Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm using a 1070 and approaching the Raubahn dogpile makes my client really unstable and it will usually crash eventually. I never had issues displaying the max number of players before 4.0 though

Instability would probably be CPU related, not GPU. My 1060 has no problems, but my CPU gets under heavy load if I go over medium character display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Palace of the Dead is completely dead again, disconnected me twice upon attempting to load it, both times resulting in huge queues. It started at 1,150 this time.

This. I guess I'll go try and grind FATEs for a while.

PotD might be faster but not if I have to deal with random disconnects and queues. Really wish the queue had a fast-track for recent disconnects.

Edit: And now I just tried to reconnect, immediately 90k, and kicked back to the queue. I get it SE, you don't want me in an instance right now. I'll do my best to get out if you'll let me.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 17, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

like father like son: if you get past raubahn's wall, pipin's got another one for you on the cliffside

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Minrad posted:

like father like son: if you get past raubahn's wall, pipin's got another one for you on the cliffside

awesome how you should skip cut scenes to be able to play the game.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Minrad posted:

Yeah, it 90k's me too when it doesn't work so it's doubly annoying.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm using a 1070 and approaching the Raubahn dogpile makes my client really unstable and it will usually crash eventually. I never had issues displaying the max number of players before 4.0 though

My 1070 drops to 50ish fps at most - check your drivers. (performance should stay high because of culling)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Minrad posted:

Instability would probably be CPU related, not GPU. My 1060 has no problems, but my CPU gets under heavy load if I go over medium character display.

that could be it, my CPU is a bit older

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeesh I'm glad I'm at a level where $15 doesn't make or break me. That's like coffee money for a week or so.

No, as I said, I literally could spend $15, but I'd be taking that from funds that are already set aside for other things, like new tires for my car and such I need to buy.

I just didn't plan out i'd need 45+15, but $45. There's a difference.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Made it past Raubahn, thought things would get better, but nope, there's just a handful of fetch quests and then you get another story battle. It's really astounding how badly they hosed this up.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

that could be it, my CPU is a bit older

It's probably your CPU yeah. I used to get nasty crashes when I was playing on a 980ti and an overclocked piece of poo poo CPU in crowded spots, but upgrading to a current gen CPU fixed it completely.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Finished the Heavensward MSQ! AHHHHHH

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

stormblood MSQ does not gently caress around at all

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

W H Y

It comes not long after the MSQ split, so not long after Best Served with Cold Steel. Doing this with Pipin somehow makes it even worse.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

queeb posted:

stormblood MSQ does not gently caress around at all

Yeah I loved the big dramatic cutscene followed by

quote:

[21:42]A system error occurred during event movement.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I need the Fairly Odd Parents "When do we get the expansion?" "This is the expansion!" meme right quick. The Aldynn family is dead to me.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Guys the expansion is super good

rip stance dancing I don't miss you one fuckin bit

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

UHD posted:

Guys the expansion is super good

rip stance dancing I don't miss you one fuckin bit

RIP using stoneskin II between pulls. They replaced doing something with doing nothing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I can't wait for you guys to get to the Susano fight.

That boss is so loving fun.

But dear god DO NOT RUN IT WITH PUBBIES. That fight is going to be a goddamn pubbie destroyer.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I love the look of my Red Potato

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

is yoshida gonna cry at the next live letter

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Mordiceius posted:

I can't wait for you guys to get to the Susano fight.

That boss is so loving fun.

But dear god DO NOT RUN IT WITH PUBBIES. That fight is going to be a goddamn pubbie destroyer.

I hope it can stay like that until I manage to drag sam into the 60's but they will probably nerf it into the ground as soon as people start complaining

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hommando posted:

RIP using stoneskin II between pulls. They replaced doing something with doing nothing.

They replaced doing nothing with also doing nothing, but 6 seconds faster.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hommando posted:

stoneskin was garbage and I'm glad you can't keep trying to temper me to titan with it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad SS2 is dead because every bad white mage would start off a dungeon by slowcasting it and then yelling at me for not waiting for protect.

If only protect could get the same treatment.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The best thing stoneskin was ever for was driving pubbie honest healers up the wall by constantly clicking it off.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Hommando posted:

I never had stoneskin so I never did anything between pulls anyway, except maybe draw/spread/RR. But now I can do more things easier during combat, when things matter.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I made it through the first dungeon, and I was wondering if anyone could explain how to avoid the running around thing and the blue pools. Everything was easy enough that nobody knowing the mechanics was fine, but it would still be good to know for future reference.

In other news, the most recent error that booted me out of the game came from taking a screenshot, so the game is still finding new and exciting ways to gently caress up.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 17, 2017

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
There's been no word yet on when server transfers will be re-enabled, right?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I made it through the first dungeon, and I was wondering if anyone could explain how to avoid the running around thing and the blue pools. Everything was easy enough that nobody knowing the mechanics was fine, but it would still be good to know for future reference.

Retreat makes you run straight backwards, advance makes you run straight forward, angle yourself for either one so that you don't end up in a pool

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Waci posted:

There's been no word yet on when server transfers will be re-enabled, right?
It probably would require the servers to actually be functioning first.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Carmant posted:

I hope it can stay like that until I manage to drag sam into the 60's but they will probably nerf it into the ground as soon as people start complaining

Yeah. The fight isn't a joke. I don't remember what ilvl gear we had but it was a full set of lvl 63 green dungeon gear. We were hauling rear end on DPS and still we cutting it uncomfortably close on the DPS check.

You only need one failure on that DPS check to know if your group is in for a long series of retries all ending in failure.

The DPS check reminded me of a more extreme version of Bismarck's carapace.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Why is this so much worse than Heavenward's launch? Things should have gotten better not worse.

Heads should roll for this. Also we should get some extra days.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Red Red Blue posted:

Retreat makes you run straight backwards, advance makes you run straight forward, angle yourself for either one so that you don't end up in a pool

That makes a lot of sense. I guess actually paying attention to the names of abilities might help... I somehow got a comm as a dps despite not figuring that out.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Ither posted:

Why is this so much worse than Heavenward's launch? Things should have gotten better not worse.

yoshida should be fired imo

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Minrad posted:

updated drivers? problems in other games?

Most recent and the version just before, and no problems in other games, this wasn't happening before maintenance, yes, I already checked and submitted a bug report. Alas.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 17, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Most recent, and no problems in other games, yes, I already checked and submitted a bug report. Alas.

RIP.

directx 9 client maybe?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That will just kill performance even more. there's a reason why we collectively moved to DX11. I mean, I could test it for science, but really, I tanked all of ICC10 on sub-15 FPS, I don't want to have to play my MMOs like that ever again.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Everything was fine until I hit instanced quests in the ARR MSQ line. gently caress me.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ither posted:

I'm gobsmacked, but as I recall there was a mandatory instance in HW as well, wasn't there? Why didn't this happen then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Injuryprone posted:

Everything was fine until I hit instanced quests in the ARR MSQ line. gently caress me.

This is what MMO hell is.