Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the music definitely put it over the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It worked so well for me. This series is all about the fass, and if you aren't rooting for him to kill everyone then hmm

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

david is the best part of the movies (and if this wasn't connected to alien at all it'd way way way way stronger) but that whole sequence is loving awful.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

I've heard from everyone I know who saw this that when the mini-alien pops out there was always laughter at every showing.

Yep. First thing my friend mentioned after I saw it was people laughing at Jazz Hands, and I had the same experience.

It's not surprising because the movie is so extremely up its own rear end that when that happens, or in Prometheus when the zombie stoner shows up, people are going to laugh because it kills the paper thin tension to have a wacky cartoon show up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i dunno why they thought making that guy into a zombie was a good idea. it looked dumb, it was a dumb concept, and it was much more horrifying when you thought his head got turned into a gross liquid mess fusing with his helmet.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Moral of the Wonder Woman: Even if you can't fight concepts like war, drugs, and poverty because of the human condition, don't shoot lightning at wonder woman or it'll bounce off of her and stick to you friendship honesty and good will towards men.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I feel like the moral of wonder woman is "just believe in something and do it, Don't worry about 'deserve'" is a good one because when the themes from this one carry over into the sequel it will make our protagonist Adolf Hitler.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Moral of the Wonder Woman: The only moral chemical weapon attacks against civilians are my chemical weapon attacks against civilians.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Look we were 24 hours from ending the war it would have been massively irresponsible not to order all those advances.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The worst film in the world (space cop???) has more artistic merit than the best game

This is true for every single videogame except Metal Gear solid 3

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"Hi Jay how did you like Snake Eater"

*jay makes a distasteful face*

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Baronjutter posted:

I've heard from everyone I know who saw this that when the mini-alien pops out there was always laughter at every showing.

When I saw it the two guys beside me completely lost it for the entire scene where evil Fassbender was, uh, fingering for good Fassbender.

One of them literally had to step outside because they couldn't stop laughing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

When I saw it the two guys beside me completely lost it for the entire scene where evil Fassbender was, uh, fingering for good Fassbender.

This was the entire cinema when I saw it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

This is true for every single videogame except Metal Gear solid 3

The Hell scene from Plinkett's TFA review is what would've happened if Disney had waited another week to release it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

Moral of the Wonder Woman: The only moral chemical weapon attacks against civilians are my chemical weapon attacks against civilians.

Pretty much. It's really hosed the more you think about it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

vermin posted:

Moral of the Wonder Woman: Even if you can't fight concepts like war, drugs, and poverty because of the human condition, don't shoot lightning at wonder woman or it'll bounce off of her and stick to you friendship honesty and good will towards men.

Man, the first 3/4 or so of Wonder Woman is great, but why does every superhero movie have to end with two invincible people bouncing off each other like pinballs for twenty minutes?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Entropic posted:

Man, the first 3/4 or so of Wonder Woman is great, but why does every superhero movie have to end with two invincible people bouncing off each other like pinballs for twenty minutes?

That's tension right. That's how tension works???

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Wonder Woman had a bad ending.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It most mostly a real good movie but I'm still laughing that ARES THE GOD OF WAR has the moustache of an english teacher.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

That picture of Rich will be engraved on his tombstone.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

it looked very very very very loving fake.

wat

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why does the alien drool so loving much? How does that make it the perfect organism?
Also:
"Best guess for this image: luxury vehicle"

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I love Alien.

I think if I made a movie that was a complex rape metaphor played out with pure cinematic imagery, I probably wouldn't also have an actual, literal rape in it earlier to confuse the metaphor.

It's like calling a ship Hammerhead to express that it can ram things, and also having that ship commanded by fishes.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Baronjutter posted:

Why does the alien drool so loving much?

It's an allegory of pre-cum.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's Neill's weird poo poo. It's like X-Com 2 the movie but more horrific and the aliens are winning harder. You have pink mist, brain surgery, head cutting and a thoroughly hosed up world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

RedSpider posted:

It's an allegory of pre-cum.

Ahahaha. This could be true. gently caress.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

Why does the alien drool so loving much?

Sigourney in itty bitty future panties.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oohhboy posted:

Here's Neill's weird poo poo. It's like X-Com 2 the movie but more horrific and the aliens are winning harder. You have pink mist, brain surgery, head cutting and a thoroughly hosed up world.

Amazing.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

oohhboy posted:

it's beyond shameful how Blomkamp has been reduced to making incoherent trash like this for a thousand dollars

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Alien 3 Assembly Cut is a fairly decent film which is surprising considering how insane the production woes on the project were. For all the bad you can say about Alien 3, it is a surprisingly beautiful movie., and dodgy CGI aside, the puppetry and suit work for the Alien itself is fantastic. and I consider the best in the franchise. Stan Winston's Queen is incredible, but for an individual bug the 3 Alien is my favourite.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Alien 3 Assembly Cut is a fairly decent film which is surprising considering how insane the production woes on the project were. For all the bad you can say about Alien 3, it is a surprisingly beautiful movie., and dodgy CGI aside, the puppetry and suit work for the Alien itself is fantastic. and I consider the best in the franchise. Stan Winston's Queen is incredible, but for an individual bug the 3 Alien is my favourite.

Nice troll, source your quotes etc etc...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Best movie xenomorph is the Spaceballs one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RedSpider posted:

it's beyond shameful how Blomkamp has been reduced to making incoherent trash like this for a thousand dollars

Is it though???
Did you see Chappie??

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
The practical effects in the Alien movies are better than CGI.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The CGI in the later Alien movies looks bad on purpose. You have to understand that to be able to read those movies correctly.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Uh oh they're talking about us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgq3k2qCZgg

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
mike just said "something awful", im gonna cum

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

canned from the band posted:

mike just said "something awful", im gonna cum

Me, personally, I clapped when he said it.

e: Haha, actual joy spotted on Mike's face at the end when he makes Jay laugh.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
drat I think that one slightly blew my mind, if somehow these hack frauds DID have some influence on this dumb creepy mythos, then that would change everything!

• Locked thread