Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I own as many Switch games as Xbox One games at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't plan on getting ARMS but hey, its my birthday soon and someone wants to get me a game :3:

eonwe fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 16, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that stuff either, although it's not as bad when it isn't drawn to be blatant fanservice.

Speaking of which, I downloaded and started Shantae: Pirate's Curse or whatever. A few minutes in, I realized I had the 3D off and turned it on...

then sighed, rolled my eyes, and turned it off again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd like to amend my previous statements on Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. I had it backwards in my head with Pirate"s Curse. 1/2 Genie IS pretty benign cartoon fare. Pirate's Curse is the ridiculous one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Phazon4G/status/874949336454615041

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've been seeing this bounced around cause of the app on your phone that'll be needed to chat on the Switch and I really hope something like this gets made now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just got a ton of texts that Best Buy has switch stock online. Go go go!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Can't get enough of Mario's reactions, wish I could see what he did during the Odyssey trailer.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Can't get enough of Mario's reactions, wish I could see what he did during the Odyssey trailer.

I like Mario at the world store because he's not crotch chopping at Sonic like Crash Bandicoot was

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
e. Nvm

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I've been seeing this bounced around cause of the app on your phone that'll be needed to chat on the Switch and I really hope something like this gets made now

Nyko actually announced one like this but theirs is much stupider. Instead of a phone slot has a stand with a clip to hold it in landscapea 60° angle from the grip Also includes a battery to charge your joycon and phone, a storage slot for an SD card cause why the gently caress not. The weight and balance looks atrocious.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

It would be cool if in Odyssey Mario could control a hedgehog as well as bandicoot and run them both off a cliff so it could finally happen literally instead of figuratively

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Come on, that's not fair at all

Crash and Sonic are perfectly capable of doing that to themselves

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Later you can buy the hedgehog to keep as a pet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I am going to watch 40min of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and decide if that is the sort of game I am interested in tolerating a cockney accent for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGk6VMcJsw

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So everyone is just going to use Discord instead of whatever Nintendo offers, right? Since you need a phone either way.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

As stated before, I do that anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just got a ton of texts that Best Buy has switch stock online. Go go go!!
already out of stock by the time i got home :(

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

squidgee posted:

So everyone is just going to use Discord instead of whatever Nintendo offers, right? Since you need a phone either way.

Yeah

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It would be cool if in Odyssey Mario could control a hedgehog as well as bandicoot and run them both off a cliff so it could finally happen literally instead of figuratively

Sorry but Mania is going to sell all the copies and no one will buy Odyssey

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Infinitum posted:

Hello I am going to watch 40min of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and decide if that is the sort of game I am interested in tolerating a cockney accent for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGk6VMcJsw
Sounds more Mancunian/Lancashire than Cockney tbh

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

yeah this is actually a rad idea. I'd definitely use this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/875744796869971971

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is there much of an online community for puyo puyo tetris? I'm having a blast with the demo but don't want to shell out £30-40 for the full game if there's not much online play going on.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Frankston posted:

Is there much of an online community for puyo puyo tetris? I'm having a blast with the demo but don't want to shell out £30-40 for the full game if there's not much online play going on.

From what I've heard, there are two possible outcomes to going online:

A) You're going to be crushed in Tetris by savants who will make you question that you were ever even okay at Tetris in the first place

B) You're going to get crushed in Puyo by Japanese players who have been playing it for decades while Western players didn't have access to any titles in the franchise

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Millions posted:

B) You're going to get crushed in Puyo by Japanese players who have been playing it for decades while Western players didn't have access to any titles in the franchise

Well that's not true, I played Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine :colbert:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Frankston posted:

What Millions said.

But also the storyline mode is delightful if you like B-movies that know they're bad and go full steam ahead.

And I kinda like Party Mode. Though I wish we had proper Tetris Battle Gaiden style combat.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

We had Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Frankston posted:

You can get it for around £20 if you use the US eShop and buy an e-shop card online from somewhere.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Reggie: Nintendo "actively discussing" Wii U ports for Switch, doesn't want to do pure ports, each one has to be expanded enough to be a definitive version.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Smash is obviously on the docket here, if only so it can put Ice Climbers in with all the 3DS stages and include all DLC.

Somebody come up with a way to sell this motherfucker on Tropical Freeze and/or Bayonetta 2.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I guess that's why we don't have Smash yet. If you told Sakurai that, he'd add an entirely new game mode, five new characters, and Ridley still wouldn't be playable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how you do a definitive Pikmin 3: Pikmin Trilogy HD

Definitive Color Splash: Paper Mario Collection HD

Definitive Wind Waker, TP, Skyward Sword: Zelda, GameCube and Wii collection HD

Definitive Tropical Freeze: You guessed it, Donkey Kong Country Returns Collection

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just port stuff, I will still pay full price, I won't be disappointed, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Even if this doesn't get made I suspect it shouldn't be too difficult to 3D print with a moderately good printer.

Hell, maybe I found my next project while I wait for my Switch to come back from Nintendo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Devils Third please

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You would just need the middle section to be adjustable so as to fit different phones

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Definitive Color Splash: Paper Mario Collection HD

But then people would see their rose tinted memories of TTYD don't hold up.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TFRazorsaw posted:

I guess that's why we don't have Smash yet. If you told Sakurai that, he'd add an entirely new game mode, five new characters, and Ridley still wouldn't be playable.

ridley iz too big 4 smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Martytoof posted:

Even if this doesn't get made I suspect it shouldn't be too difficult to 3D print with a moderately good printer.

Hell, maybe I found my next project while I wait for my Switch to come back from Nintendo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hxBi2F-7d4

• Locked thread