Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I too wish to enslave a god.
Also goddamn the Sword Trials shown off at E3 look awesome. I even committed the ultimate sin of tampering with my essence to get thirty hearts in preparation.

I don't want to enslave a god I want him to be my bff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

FooF posted:

Also, unlike Eventide, it's a shrine so none of your Champion abilities are brought in either. Urbosa's Fury makes Eventide a joke, unfortunately.

45 rooms of killing and puzzles sounds like the closest thing to a pure dungeon experience we'll get. You know the final room is going to be like 3 gold Lynels at once, right.

At least you still get your runes. The Remote Bomb+ will be your best friend for a long while I imagine.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Alxprit posted:

At least you still get your runes. The Remote Bomb+ will be your best friend for a long while I imagine.

I got the game on release day, and dropping bombs while enemies chase me is still my favorite way of killing things. It's just so satisfying to watch them get blown up.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Davoren posted:

I don't want to enslave a god I want him to be my bff.

You can feed lotm apples and stuff.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I want the story DLC to end with a horseback escape, but if you've ridden the LOTM he comes to your aid in a special cutscene, before vanishing back to Satori Mountain.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Does anyone know if the +guardian weapons boost applies to shield parries? Also, it's established that using guardian armor + high level guardian weapons is better than the barbarian stuff with other weapons (unless they're higher damage than your guardian weapons), but what about when you take into account the spin attack bonus?

well why not posted:

I want the story DLC to end with a horseback escape, but if you've ridden the LOTM he comes to your aid in a special cutscene, before vanishing back to Satori Mountain.

This, but Stalhorse.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

mastajake posted:

Does anyone know if the +guardian weapons boost applies to shield parries? Also, it's established that using guardian armor + high level guardian weapons is better than the barbarian stuff with other weapons (unless they're higher damage than your guardian weapons), but what about when you take into account the spin attack bonus?

This, but Stalhorse.

The spin attack bonus just lets you do it longer by decreasing the stamina cost.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There is a way to bring both food and weapons to eventide if you want, but that's cheating, tackle the island like a man.

When the hardmode dlc is available the first thing I'm doing after the plateau is going to evantide, no upgrades at all.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

When the hardmode dlc is available the first thing I'm doing after the plateau is going to evantide, no upgrades at all.

Eventide was the first thing I did in my playthrough, and I didn't know you could steal the orb off the Hinok without killing it. That took a while.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I ran into a hinox real early on and threw bombs at it until it died. It took a real long time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Doing Eventide with what I know now would be very easy. I'd use yellow chuchu jelly as grenades and make lots of Mighty meals.

Something not everyone may have discovered: when you're holding material items, you can drop them close to you like you do with the cooking pot, OR you can actually adjust that distance Link drops them to like 15 feet in front of you with a button

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spellman posted:

Doing Eventide with what I know now would be very easy. I'd use yellow chuchu jelly as grenades and make lots of Mighty meals.

Something not everyone may have discovered: when you're holding material items, you can drop them close to you like you do with the cooking pot, OR you can actually adjust that distance Link drops them to like 15 feet in front of you with a button

I think I learned that move in the Yiga Hideout, conveniently enough.

Of course I kept getting stuck at the part where there are two Yiga close together because I simply couldn't let them eat even a single banana because they're all mine, dammit, I'll fight to the death for them (which is probably why I struggled so bad with that part).

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Spellman posted:

What button? I saw someone do this on a YouTube but couldn't figure out how.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

Eventide was the first thing I did in my playthrough, and I didn't know you could steal the orb off the Hinok without killing it. That took a while.

bash his head in with the boxes from the top of the cliff

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Moose-Alini posted:

What button? I saw someone do this on a YouTube but couldn't figure out how.

Probably D-down, the contextual controls are shown on screen when you're holding the items

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I wish they'd add a legit fishing minigame in the DLC. And an option to NG+ as Zelda/Champions if I'm dreaming.

I also wish they'd fix it so I didn't have to skip 5 different cutscenes in every Shrine, and I wish when you opened a chest and your inventory was full it would just pop up an interface asking if you wanted to drop X item instead of forcing you to back out, go to your inventory, drop the thing, then loot again. Also it's weird that the BotW Amiibo do less in the game than other Zelda series ones.

That is all. 10/10 game of the year without any changes though.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 17, 2017

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I just want to be able to put on full outfits as a quick change option.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd definitely be okay if they gave BOTW Zelda and Link more use if the champions a decent use.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

From Nintendo's E3 Demo of DLC1, around 5:10: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AaE2anhRWzY

I'm glad even Nintendo employees forget about Cryonis.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh come on, ANOTHER Night Speed Up armor set? And it's the Tingle set? Dammit Aonuma

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

housefly posted:

I just want to be able to put on full outfits as a quick change option.

this would be really nice, even just being able to fast-swap into the climbing and swimming sets with a 3rd personalized set would be an improvement

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm still really early on, but I figured I'd go to the northwest for a while because from what I've heard there's really good meat there, which can be cooked and sold for ridiculous amounts of money. Between me and there was another tower, so I figured I'd knock that out and be on my way.

