Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Holy poo poo that's a bad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Holy poo poo that's a bad design.

The arms are a little much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There is an Injustice 2 exhibition tournament at E3 tomorrow: https://blog.twitch.tv/watch-the-twitch-esports-arena-presented-by-t-mobile-at-e3-4019ec68a003

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Scorpion is looking kinda blue. Maybe he just needs a hug

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

I main Sub in every MK I play and this honestly just makes me wish he had these moves in MKX. Goddamn.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

the ice clone does not function properly

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

So what's his character power? Ice clone? Normally I would say otherwise but then he dropped two and a row and it didn't look like it was meter burned.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Nice job sneaking in a fatality for Subby.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm really excited to play dress up with SubZero

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is red hood up?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sub-Zero gonna be a top-5 guy instantly. lmfao poor loving Captain Cold who looks even worse now, goddamn

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay so I had no problems getting Red Hood yesterday and the DLC silhouettes were visible. Now today Red Hood and the silhouettes are gone. However, I went into Red Hood's Multiverse event and was able to play as him when I used the random selection option. What should I do to fix this?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Okay so I had no problems getting Red Hood yesterday and the DLC silhouettes were visible. Now today Red Hood and the silhouettes are gone. However, I went into Red Hood's Multiverse event and was able to play as him when I used the random selection option. What should I do to fix this?

Go to the main menu and wait for the game to load up a AI match to watch, exit the match and the DLC characters should be back. Hopefully this issue is fixed in the next update.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Burned out on this for a little while. If whoever's running the guild lists wants to drop Mister_Fixer to make room next time you do maintenance, go ahead and let someone else contribute, thanks.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Sub-Zero gonna be a top-5 guy instantly. lmfao poor loving Captain Cold who looks even worse now, goddamn

Other than ice they have very little in common it looks like.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Super stoked on subzero. Although if double clone or clone dive kick is a gear move god help me ill be so pissed.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Super stoked on subzero. Although if double clone or clone dive kick is a gear move god help me ill be so pissed.

why? more moves is nothing but a good thing. This way you can give some broke rear end poo poo without breaking the actual game.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Because it's random and can take forever to aquire

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

why? more moves is nothing but a good thing. This way you can give some broke rear end poo poo without breaking the actual game.

Check this out: It'd be even better if they didn't break the game and were available in good modes and didn't require a ton of RNG to acquire.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

fadam posted:

Check this out: It'd be even better if they didn't break the game and were available in good modes and didn't require a ton of RNG to acquire.

The Variant system in MKX was cool because it let them do this kind of thing without making any of it illegal in tournament settings, imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In spirit yes but functionally there was almost always one variant that was superior to all the others. That being said I think there should be a mode where you can slot in the different abilities without factoring in gear.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

exquisite tea posted:

In spirit yes but functionally there was almost always one variant that was superior to all the others. That being said I think there should be a mode where you can slot in the different abilities without factoring in gear.

:yossame:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly Guild Multiverses have been steaming piles of poo poo 90% of the time since release, I don't know why I keep going back in to do them

Yeah I'm not very fond of them either. I did manage to finish one tower last night which was a miracle, but then went back to regular multiverse.

Also, Goonrilla Grodd bros that are way better than me, I need more guild boxes, where are you guys :sad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fight 24 mans while the screen is upside down and sometimes they will counter everything you do

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Subby looks like he's mostly got his cryomancer moveset with a little bit of Grand Master (ice klones) thrown in.

Cythereal posted:

Nice job sneaking in a fatality for Subby.

Bonus points for it being his Klassic fatality.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

Yea I loved the idea but there was always just one variant that was best and, if you're lucky, two that were fine but lacking. Some characters had one best one, a fine one, and one just outright 'no don't use this' one.

I do agree Abilities shouldn't count as 'gear' though. The entire point of poo poo like 'you get Nightwing's staff...but it replaces your O ability...' is that there's a balancing force there.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Technowolf posted:

Subby looks like he's mostly got his cryomancer moveset with a little bit of Grand Master (ice klones) thrown in.

Bonus points for it being his Klassic fatality.

