Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What is this line poo poo and why are people standing in one?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SettingSun posted:

What is this line poo poo and why are people standing in one?

Game can apparently only have so many instances and it's an instanced quest early in the chain.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If anyone's currently a refugee on Excalibur awaiting a server transfer to Omega, I've made a linkshell :) message one of the people below in-game for an invite.

Dilly Snipnoodle
Alloy Steele
Arelle Treshaut
Lyra Sable

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can confirm still busted on Brynhildir. Are they even trying to do something about it?

Or... wait, does it work in the Japan servers? I have a mind to say that they gonna take the problem nice and slow for us in NA and maybe EU if Japan is working fine. Yep, I said it, I think they don't very much care for us if their Japan audience is doing fine.

If its also not working on the Japan side then what the heck are you doing, SE?! Get to fixing this!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Man. This Raubahn instance wait is the most brutal mechanic I have ever experienced in this game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Verranicus posted:

Can confirm still busted on Brynhildir. Are they even trying to do something about it?

Or... wait, does it work in the Japan servers? I have a mind to say that they gonna take the problem nice and slow for us in NA and maybe EU if Japan is working fine. Yep, I said it, I think they don't very much care for us if their Japan audience is doing fine.

If its also not working on the Japan side then what the heck are you doing, SE?! Get to fixing this!

They posted a few hours to say it's working as intended and they could raise the instance cap, but they won't

edit: or was that an oforums quote

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Man. This Raubahn instance wait is the most brutal mechanic I have ever experienced in this game.

And the trees keep trying to cut the line.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Game can apparently only have so many instances and it's an instanced quest early in the chain.

Also one that's pretty long so I don't think that line is really getting shorter :laffo:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Early access is a disaster. All data files are corrupted and the game is being rolled back to 1.23b.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
I'm surprised with the game mechanics they already have in place that instanced quests can't support their own queues natively.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm the warrior in FC chat still spamming butcher's block thinking i'm coming out ahead

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
They better get this poo poo fixed by tonight because gently caress if I'm standing in line in a goddamn video game.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Nothing is making you stand in line.

Mordiceius posted:

lol if you're actually standing in line.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
But if I leave then the terrorists win.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you line-ignorers wouldnt last a second in vana'diel. disgusting.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

you line-ignorers wouldnt last a second in vana'diel. disgusting.

:hai:

Hell, when I played anyway, even though bcnm and dynamis were instanced there was only one said instance. Gotta schedule your dynamis around other linkshells and wait in line at the burning circle.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 16, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey if anyone wanna do Coil with some of us while you wait in the line, /tell Mighty Oak on Excalibur. Just for the sake of experiencing the story.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Bet you they do emergency maintenance tonight. Epic fail SE epic fail.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i'm just running frontlines and gathering during the wait to stay productive. level 63 baby

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

When i first looked at that screenshot in the timg I though it was the bridge area on the western side of the South Shroud and the line had spanned both areas.

99% of the people are standing right on top of the npc.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Farg posted:

i'm just running frontlines and gathering during the wait to stay productive. level 63 baby

Yeah sounds like a perfect time to pick up SAM/RDM and get some levels in.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

orcane posted:

Sure was smart putting such a long instanced duty so early in the storyline :v:
Instanced fights the the MSQ are generally great, so the idea is cool and good, just should have thought about the server capacity.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Heh, this early access which exists to specifically test the servers prior to launch is having server issues, what a bunch of idiot loving morons.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Trying to choose between rdm and Sam is the most difficult decision I've ever had to make, they're both extremely well done. Phone it in on one next time yoship please

Bard has entered the fray as a contender too. The renewed focus on songs is really good and the fruity flute thing that replaced swift song is really satisfying too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Heh, this early access which exists to specifically test the servers prior to launch is having server issues, what a bunch of idiot loving morons.

this, but unironically.

they knew how many people entered early access codes, they've done this before with hw. there's no excuse.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
And this is why I don't take off work for MMO expansions.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Truga posted:

this, but unironically.

they knew how many people entered early access codes, they've done this before with hw. there's no excuse.

if one hundred people told me they were coming over for dinner that advanced knowledge would still not meaningfully allow me to cook for all of them in my tiny rear end kitchen

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Rhymenoserous posted:

And this is why I don't take off work for MMO expansions.

Yeah, taking off work today would be a pretty silly mistake.

That's why I took time off during next week, when I'm sure all of this will be fixed. :smuggo:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if one hundred people told me they were coming over for dinner that advanced knowledge would still not meaningfully allow me to cook for all of them in my tiny rear end kitchen

If those one hundred people gave your $50 to come over for dinner they may expect some food.

This argument is pretty stupid as both sides have a point.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

It's not like you're gonna die.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Exmond posted:

If those one hundred people gave your $50 to come over for dinner they may expect some food.

It's not worth it to pay for a massive server increase for a day or two of increased population. Six months from now, no one is going to give a poo poo about this first day congestion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Touch of Death, MNK potency, and the ability to cross-class B4B. :rip:

Twin Snakes going from 5% to 10% damage helps offset the potency loss on MNK moves at least. Sorta. Maybe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Exmond posted:

Except the guy saying it's a test for Tuesday, that's just wrong.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Twin Snakes going from 5% to 10% damage helps offset the potency loss on MNK moves at least. Sorta. Maybe.

That just compensates for a twin snakes trait we lost. :v:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So Warriors lose access to Flash huh? I guess I'll have to spam Overpower even more now.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

On the other hand, Internal Release jumping to 30% and all of that melded Accuracy turning into Direct Hit softens the blow a bit. The first TK I landed today hit for 15K.

I'd like to say how effective the level 62 trait is but I can't get into the drat story instance and I'm not going to spend all day FATE farming just to level in the meantime. :orks:

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

SettingSun posted:

So Warriors lose access to Flash huh? I guess I'll have to spam Overpower even more now.

It's slightly cheaper now!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

It's not worth it to pay for a massive server increase for a day or two of increased population. Six months from now, no one is going to give a poo poo about this first day congestion.

renting a beefy server costs literally $50/month these days.

Injuryprone posted:

It's not like you're gonna die.

You have no idea :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ibblebibble posted:

That just compensates for a twin snakes trait we lost. :v:

I didn't look at traits earlier when I was logged in, welp.

Gonna go back to leveling SAM when I hop on later tonight I suppose. Not like that dumb instance will be easily accessed anyways.