Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got a new one now.

Completed a MSQ dungeon no problem, but it didn't trigger quest completion after and dumped me into Mist.

This isn't even in expansion content.

Edit: Teleporting to Dragonhead triggered cutscene and credit.

I don't know if it's Dragonhead specifically because the dungeon is in that zone, or just that it was the first non-city area I'd gone to.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Leal posted:

Yep, I'm now stuck in a 90k loop. Get in queue, get to front, 90k. Game ever so briefly goes black screen before disconnecting me.

:same:

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

It's 9AM in Japan now. Maybe we'll see some kind of update.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Everyone getting chain-DC'd after the queue: You won't be able to log in until the instance expires. For lots of things that's 90 minutes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kaempfer0080 posted:

Everyone getting chain-DC'd after the queue: You won't be able to log in until the instance expires. For lots of things that's 90 minutes.

Man, if I ever get back in I'm just gonna spam fates the entire drat time and doing whatever collectable gathering I can.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ither posted:

It's 9AM in Japan now. Maybe we'll see some kind of update.

don't count on it

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

kaempfer0080 posted:

If this is right then that means that I literally made it into the Raubahn instance only to be immediately DC'd and possibly stuck in the instance.

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

kaempfer0080 posted:

Not necessarily, I got stuck a few times and could relogin much faster.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sword_man.gif posted:

don't count on it

Theyve actually been decent with updates, theyre just all either "whoops, we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do right now" or "we'll fix it in a few days".

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

MechaX posted:

If this is right then that means that I literally made it into the Raubahn instance only to be immediately DC'd and possibly stuck in the instance.

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

I got owned by this trying to finish up heavensward :v. loving warriors of darkness killing my server!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MechaX posted:

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

also Same, and supposedly that means we're also occupying that instance and other people can't get in now either lol

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ither posted:

Not to be all :tinfoil: but are any of the big FF14 streamers having problems?

the only person who regularly streams ffxiv is mr happy and he gets like 500 viewers without xpac hype

maybe pvp will change that but this game has a very very lovely online presence given it's popularity and success.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

Theyve actually been decent with updates, theyre just all either "whoops, we're sorry, but there's nothing we can do right now" or "we'll fix it in a few days".

yeah i mean "don't expect anything to get fixed" because the most we'll probably get is "workin on it"

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

MechaX posted:

I...

Wow.. Just Wow.

I think that's exactly why the Raubauhn one is as hosed as it is. People keep getting DCd when zoning in and then that slot is occupied for a full 90 minutes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

kaempfer0080 posted:

I think that's exactly why the Raubauhn one is as hosed as it is. People keep getting DCd when zoning in and then that slot is occupied for a full 90 minutes.

that would be funny

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Last night I noticed FFXIV had a viewer count of about 18,000 on twitch, when in general it struggles to hit 3k.

I wonder how long that lasted. Sitting at about 8,000 right now, and all the main streamers I recognize are sitting at level 70 doing stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't do the palace.

Unless there are some amazing FATE trains somewhere, POTD is going to be the fastest way to go from 50-60.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Last night I noticed FFXIV had a viewer count of about 18,000 on twitch, when in general it struggles to hit 3k.

I wonder how long that lasted. Sitting at about 8,000 right now, and all the main streamers I recognize are sitting at level 70 doing stuff.

there are a lot of people just streaming the expansion. some streamers i follow for their general content are just streaming expansion hype stuff. i think itmejp had like 4k viewers and he mostly streams like tabletop rpg sessions, so it's hilarious to me that he would get more viewers than the de-facto ffxiv streamer

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think a couple bigger variety streamers were streaming the game last night/earlier today, too

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unless there are some amazing FATE trains somewhere, POTD is going to be the fastest way to go from 50-60.

I did most of my 50-60 on RDM in FATE trains in Corethas Western, Churning Mists and Hinterlands. Had little trouble finding FATE parties or just throwing one up myself and attracting folks. I also did hunts, beast tribe quests, and some POTD, but I get bored really fast with POTD so I probably only did a total of 10 runs or so.

