Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I thought it did and had people constantly telling me it only affected the initial hit and not the DoT so I figured I was wrong. Sonsabitches. :argh:

people jumped to conclusions and the misinformation spread like wildfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

my dude it is Literally The Same Game

Yea but with more Europeans.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2,476 person queue

what is going on with this game

strong bird
May 12, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

It doesn't work

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

A lot of people are trying to play it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

people just can't stop talking about raubahn, so people are coming to check it out

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Conskill posted:

You may or may not want to start a new character to quickly re-familiarize yourself with the game before jumping back to your main character, but don't just give up and restart. ARR + however far you got into 2.x isn't really worth doing over, especially since you gain nothing and nothing meaningfully changes between characters.

Besides, you'll probably pick the game back up way, way quicker than you're thinking.

The main thing I'm worried about is will there be any dungeon or duty stuff that I'll miss if I continue with my old character? I suppose it won't matter because I can always go back with other jobs for lower level stuff.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Subbz posted:

The main thing I'm worried about is will there be any dungeon or duty stuff that I'll miss if I continue with my old character? I suppose it won't matter because I can always go back with other jobs for lower level stuff.

No that's not possible.

And the game now has a "Next Story Quest Here" button

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

Based on the last page they did a quick reset and a 5-min rollback maybe who knows? Excalibur went down and the Discord exploded with goons as we all shrieked in unison "404, 404" into the mid-afternoon sky

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

Based on the last page they did a quick reset and a 5-min rollback maybe who knows? Excalibur went down and the Discord exploded with goons as we all shrieked in unison "404, 404" into the mid-afternoon sky

Well as long as it fixed the problem

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Hahahaha. I'm sure it fixed the problem, and wasn't just a symptom of something else catching on fire, yes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Half or more of the playerbase still being gated behind a 61 quest is really loving bad, even aside from the more normal lag and disconnecting. People keep trying to defend it by pointing to bad launches by other games, but the most relevant comparison here is Heavensward, which was super good compared to this. For whatever reason, they poo poo the bed this time, and it's okay to admit that. Howling at the moon in rage won't fix it, but neither will being condescending to people who are upset.

Ainsley McTree posted:

lol

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I really hope this is a copied Reddit post :stare:

As.. uh... fascinating as that post is, I could totally see Mrhappy repeatedly thinking in his head "The Lord has chosen ME!!" when he found out about the Cold Steel issue.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sinteres posted:

Half or more of the playerbase still being gated behind a 61 quest is really loving bad, even aside from the more normal lag and disconnecting. People keep trying to defend it by pointing to bad launches by other games, but the most relevant comparison here is Heavensward, which was super good compared to this. For whatever reason, they poo poo the bed this time, and it's okay to admit that. Howling at the moon in rage won't fix it, but neither will being condescending to people who are upset.

lol

Its got to be well over 90% because while theres close to 1k in that area theres only 1 or 2 people in the othard zones according to people that have made it that far.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Its got to be well over 90% because while theres close to 1k in that area theres only 1 or 2 people in the othard zones according to people that have made it that far.

Ruby Sea isn't totally dead, but yeah it's definitely much emptier than the pre-gated content. I was being generous, and I guess it doesn't occur to me until it's mentioned that not having every quest npc swarmed with players is a bad sign.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I know a few dozen people in game. One has gotten past the second trial quest, a few have gotten past Ruabahn. A bunch have been playing since servers came up in the morning on Friday, and have been stuck since then.

It'd be nice if only half the game population was stuck.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Alright, I'mma go play on Omega for a bit, get that 15 day sub and help grind up FC marks. Where's the goonhouse again?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't get passed Xelphatol so it could be worse.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

8-Bit Scholar posted:

2,476 person queue

Hi SE,

Mr Happy here. Other players are queuing for MY next solo instance and it's really hampering my progression. If I'm unable to move on then how can I continue churning out insightful and enticing content to attract more and more players to your game? Please shut the server down and open it up just for me so I can continue putting in hard work for you.

Sincerely,
A huge human being.

