Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I installed the app, tried to sign in, and it detected a new login (no poo poo) and locked my account for security purposes. I've gone through the email and text verification steps but I haven't received either. (Checked spam etc.) Is there a customer service email? I kinda want to keep tabs on the stickers I just bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
The site doesn't take paypal though? Visa security thing will be nagging me with automated phone calls if I have to use my card.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Alipay is the largest payment processor in the world. You'll be fine.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Alipay is the largest payment processor in the world. You'll be fine.

On the other hand it's under direct control of the Chinese government and information security in that country is notoriously poor. Alipay itself had a user data leak back in 2014.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SwissCM posted:

On the other hand it's under direct control of the Chinese government and information security in that country is notoriously poor. Alipay itself had a user data leak back in 2014.

Yeah it's a bit better at security and privacy than most Western comparable systems but not a lot better :shrug:

guavo
Jan 3, 2007
I am quite practic at this onlane thing
Looks like all the goodies I ordered in February and already got refunds for are just starting to show up, and now I know why!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/surge-in-e-shopping-blamed-for-canada-post-delivery-delays-1.4161242

What's weird is the nano-lego shop I bought from drop ships from inside Canada, so it's very quick delivery.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

guavo posted:

Looks like all the goodies I ordered in February and already got refunds for are just starting to show up, and now I know why!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/surge-in-e-shopping-blamed-for-canada-post-delivery-delays-1.4161242

What's weird is the nano-lego shop I bought from drop ships from inside Canada, so it's very quick delivery.

This sounded so reasonable until

quote:

Secondly, he says, the majority of the packets are too small to be handled by Canada Post machinery. 

"They have to be processed by hand. That means somebody looks at every address," said Hamilton. 

What the hell Canada Post?

guavo
Jan 3, 2007
I am quite practic at this onlane thing

flashy_mcflash posted:

Probably manually checking for Fentanyl. It's a pretty big problem on the west coast nowadays.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

guavo posted:

flashy_mcflash posted:

:(

Yeah, I still have 8 packages from March in the pipeline. Periodically I check in and get purchase protection extension on anything with less than 10 days to go. Occasionally I get surprised, but most things with standard shipping seem to take at least 60 days. I wondered why it took so much longer than US goons, I guess now I know. Apparently Canada Post has little old ladies in reading glasses squinting at each and every address. :canada:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Canada goon here, have also started to receive stuff I disputed weeks ago.

What I don't understand is why I had to dispute them in the first place - every time I'll ask them to extend the protection, but maybe half of them have just responded with "oh if it isn't there we'll refund you".

I then just tell them to extend it or I'll dispute. About 50% of these just don't bother extending it.

But whyyyy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This was probably addressed before but it's a big thread so: should I just open a dispute right away or try to contact the seller first if I want a refund or replacement for broken goods?

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I would open a dispute.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I just received seeds I didn't order as a gift for ordering seeds. None of the seeds are labeled, but everything I've ordered continues to be what I did order.

I checked the mystery seeds against some pictures of seeds of some illicit substances and no dice.

Gonna go post pics in the plant thread. A mystery!

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

WrenP-Complete posted:

I just received seeds I didn't order as a gift for ordering seeds. None of the seeds are labeled, but everything I've ordered continues to be what I did order.

I checked the mystery seeds against some pictures of seeds of some illicit substances and no dice.

Gonna go post pics in the plant thread. A mystery!

Probably Japanese Knotweed.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Super Kudzu

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Can someone link me to the sexy Hitler pins? I wanted those a long time ago but couldn't find them!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achtane posted:

Can someone link me to the sexy Hitler pins? I wanted those a long time ago but couldn't find them!

The good pin store is gone now but single designs are still around.

e: Here's one with NICE BOBBS (the pins from this store are pretty good quality).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/rhi...0608.0.0.KYULkw

This one was a bit poo (and both very fragile and very dangerous due to sharp points)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...0608.0.0.KYULkw

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 16, 2017

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Those melamine foam blocks? I used to use them when I worked as a therapist in child psych because they picked up crayon and marker off tables like gems, so I got a lot of use out of them. They will take gloss off high gloss paint, though, so don't use them on painted surfaces. I work with adults now in a university, and I still like having a stock pile for my office. Anyone tried adult coloring books from AliExpress? Those are popular in the waiting room but the cost adds up.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Bonster posted:

Those melamine foam blocks? I used to use them when I worked as a therapist in child psych because they picked up crayon and marker off tables like gems, so I got a lot of use out of them. They will take gloss off high gloss paint, though, so don't use them on painted surfaces. I work with adults now in a university, and I still like having a stock pile for my office. Anyone tried adult coloring books from AliExpress? Those are popular in the waiting room but the cost adds up.

