiplier choices like strong currency, you can futz around and have a good time and still make progress. It also helps you develop an eye for what is good vs what just looks good which is helpful later too.

If you want a build that will just get you to the next milestone there are two builds that everyone uses if they just want to get through merc phase. The lightning strike based one has you wait for lightning strike to hit the right building then unload all your spells, it's stronger but I don't like it for mobile because I don't use realm weather service to predict LS. The other one basically uses the fairy and dwarf racial spells to get large gains from bosting your blacksmith production, it's a more steady build but waiting to accumulate 4k mana at 30/second is annoying. You can find both of these on the wiki and once you save a loadout you like it's very quick to start a new run. Or you can use the concept and try your own builds around the ideas. I will say they both go neutral so they can use the stone pillars upgrade for more mana capacity.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Coq au Nandos posted:

Art of Conquest seems like a better version of Clash of Clans? I'm not super across the PvP elements yet but there's a solid feeling battle mode.

i was confused by the progression system, which seems to require joining a top 50 guild in order to move to a new location. if you're not lucky enough to get in on that, everything becomes excruciatingly slow

if some way for independent players and small guilds to scale power is introduced, it'll be a great game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
I beat monument valley 2. While it was very impressive with its set pieces, clever level design, and mood...it was way too easy this time. It was more of a walking simulator than a puzzle game. If you liked the first, go ahead and get it for $5. Otherwise wait for the inevitable GOTY or Editors choice sales.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Venuz Patrol posted:

i was confused by the progression system, which seems to require joining a top 50 guild in order to move to a new location. if you're not lucky enough to get in on that, everything becomes excruciatingly slow

if some way for independent players and small guilds to scale power is introduced, it'll be a great game

A few more days into Art of Conquest and it's legit great.

Battles are real time with a pause beforehand to set up your troops on a grid. There are active powers you can trigger to cause effects on the field, like healing or AOE attacks or even creating a giant ice wall. In the above shot, I'm setting up a disproportionately large army to fight some dwarves.

There's also a world map layer, where five kingdoms (factions) comprised of a number of guilds (guilds, clans, etc) occupy, attack and defend cities, which in turn control the allegiance of the surrounding territory. The game's so popular already that they've got something like 25 different servers running.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh gently caress I made a game! It's pretty basic, but I had fun making it. You put together a band and go on one last tour, in search of fame. But you're probably more likely to go insane or get eaten by a bear. Just like in real life!

Check it out on your next poo poo break.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-last-tour-road-to-ruin/id1185488434?ls=1&mt=8

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Disco De Soto posted:

Oh gently caress I made a game! It's pretty basic, but I had fun making it. You put together a band and go on one last tour, in search of fame. But you're probably more likely to go insane or get eaten by a bear. Just like in real life!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-last-tour-road-to-ruin/id1185488434?ls=1&mt=8

I will check this out. Do you happen to remember or are you even inspired by "A Rockstar ate my hamster" on Amiga500? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Star_Ate_My_Hamster

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Read there were no keytars. No sale.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Disco De Soto posted:

Picked this up, please ear mark my .99 towards the purchase of a beer

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Coq au Nandos posted:

Battles are real time with a pause beforehand to set up your troops on a grid. There are active powers you can trigger to cause effects on the field, like healing or AOE attacks or even creating a giant ice wall. In the above shot, I'm setting up a disproportionately large army to fight some dwarves.

There's also a world map layer, where five kingdoms (factions) comprised of a number of guilds (guilds, clans, etc) occupy, attack and defend cities, which in turn control the allegiance of the surrounding territory. The game's so popular already that they've got something like 25 different servers running.

I am loving this game as well, but cannot progress until I join a house that rules a city? That part kind of sucks. I love the battles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Coq au Nandos posted:

Yeah I've been enjoying it as well. It's a note-for-note copy of HoMM3, with microtransactions added, but it's fairly well done so far.