Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
11 pull had 2 4 star units in it. Dupe mercedes and setzer. :sigh:

Got Zidane #4 so, um, yay? Also Heltich whom I didn't have yet apparently.

e: I have over 100 tickets so lets burn a few in vain:
Guy
Cecil
GOLD! Leon #4
Krile
GOLD! Gaffgarion #6
Cyan
GOLD! HOPE #3 WHY GO AWAY GODDAMNIT:cry:
Eight
Firion
Heltich
Terra
Jack
GOLD! Seria! Holy poo poo a loving BF unit. Let me say how surprised I am that it's the most worthless of the batch. :sigh:
Mustiado
Shantotto

This banner loving sucks.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Echophonic posted:

Got enough to get some tickets from King Mog, managed a Karl, so now I have two bonus units! :toot:

And Leon's good, his TM is really useful for dual-wielders, from my understanding.

He's a bad pull off banner when you already have two sitting in the wings for TMRing.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

First pull was a gold! Vanille :rip:

Decided to throw a ticket into the abyss for a Russel. double:rip:

This event is going to suck, grinding for the x-killer accessories.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Rolled an Elza, with her Exclusive Materia and ability awakenings is she top tier again?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Rolled an Elza, with her Exclusive Materia and ability awakenings is she top tier again?

Almost. She's still a solid damage dealer and her LB fills almost instantly for LB kill missions. A good pull, but not god tier. TM is very nice.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Unfortunately she doesn't have a chainable attack or a finisher so she's definitely not tippy top, and her enhancements are pretty expensive. She does have good debuffs and can do impressive single target damage with Madness Rush/Ravaging Blow though.

So good, but not great.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Office Thug posted:

And Cloud of Darkness, I have no idea what this unit is about but it looks super cool and I see it suggested all over the place so I'll definitely use it!
CoD is a nice tanky toolbox. High resist all, group resist all, an ae cure, plus some damage skills. She doesn't always make the cut for 4 or 5 unit trials, but she's a useful, easily geared 6th on elemental trials.

Langolas posted:

Edit: And for those of you on my friends list, my shared Freyvia can solo the event so load up on 5 bonus units and use her to murder death kill all the things

12 tickets in, and no bonus units. Being able to bring any would be nice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spent 5 tix just because the metal gods shine brightly and I wanted at least another banner unit to gain more rewards to farm giantcrysts. 4 absolute trash and then I see a rainbow, dread in my thoughts as I anticipate another delita. Its Vargas! Dont really have room in my party for him unless I sack a T.Terra, which I might. God, I hope I didnt burn my 5* luck that would have gone to Tidus instead

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 16, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
stopped pulling on this garbage banner, just going to do dailies

come on more metal gods

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Her best gear is to dual wield (from your new Zidane) the rising sun throwing weapon that Locke has as a TM. Then gear for as much ATK as you can.

She was on many of my trial teams and is still on my arena team. Dual Wield BladeBlitz with Golem Rod is amazing.

Also, :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

With a dual wield 600 ATK+ Maxwel, she can carry. Use Genesis to one shot rounds one and two (and any metal gods). Then use Destiny on Vargas in two turns. If you need a third turn, you probably gonna die.

Thanks for this advice. I spent some tickets to get a 5th bonus unit and my first pull was Gilgamesh #2.

Unfortunately the next 11 tickets I spent were not a bonus unit from the banner :(

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Mile'ionaha posted:

She was on many of my trial teams and is still on my arena team. Dual Wield BladeBlitz with Golem Rod is amazing.

Also, :getin:

Strategy: three Orlandus.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
12 tickets and the 1/2 pull got me one gold, Nine

Also got me 2 rainbows, Elza and Vargas.

Tillith odds: confirmed

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tried 5 more tickets:
Camille
Terra
Sice
Ulrica
Elza :toot:

Would still much, much rather have Tilith though...

E: have about 205% worth of moogles atm. Tempted to grab elza's spear but if I'm going to burn moogles there is certainly something better to use it on that I have. Probably.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 16, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've got 110% moogles stashed away and I'm thinking of waiting for the guaranteed 5* 10+1 pull before I sink 'em. Maybe it'll be somebody with a good TM like Greg or somebody who'll overhaul my entire team, but in reality I'll just feed them to my current TM party when I get a second Lightning.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Somehow I got around 6,000 crimson ore on one run of the 25 nrg gaia event by getting a metal god spawn and was wondering if I should get the demonic life ability from king mog for 8,000 to put on Wilhelm? Olive? No?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Somehow I got around 6,000 crimson ore on one run of the 25 nrg gaia event by getting a metal god spawn and was wondering if I should get the demonic life ability from king mog for 8,000 to put on Wilhelm? Olive? No?

