Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

Yeah I mean, most of the expansion is literally inaccessible to me. Bottom line, that's a poo poo situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I mean the answer to this questions is really obviously "people not doing the MSQ"

so you pretty much mean 'people not doing the expansion'? people who are even casually leveling SAM and RDM are going to be sixty long before this issue looks to be fixed.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

This is better than the servers just flat being down for the last 36 hours. But I agree that random crashes with the chance of progress would be preferable to what we've got right now.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
50 SAM feels super basic, boring even. I take it getting Kenki and all the off globals help the job really shine?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Kenki is pretty much where all of the complexity is and even then it's just "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka"

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
If I server transfer to low pop server can I beat the raubhan encounter?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah I mean, most of the expansion is literally inaccessible to me. Bottom line, that's a poo poo situation.

The really egregious thing is that they had the presence of mind to put the hub city in heavensward available all of 60 seconds after you start the expansion content. No muss, no fuss, just 2-3 cutscenes and suddenly an entire city, market, levequests, hunt marks, all at the player's fingertips well before they have to put any kind of strain on their servers. So this was a solved problem that they decided to backtrack on.

Can you imagine what it would be like right now if Samurai and Red Mage started in the new city? There would have been practically nothing for people.

If anything I hope they take this as a cautionary tale and all subsequent expansions front-load that kind of content like HW did before anyone gets anywhere near an instance. They should just assume that whatever solo instance they put in first is going to be a possible likely bottleneck and make sure there's a significant chunk of content available before it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fates are a million times more boring. Your remaining options for leveling as a dps do not exist, unless you intend to slow roll with beast tribe dailies or something.

Fate scaling is kind of dumb, with a handful of players they're over fairly quick, with a ton of players they take forever and don't reward any more.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Server stability was nice when I was leveling my RDM to 60. :v: Instability, presumably its anything like getting DC'd in the middle of a POTD / any time you try to do a duty and periodic world server crashes would not be much better then the wall.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

sunken fleet posted:

I'm going to go with, no, because the instances are shared among the data center.

Also I make bad decisions. Queue into a dungeon and get a 90k error. 90 minutes later I can get back in, so I say I'll do frontlines instead. I'm back in to the queue -> 90k -> queue -> 90k (hour + now). I log on to an alt and it stills shows me as being online.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so you pretty much mean 'people not doing the expansion'? people who are even casually leveling SAM and RDM are going to be sixty long before this issue looks to be fixed.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying there's people leveling right now that are happy with being able to level.

I'm sure if taking the servers down would help them actually fix poo poo they would, but I think it might just be the case that it wouldn't solve anything at this juncture.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 18, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This would have never happened if the servers were still in Montreal..

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Blockhouse posted:

I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying there's people leveling right now that are happy with being able to level.

I'm sure if taking the servers down would help them actually fix poo poo they would, but I think it might just be the case that it wouldn't solve anything at this juncture.

it's not taking the servers down, it's upping the instance cap. this leads to more 90ks and disconnects and waiting in queues for everyone, but it, gasp, lets people do the instance. this worked for a lot of people to clear raubahn yesterday. we just didn't know about pipin's molehill being a problem as well.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

sunken fleet posted:

If you server transfer you would need to consider the data centre and not a specific server.

The issue is that all instances are grouped by data centre and not by server anymore, to accommodate cross-server DF and PF. So when they have limited slots for Raubahn's fight, those slots are shared between every server on your data centre - so right now, for example, Gilgamesh is loving over every tiny server in the Aether data centre. Sorry about that! Transferring to a tiny NA server won't help as long as one of it's bigger brothers in the same data centre is trying to run the instance too.

If you want to do it, then you should be picking specifically an EU or JP data centre for this. And, frankly, you should get some kind of confirmation that servers on those centres are not running into this issue before you make the move.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Meiteron posted:

If you server transfer you would need to consider the data centre and not a specific server.

