Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah you invented fire crits for sure lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When did you start playing again?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Hey now, I have too (started playing that is.)

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Even I fired it up last night.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shooting Blanks posted:

Even I fired it up last night.

I was shocked to find my SMG Fun Run build worked as well as it did at surviving on DW last night, especially after months away.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dong

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FalloutGod posted:

So whats the deal with people being labeled cheaters? I asked one guy and he said its because he modified game files to get the DLC for free. wtf?

I see the 'Illegal weapon mod' poo poo all the time, and they are immediately branded as a cheater. I just figured it was some overpowered bullshit, not that they just straight up used a hack to unlock DLC they didn't buy. It's not like the DLC is super expensive when on sale. Or at least it wasn't, I picked up all of the weapon DLC for like sub $1 each. The heists were an expensive like $1.50 tops on sale?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FalloutGod posted:

So whats the deal with people being labeled cheaters? I asked one guy and he said its because he modified game files to get the DLC for free. wtf?

I saw my first cheater yesterday too. He had somehow converted a Bulldozer to our side. Not exactly subtle.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I had a friend of a friend join a game once and he got kicked for being a cheater. He complained that I had my game set to auto-kick cheaters (I usually only play with friends, and I almost always host), and I told him he shouldn't have cheated. His response? "I only unlocked all the dlcs lol." So we just played without him. As Drowning Rabbit said, there (was) no excuse for not buying the stuff you wanted when it was on sale pretty regularly.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Roland Jones posted:

I saw my first cheater yesterday too. He had somehow converted a Bulldozer to our side. Not exactly subtle.

I finally downloaded the lobby checker mod and the first game I hosted I had a dude at level 54 with every single skill unlocked and aced.

Not subtle indeed.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Speaking of mods. Any must have for new players? I see a couple in the OP but it hasn't been edited since December of last year.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When the beta branch goes live, it's going to break almost every mod, so I would hold off on installing anything just so you don't get used to a particular mod in the coming weeks then lose it.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah you invented fire crits for sure lol

Who said invented? Other than yourself.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Who said invented? Other than yourself.

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I am the major proponent behind fire crits. A thing barely talked about before. Certainly not something I've seen others drag through one down.

:grin:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
DONG

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I invented Dozers with miniguns.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Does no one know that proponent doesn't mean invented?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Fuuka Ayase posted:

The first person to state something here is always the right one.

Also your persuasion techniques were resisted

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Sure, but

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I am the major proponent behind fire crits. A thing barely talked about before. Certainly not something I've seen others drag through one down.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuka is the only person I've been seeing consistently talking up fire crits recently :confused:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Ark is the one that first suggested the idea to me, but he was never very vocal about it.

Also he seems obsessed with Kingpin now.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Ark is the one that first suggested the idea to me, but he was never very vocal about it.

Also he seems obsessed with Kingpin now.

It's six seconds of invulnerability whenever I want, how aren't more people running Kingpin?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

ArkInBlack posted:

It's six seconds of invulnerability whenever I want, how aren't more people running Kingpin?

OH, I thought you meant this.

Anyways, proponent means advocate, not inventor.

But as for Fire Crits, I love that build with a good grinder. Nice to see a shotgun take out 3 people. I've only used it once on OD when I wasn't looking at the difficulty and didn't realize it until the edgy paintball team rolled in. It's really just a crowd control role at that point but I get more usage out of it with a high damage pump action instead of a shell-hose.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
You also become the only one that can shoot freely on OD as long as you use a shotgun with good pickup. With how the damage track for DB works, you have no reason to do otherwise. One of the biggest problems in OD is grinding through the meat wall made of cops without exhausting your team's ammo supply. You're not just keeping things controlled, you're laying out a lot of ammo efficient AOE damage. Either killing them yourself (with time) or reducing the amount of rounds others need to lay out to kill OD cops. You use less ammo than you effectively generate through kills.

