Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Finally can post this image

Mission Critical research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
There are no words to express the joy I felt when I first saw Emil's face on the map, and then when I first heard him sing to his own theme song.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The Dark Id posted:

He will always be blasting his jaunty tune (of which he has like four variations of including one where he’s just happily humming along and one where he seems to have forgotten the words and just wings it.)
I didn't even notice this. That's incredible.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Emil's optimism in the face of the lovely past is amazing. I want to either hug him, or high five his robo arm thing, not sure which.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

When he's making up the words he's saying things like "skellidoo", which are pretty appropriate. Also, when he's near the resistance camp he plays a double speed version of his theme (no words though).

For those of you who didn't listen to Emils shop theme: first up, shame on you. Second up, you didn't get to realize that his shop song is to the tune of his theme from the first game. It's amazing.

As for that point of no return: it's a real jerk move. The actual point of no return is located right next to the target of a sidequest. An important side quest that you really don't want to miss. And while it's easy to not trigger the point of no return, it's also not clearly labeled that it'll abort your side quests.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

apostateCourier posted:

It's by location. Stop him by the resistance camp and he'll sell the good stuff.

There's really 3 factors that determine what he sells. What type of items he sells is based off of where he starts off. How good the stuff is is based off of the speed. The breadth of his selection grows as you get further in the story.

The plugin chips mostly suck, but his sped up chip shop sells +6's, which is the equivalent of 64 normal chips. It's useful for saving yourself from farming up a bunch of movement speed up and bullet time chips so you can run one loving quest line.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Oh my god he's the Top Boy :allears:

Please, someone tell me the vocal version of the song is on the official soundtrack. I'd look myself, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Qrr posted:

As for that point of no return: it's a real jerk move. The actual point of no return is located right next to the target of a sidequest. An important side quest that you really don't want to miss. And while it's easy to not trigger the point of no return, it's also not clearly labeled that it'll abort your side quests.

On my second playthrough, I actually avoided talking to Anemone until I was done with all the sidequests (though of course there's a sidequest behind that trigger :v:)

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

GeneralYeti posted:

Please, someone tell me the vocal version of the song is on the official soundtrack. I'd look myself, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Tragically, its in Japanese. I also prefer the English singer.

Probably a similar reason why the official soundtrack doesn't have Birth of a Wish with words: region differences. :(

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

It isn't, but they put it up as a free download. So that's nice.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

The Dark Id posted:

Talking to Emil again shuffled his inventory. Technically, this first meeting is a scripted event. He always spawns here first. Now he’s moved onto his role of being a traveling merchant in the city. He will always be blasting his jaunty tune (of which he has like four variations of including one where he’s just happily humming along and one where he seems to have forgotten the words and just wings it.)

The best part about the humming version is how, at the end of his song, he lets out this really spirited yeahhhh and it's all very very :kimchi:

Is there somewhere you can get all the versions, by the way?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
*Big dramatic moment with a sad, somber soundtra...*
"Every day's a sale, every sale's a win!"

drat you Emil!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

LordAba posted:

*Big dramatic moment with a sad, somber soundtra...*
"Every day's a sale, every sale's a win!"

Bless you Emil!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Id, as much as I would like not to bring it up, the version of Emil's theme you put up as instrumental, doesn't seem very instrumental. Is Emil still supposed to be singing during the instrumental version? I'm actually asking.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's just no way that every day's going to be great for Emil now that he's back in a game, though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I really wonder if the "Every day's great" bit of the song is a purposeful nod to Persona 4.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Qrr posted:

Yeah even Anemone's line about business for Yorha is misleading, because the majority of the sidequests are not for yorha, they're for the resistance or various machines and whatnot.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

He will always be blasting his jaunty tune (of which he has like four variations of including one where he’s just happily humming along and one where he seems to have forgotten the words and just wings it.)

I love being on Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 5. It's like riding a tiger, its thrilling, epic, and if you dare fall off you're doomed to a Drakengard(!) Weapon Story fate.

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

Emil...Emil! :argh:

As much as I love the goof he was one hell of an annoyance towards the end of the game when I was trying to finish upgrading all my weapons. You have the choice of screwing with reloads and running back and forth until Emil decides to appear where you want and with the correct inventory for materials or to go genocide more to hopefully get the drops you need to fully upgrade your weapons. Sometimes I felt like just killing everything robotic in the tristate area would of been quicker than the amount of reloads it took while trying to remember the exact amount of crap I needed to obtain still. :shepicide:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FeyerbrandX posted:

I love being on Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 5. It's like riding a tiger, its thrilling, epic, and if you dare fall off you're doomed to a Drakengard(!) Weapon Story fate.

