Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Here's the reddit post about the EX system from January when it launched there.

Basically it's a VIP reward for people that buy Lapis, with the last reward being an exclusive unit somewhere around the $450 USD mark, theoretically 4 of the $100 USD lapis bundles and 1 of the $50s will get you everything, it's possible they'll increase the cost to an even 5 of the $100 USD bundles. You won't get anything retroactively, so if you're thinking about buying Lapis you should probably wait until after the system goes into effect, however other than the guaranteed 5* ticket and the unit, you aren't missing much. Of course we don't know that the rewards will be the same so wait and see I guess.

Oh right, it's the TM reward from that unit I was thinking of:
Wield Two Weapons & +15% ATK when equipped with Katana & +15% ATK when equipped with Sword & +15% ATK when equipped with Dagger & +15% ATK when equipped with Greatsword

Can't wait to see that on some Whale Orlandu buddies. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I look forward to my first Delita or Queen on the 29th.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
So what is it that makes Xon so good?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Waylay lets you steal items and gil from all enemies, which is handy for explorations. The main thing though is Twist of Fate, since it steals buffs from enemies and applies them to your team, which sounds nifty until you see the insane buffs that bosses from trials and events can give themselves and you realize Xon can steal poo poo like +999% DEF/SPR and he becomes a game changer.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Drop bonus
Steal from all enemies at once is useful in some events
Main thing is the ability to steal buffs from enemies and apply it to your party. Combined dispell and party-wide buff, sometimes a pretty big one.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Fiss posted:

Expedition team ready to go!

Deploy 5-Star Disappointment Brigade!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is the best I can do ATK wise. Maxwell sux.

So send me your invites if you need a 100% bonus unit for tomorrow!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You saw Maxwell sucks, I say 66 hit double limit burst chain goooooo

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I found the NRG cap today.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

I got 4 slots right now for people who need bonus unit friends for the event.
Normally I have Orlandeau up, but also occasionally put my Marie up for certain trials.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:flashfap:

Here comes my second Delita

Third Emperor here!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

Third Emperor here!

It's gonna be a second Lightning, I just know it. I might throw my phone off a cliff.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's gonna be a second Lightning, I just know it. I might throw my phone off a cliff.

Come join me and Fenrir in the dual Lightning club. We have punch and pie.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

With my luck I'd get another Demon Rain, despite not even being in the pool.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Watch, Queens for everyone! Come tomorrow, I will be so glad to not have to run Titan anymore. So sick of that fight. Also, I burned all my tickets chasing Amelia, and did dailies every day. Got 5 Ilias.....and no Amelia. Multiple Kings and 2 Snows, plus some other junk golds. :rolldice:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Watch, Queens for everyone! Come tomorrow, I will be so glad to not have to run Titan anymore. So sick of that fight. Also, I burned all my tickets chasing Amelia, and did dailies every day. Got 5 Ilias.....and no Amelia. Multiple Kings and 2 Snows, plus some other junk golds. :rolldice:

dumped a ton of tickets into the banner, did every daily, no ilias or amelia. Maybe if im lucky one will show up as an off banner in the BF banner, units always seem to have a tendency to do that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When the new content hits tomorrow, am I allowed to post that the strategy is to take two Orlandu's with you?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

When the new content hits tomorrow, am I allowed to post that the strategy is to take two Orlandu's with you?

Only if your strat uses Ling to Feint Step first

e: My last two weeks of pulls can be described as a wet fart. I got two Camilles but I can't imagine ever using her or her TM so :rip:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

Two Orlandus, a Randi, and a Ling.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Probably Krile #20 or Fang #9 for me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's gonna be a fifth Lightning, I just know it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Might be a tad less effective if the maxwell trial returns, what with the light resist and all.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The only base 5* units I've ever gotten are Noctis and White Knight Noel. All my other 6* are base 4*.

So anything will prob be nice. Even another Noct.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

The only base 5* units I've ever gotten are Noctis and White Knight Noel. All my other 6* are base 4*.