The ones I bought were smaller than the normal books but otherwise basically 100% the same as the one you'd buy on Amazon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bonster posted:

Do not use them on leather, either :negative:

I just realized I could order a cheap camera off Aliexpress to rig up a "is the cat on the porch" system for this place (my sister's house). Maybe they even have a poo poo monitor.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I bought a pair of those boxer-briefs that were linked earlier and as a towering American male of carriage they're basically scanties on me, not particularly comfortable or practical even if they look fabulous. Maybe I'd have better luck with those cotton period panties that were posted earlier :gay:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Bought a cheapo digital caliper which arrived really quickly along with a bonus pair of plastic lips which a friend informed me was one of these and a note apologising for the lack of batteries as they've had an increase in items being returned by customs.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hope you're not planning on using them for anything that would actually require precise, consistent measurements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvszAb0Y0Ec

They also have a huge battery drain problem so if you use them a lot you're gonna be sinking even more money into replacement batteries as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8oopG2GpF0

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 17, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sweet racism in the first vid and it didn't even take a minute to get to it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

Sweet racism in the first vid and it didn't even take a minute to get to it

He's Chinook, he's a persecuted minority with a long history of oppression so by definition he cannot be racist.

E. Regardless, I'm someone who uses tons of cheap crappy Harbor Freight tools because I'm a hobbyist who doesn't require the best and most durable nor wants to pay a premium for those diminishing returns of quality but digital calipers are definitely something you don't want to cheap out on; the old adage of "measure twice, cut once" doesn't really work when you get completely different measurements each time.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 17, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Even expensive digital calipers suck rear end compared to non-digital ones, unless you need like extremely radical precision.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

We have fancy Starretts in the shop, but my carry-around set of calipers is a $30 dial set from Amazon, and after years of bouncing around in my bag and a couple of drops they still read gauge blocks to less than .001 precision. :shrug:

I just don't like having to replace batteries.

e: and my first set of calipers from back in college is a vernier set that by definition cannot get out of alignment. Still perfect after more than a decade of heavy usage

Hexaoct
May 1, 2007

:raise: Why is the knockoff five times the price of the original?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Hexaoct posted:

:raise: Why is the knockoff five times the price of the original?

Because some people don't have access to IKEA but want IKEA things. You can buy overpriced IKEA stuff on Amazon sometimes too.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Some impulse purchases from China

Pictured next to a more expensive purse, shockingly high quality

Water beads are bomb FYI they bounce when you accidentally spill them everywhere

Carp pillow A+

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Carp diem

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
That carp pillow is baller.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
There are some baller-rear end lamps, lights and such things available and I'm intrigued. Will we die of a) thorium poisoning from fumes, or b) a horrible fire from bad wiring? Should electronics be avoided?

The wife bought some expensive poo poo for the new house recently and it was all made in China, so I want to cut out the middle man and just go right to the source now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I bought some bluetooth light bulbs that work fine and I want to say another person has bought and said any kind of fixtures that you wire in should be ok

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
The electronics I've bought off Ali have all been fine; they are also all things that will not main people should they fail.

It's probably fine, but tread carefully.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I absolutely love these giant jelly stampers for nail stamping. They are crystal clear, have a lot of give and squish, and the large size means a lot more light comes through them and makes it easy to see while the head can pick up several nails' worth of stamp from one large plate at once. I'm about to order some more. Anyone else have any beauty or cosmetics tools they've got and liked?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4cm...2671199308.html

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
What does it do? What is nail stamping?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91HYYTZRXmk

It's applying pattern to your nails.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks to whoever mentioned Aooko, I ordered some Oakleys from his business partner Jeff. We'll see how they turn out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

keevo posted:

This is the only place I go to for knock off ray bans: http://aooko.v.yupoo.com

Message the guy on What's App and he'll send a link to his latest Aliexpress/Taobao/DH Gate store where you can buy it. They're really really really good knock offs.

I've only used Whatsapp a couple times. Can you message just a number? I created a contact for this number and I can't send a message.