Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's just a blatant way of making Goku be The Only One Who Matters, idgaf if it's an actual plothole or not.

Anyway, lol freeza is more of a liability than he is an ally, what the gently caress did you think was gonna happen, Goku? Seems like Freeza is aiming for that GoD position too. Also U9 is still garbage, they're getting wiped off first thing in the tournament. Kinda interesting that they actually hinted at that false leak's twist too, wonder if that was reactionary or just bad info from a source getting twisted around. Oh, this is a way better Ressurection of F than the movie, Freeza is a terrifying motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought we were all in agreement that the Manga was stupid earlier so I'm not sure why everyone's arguing about it.

The explanation for Freeza powering up while in hell was cool and this episode was a lot of fun, it was over real fast and I was sad about that.

Agreed. I love that Freeza basically just pulled a Piccolo and more or less meditated away his flaws.

TFRazorsaw posted:

well, the regeneration failed to ressurect his physical body, at least.

The part I edited before you quoted me still stands, I think.

He doesn't come back 'correctly' from Trunks slashing him in half here either.

Dias posted:

It's just a blatant way of making Goku be The Only One Who Matters, idgaf if it's an actual plothole or not.

Anyway, lol freeza is more of a liability than he is an ally, what the gently caress did you think was gonna happen, Goku? Seems like Freeza is aiming for that GoD position too. Also U9 is still garbage, they're getting wiped off first thing in the tournament. Kinda interesting that they actually hinted at that false leak's twist too, wonder if that was reactionary or just bad info from a source getting twisted around. Oh, this is a way better Ressurection of F than the movie, Freeza is a terrifying motherfucker.

Except that it quite explicitly doesn't matter. Goku falls on his rear end after his Trump card fails and by the end of the chapter it appears that Vegeta is the one knocking heads again.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That episode was great, Freeza/Frieza/Freezer is such an enormous dick it's amazing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Caros posted:

He doesn't come back 'correctly' from Trunks slashing him in half here either.

I meant the part about it being something you can imitate using other powers, and only failing because someone pulled a dirty trick. That still feels like it's taking the uniqueness out of it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

I meant the part about it being something you can imitate using other powers, and only failing because someone pulled a dirty trick. That still feels like it's taking the uniqueness out of it.

Ah, fair enough. I actually agree that it would be cooler if GoDs have something that sets them apart from all the critters running around with God Ki (which is now apparently everyone). If I were writing it I definitely wouldn't have Goku busting out an ability like that without some sort of foreshadowing, if ever.

I just get irked that people are surprised that Goku is doing a thing he has done at least a half dozen times since Dragonball, and claiming it is somehow impossible for him to have done so based on nothing more than their head canon of what they think Hakai, a heretofore completely unexplained ability, is.

I mean, you could literally have had this exact conversation about the Kamehameha, so it just seems silly to claim that it is impossible or that the manga is awful for including it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zedd posted:

Freeza/Frieza/Freezer
フリーザ is clearly Furiza, you plebian. :reject:

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Zedd posted:

That episode was great, Freeza/Frieza/Freezer is such an enormous dick it's amazing.
This episode was worth it for this reaction alone.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Frieza's in the closing credits, he clearly must be a team player and I'll hear no slander against him.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Serge Painsbourg posted:

This episode was worth it for this reaction alone.

Can't get a good screenshot on my phone, but Beerus' reaction to Goku and Freeza punching each other is also amazing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Caros posted:

Ah, fair enough. I actually agree that it would be cooler if GoDs have something that sets them apart from all the critters running around with God Ki (which is now apparently everyone). If I were writing it I definitely wouldn't have Goku busting out an ability like that without some sort of foreshadowing, if ever.

I just get irked that people are surprised that Goku is doing a thing he has done at least a half dozen times since Dragonball, and claiming it is somehow impossible for him to have done so based on nothing more than their head canon of what they think Hakai, a heretofore completely unexplained ability, is.

I mean, you could literally have had this exact conversation about the Kamehameha, so it just seems silly to claim that it is impossible or that the manga is awful for including it.

The kamehameha and Roshi are on a completely different level from the GoD powers, and it was relatively quickly disseminated throughout the entire cast. If everything special about a God of Destruction can be faked, then that's undermining Goku's attempts to reach and surpass Beerus.