Excuse you.

Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 4. He had almost nothing to do with that abomination that is Drakengard 2. Just Video Editing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Excuse you.

Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 4. He had almost nothing to do with that abomination that is Drakengard 2. Just Video Editing.

You misunderstand, Taro Yoko is the kind of person who would release 20 doom boars on a school and label them 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 14, 23 and 38, a prank with at least 3 layers of fun in it, including pissing off the math teacher trying to find a pattern in it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

You misunderstand, Taro Yoko is the kind of person who would release 20 doom boars on a school and label them 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 14, 23 and 38, a prank with at least 3 layers of fun in it, including pissing off the math teacher trying to find a pattern in it.

Well, good news, I'm not a math teacher but it pissed me off.

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

Do my ears deceive me, or is there a Doppler effect to Emil's song? It sounds like it's higher pitched when he's driving towards you, and lower pitched when he's driving away.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FeyerbrandX posted:

Drakengard 3 was going to be named Drakengard 4, with the characters in the game trying to figure out what happened to 3.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Emil is the goddamn best :kimchi:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

How did he get a truck? And a robot arm? And so much stuff? Last we saw, he was just a head rolling around.

Nevermind, it's just awesome.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Sessile posted:

Do my ears deceive me, or is there a Doppler effect to Emil's song? It sounds like it's higher pitched when he's driving towards you, and lower pitched when he's driving away.
Yeah, people have mentioned it in other places. Of all the details to put in...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jet Jaguar posted:

How did he get a truck? And a robot arm? And so much stuff? Last we saw, he was just a head rolling around.

Well, it's Emil, so there's a simple answer: magic!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

2B doesn’t have a time for the repeat of when 6O found out about kittens up uploaded 19 gigs of footage across 127 emails into 2B’s inbox.
"And"

The Dark Id posted:

Only two of ‘em so they can slowly sweep an entire area with laser attacks.
I found this really hard to parse. Are you saying that only two of them are enough to totally lock down the area, or that they aren't threatening when there's only two of them?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

White Coke posted:

"And"

I found this really hard to parse. Are you saying that only two of them are enough to totally lock down the area, or that they aren't threatening when there's only two of them?

It has two laser arms, and it fires them in a sweeping motion to cover a large area.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The whole thing with Emil kind of annoys me, because I got really unlucky and never saw him until I had like two sidequests left in the entire game. I think at one point I heard his theme a bit but had no idea what it was, so I didn't think to look on the map.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Momomo posted:

The whole thing with Emil kind of annoys me, because I got really unlucky and never saw him until I had like two sidequests left in the entire game. I think at one point I heard his theme a bit but had no idea what it was, so I didn't think to look on the map.

There's literally no luck involved, he always spawns in that exact spot 100% of the time until you meet him. You just never walked over there for some reason, even though there's a sidequest right next to there.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I went straight for the story mission and missed Emil completely on my first playthrough.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Jet Jaguar posted:

Last time you saw him it was 9000 years ago. I think that's enough time to make a cart with a jukebox.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Qrr posted:

Last time you saw him it was 9000 years ago. I think that's enough time to make a cart with a jukebox.

Even with no hands? Or limbs?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Qrr posted:

We saw him five minutes ago in the forest castle and he rolled away, just a head.

Anyway, he probably jacked another machine body to build his cart and then ditched it so wandering homicidal androids wouldn't attack him again.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Renoistic posted:

I went straight for the story mission and missed Emil completely on my first playthrough.

I completely missed the blacksmith in the castle until after I beat the last ending. I kept thinking the game was going to keep going since I didn't have level 4 weapons yet.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Twitch posted:

I completely missed the blacksmith in the castle until after I beat the last ending. I kept thinking the game was going to keep going since I didn't have level 4 weapons yet.

This is kind of amazing to me because you can hear a hammer and anvil outside on that entire screen.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Eopia posted:

There's literally no luck involved, he always spawns in that exact spot 100% of the time until you meet him. You just never walked over there for some reason, even though there's a sidequest right next to there.

The sidequest there is Father Servo and I always came from the south to jump onto his building, otherwise there's no reason not to just teleport everywhere. I just happened to never see or hear Emil every time I went to him.

END ME SCOOB posted:

This is kind of amazing to me because you can hear a hammer and anvil outside on that entire screen.

I heard it too and even saw the block you had to pull, but couldn't figure out how to get to him. I think I saw someone mention it was a resolution problem, because when actually standing next to the block the camera no longer showed it, and trying to pull the block wasn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
this link has every version (I think)
just look out for related videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJnwWRuJR8w

• Locked thread