Bonus points to you for spelling it "Klassic" :bravo:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm really bored at work and I didn't get to play that much last night. So I've been thinking about the game at work today and trying to think of the characters I'd love to see the most after these three DLC packs are released. That is, if NRS does more. Here's my list:

Etrigan
Booster Gold
Ted Kord (Blue Beetle premier skin)
John Constantine (Felix Faust premier skin)
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman
Captain Marvel (Black Adam premier skin)
Red Tornado
Sinestro (Green Lantern premier skin)
Deathstroke
Bizarro (an actual Superman premier skin, not just a costume color change)
Doctor Light (with female Dr. Light and The Ray premier skins)
Mongul (with a Solomon Grundy premier skin)

Like if they plan on waiting another 4 years to do IJ3 if they even do it, I just want as many DLC characters as possible. Blow this motherfucker up!

Also I was thinking of plots for IJ3. They could just change directions and make it the Justice League of Earth-Prime vs. the Crime Syndicate. I think they'd be fun as hell.

Okay, enough of my ramblings.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

pubic works project posted:

I'm really bored at work and I didn't get to play that much last night. So I've been thinking about the game at work today and trying to think of the characters I'd love to see the most after these three DLC packs are released. That is, if NRS does more. Here's my list:

Etrigan
Booster Gold
Ted Kord (Blue Beetle premier skin)
John Constantine (Felix Faust premier skin)
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman
Captain Marvel (Black Adam premier skin)
Red Tornado
Sinestro (Green Lantern premier skin)
Deathstroke
Bizarro (an actual Superman premier skin, not just a costume color change)
Doctor Light (with female Dr. Light and The Ray premier skins)
Mongul (with a Solomon Grundy premier skin)

Like if they plan on waiting another 4 years to do IJ3 if they even do it, I just want as many DLC characters as possible. Blow this motherfucker up!

Also I was thinking of plots for IJ3. They could just change directions and make it the Justice League of Earth-Prime vs. the Crime Syndicate. I think they'd be fun as hell.

Okay, enough of my ramblings.

I don't think we need Sinestro, just make it to where Hal Jordan's different corp shaders changed his emblem

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Carebearz posted:

I don't think we need Sinestro, just make it to where Hal Jordan's different corp shaders changed his emblem

Chest pieces already do this.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Senerio posted:

Chest pieces already do this.

You do realize this isn't the same, right? I get that there are chest pieces with other corp emblems, if they wanted that, then make the chest emblems change GL's colors to the respective corp color (unless they already do that, I don't have any of those yet)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Carebearz posted:

You do realize this isn't the same, right? I get that there are chest pieces with other corp emblems, if they wanted that, then make the chest emblems change GL's colors to the respective corp color (unless they already do that, I don't have any of those yet)

You need to set a loadout to get the proper shader, so why is it a problem to set a specific piece of gear to that loadout?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Excise Hal entirely and just have Guy Gardner and John Stewart and Alan Scott imho

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Carebearz posted:

Yeah he'd be at the tail end of my wish list since he was in the first game, but my list was just a train of thought typed out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hasn't Solomon Grundy already been datamined from some text strings?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Senerio posted:

You need to set a loadout to get the proper shader, so why is it a problem to set a specific piece of gear to that loadout?

because i don't want to hope for RNG to make Hal a Blue Lantern when a shader could change the emblem ezpz. Is it that hard of a concept for you to understand?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Funky Valentine posted:

Excise Hal entirely and just have Guy Gardner and John Stewart and Alan Scott imho

Kyle Rayner GL

Guy replaces Atrocitus

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Carebearz posted:

because i don't want to hope for RNG to make Hal a Blue Lantern when a shader could change the emblem ezpz. Is it that hard of a concept for you to understand?

Then you wouldn't be able to make goofy combinations like a Yellow Star Sapphire.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think my top pick is still Etrigan but I also want them to go into left field, much like how MKX brought back Bo Rai Cho and Tremor.

I wanted to see people like Ice and Simon Hurt but I guess Sub-Zero and Scarecrow fill those niches.

exquisite tea posted:

Hasn't Solomon Grundy already been datamined from some text strings?

this would be the first I've heard of it, he never was part of any leak, real or fake. Doubt he'd come back after Bane got all the command grabs. He'd be better off as a Bane premiere skin, just use swamp gas as his powerup over Venom.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Senerio posted:

Then you wouldn't be able to make goofy combinations like a Yellow Star Sapphire.

lolo, I think my completely pointless OCD about unimportant details would cause my head to asplode if this happened.

• Locked thread