But this all kind of falls apart when Goku shouldn't even know what "Hakai" even is. He's never seen Beerus use it, and him and Vegeta recognizing it with Goku able to make a bastardized version of it still undermines the integrity of it as a story. Even in the anime episode today he barely seems to recognize it, so I can't imagine this was in Toriyama's notes. It's an rear end pull because there's no prior set up for it.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I have a gut feeling by the time this arc is over Frieza will no longer exist.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PMush Perfect posted:

フリーザ is clearly Furiza, you plebian. :reject:
Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin :colbert:

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

The kamehameha and Roshi are on a completely different level from the GoD powers, and it was relatively quickly disseminated throughout the entire cast. If everything special about a God of Destruction can be faked, then that's undermining Goku's attempts to reach and surpass Beerus.

But this all kind of falls apart when Goku shouldn't even know what "Hakai" even is. He's never seen Beerus use it, and him and Vegeta recognizing it with Goku able to make a bastardized version of it still undermines the integrity of it as a story. Even in the anime episode today he barely seems to recognize it, so I can't imagine this was in Toriyama's notes. It's an rear end pull because there's no prior set up for it.

My point in using the Kamehameha as an example is that Roshi was, at his introduction, on a completely different level from anything Goku could have mustered. Roshi spent decades mastering that attack and Goku copied it on sight. It should have been just as ridiculous to accept the idea of Goku copying Roshi's signature technique in an instant as it is for Goku to brute force his way into a facsimile of Beerus'. Goku literally learned to shoot lasers out of his hands, something completely foreign to him up until that point, by watching an old man do it once.

And again, maybe wait until the actual chapter comes out before assuming something is a plot hole. If you just saw the 'Heals Goku' image from last month's chapter out of context that would have looked like an enormous plot hole, but was actually pretty cleverly foreshadowed.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Shards of Fate posted:

I have a gut feeling by the time this arc is over Frieza will no longer exist.

Freeza will be nice and cool and my friend. :ssj:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Caros posted:

My point in using the Kamehameha as an example is that Roshi was, at his introduction, on a completely different level from anything Goku could have mustered. Roshi spent decades mastering that attack and Goku copied it on sight. It should have been just as ridiculous to accept the idea of Goku copying Roshi's signature technique in an instant as it is for Goku to brute force his way into a facsimile of Beerus'. Goku literally learned to shoot lasers out of his hands, something completely foreign to him up until that point, by watching an old man do it once.

And again, maybe wait until the actual chapter comes out before assuming something is a plot hole. If you just saw the 'Heals Goku' image from last month's chapter out of context that would have looked like an enormous plot hole, but was actually pretty cleverly foreshadowed.

In what way was it foreshadowed? It still feels like something totally random and I've read the chapter.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
regarding the latest episode and the leaks leading up to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuK1Yr35Io

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
This ongoing argument - Is "destruction ki" the same thing as when they say "hakai" and something is removed? There weren't any energy blasts for that. They just say the word, and the target fades away. I'm thinking that the ki is just the ki of a god of destruction, and the attack is a different thing. I might be wrong, but I'm not bothered either way.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

In what way was it foreshadowed? It still feels like something totally random and I've read the chapter.
iirc Trunks finds an injured Mai and holds hers causing her to wake up, so foreshadowed in the sense that now that part means Mai was actually more injured than it seemed and woke up via healing rather than just being unconscious

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

OB_Juan posted:

This ongoing argument - Is "destruction ki" the same thing as when they say "hakai" and something is removed? There weren't any energy blasts for that. They just say the word, and the target fades away. I'm thinking that the ki is just the ki of a god of destruction, and the attack is a different thing. I might be wrong, but I'm not bothered either way.

the new episode makes destruction ki explicitly a special thing that only Gods of Destruction have. It can be given away but it can't just be summoned out of the blue and its use has the same color and effects as the "hakai" attack.

Ekusukariba posted:

iirc Trunks finds an injured Mai and holds hers causing her to wake up, so foreshadowed in the sense that now that part means Mai was actually more injured than it seemed and woke up via healing rather than just being unconscious

so wait, Trunks gained this ability without being aware of it?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
WHO CARES gently caress.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Screw jiren, I want to see this guy fight:

TFRazorsaw posted:

Not really a spoiler since it is from last month. I'll give you a quick list.

Kibito and Shin defuse - Not entirely foreshadowing, but it is part of the plot. Shin can't heal because he is no longer fused with Kibito (who could).

Trunks becomes the disciple - At the time this seems like a cute little nod to why Beerus is dead and how Trunks dealt with Majin Buu. The setup for this is like ten chapters back from where it matters.

Zamasu - Unlike super Black doesn't just randomly power up. He gets Zenkais from Zamasu healing him every time he gets his rear end kicked. The only reason he can do this is because Zamasu isn't a real Kaioshin.