In other news, PVP rewards are brokenly good. You get all this poo poo and you don't even have to play this game. I'm getting 700k XP and 50 poetics just for typing this post. They should really nerf this but I doubt they will. PVP is the new PotD, at least for 60+.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

panda clue
May 23, 2014

kaempfer0080 posted:

Sincerely,
A huge human being.

Does MrHappy actually do anything terrible aside from making super verbose videos to attract this goon hate, or is it just goons being goony?

also lol homophobia in 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

To my knowledge, no, which makes that post extra awful/hilarious

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
he is a popular youtuber therefore i cannot stand him :)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I mean this isn't launch so the fact that us plebs get to play* at all is a blessing frankly, even if we did pay for the license to do so.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The worst thing I know of that Mr.Happy did was try and cheat at Fanfest a couple of years back. They had a "Do a 2.X EX Primal at i90!" as a challenge. Apparently Mr. Happy got that particular challenge and tried to cheat by not actually equipping the i90 and instead staying in the default i100 gear on the toon they give you.

Still not even close to a reason to call him a human being.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Has any of the datamining so far included new fish? Trying to find Miounnefish for a GC turnin. Says Black Shroud but I don't know of any fishing spots in that region that could have a level 60+ fish.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Yes, believe everyone that's said it. PvP is the poo poo. I wish I could use these skills in pve content lol

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
PVP's been pretty great. The biggest issue is I can only ever queue for one before I get an hour long stream of 90002 errors.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Everyone's praising pvp so I thought I'd try.
Reminder: PvP is also instanced content :bang:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Speaking of PvP, I really liked the feast in 3.x the few times I tried so hearing it's better makes me quite happy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shy posted:

Everyone's praising pvp so I thought I'd try.
Reminder: PvP is also instanced content :bang:

yeaaah i just crashed trying to frontline

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

The worst thing I know of that Mr.Happy did was try and cheat at Fanfest a couple of years back. They had a "Do a 2.X EX Primal at i90!" as a challenge. Apparently Mr. Happy got that particular challenge and tried to cheat by not actually equipping the i90 and instead staying in the default i100 gear on the toon they give you.

Still not even close to a reason to call him a human being.

I heard it was more that the challenge wheel was on "do the fight without equipping left side chest/pants pieces", and he tried to move the wheel to the easier "do the fight with an ilvl cap" while the coordinator wasn't looking.

In front of a huge crowd of people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

panda clue posted:

Does MrHappy actually do anything terrible aside from making super verbose videos to attract this goon hate, or is it just goons being goony?

also lol homophobia in 2017

Hes really annoying on his twitch stream.

Hes almost hit 70 and is like the only person in the othard zones.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
For PvP are people doing Feast or just like, Frontline roulette?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I really wish that people who got disconnected had their server slot reserved for a few minutes. Nothing like getting randomly booted from a Frontline match right at the end, and then having a 1000 man queue in front of you to log back in

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Zerilan posted:

Has any of the datamining so far included new fish? Trying to find Miounnefish for a GC turnin. Says Black Shroud but I don't know of any fishing spots in that region that could have a level 60+ fish.

I can't remember exactly where I found one but it was either in the stream near the MSQ cockblock in the first zone or in one of the spots in Ralger's Reach.

I've been looking for the 61 fish for the collectible.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I heard shatter was the best xp/time for pvp, but I had a 30 minute queue when I tried to join it before the big DC.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Zerilan posted:

For PvP are people doing Feast or just like, Frontline roulette?

I've only done Frontline. Skill use feels very intuitive straight out the gate, allowing you to think more tactically. So as someone who kinda felt intimidated by the Feast before I'm more inclined to try it now.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ghostinmyshell posted:

I can't remember exactly where I found one but it was either in the stream near the MSQ cockblock in the first zone or in one of the spots in Ralger's Reach.

I've been looking for the 61 fish for the collectible.

Salmon Roe as the bait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Zerilan posted:

Salmon Roe as the bait?

Yup! I only got one felt rare compared to the other stuff I was getting