Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Paladin is loving doooooooope.

Also 270 slaying accessories are going to be BiS for tanks for a while I think.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lemon-Lime posted:

RDM at 50 is Jolt > Aero/Thunder depending on which mana is lowest > if procs, Stone/Fire ELSE Jolt > Aero/Thunder > repeat until you get 80/80 mana, then dash in, do your melee combo, backflip out and go back to top.

You also have an off GCD ability that shoots magic swords at people you should fire off whenever, you can generally get a good two of them out per rotation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PLD was always my BFF.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Are the Japanese servers having the Raubahn issue as well? I'm curious for no real reason.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Loaded into the instance then lost connection with server. now I'm #1400 in world queue.

I want to loving die.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress, got dc'd while loading into POTD, had to go through a login queue to get back in...only to immediately DC and get a longer queue.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

Are the Japanese servers having the Raubahn issue as well? I'm curious for no real reason.

Yes they seem to whine about queues and the scenario as well.

btw just finished it a few minutes ago so keep trying

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm on the tail end of the Heveansward MSQ in the Flats and I cannot start the fight, I keep getting d/c'd (90006) and thrown back into a huge queue.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Palace of the Dead is completely dead again, disconnected me twice upon attempting to load it, both times resulting in huge queues. It started at 1,150 this time.

Apparently the Instance Problem has more people getting through, so I guess that's what I'll get back to. I have to say, now that I've seen the problem, it's absolutely terribly stupid design on the developers' part not to realize they were gating 70 percent of the expansion's content behind a bottleneck taht every single person will have to go through is going to result in congestion.

Though that doesn't explain why the game seems to be suffering across the board. It had settled down for awhile, but I guess we're getting another spike in users and that's crashing things again.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I got into the raubahn thing first try with no disconnect :getin:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jimmy Hats posted:

I got into the raubahn thing first try with no disconnect :getin:

hail satan

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Game disconnected me while I was loading into the first samurai mission. I'm going to go hug my Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo DVDs and hope for the best when I try again.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

I'm on the tail end of the Heveansward MSQ in the Flats and I cannot start the fight, I keep getting d/c'd (90006) and thrown back into a huge queue.

I can't login at all anymore. I wait out a 1k+ queue only to get 90002 d/c'd the moment the game tries to load me in.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Game disconnected me while I was loading into the first samurai mission. I'm going to go hug my Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo DVDs and hope for the best when I try again.

same :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Instance teased me with a long loading screen...and then I was disconnected.

I'm giving this one more shot and then I'm just playing Horizon.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'm getting kicked offline trying to do this Red Mage quest duty.

Do these quests unlock anything amazing or is it safe to go and gain levels until things shape up?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mazed posted:

I'm getting kicked offline trying to do this Red Mage quest duty.

Do these quests unlock anything amazing or is it safe to go and gain levels until things shape up?

50s don't, they're just tutorial. Or at least the SAM one is. Haven't done RDM yet. Go get to level 52, maybe the problem won't be as bad by then..

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how are people liking the new brd?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I did it. I made it past Raubahn. See y'all in Japan.

Also Zenos is great.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Also Zenos is great.

you mean evil as gently caress

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Also Zenos is great.

Oh you poor poor soul

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah it seems like they may have actually done what they said they were trying not to do and started getting people booted from every other instance by fixing the Raubahn instance. Everyone in my party got booted trying to do a frontline, and now I got booted the second my queue popped for the first stormblood dungeon, and the world queue is up to 1300.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Quest duties are still borked, just got punted from the lvl 56 SAM one.

This is approaching WoD levels (which was bad btw, the first few evenings were full of downtime because their generous estimates were still off).

Sinteres posted:

Yeah it seems like they may have actually done what they said they were trying not to do and started getting people booted from every other instance by fixing the Raubahn instance. Everyone in my party got booted trying to do a frontline, and now I got booted the second my queue popped for the first stormblood dungeon, and the world queue is up to 1300.

This is -really great- since I've been going back and forth based on what's not working. Definitely disappointed coming off of HW's smooth launch.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

isk posted:

Quest duties are still borked, just got punted from the lvl 56 SAM one.

This is approaching WoD levels (which was bad btw, the first few evenings were full of downtime because their generous estimates were still off).

WoD huh.

Lemme tell you, son.

Edit: Also this instance server is poo poo and I hate Raubahn for making finishing the MSQ for Heavensward impossible.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
welp i'll try again another day

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Count Bleck posted:

WoD huh.

Lemme tell you, son.

Oh I know. We're a ways off from geometry duplication, item/level rollbacks, and stuck characters requiring GM intervention to log in, but there's plenty of gamestoppers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also y'all should keep in mind that the MSQ branched off into two chains before that raubahn thing and you should make sure you're done the other one before declaring you are stuck

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Can't even login to the game now. Lobby server is broken.

That was a fun day.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Motherfucker, just got disco'd for a second time after queueing for the first dungeon. Guess that's not happening tonight, which sucks since clearing the first dungeon was my goal for the day. Oh well. Should be better in the morning?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Are the SAM and RDM quests purely flavor or are there decent rewards for them?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thumbtacks posted:

Are the SAM and RDM quests purely flavor or are there decent rewards for them?

Seems like its just flavor and EXP until level 60, but after that you'll start getting job abilities and gear from them.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
six quests after cold steel, you get brick walled again

[21:17]A system error occurred during event movement.

seeya fuckers

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Stormblood doesn't want to play nice with me. Left side, dedicated graphics card, right side, integrated graphics.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently buying stormblood doesn't come with 30 days of gametime like every other mmo I've bought...

Mad because it means I can't play until next paycheck (next week) because I've budgeted to play now, but don't have it in the budget to play now. (I have the funds, but the money is budgeted to things that matter more)

Ugh adulting :sigh:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Stormblood doesn't want to play nice with me. Left side, dedicated graphics card, right side, integrated graphics.

updated drivers? problems in other games?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently buying stormblood doesn't come with 30 days of gametime like every other mmo I've bought...

Mad because it means I can't play until next paycheck (next week) because I've budgeted to play now, but don't have it in the budget to play now. (I have the funds, but the money is budgeted to things that matter more)

Ugh adulting :sigh:

Buying ff14 does like every mmo ever, buying an expansion does not like every mmo ever.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What every other mmo? The only other sub mmo is WoW and they don't include 30 days with an expansion either.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm using a 1070 and approaching the Raubahn dogpile makes my client really unstable and it will usually crash eventually. I never had issues displaying the max number of players before 4.0 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yeesh I'm glad I'm at a level where $15 doesn't make or break me. That's like coffee money for a week or so.