Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
someone said excal had a ~5 minute rollback

rip that dude on 2.0 MSQ

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Office Pig posted:

Queue just advanced by... ten people.

Think I'll do something else for a while.

Mine got to the end and then it just said world server not found.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I really hope this is a copied Reddit post :stare:

christ

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

panda clue posted:

if you beat ff9 in 12 hours you unlocked a sword called Excalibur II

Just Hades, though the rest of the story would take less than an hour after that. I bought the infamous playonline guide as a child and got so angry that all the online stuff was removed so quickly that I never saw it. Was a reason ever given for why they pulled it (I think I checked before FFX came out, even) so early?

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
Raub and Pip still broken, fwiw. Don't get your hopes up when you get back in.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

did a frontline, everyone d/ced except for the femroes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just depressed. Even if I get past Raubahn eventually, I could just end up with the Susano bug, rendering my character completely unplayable with the devs saying they won't have a fix for several days.

What's even the point of trying to play this expansion anymore... I was so excited, too. I really, really wanted to finally see the Xaela homeland in Othard. I wanted to charge into a new MMO expansion with all my friends for the first time in a long time. And that's not happening now because the lucky few who got through Raubahn yesterday are way ahead and I just... gently caress. Yeah, yeah, "go do something else you loser." Don't bother replying with it. I'm doing other things. I'm just really loving sad because I loved this game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chakan posted:

Just Hades, though the rest of the story would take less than an hour after that. I bought the infamous playonline guide as a child and got so angry that all the online stuff was removed so quickly that I never saw it. Was a reason ever given for why they pulled it (I think I checked before FFX came out, even) so early?
Lich, not Hades. Hades is optional. The sword is hidden just after the Lich fight.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

HelloPlatypus posted:

Raub and Pip still broken, fwiw. Don't get your hopes up when you get back in.

yeah the instance servers are shared by data center, not by realm.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Minrad posted:

did a frontline, everyone d/ced except for the femroes

Did you win?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Same here, so disappointed that I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and just uninstalled the game, cancelling my service account. I already decided 2 weeks ago to do this but a friend convinced me to stay (even though I've played since 2013 and am burned out). I'm not in any rush to do the MSQ so wanted to just level last night, but non stop 90k's in the middle of dungeons, then back to a 1500 person queue, so frustrating. For me it's SE's complete silence and lack of any support or updates at all that drives me crazy. It's like they could really care less. Then I LOVE the people defending them by saying "You didn't pay for early access..." Like excuse me?? That's like buying a car, and them saying "If you buy it before Friday, we'll include the snow tires for free." Then you get the car and there's no snow tires, and when you complain they say "well it's not like you PAID for them anyway, just deal with it." Like give me a break.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Just killed Susano, but I was the one who died.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Did you win?

I think the game ended and we had 150 score to some other group's 1600 that had what looked like everyone

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Same here, so disappointed that I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and just uninstalled the game, cancelling my service account. I already decided 2 weeks ago to do this but a friend convinced me to stay (even though I've played since 2013 and am burned out). I'm not in any rush to do the MSQ so wanted to just level last night, but non stop 90k's in the middle of dungeons, then back to a 1500 person queue, so frustrating. For me it's SE's complete silence and lack of any support or updates at all that drives me crazy. It's like they could really care less. Then I LOVE the people defending them by saying "You didn't pay for early access..." Like excuse me?? That's like buying a car, and them saying "If you buy it before Friday, we'll include the snow tires for free." Then you get the car and there's no snow tires, and when you complain they say "well it's not like you PAID for them anyway, just deal with it." Like give me a break.

Source your quotes

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
meanwhile, on omega

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Tekne posted:

Just killed Susano, but I was the one who died.

did you get the susano bug where you get dced and cant log back in

strong bird
May 12, 2009

loving entitled paying customers.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Failboattootoot posted:

Nevermind now I need to do some testing!

Elaborate?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

meanwhile, on omega

Yeah, but this is like bragging about rent being cheaper in bumfuck nowhere. Sure, you live cheap, but the rest of us get to be in a real place.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://github.com/NamelessFaceless/raubahnskip Here is an autohotkey script. I wish I knew how to edit since the script goes too fast and skips the cutscene too early so I have to keep hitting esc.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Started again after quitting early during ARR release. I managed to get to 50 and get my relic+1. My next highest job is 26. Is it worth starting again? I have no clue where I am in the MSQ and I looked around and there was a ton of stuff I needed to unlock. Plus I have no idea where to go and get reacquainted with the game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Speaking of Omega, what's the story with that free gametime? Just make a new character there and get it to 30, right? Might do this while the servers are exploding.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Haha wow the queue is up to 3.3k. It seems to move at a decent clip though.

