Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Any PS4 users able to download SB? I can't fire up HW, it sits on the 'connecting to PSNetwork' screen and I can't find my pre order in the PS store.

It downloaded on mine last night, it's probably just swamped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Minrad posted:

No cleric stance is so loving amazing.

Like, I can't put into words how good it feels to refresh aero dots, regen someone, assize for full value, and then mix up stone and regen casts is to play

I feel vindicated.

In this moment, I am euphoric.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

Impact's a bit weird, maybe it's a bit of leftover design space where it was intended for something else but got trimmed down. I agree the animation is cool though.

Now that I think about it, why doesn't Impact just replace Jolt II when you have Impactful, the same way the Enchanted melee skills replace their basic versions when you have enough mana? There's no reason to cast Jolt II when you have an Impactful proc--they have the same cast time and MP cost, but Impact deals more damage and grants more mana--so it'd just be one fewer thing to keybind.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Baphy update -- after panicking and sobbing for a short time, I restarted the PS4 and was able to log into FFXIV, starting the SB download :unsmith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's the situation if I have PS4 ARR but not HW but want to (have to :/) use PS4 to play Stormblood at the moment?

If I pre-order it, is it going to get me the Heavensward rights now or am I basically just hosed?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
It's really unfun having to swap between protect and eye for an eye every single time I enter a dungeon.

Edit: Just remembered that I'd have to reapply protect if someone dies, I guess I don't need e4e.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 16, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's the situation if I have PS4 ARR but not HW but want to (have to :/) use PS4 to play Stormblood at the moment?

If I pre-order it, is it going to get me the Heavensward rights now or am I basically just hosed?

You get HW right away. I'm in the same position on PC and you get HW on early access along with SB.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Harrow posted:

You get HW right away. I'm in the same position on PC and you get HW on early access along with SB.

Right so I should just buy PS4 SB then.
I am the saltiest right now god drat setting up on PS4 is going to be years of effort..

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Harrow posted:

Now that I think about it, why doesn't Impact just replace Jolt II when you have Impactful, the same way the Enchanted melee skills replace their basic versions when you have enough mana? There's no reason to cast Jolt II when you have an Impactful proc--they have the same cast time and MP cost, but Impact deals more damage and grants more mana--so it'd just be one fewer thing to keybind.

Frankly I think the RDM melee combo could also be handled as all one button (like PvP)--it's not like it has positionals or branching paths, and all 3 skills even have the same TP cost! There's basically no reason to ever use them out of order except as a fuckup.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The series continues! Coil spoilers at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP02ykXXKog

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Magil Zeal posted:

Frankly I think the RDM melee combo could also be handled as all one button (like PvP)--it's not like it has positionals or branching paths, and all 3 skills even have the same TP cost! There's basically no reason to ever use them out of order except as a fuckup.

I'm sure someone would call that "dumbing down" but I'd love it. Consolidate keybinds whenever it doesn't reduce actual gameplay complexity IMO. And "read the tooltips to know which order to use these in and then never use them out of that order because why the hell would you" doesn't count as complexity :v:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Because they're bad at releasing expansion packs, the EU FC won't be up until tomorrow morning :mad:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I assumed it was for all FATEs. I didn't read otherwise anywhere

It says 4.X in the patch notes, I think it's just SB. Would love to be wrong

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i ended up quitting midway through heavensward. is there a quick source for comparatively high ilevel 60 gear that i can use for the rest of it?

You can buy ilvl 255 gear with gil from the Ishgard vendors now.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Demicol posted:

AST quest is off to a good start
So they're basically teasing an upcoming job, aren't they?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

mfcrocker posted:

Because they're bad at releasing expansion packs, the EU FC won't be up until tomorrow morning :mad:
:sloppy:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

It says 4.X in the patch notes, I think it's just SB. Would love to be wrong

I don't think the FATE boosts apply to pre-SB areas, I did two levels' worth of FATE grinding this morning when the instance servers were throwing a fit on my RDM and never saw any boosts. Patch notes seem to confirm it.

Of course you're getting the +100% Armory boost for pre-60 FATEs so it kinda evens out.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

...well, they did *something* to the AA. Which is strange, because I run 0x AA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting locked out of my account because I logged in on PS4 (I just had to update pass)

It's not my day :negative:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Minrad posted:

PvP is WAY different, but it feels pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Battlerite, like I thought it would. It gives a ton of exp too: Came in second for 600k at level 60.

Guess I'm grinding frontlines to 70 on my other jobs!