Mai and Gowasu - Both characters appear to 'die' at the cliffhanger of a chapter. Trunks runs over to cradle their dead bodies, but low and behold, they somehow aren't dead even though they should be. Looks like an asspull at the time but it is actually very clever foreshadowing to show how Trunks has been unintentionally using his healing ability.

The Super manga has a lot of flaws, but that aspect of it was really, really clever.

quote:

so wait, Trunks gained this ability without being aware of it?

Yeah. Shin is an idiot in every timeline.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like that they had Beerus save Goku from the Hakai, but Goku never bothered to transform to fight it. But later in the episode its made clear he is exactly as strong as Golden Freeza, without using Kaio-Ken. Keeps it nice and ambiguous if Goku is stronger than Beerus now

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm still annoyed it exists, because it's seemingly there to put Goku back in fighting strength so he can be the main character, but I guess that's a little less random than I initially thought.

I also don't think that's something Trunks should just be able to get without being aware of it. Yeah, I know the anime has him mimic the spirit bomb, but that has very different thematic implications.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Looking at the reddit discussion of the new episode, I swear to god if I ever read the words 'Power Scaling' again....

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm still annoyed it exists, because it's seemingly there to put Goku back in fighting strength so he can be the main character, but I guess that's a little less random than I initially thought.

I also don't think that's something Trunks should just be able to get without being aware of it. Yeah, I know the anime has him mimic the spirit bomb, but that has very different thematic implications.

I'm still crossing fingers that it is his way to bullshit into SSJIDGAF.

From the look of the manga, Goku is out Vegeta is probably about to get jobbed again so it wouldn't surprise me if they all wear each other down to the point Trunks busts out some Kaioshin-Apprentice version of SSJ Blue and puts the screws to Zamasu to the point he has to become sky god and get vaporized by Zeno. If that happens.

Honestly I doubt Goku is going to be the hero in the final lap of the manga version of the fight, particularly since he just failed his big drat hero moment, but we'll see.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what does power scaling mean

is it like really aggressively climbing a wall

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

It means Goku is stronger than Beerus, by the transitive property.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so goku would climb the wall faster than beerus, got it

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

khwarezm posted:

WHO CARES gently caress.

This is the most spergy argument I've seen in some time.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Can't tell if your serious.

It is how people talk about the overall growth curve of power in Dragonball. Super doesn't give even a single gently caress trying to keep an sort of sensical power curve, so it is throwing the power level crowd into a tizzy.

Basically "Goku as SSJ3 was the strongest there is (other than Gohan). Then he got SSJGod which multiplied his power by AT LEAST 50x, if not more. Then he trained for three years as a SSJB, so now in his base form he is so much stronger than even end of DBZ Goku was at his best. Then you throw on KaioKen x10 on top of that and Goku is now *begins bleeding from the nose*"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

I like that they had Beerus save Goku from the Hakai, but Goku never bothered to transform to fight it. But later in the episode its made clear he is exactly as strong as Golden Freeza, without using Kaio-Ken. Keeps it nice and ambiguous if Goku is stronger than Beerus now

Goku was probably too busy being erased to transform.

Also no Goku is still weaker then Beerus. As shown by Beerus casually blowing the destruction energy away while it took tons of effort on Freeza's end.

Also Goku being in the same ball park as Freeza means nothing related to Beerus. As Toriyama already stated that no matter what Freeza does he will never reach Beerus's level.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This is the most spergy argument I've seen in some time.

It's not a "spergy argument".

Nothing is.

Coming from someone with autism, stop saying things like that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's not a "spergy argument".

Nothing is.

Coming from someone with autism, stop saying things like that.

Girlfriend has autism. Have to catch myself every time I start to type a slur like that (because I was and still am an imperfect human being). So thanks for saying this. :)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sorry.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

khwarezm posted:

WHO CARES gently caress.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I think Goku could've blown it away like Freeza is he was already in Blue. Likewise if Freezer wasn't Golden I don't think he could've blown it away.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Next episode preview at the end there: The gods from the passing grade universes kept mugging the camera, I wonder if they'll actually get up to more then lording it over their scrub lord coworkers.

Also, Freeza is a beautiful golden boy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Goku was probably too busy being erased to transform.

Also no Goku is still weaker then Beerus. As shown by Beerus casually blowing the destruction energy away while it took tons of effort on Freeza's end.

Also Goku being in the same ball park as Freeza means nothing related to Beerus. As Toriyama already stated that no matter what Freeza does he will never reach Beerus's level.

It took effort for Freeza, but Goku is 10X stronger than Freeza when he uses kaio-ken. By the principals of power scaling this makes Goku stronger than Beerus.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Except he's not, so it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kaioken's power multiplier is XDramaticallyAppropriate so no he's still way weaker.

• Locked thread