Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I stopped playing right before the first expansion came out. Can I just buy Stormblood and jump in or is there a guide or something for people like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I havent been able to play yet, how hosed up and terrible is this extremely good mmo expansion

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Control Volume posted:

I havent been able to play yet, how hosed up and terrible is this extremely good mmo expansion

it's pretty good if you enjoy fate grinding/potd/ldr/etc, like all right-thinking patriots

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

Ridiculously good when it's working. I expect an emergency maintenance soon.

beergod posted:

I stopped playing right before the first expansion came out. Can I just buy Stormblood and jump in or is there a guide or something for people like me?

You can pretty much jump in as long as your MSQ is done.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Cool server lagged out when Vishnap was at 1% and now I'm gettin 5006'd and can't play the game.

Cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Bad things about Stormblood

- all NPCs refer to your character with the n-word
- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically
- all jobs and classes changed to Warrior, Warrior no longer able to equip weapons
- the ability you like most was removed

Good things about Stormblood
- new hats

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's pretty good if you enjoy fate grinding/potd/ldr/etc, like all right-thinking patriots

it's also very, very good if you enjoy reading Reddit and oforums autists screeching about how Japan is cheating them

FactsAreUseless posted:

- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically
- all jobs and classes changed to Warrior, Warrior no longer able to equip weapons

- new hats
so, on balance, a great expansion

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

- new hats

-pvp is finally good

this could go in either list

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Cool server lagged out when Vishnap was at 1% and now I'm gettin 5006'd and can't play the game.

Cool.

owned lmbo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

- new hats

Also you have to line up for your MSQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

so, on balance, a great expansion
Depends how you feel about eggs, I think.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

owned lmbo

I got so dunked on. Friend said I leveled up before gettin booted for disconnect so I at least got the EXP/Roulette reward.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Also you have to line up for your MSQ
Right.

Good things about Stormblood:
- new hats
- game now more orderly and polite

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Those are all good things, actually.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Thundarr posted:

On the other hand, Internal Release jumping to 30%

That's also just a trait being rolled into the base ability. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It was a bold gambit for SE to replace every job's mechanic with Secret of the Lilies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not coming back home till sunday so I can join all off you in this clusterfuck of a release!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

YellerBill posted:

That's also just a trait being rolled into the base ability. :v:

Really? I don't remember the trait taking it all the way to 30%.

On the other hand SAM at level 50 is pretty easy to figure out, even though none of the other SAMs I bump into seem to have done so. Now to level up and get lost in the John Maddening.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Thundarr posted:

Really? I don't remember the trait taking it all the way to 30%.

Garland Tools isn't updated yet, and yeah the trait is 30%

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

bitch there is a flying mount that is just a giant egg you sit on top of. why would anyone play ffxiv if they weren't enthusiastically pro-egg?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

- new hats

Sold.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Does anyone use the Mac version? I have a Mac but I use bootcamp to play on Windows, but I've been thinking of just getting the Mac version. I know it used to be terrible and that SE offered refunds to anyone who bought it or something like that, but hopefully it's actually playable now. I'm planning on eventually getting a gaming laptop since I have zero interest in a desktop, but those things are kind of expensive so it'll probably be a few months.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

"- extremely graphic cutscenes in which Minfilia gives birth to eggs, fetishistically"
[me, disgusted] I cant believe they brought minfilia back

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I was at work the past 8 hours. Did they fix the problem with instances not working?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

beergod posted:

The Stormblood story content (and thus all of the brand new dungeons and areas) are locked behind the first expansion's storyline, so you'll have to do that first. But that's okay, because it's real good. Stormblood also comes with Heavensward, I think?

Samurai and Red Mage are available to anybody who beat Ultima Weapon at the end of the 2.0 storyline, so you can pick those up if you'd like.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ocatamai posted:

But if I leave then the terrorists win.

Counterpoint: if you leave, those rear end in a top hat Ala Mhiggans lose.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SilverSupernova posted:

I was at work the past 8 hours. Did they fix the problem with instances not working?

lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SilverSupernova posted:

They did, but theres now a bottleneck in the msq

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

They did, but theres now a bottleneck in the msq

And their current fix seems to be "Just wait until people leave the fight to get in!"

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Does anyone use the Mac version? I have a Mac but I use bootcamp to play on Windows, but I've been thinking of just getting the Mac version. I know it used to be terrible and that SE offered refunds to anyone who bought it or something like that, but hopefully it's actually playable now. I'm planning on eventually getting a gaming laptop since I have zero interest in a desktop, but those things are kind of expensive so it'll probably be a few months.

Yeah. It won't run as well as the Windows version, and I'm not sure what Mac you have, but it is playable.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://imgur.com/zz42uGb?r :nms: i guess

i unembedded it

:douche:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 16, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

PRAY DELETE THIS

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Baphy update -- after panicking and sobbing for a short time, I restarted the PS4 and was able to log into FFXIV, starting the SB download :unsmith:

Nice, it's just not DGKK without Baph.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Right.

Good things about Stormblood:
- new hats
- game now more orderly and polite

- PLD skill tree has been blessed with God and Bonnie Tyler.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terper posted:

Hey if anyone wanna do Coil with some of us while you wait in the line, /tell Mighty Oak on Excalibur. Just for the sake of experiencing the story.

I'm at work until 7 EST :negative:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

NIN job quests thank god they change the starting location to asia town with the end of the lvl 63 quest

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Oh good I just got my EA code. Now when I get home from work in an hour I too can complain about long virtual lines!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red Mage is extremely cool but POTD'ing it is essentially impossible right now thanks to disconnects.

Fate'ing might be viable but generally speaking this sure is an MMO launch.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
We won't get stuff like Bartz minion and the PS4 wallpaper until the official release, right?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So are these lines being enforced in any actual manner or is this an easy consequence-free way to piss off half the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think there's too many people you won't make a difference unless you RP walk down the line.