Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, I'm afraid the next chapter of this adventure is going to be dickless. I've tried to ask if he's interested in coming back, but have yet to get a straight answer.

And now that he's doing his meth hobo roleplay, it's looking even more unlikely.

Which is unfortunate, because I could really use his expertise and also I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knows how this thing is wired.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knows how this thing is wired.

I pretty much lurk here and was lurking in his thread, and I have to admit that this is a concern of mine. While I don't intend to be ugly, but I've been a little concerned over what you'll find when you go back to see his work.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The work will be good, I'm thinking. It's just that going back to ANYBODY'S wiring, even your own, is usually hell.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The work will be good, I'm thinking. It's just that going back to ANYBODY'S wiring, even your own, is usually hell.

I'm sure it's probably fine.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Looks good to me

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Standard GM stuff.
OK, fine - GM puts a little more tape on it.

edit: usually.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Hey at least now you don't have to spend hours peeling the tape off to find what goes where. Bring some zip ties.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ExplodingSims posted:

And now that he's doing his meth hobo roleplay, it's looking even more unlikely.

Looks like I need to follow more threads

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Looks like I need to follow more threads

I don't think he's posting here anymore.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Midjack posted:

I don't think he's posting here anymore.

He still posts to the Facebook group but we don't "understand" him, and since we stopped (or at least, reduced) our enabling, he won't post here much anymore.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

beep-beep car is go posted:

He still posts to the Facebook group but we don't "understand" him, and since we stopped (or at least, reduced) our enabling, he won't post here much anymore.

What is the fb group? I am friends with Dave on fb

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/?ref=bookmarks

Basically AI but you can see what we all look like now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/?ref=bookmarks

Basically AI but you can see what we all look like now.

At least I'm trying to not look disgusting anymore so you're all welcome for that!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks, I'm in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

Thanks, I'm in.

Sorry about my face.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, I'm afraid the next chapter of this adventure is going to be dickless.

What, no BYOD? :awesome:

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My last communication with 14.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Panaflex posted:

My last communication with 14.

Added imgur stuff.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I'm legitimately distraught over what's going on with Dave, I hope he gets his poo poo together and doesn't end up on the street. :(

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cached Money posted:

and doesn't end up on the street. :(

About that...

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Lots of us care, but enough Davechat in here, yeah? We can have a thread for that, but let's focus on the truck and ExplodingSims in this one. :glomp:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Most truck plz

What's the plan to get this thing on the road, are you driving it back to FL I'd the auto gods allow?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yes it's true. This truck has no Dick.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

This truck shall carry Sims through the gates of Valhalla regardless of which War Boy maintains it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
If this thing gets to FL, Im personally vested enough at this point to help provide meat and beer or some sad knuckles to bust on it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I still want to help but I wont ask for money to do so and I blew all mine so that's why I'm out

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

DICK DICER posted:

I still want to help but I wont ask for money to do so and I blew all mine so that's why I'm out

... Yeah

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I hope you get better Dave.

I wanna see the truck move ES

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey it so it turns out if you leave something sitting in a field for a year nature kinda takes over:

Guess all that extra iron there really helped the grass grow :v:

Are you on site with this, or are these just recon pictures you received?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Seminal Flu posted:

Are you on site with this, or are these just recon pictures you received?

Those are just some pics Dan snapped on his last trip out there. I'm not out there.....yet.

tater_salad posted:

Most truck plz

What's the plan to get this thing on the road, are you driving it back to FL I'd the auto gods allow?

Well, most of the hard work is done at this point, the engine works, but it doesn't stop. So the brake situation needs to be fixed, but otherwise, yes, I totally plan to drive it. But, if things don't work out, the offer to trailer it has been made. But, hopefully, that won't be the case. But, at this point, it's just: replace the rear cylinders, run some new brake line for them, fix the pedal situation, and finish the exhaust.

DICK DICER posted:

And you know, the offer for you to finish this is still on the table. I'd very much appreciate the help, if you do manage to scratch up enough for a bus ticket or travel or whatever the plan might be. You put the most work into it, you deserve to see it to the finish line. Plus, I need someone with you expertise to help with the tire situation. I would very much like to have a full set of 6 on this things. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

So on the return trip to out there, you renting a car or what? I'm guessing that flying is out of budget, and you're probably not doing greyhound again (lol).

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm not really sure, flying isn't really that expensive compared to driving, and the nearest airport is only 2 hours away. I'm still kinda figuring that out though.

gently caress Greyhound for sure though. That's never happening again.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm not really sure, flying isn't really that expensive compared to driving, and the nearest airport is only 2 hours away. I'm still kinda figuring that out though.

gently caress Greyhound for sure though. That's never happening again.

Everyone I know who's used it even once (including myself) has never had a good experience with them. I'm sure it was great when it was the only practical way to get across several states for cheap but these days, buying a Greyhound ticket is like paying too much for a ticket on the world's worst carnival ride. It's hot, sticky, smells like vomit and body odor, obnoxious people are all around you, and the thing is for drat sure gonna break down at least twice during the ride.

Amtrak is marginally better but only because you can sneak booze onboard and get wasted to pass the time and nobody gives a poo poo.

Anyway, I'm standing by, ready to send out various Mexican snacks and candies if you need morale boosters while you're working. Can't do much for parts or tools, but it sounds like you've got all that taken care of, or at least have a plan in mind. I guess there's a Harbor Freight in town if you want me to send you some poo poo you can dump unceremoniously in the field after you use it once and it breaks :v:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I just moved to the greater Orlando area (Longwood) and if it ever makes it back home, I would be glad to help work on it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I want back in.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
need blood tests

to make sure there's enough to give to the truck

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hail Satan and the abhorrent pretender to his luminance, 14 Inch.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Blood in, blood out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Blood in, blood out.