Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh poo poo I just realized they got the same voice actor as John Stewart in JLU for his premier skin!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

pubic works project posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized they got the same voice actor as John Stewart in JLU for his premier skin!!!

Yeah and Phil Lamarr sounds cheesy as hell doing it too, it's great

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Well, he already was doing Aquaman, so why the gently caress not?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

guts and bolts posted:

Red Hood is extremely my jam, he is amazing. Why does everyone hate him? Is this one of those "Batman is unironically a good character with strong fiction" things where everyone is just wrong?

50% people trolling number #1 Jason Todd all-time fanboy Dark_Tzzy, 50% DC trying way too hard to put Jason over in the comics.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lots of Red Hoods in ranked (of course). What are some tips for fighting against him

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

MrJacobs posted:

Well, he already was doing Aquaman, so why the gently caress not?

oh my god

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lots of Red Hoods in ranked (of course). What are some tips for fighting against him

Cupcakes. Lots and lots of meter burned cupcakes for that squirrelly varmint

:redass:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Top 8 at CEO tomorrow at 4:30pm Eastern. I don't remember all the mains but there were definitely a lot of Catwoman and Darkseid players in the upper echelons. And Aquaman :geno:

No Deadshot got out of pools

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 18, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Aquaman is actually really good and I don't know why because he's fuckin Aquaman.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Top 8 at CEO tomorrow at 4:30pm Eastern. I don't remember all the mains but there were definitely a lot of Catwoman and Darkseid players in the upper echelons. And Aquaman :geno:

No Deadshot got out of pools

Of players I'm familiar with, Top 8 is a Batman, Black Adam, Superman, Atrocitus, Darkseid. Someone also probably play Aquaman on the side. Those are all characters I'd put in top 8 in the game in general, so no surprises really.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Aquaman is actually really good and I don't know why because he's fuckin Aquaman.

Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is a drat king, has a trident and is really cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is a drat king, has a trident and is really cool.

There's a clown trying to rob his reputation with surface-level tricks all the time. Who has time to manage a kingdom AND out-stunt some joker with an open schedule?

A champion, that's who.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aquaman in Injustice 2 was not modeled after Jason Momoa, so it's hard to care.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Aquaman in Injustice 2 was not modeled after Jason Momoa, so it's hard to care.

I wonder if he'll get Momoa gear when the movie comes out

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather have regal blonde aquaman than an aquaman who looks like a dumpster diver honestly. patrick wilson is in the aquman movie as ocean master, I wish the roles had been reversed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Momoa is a dumpster diver? :what:

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather have regal blonde aquaman than an aquaman who looks like a dumpster diver honestly. patrick wilson is in the aquman movie as ocean master, I wish the roles had been reversed

Bad opinions from a red hood fan, who would have guessed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Catfishenfuego posted:

Bad opinions from a red hood fan, who would have guessed.

LOL had to check if this was your first post here and was not disappointed

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

LOL had to check if this was your first post here and was not disappointed

There's been too much blame between us. But one thing I never regret is giving you poo poo for liking Red Hood

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's been a decades-long running joke that Aquaman sucks and pretty much everyone acknowledges it, except in Injustice 2 he's inexplicably good and a top tier pick.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw. Aquman has actually been okay since the 90s?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

There's been too much blame between us. But one thing I never regret is giving you poo poo for liking Red Hood

I love Red Hood so much that I complained about him through the entire thread's lifetime then toxxed myself into a Red Hood avatar in desperation that the DLC leak was fake

I almost feel like doing the same for Raiden because I do not want him to be real over Static.

exquisite tea posted:

It's been a decades-long running joke that Aquaman sucks and pretty much everyone acknowledges it, except in Injustice 2 he's inexplicably good and a top tier pick.

I'm surprised he doesn't have a beard for one of his headgear options. hell, give him the hook hand for an epic Arm gear

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bring back the Gordon's fisherman look for Aqua.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Bring back the Gordon's fisherman look for Aqua.

With the hook hand

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
are we sure there's no DC character with a cone hat?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's egg-fu

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
DC has been making Aquaman more and more like Namor over the years, which has resulted in him sucking less and less. That said, Namor is and will forever be the true king of Atlantis. Aquaman doesn't even have a catch phrase.

IMPERIUS REX

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

are we sure there's no DC character with a cone hat?

it's Rudy with a racist chinaman hat to promote the new Funhouse Asia pinball table. Also, the tiny shadow on the select screen is this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjvt6xqKwV8

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

DLC Inc posted:

I love Red Hood so much that I complained about him through the entire thread's lifetime then toxxed myself into a Red Hood avatar in desperation that the DLC leak was fake.
Shame, at least before you had an excuse for your bad opinions about Jason Momoa.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Norns posted:

Momoa is a dumpster diver? :what:

Dude is disgusted that Aquaman reminds him of a filthy poor person :thunk:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Catfishenfuego posted:

Shame, at least before you had an excuse for your bad opinions about Jason Momoa.

:thumbsup:

There's a fairly easy level 3 multiverse out for the day with a shitload of stuff in it--plat/diamond boxes and random epic gear

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

He's been great in the 90s with the Peter David run. The water hand series was bad, but I've loved the New 52 and current run.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Applied to Goonsquad as Jelloblimp2

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
My only issue with Aquaman is the sound effect his trident makes in the Injustice games.

It sounds solid... but after a while it's incredibly annoying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally, all of my fighters are equipped with all epic gear. It took over 87 hours. So much bad RNG from these loot boxes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I spent a big chunk of yesterday AI grinding through the Gorilla Grodd event to get him to 20+Epics while watching the Injustice 2 tournament at CEO.

More than once during the day, I thought to myself, "Why am I grinding for this character I will probably never play"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Finally, all of my fighters are equipped with all epic gear. It took over 87 hours. So much bad RNG from these loot boxes.

I like when I open a gold box and get poo poo all

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

Now i'm all about getting abilities and hero cards. I sell all of my commons and rares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

tell me about it. about finishing like a 12+ fight in multiverse twice to get platinum boxes I think I got maybe 1 epic from each. the box nerf they made to the quality of loot loving sucks hard.

• Locked thread