I don't think I'm doing that tower any time soon, because its defended by Lightning Wizrobes, as well as black and blue Lizarfos with lightning weapons, in a lot of water while I've got 8 hearts and no stamina upgrades. That was a bit of a kick in the pants when I tried it.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Bought a Bokoblin amiibo and now have the mask in game, so good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Argue posted:

Oh come on, ANOTHER Night Speed Up armor set? And it's the Tingle set? Dammit Aonuma

Tingle gotta hustle

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ashsaber posted:

I'm still really early on, but I figured I'd go to the northwest for a while because from what I've heard there's really good meat there, which can be cooked and sold for ridiculous amounts of money. Between me and there was another tower, so I figured I'd knock that out and be on my way.

I don't think I'm doing that tower any time soon, because its defended by Lightning Wizrobes, as well as black and blue Lizarfos with lightning weapons, in a lot of water while I've got 8 hearts and no stamina upgrades. That was a bit of a kick in the pants when I tried it.

That's definitely one of the most challenging towers. But like most other things in the game, it's still doable early, with a lot of patience and some skill.

One of the first towers I did, if not the first, was the one north of the plateau surrounded by Guardians. Took me quite a few tries, but I felt like a gaming god when I made it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Argue posted:

Blah. Tingle suit should have mapping or balloon powers. Octoballoons last longer, maybe?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is anyone even going to bother wearing the tingle suit for more than 5 minutes after they get it other than to just go "heh, Link looks daft."? Sheikah and Dark Link sets both offer fast nighttime running anyway.

It should make fairies appear more often in the wild or have them restore more health when you die, something like that.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's called the Tingle Run, and it's very popular with speedrunners

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bob Socko posted:

From Nintendo's E3 Demo of DLC1, around 5:10: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AaE2anhRWzY

I'm glad even Nintendo employees forget about Cryonis.

what's the triforce symbol about in the lower left hand corner, did they say? i'm guessing its a "master mode is on" type of thing?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
All funky looking armor sets need interesting powers that aren't just night speed. Even if it's just fun stuff like growing a trail of flowers behind you. It was very frustrating for me to give that guy all my monster parts only to find that the Dark Link armor doesn't actually do anything unique.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I think they're trying to avoid having amiibo and DLC outfits from having unique abilities to avoid people calling foul about being nickel and dimed for content (despite the fact that selling more content is kinda the point)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Tingle's set should cause Link to skip instead of run.

Vikar Jerome posted:

what's the triforce symbol about in the lower left hand corner, did they say? i'm guessing its a "master mode is on" type of thing?
I think so, not 100% sure. The load screen is definitely different, though, red with MASTER MODE in big letters.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The only one that seems to be unique is Majora's Mask, from what I could tell the description made it sound like it would work as all the other masks combined.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Alxprit posted:

The only one that seems to be unique is Majora's Mask, from what I could tell the description made it sound like it would work as all the other masks combined.

Cool! I thought from what Kilton said that the Dark Link suit would do that, but nope.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only one not at all excited for Master Mode? Silver enemies are already damage sponges, and adding a level beyond that along with regenerating health just sounds unfun. Except for the occasional aerial platform of enemies, it looks like it's just "Oh, upgrading armor to level 3 won't break the game anymore."
I'm way more interested in the Trial of the Sword, since it looks to get right to the point of "Either master combat tactics or get hosed."

Also, my biggest problem with Skyward Sword was that despite the new combat system being the game's selling point, they went with a lovely boss rush instead of a Savage Labyrinth/Cave of Ordeals.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Yeah I'm with you, Master Mode or whatever sounds no fun at all to me either. The combat was already just something I had to get through to get to the parts I actually enjoyed.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Combat against Lynels is loads of fun (if repetitive) in my opinion, and the prospect of getting even better drops is nice.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

mastajake posted:

Combat against Lynels is loads of fun (if repetitive) in my opinion, and the prospect of getting even better drops is nice.

Lynels in general are fun, but even Silver lynels get tiresome with all the health they have.

If they give the gold versions some new attacks or add in some new dynamics to the fights that'd be great, but anything else would just end up being boring.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Can you wear Majora's Mask with head armor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Can you wear Majora's Mask with head armor?

No, it's a head slot.

Regarding Master Mode I don't have any desire to play it currently because I only just finished the game myself a few days ago and I have no desire to go through it all again anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so I'll give it a try.