Yeah, I reported back on PvP earlier in the discord, and it cannot be stressed enough that if you enjoy PvP, use it to level. It's just shy of 600k experience at 60 and scales up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Getting locked out of my account because I logged in on PS4 (I just had to update pass)

It's not my day :negative:

I don't even have an EA code yet, so at least you're ahead of me.

Edit: Literally 2 minutes later I get the email. drat it really isn't your day.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 16, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

new pvp owns and is good exp

lldr and challenge log is a ton of exp

first dungeon is cool

doma is super loving pretty

i want alisaie's weapon

that's all i have to say

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Skaw posted:

Yeah, I reported back on PvP earlier in the discord, and it cannot be stressed enough that if you enjoy PvP, use it to level. It's just shy of 600k experience at 60 and scales up.

This annoys me because I find MMO PvP to be literally satan but muh expeeeez :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Can someone check the gold saucer and report on the new weapons there?

I'm traveling and won't be able to play until late tonight.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Varam posted:

You can buy ilvl 255 gear with gil from the Ishgard vendors now.
In Foundation or Idyllshire or... where?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Tsurupettan posted:

new pvp owns and is good exp

lldr and challenge log is a ton of exp

first dungeon is cool

doma is super loving pretty

i want alisaie's weapon

that's all i have to say

I'm pretty sure 99% of Odin still can't proceed past Best Served with Cold Steel at lvl 60 because solo instances are still choked and not working for most.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone check the gold saucer and report on the new weapons there?

I'm traveling and won't be able to play until late tonight.

100k MGP each. They are awesome.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What happens to my inactive level 28 archer, do i switch to a bard if i log in?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ciaphas posted:

this is very alien from usual MMO PvP; it's more akin to Guild Wars or games like Battlerite/Bloodline Champions, in that it's PvP built from the ground up instead of trying to be PvP within the framework of the MMO

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

The revamp is incredibly different. Almost all of the RNG in the combat system has been removed with the notable exception of damage variance. Skill Potency is roughly the amount of damage you deal or heal. Players have static stats, DPS sit at 10k health, with Healers at 12.5k and Tanks at 15k. Kits have been massively truncated to where classes only have about a dozen abilities total. Most importantly, the whole system where PvP Rank dictated relative player power through ability upgrades is completely gone. Everyone is absolutely equal.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Boogalo posted:

The series continues! Coil spoilers at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP02ykXXKog

drat. That speech made me emotional. What a guy.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Minrad posted:

this is very alien from usual MMO PvP; it's more akin to Guild Wars or games like Battlerite/Bloodline Champions, in that it's PvP built from the ground up instead of trying to be PvP within the framework of the MMO

I had no idea this was happening but you might have just sold me on it. It's pretty cool that they just built a PvP system using the various jobs as a framework instead of trying to fit what the jobs already did into a lovely PvP mode. Now I'm really going to have to give it a try.

Are there any videos of the revamped PvP yet? I'm curious to see it since I can't try yet (why didn't I just take today off :negative:)

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Why is the victory music wrong

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Harrow posted:

I had no idea this was happening but you might have just sold me on it. It's pretty cool that they just built a PvP system using the various jobs as a framework instead of trying to fit what the jobs already did into a lovely PvP mode. Now I'm really going to have to give it a try.

Are there any videos of the revamped PvP yet? I'm curious to see it since I can't try yet (why didn't I just take today off :negative:)

What's sad is that some of the new mechanics are better designed in PvP than in PvE. 3 Lilies granting 50% off benediction and divine benis cooldown? gently caress yes, please.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Skaw posted:

The revamp is incredibly different. Almost all of the RNG in the combat system has been removed with the notable exception of damage variance. Skill Potency is roughly the amount of damage you deal or heal. Players have static stats, DPS sit at 10k health, with Healers at 12.5k and Tanks at 15k. Kits have been massively truncated to where classes only have about a dozen abilities total. Most importantly, the whole system where PvP Rank dictated relative player power through ability upgrades is completely gone. Everyone is absolutely equal.

This is good to hear. I think I might actually try PvP now!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well poo poo, now I really want to try PvP in FFXIV. That's a new feeling.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

They also pruned a lot of poo poo I disliked from PvP. Healers can no longer raise people, so deaths and kills are both way more impactful. Healer mana actually matters and there's trade offs in taking mana regen to compensate. I haven't tried Feast yet, I'm curious how much XP it gives compared to Frontlines.

Make sure you hit up the Wolves Den pier first so you can actually set up your PvP bars/abilities/etc.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
can I still pre order and get early access now

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

blergh I really want to play this again. but that'll also mean a PS4 pro and a 4K tv...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Glad YoshiP fixed pissvale for PLDs, Total Eclipse was sorely needed.