Then I went to do my RDM 60 quest and got trapped in 90002 hell when I disconnected from the duty.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
got into potd, immediately 9k errored out, got back in, waited in an 800 person queue, got in, immediately 9k'd again, now i'm in a 700 person queue

don't do palace

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I was feeling a little bad that I would be on vacation in Portland during the early access period and thus would miss the first blush of bloody storms.

Ahahaha, whoops, no.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Made it back into the game somehow, right in front of Raubahn's glaring, smug self. Tried to enter his instance again, and I ended up getting back to back hard crashes with an ffxiv.exe error I have never actually seen before.

I'll admit, this is my first MMO. I knew going in that there would be some drops and some queues. I mean, that's pretty much how HW's launch was for me. But I'm slowly starting to see that HW's launch may have just been a fluke given these other MMO launch horror stories, let alone the fuckery that has been going on for the last 36 hours for SB's launch. Half of the weekend has been a complete bunk because of this launch, but eh, it'll be a learning experience I guess. But given how the game was actually one of the titles I was the most excited for this year, this is one hell of a way to deflate a hype train.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Dear Square-Enix:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving computer screen in some impotent primal effort to get this instance to load. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your expansion - YOUR EXPANSION, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR EXPANSION - but instead the Bull of Ala Mhigo's been crawling out of the computer and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to my new UI gauge through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Served with Cold Steel. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Enter the loving battle! Hey, that's fine, it's just like hitting a single button; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping scenario designers decided to give every single loving advantage possible TO THE INSTANCE SERVERS rather than me.

How in the gently caress does RAUBAHN - who really jobbed that fight where he got his arm cut off, frankly - suddenly become SO loving GOOD that he can single-handedly hold off the teeming hordes of level 60-70 players desperate to get to Anime Japan? Huh!? Why!? You never see this shithead anywhere near the top loving 20 in a reddit argument about NPC power levels. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S RAUBLOCK, THE BIGGEST STOP SIGN IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS ALEXANDER, LET'S GO FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND

But it's not just Raubahn with the magical error messages, it's the entire loving lineup of solo instances! THEY'RE ALL KICKING YOU OFF THE GAME. AND NONE GIVE A poo poo ABOUT LOGIN QUEUES.

But but but I of course, am still rocking some fragile prima donna of a connection that throws a hissy fit if you so much as look at the reflection of a queue button sideways! Add to this the entire expansion just got shitted on by some retarded discount not-Bahamut moon dragon and his quadruped robot frenemy and you've got a game that will give you error 90002 after 30 minutes in the login queue JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST AN MMO DURING A LAUNCH PERIOD. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNCTIONAL. Well gently caress that noise, you lopsided pair of Thal's Balls.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge loving kegger waiting for it when it gets every server to set up a waiting line in front of the npc? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by Hiromichi Tanaka and Tanaka has his cock in Final Fantasy XI and he's holding a cell phone up to her and Yoshida can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the rear end in a top hat then says, "You keep every goddamn player in the Fringes, or I will get them to get you to run THIS game," I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't progress, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of poo poo Primal fight that sticks you in a rock on victory you have hidden away from me so I can get locked out of the game permanently and get pissed off with that too. When your expansion prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your loving mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and loving DIE DIE DIE.

I regret nothing

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Meiteron posted:

Dear Square-Enix:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving computer screen in some impotent primal effort to get this instance to load. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your expansion - YOUR EXPANSION, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR EXPANSION - but instead the Bull of Ala Mhigo's been crawling out of the computer and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to my new UI gauge through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Served with Cold Steel. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Enter the loving battle! Hey, that's fine, it's just like hitting a single button; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping scenario designers decided to give every single loving advantage possible TO THE INSTANCE SERVERS rather than me.