It's a solid ability, good budget for tanks. There are better versions though, Ulrica's TM is just straight 20% more. Also if you're always buffing, Demonic Life won't really matter because it's 40%, same as most buffs.

I am in fact incredibly bothered that I don't have Tilith. And don't really know what I'm gonna do when I don't get her, seeing as she's so incredibly much better than any other healer for half a year.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
BF must hate me. Crappy pulls and have yet to see a metal god. Sitting at 10k red phatoma or whatever after a day of running.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I have Tilith nearly max level, but have a question. I know her biggest limitation is MP, and its recommended to get multiple refresh materia/gear to replenish it. Since I don't have that available, would multiple MP refresh abilities stack, such as using both Noctis's cover and Aileen's MP regen ability?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

PaybackJack posted:

Pulling 2 of the same rainbow, especially a guy that chains is awesome.

Honestly, I had very little idea about how good he was until I looked him up on the wiki :stare:

Since he's all about Wind damage, I'm thinking of having a team composed of 2 Fohlen and 3 Y'shtolas. Turn one have the two Fohlens use Aggravate and the Y'shtolas use Cleric Stance. Turn two, Fohlens -> Sonic Blast, and Y'shtolas -> dual cast to get Aeroga x2. Probably too Glass-Cannony?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
This kind of goes counter to the current Chain>Finisher meta and I'm not sure Y'sh can get her MAG high enough to be a competent caster. You'd be better off trying to finish high Sonic Blast chains with a Firion or something.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

suuma posted:

This kind of goes counter to the current Chain>Finisher meta and I'm not sure Y'sh can get her MAG high enough to be a competent caster. You'd be better off trying to finish high Sonic Blast chains with a Firion or something.

I just started playing last week so I'm kind of lacking in higher tier units. As far as 5-star units go, I have 5 Y'shtolas, 2 Fohlen, Dark Knight Cecil, and Lightning. I also have Agrias, CoD, Vaan, Terra, and Zidane who I think are good once awakened.

I'm just trying to build a team that can actually accomplish things. Right now, "A Champion Ablaze" is impossible for me to farm, since I can't beat it.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Office Thug posted:

I just started playing last week so I'm kind of lacking in higher tier units. As far as 5-star units go, I have 5 Y'shtolas, 2 Fohlen, Dark Knight Cecil, and Lightning. I also have Agrias, CoD, Vaan, Terra, and Zidane who I think are good once awakened.

I'm just trying to build a team that can actually accomplish things. Right now, "A Champion Ablaze" is impossible for me to farm, since I can't beat it.

There's no reason you can't beat it with 2 fohlens. Or even one.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

who is Tilith and why is everyone trying to get her? Is she really that good?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The bigger problem is probably the lack of unit exp and getting them to maximum level. Without cactuars it takes a while to get characters up levels. Plus those Fohlens probably aren't geared well yet. Really it's just a "started the game a week ago" problem.

fullTimeLurker posted:

She's a pretty good healer. AoE Full Heal, AoE Full Raise, AoE except her 2500 HP and 50 MP heal, remove all status from enemies, and a few other things. Look at her wiki page to see her kit. She's the best healer for a while, plus she's a timed exclusive for the Bravely Frontier banner so you only have so much time to pull her.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

fullTimeLurker posted:

She's the best healer we're getting for a long time barring a global exclusive curveball.

AoE full heal and dispel, AoE full life (!), buffs, auto refresh, 75% chance not to be targeted.

Plus, all of her healing is ability based, so she gets around no white magic.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Would black belt give wilhelm a 3rd chance to counter?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

wilhelm doesn't need it he has invincible heart

Would black belt give wilhelm a 3rd chance to counter?

i think it'll just make his chance to counter 100%

stick a twin lance on him and go hog wild

still have a spot open on my friend list for anyone who wants another maxwell friend

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 16, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It depends on what you're doing. You're probably better off with the all the time 15% DEF from The Gathering. If Wilhelm's down to half HP, your healer's probably dead, so you're just kind of bleeding out slowly.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
15 tickets, no gold's, best unit I got was Garland. Think it's time to stick to daily pulls for a while.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Servaetes posted:

15 tickets, no single Brave Frontier unit, but rainbow #5 - Dark Fina! I guess that's good?