If there's a rollback I think I'll be okay, I just did Susano but I'm pretty sure the cutscenes after alone took more than 5 mins. Good luck goons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't rejoin for the expansion, my girlfriend and I just decided to play again because we had time. We had no idea the expansion was happening lmao.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, but this is like bragging about rent being cheaper in bumfuck nowhere. Sure, you live cheap, but the rest of us get to be in a real place.

What matters though is how many people the FC can attract. Sure Excalibur is big and cool, but it could lose everyone outside goon FCs and be as good if not better.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Subbz posted:

Started again after quitting early during ARR release. I managed to get to 50 and get my relic+1. My next highest job is 26. Is it worth starting again? I have no clue where I am in the MSQ and I looked around and there was a ton of stuff I needed to unlock. Plus I have no idea where to go and get reacquainted with the game.

It's worth playing, but not right now. Come back in like a week or two, maybe. Or rather don't worry about doing anything super serious because odds are any dungeon/instance you try to do will crash out.

Just pick a job that you think looks cool and do it. Do FATEs, dungeons, read up on Palace of the Dead. Tons of stuff to do. You have all that main story quest done so you don't have to slog through that. There is plenty more slog to do after that without having to go through 2.0 again.

They also made this site as a basic job resource.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

Here is a cheat sheet for your hunting logs.
http://dimensionaldeath.com/index.php?page=huntinglogs

Here is a site showing all the Main Story Quests. You can find out where you are.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests

Givin fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 17, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Shy posted:

What matters though is how many people the FC can attract. Sure Excalibur is big and cool, but it could lose everyone outside goon FCs and be as good if not better.

Goons are just pubbies who paid $10 to read a forum

Givin posted:

It's worth playing, but not right now. Come back in like a week or two, maybe.

When you come back, just pick a job that you think looks cool and do it. Do FATEs, dungeons, read up on Palace of the Dead. Tons of stuff to do. You have all that main story quest done so you don't have to slog through that. There is plenty more slog to do after that without having to go through 2.0 again.

This is good advice, if things with these bottleneck quests go as they have in the past it will take a little while for everyone to squeeze through and for the server to get back to normal.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

Goons are just pubbies who paid $10 to read a forum

Yea but they're in the same guild

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Except me because I'm afraid of discord

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Subbz posted:

You may or may not want to start a new character to quickly re-familiarize yourself with the game before jumping back to your main character, but don't just give up and restart. ARR + however far you got into 2.x isn't really worth doing over, especially since you gain nothing and nothing meaningfully changes between characters.

Besides, you'll probably pick the game back up way, way quicker than you're thinking.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Disconnected again, 3.1k player queue

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leal posted:

Disconnected again, 3.1k player queue

dont do this to me

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

If it weren't for the fact that the Chaos data centre is the most densely populated of all of them you'd be right.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

meanwhile, on omega

i'll deal with temporary headaches for a server that won't be dead in 6 months :shrug:

E: also Europe(?)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

If it weren't for the fact that the Chaos data centre is the most densely populated of all of them you'd be right.

lotta people living in moscow

doesn't mean I'd want to do more than visit

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cathead posted:

It does buff the DoT, actually.

I thought it did and had people constantly telling me it only affected the initial hit and not the DoT so I figured I was wrong. Sonsabitches. :argh:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

meanwhile, on omega

Played most of the day on Odin totally great as well, though the queues got pretty long (2-3k+) towards peak time from what I hear. Susano went down on the first try without issue, a lot of time was spent diving in the giant-rear end Ruby Sea and I even got to briefly see the mountains of Yanxia. No disconnects or other issues at any point, and apparently people are doing Raubahn and Pipin just fine too.

So I guess gently caress you got mine and all that, hope everyone'll get to enjoy the expansion proper soon because it's been pretty cool so far.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

So far I've gotten RDM to 60 from FATE grinding (when instance servers in general were hosed and not just solo ones) and PotD and haven't had enough time to do much else because of other obligations. I hope the MSQ woes are lessened when I manage to get around to playing tonight!

Otherwise I'll just relax while doing other not-MSQ content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

lotta people living in moscow

doesn't mean I'd want to do more than visit

my dude it is Literally The Same Game