So anything will prob be nice. Even another Noct.

i think delita is the only truly "bad" 5* pull because he doesn't really actually do anything, although his TM is an extremely good sword so i suppose there's that.

then again for the most part a lot of the 5* mages are just pvp units? it frustrates me that ramza is an only okay to use in the arena but eventually he will have his ridiculous enhancements, the other mages have to wait a long time to be really strong in pve i think.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Would be 4th here

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually i take it back i would definitely rather pull delita than lightning

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

actually i take it back i would definitely rather pull delita than lightning

Agreed. Outside of lightning cheeze builds she really isnt a good unit at all. A moonsword is very useful if you get to pull Dark Veritas and dont have a DRK Cecil. Also you could POTENTIALLY make a useful support Delita if you can stack enough SPR and get 9Ss TM.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Agreed. Outside of lightning cheeze builds she really isnt a good unit at all. A moonsword is very useful if you get to pull Dark Veritas and dont have a DRK Cecil. Also you could POTENTIALLY make a useful support Delita if you can stack enough SPR and get 9Ss TM.

my Delita gets a bit of a workout basically enabling one turn clears with those gigantic defence and spr breaks. combine delita break with minfilia attack buff, 2 chainers, and someone to finish the chain, and you can kill a lot of things in one turn you otherwise couldnt.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
set maxwell as my friend unit

let the fun times begin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

:smith:
https://twitter.com/shalymonster/status/875524173375852544

gotta spend that 5k to get the free 5*, totally separate from the free 11 pull

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

rabidsquid posted:

i think delita is the only truly "bad" 5* pull because he doesn't really actually do anything, although his TM is an extremely good sword so i suppose there's that.

Gah! No! That bit of understanding will practically guarantee that I get Delita now! Why could you not let me simply wallow in my childish ignorance?! The RNG can smell fear!! :psyduck:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Cartoon Man posted:

Come join me and Fenrir in the dual Lightning club. We have punch and pie.

Hey, I drew two Lightnings within 15 minutes of each other on her banner the first morning!

I am the founding member of that club.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Ooh, you get to be president.

KDdidit posted:

Would be 4th here

Vice president for you.

Tengames posted:

my Delita gets a bit of a workout basically enabling one turn clears with those gigantic defence and spr breaks. combine delita break with minfilia attack buff, 2 chainers, and someone to finish the chain, and you can kill a lot of things in one turn you otherwise couldnt.

So what you're saying is... Delita is a Ling Substitute? :v:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
My last three rainbows have been Lightning, Dark Fina (#2), and Dark Knight Cecil. I'm sure I'll pull another one of any of them

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Who wants to donate to the "Give Dana 2500 lapis to finish these TMs" fund? :D

In return I'd bring you... THIS!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I have pulled Gilgamesh, Olive and Dark Fina as my only 5* base units. I deserve something awful but honestly I don't even know that I'd mind any unit aside from Emperor maybe? I have 4 Zyrus so I don't really need his TMR. Even Queen seems like a decent tank TMR...? I know I don't have much better currently anyway. At least with lightning I could work on my own evasion cheese unit but obviously Noctis would be miles better for that.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ugato posted:

I have pulled Gilgamesh, Olive and Dark Fina as my only 5* base units. I deserve something awful but honestly I don't even know that I'd mind any unit aside from Emperor maybe? I have 4 Zyrus so I don't really need his TMR. Even Queen seems like a decent tank TMR...? I know I don't have much better currently anyway. At least with lightning I could work on my own evasion cheese unit but obviously Noctis would be miles better for that.

Having 3 5*s puts you well ahead of curve, remember :v:

Meanwhile, if Septimus Heap from here tried to add me as a friend, send it again, if that was you I deleted your friend request by accident.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
ugh, forgot I dont have any of the BF mooks aside Maxwell,
Welp time to draw for at least 5 of em

Then it was 15 tickets before I realized they're all 4 star.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 16, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

ugh, forgot I dont have any of the BF mooks aside Maxwell,
Welp time to draw for at least 5 of em

Then it was 15 tickets before I realized they're all 4 star.

Final roll call on ticket burning: Ludmille, Cinque, Aiden, Exdeath, Gau, Shadow, Kuja, Vaan, Luna, Lenna, Luka, Alma, Gau, Guy, Celes, Vaan, Krile, Sabin, Luka, Garland, Penelo, Hope, Celes, Exdeath, Artemios, Shera, Ilias, Sazh, Sabin, Zidane, Cyan, Gaffgarion, Seria, Trance Terra, Faris, Galuf, Luka, Cecil, Bedile, Penelo, Abel, Cecil, Anzelm, Trey, Galuf

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Decided to use half of my lapis on an 11 pull, got tilith and one other banner guy for bonus. Used a bunch of tickets(keeping a good number for a better banner still) and got a bunch o crap cept for a 4th zidane.

At least I got the most important unit from the banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Wait, why'd you keep rolling if you got Tilith?

• Locked thread