How in the gently caress does RAUBAHN - who really jobbed that fight where he got his arm cut off, frankly - suddenly become SO loving GOOD that he can single-handedly hold off the teeming hordes of level 60-70 players desperate to get to Anime Japan? Huh!? Why!? You never see this shithead anywhere near the top loving 20 in a reddit argument about NPC power levels. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S RAUBLOCK, THE BIGGEST STOP SIGN IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS ALEXANDER, LET'S GO FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND

But it's not just Raubahn with the magical error messages, it's the entire loving lineup of solo instances! THEY'RE ALL KICKING YOU OFF THE GAME. AND NONE GIVE A poo poo ABOUT LOGIN QUEUES.

But but but I of course, am still rocking some fragile prima donna of a connection that throws a hissy fit if you so much as look at the reflection of a queue button sideways! Add to this the entire expansion just got shitted on by some retarded discount not-Bahamut moon dragon and his quadruped robot frenemy and you've got a game that will give you error 90002 after 30 minutes in the login queue JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST AN MMO DURING A LAUNCH PERIOD. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNCTIONAL. Well gently caress that noise, you lopsided pair of Thal's Balls.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge loving kegger waiting for it when it gets every server to set up a waiting line in front of the npc? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by Hiromichi Tanaka and Tanaka has his cock in Final Fantasy XI and he's holding a cell phone up to her and Yoshida can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the rear end in a top hat then says, "You keep every goddamn player in the Fringes, or I will get them to get you to run THIS game," I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't progress, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of poo poo Primal fight that sticks you in a rock on victory you have hidden away from me so I can get locked out of the game perfectly and get pissed off with that too. When your expansion prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your loving mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and loving DIE DIE DIE.

I regret nothing

I suddenly want to name my racing chocobo "Falcon Punch".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Meiteron posted:

Dear Square-Enix:

It's not any fun if I can't progress, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of poo poo Primal fight that sticks you in a rock on victory you have hidden away from me so I can get locked out of the game permanently and get pissed off with that too. When your expansion prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your loving mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and loving DIE DIE DIE.

I regret nothing

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

MechaX posted:

I'll admit, this is my first MMO. I knew going in that there would be some drops and some queues.

For what it's worth, this is pretty damned unusual. MMOs are often pretty bad at launch, but they really pulled out the stops for this one.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Meiteron posted:

Dear Square-Enix:

I regret nothing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A QUEST INTO THE SLOT. ITS BEST SERVED WITH COLD STEEL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RAUBAHN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GARLEAN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED EORZEAS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GUILD CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Meiteron posted:

Dear Square-Enix:

I regret nothing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I've got RDM at 60 and hit The Wall I'm not really sure what to do with myself :(

Besides level SAM I guess but that doesn't seem that interesting to me

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sadly, I'll probably still pre-order future expansions despite this because I ordered SB in February, which had me paying only $40. I'd be so loving cheesed if I dropped $60 two weeks ago to get into the Early Access only to hit this poo poo. It's cheaper to do it early.

The Susano glitch is even more damning. Every second the game remains up seems to be a liability. They must surely be letting the EA ride out, see just what ELSE will break, and then they'll do a big last-minute thing. That's the only strategy that'd make sense.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ciaphas posted:

Now that I've got RDM at 60 and hit The Wall I'm not really sure what to do with myself :(

Besides level SAM I guess but that doesn't seem that interesting to me

shitposting has served me well

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sadly, I'll probably still pre-order future expansions despite this because I ordered SB in February, which had me paying only $40. I'd be so loving cheesed if I dropped $60 two weeks ago to get into the Early Access only to hit this poo poo. It's cheaper to do it early.
Same, both because of that and because I'm not bothered enough to care whether they learn anything from this.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Warlords of Draenor.

Yup, within a few minutes after launch the main quest broke that unlocked your garrison and allowed to access everything else. Didn't last more then a few hours though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's boring

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6hwz6k/raubhan_savage_guide/

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Warlords of Draenor.

It did, but not for more than a day. After that the servers were just generally poo poo, which I would really be okay with as long as getting on meant I could progress. This became worse than WoD to me when I woke up this morning and it was still a huge problem.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

I mean the answer to this questions is really obviously "people not doing the MSQ"