I think there is someone who solos OD using crit DB, but Vox would know more about pointing people towards videos of that.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Frankly the only reason I don't use Dragon's Breath is because my kills aren't counted properly. Also I do pretty good with a buckshot crit Izhma + China Puff :smugdog:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
That's why I only drag it out for OD or for heists that aren't quite 'fair' beyond OVK. As a safety. HoxBreak Day 1 comes to mind. You can be put in to certain configurations that aren't reasonable to fight your way out of, and it basically becomes OD.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wastrel_ posted:

Frankly the only reason I don't use Dragon's Breath is because my kills aren't counted properly. Also I do pretty good with a buckshot crit Izhma + China Puff :smugdog:
It activates Bloodthirst and adds to your Robbedacop progress correctly. Don't tell anyone.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is there still a PD2 goon discord? The invite expired.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

maswastaken posted:

Last time OP updated, Vox hadn't yet posted a permanent invite: https://discord.gg/mWeUnvQ

That ought to work.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

As a newish player, I hear a lot of talk about soloing things... how widespread and viable is that overall? Are the AI teammates any help yet (they were totally useless at release from what I recall)?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Amante posted:

As a newish player, I hear a lot of talk about soloing things... how widespread and viable is that overall? Are the AI teammates any help yet (they were totally useless at release from what I recall)?

AI teammates, especially equipped with Reinfelds or Thanatoses, are now stupidly overpowered and make clearing heists solo pretty simple up through Death Wish. The interaction buff you can get from AI also applies during stealth, which makes stealth heists way, way easier, especially ones that involve a series of long, risky interactions like Alesso.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hey i'm coming back into this game after a long time, used to play a lot with goons. i don't have pm. how can i get into the discord

edit: lol i looke dup

Farg fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 16, 2017

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Amante posted:

Solo is the way to go with stealth most of the time. Loud, it's easily viable on any difficulty you can personally survive on. Basically, the bots right now are pubbies that can't complete objectives but instead give you stat bonuses and can actually shoot.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So I went infamous and found out loving around with beefed up akimbo interceptor pistols and a beefed up locomotive is way too goddamn fun.

Elder heisting goons, give me the advice/opinions on either weapons.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Last time OP updated, Vox hadn't yet posted a permanent invite: https://discord.gg/mWeUnvQ

That ought to work.

Thanks. I don't post here much, but I still try to update the OP and still play.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

So I went infamous and found out loving around with beefed up akimbo interceptor pistols and a beefed up locomotive is way too goddamn fun.

Elder heisting goons, give me the advice/opinions on either weapons.
Silencers and Specialized Killing.
The cut the Loco down to size with the Tactical Shorty stock and finish your silencer crit build, which inexplicably involves a heavy ballistic vest.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Fuuka Ayase posted:

That's why I only drag it out for OD or for heists that aren't quite 'fair' beyond OVK. As a safety. HoxBreak Day 1 comes to mind. You can be put in to certain configurations that aren't reasonable to fight your way out of, and it basically becomes OD.

Overkill used to enjoy using RNG to gently caress players over (the original flashbangs being the most famous example). Fortunately that has been hugely reduced, but the carpark on Hoxbreak Day 1 remains one place in the game where you can get hosed entirely by chance. I was just playing with another guy and 2 bots on OD, we just could not find the control room, he went into custody and I was on my last down facing dozens of cops. Fortunately I was able to beat the assault together with the bots, dominate a cop, free him, then finally find the right room and eventually finish the heist, but poo poo got dicey there through no fault of ours. They should really add a way for you to at least narrow down the options as to which is the correct door.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

Overkill used to enjoy using RNG to gently caress players over (the original flashbangs being the most famous example). Fortunately that has been hugely reduced, but the carpark on Hoxbreak Day 1 remains one place in the game where you can get hosed entirely by chance. I was just playing with another guy and 2 bots on OD, we just could not find the control room, he went into custody and I was on my last down facing dozens of cops. Fortunately I was able to beat the assault together with the bots, dominate a cop, free him, then finally find the right room and eventually finish the heist, but poo poo got dicey there through no fault of ours. They should really add a way for you to at least narrow down the options as to which is the correct door.

Bring trip mines.

But no for real, trip mines on HoxBreak are pretty good Day 1 and really good on Day 2, if only for blowing the bridges on the side of the Computer Hall so no cops can get on that side of the building, upper and middle level. Leaves you with two charges to open up objectives, most of which take 1 charge to open a door, and two for the last door if you don't have a keycard or are doing that cheevo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

What ArkInBlack said. Overkill will argue that you have the option of bringing tools (Explosives, Saw, or lockpicking skills + Burglar perk deck) to help with that situation :overkill: No matter that you were on OD with only one other human.

I agree with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What ArkInBlack said. Overkill will argue that you have the option of bringing tools (Explosives, Saw, or lockpicking skills + Burglar perk deck) to help with that situation :overkill: No matter that you were on OD with only one other human.

I agree with you

Don't play lovely hosed up difficulties, is maybe the advice I should have given then.