The issue is that all instances are grouped by data centre and not by server anymore, to accommodate cross-server DF and PF. So when they have limited slots for Raubahn's fight, those slots are shared between every server on your data centre - so right now, for example, Gilgamesh is loving over every tiny server in the Aether data centre. Sorry about that! Transferring to a tiny NA server won't help as long as one of it's bigger brothers in the same data centre is trying to run the instance too.

If you want to do it, then you should be picking specifically an EU or JP data centre for this. And, frankly, you should get some kind of confirmation that servers on those centres are not running into this issue before you make the move.

Huh, didn't know it worked like that. That's informative.

Also I'm not quite desperate enough to continue the MSQ that I'd shell out for server transferring, just venting a bit :shobon:

If this still hasn't been sorted out in a couple days I might consider it more seriously though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

sunken fleet posted:

Huh, didn't know it worked like that. That's informative.

Also I'm not quite desperate enough to continue the MSQ that I'd shell out for server transferring, just venting a bit :shobon:

If this still hasn't been sorted out in a couple days I might consider it more seriously though.

there's a free transfer going on right now, but you'd need to transfer back

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the free transfer locks you out of transferring for ninety days, fyi

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The idea that server instability is better is a real dumb idea. That's a good way for a server to crash and lose data.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So doing any instance right now will probably 90k you. Had someone in my party unable to get off their mount, log off or even chat after logging back in.
So far I've spent most of my time leveling fishing, if anyone has any tips that'd be great.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah, only i don't give a poo poo about that and i do give a poo poo about not being able to play the expansion.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This is pretty pathetic tbh

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I think I just got dicked by another 90 minute lockout. Guuu

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormb Lood: "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka"

Does the Sleipnir mount or the unicorn mount fly yet?

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 18, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Made it all the way to not-China and the long (single) arm of Raubahn Savage still reaches me over here. At least Susanoo didn't eat me, I guess.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't figure out what use if any Meditation has

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
For when a boss jumps and you have nothing to do, you can gain some easy Kenki. Like how monks can get chakra on downtime.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blockhouse posted:

Boss jumps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Try using it five times.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Meditation is what you use during the downtime while waiting on the server login queue.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh sorry I should have specified. I mean the samurai ability Meditate.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lol 43 minute wait for a DPS dungeon queue, yeah it crashed before the dungeon even loaded.

I'm done, I'll be back on the 20th I guess.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I for one welcome the 3 Redmage 1 Scholar (me) PotD runs. Things die so fast. Monsters and players.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kortel posted:

I for one welcome the 3 Redmage 1 Scholar (me) PotD runs. Things die so fast. Monsters and players.

2 SAM, 2 RDM mostly for me. When I'm not crashing out that is. Oh well, at least it works sometimes?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
4 RDM POTDs are pretty fun. Mobs die instantly and it reminds me of the good old days of making all-RDM parties in FF1

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Full RDM parties are pretty good when they realize that vercure is a thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you have to use vercure youre probably killing too slowly

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So (end of MSQ speculation) I was wondering whether or not we would be facing Zenos right when we hit level 70 or if the liberation of Ala Mhigo was going to be dragged out through the content patches. Being that the quest achievement grants the title "Liberator" and Ala Mhigo is an instance (which wasn't listed in the E3 build), I guess we can assume that we do kill Zenos at the end of the 4.0 MSQ.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Countblanc posted:

If you have to use vercure youre probably killing too slowly

Vercure is only used when somebody steps on a landmine and suddenly eight Vercures fly out across the party

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

8-Bit Scholar posted:

lol 43 minute wait for a DPS dungeon queue, yeah it crashed before the dungeon even loaded.

I'm done, I'll be back on the 20th I guess.

I have absolutely no faith that it will be fixed by then.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it finally gave me the proper loading screen for the pipin instance, where chat appears beside the loading symbol

then i got a 90006 error

man who lost all hope loses last additional bit of hope he didn't know he still had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
the main menu being covered in flames is apt symbolism for the whole game right now