I went from just doing basically nothing in arena - usually finishing weeks/months just inside the 30-90k bracket - to currently no. 4253 ranking by facerolling distress and curse card along with as much AoE damage as I can muster. With no investment beyond getting them to 6*. Their gear is absolute garbage and it doesn't matter. And I'll probably try pushing even more with a second Setzer 6*.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Had one rank up and 120 NRG in presents so far today, and probably half a dozen runs with Metal God appearances.

Currently sitting at just over 64k crimson ore. Multiple double Metal God appearances with 375% bonus adds up in a hurry. :thumbsup:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Office Thug posted:

I know it sounds weird given that everyone is trying to get Tilith but I would try and grab Ameila off the last banner with some tickets. She's 6* capable and has offensive and defensive breaks which you'll need. While Agrias and Vaan have full break, not being 6* is really tough at higher content, while I've seen F2P people using Ameila quite well. If you have Y'shtola you should have also gotten a Minfilia who can buff the party with all sorts of resists but also ATK buff whatever friend unit you use as your finisher.

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's a solid ability, good budget for tanks. There are better versions though, Ulrica's TM is just straight 20% more. Also if you're always buffing, Demonic Life won't really matter because it's 40%, same as most buffs.

I am in fact incredibly bothered that I don't have Tilith. And don't really know what I'm gonna do when I don't get her, seeing as she's so incredibly much better than any other healer for half a year.

Is your Noctis still good for the Ultros trial? Not in the solo terms, I tried that route a few days ago and gave up after 1.5 hours and only being halfway through Chupon's life bar. I was just curious how viable he is just to stand around and fish. I tried to run him but he was taking a bunch of damage from one of the AOEs. Also gently caress that loving acid rain for removing all the drat buffs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

Christ the cost of these new exclusive accessories is ridiculous. 35k event currency for the evade accessory. I guess they figured that thing the bonus units are all higher than people would have an easier time to get the currency.

With Maxwell, Seria, Karl, Tilith and a friend Maxwell I'm getting about 2k currency a run. Can a pimped out Maxwell carry the whole thing alone? I'm considering rolling for a 5th unit if he can.

the cost for stuff is ridiculous but also i got lucky with two triple metal god fights already and got 24k from those :shobon:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

the cost for stuff is ridiculous but also i got lucky with two triple metal god fights already and got 24k from those :shobon:

I've had poo poo luck with the metal gods so far. I saw 1 in my very first run when I wasn't running a full bonus team, just trying to hit the missions. Since then I've only seen 1 in 15 runs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw a ticket at Tilith banner.

Who's the Rainbow?

It's Rem! :shepicide:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kheldarn posted:

Threw a ticket at Tilith banner.

Who's the Rainbow?

It's Rem! :shepicide:

doesnt rem have an auto revive? she's pretty dope. also literally any rainbow is good because it's not like there's a pity system in this game or something, its just a rainbow.

PaybackJack posted:

I've had poo poo luck with the metal gods so far. I saw 1 in my very first run when I wasn't running a full bonus team, just trying to hit the missions. Since then I've only seen 1 in 15 runs.

since i have this unquenchable desire to continue throwing tickets in the trash i did ten pulls on this banner and only got a 4* fohlen so i am running exactly two bonus units probably now and forever

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Is your Noctis still good for the Ultros trial? Not in the solo terms, I tried that route a few days ago and gave up after 1.5 hours and only being halfway through Chupon's life bar. I was just curious how viable he is just to stand around and fish. I tried to run him but he was taking a bunch of damage from one of the AOEs. Also gently caress that loving acid rain for removing all the drat buffs.

Not at the moment, I needed actual firepower (as much as Noctis brings, anyway) to carry my BF units through the thing. Sorry bout that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I setup my Maxwell as my buddy unit (Elza's only 84 or so atm) with a pair of Gungnirs. I need to finish my 2nd DW (sitting in the 60s) because Orlandu only hitting once with DR is weird.

I could just moogle my 2nd Zidane (and Elza) for their TMR but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dana Crysalis posted:

Not at the moment, I needed actual firepower (as much as Noctis brings, anyway) to carry my BF units through the thing. Sorry bout that.

No worries, I thought maybe you were just trying a new build with the Melodies and I needed to play it a little differently. I'm not sure my "Noctis-dodge fishing tanking" strategy is going to work since Ultros practically spams acid rain on me. I was rocking it pretty good with dual Setzers though, so maybe I'll just take my own Cecil and see how it goes with him. I don't have any Wilhelm friends, so maybe I'll go look around the pubbie list for one of those and try him.

• Locked thread