Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

played the media like a drat fiddle I only *mostly* got my kids taken away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sullat posted:

Sure, if you believe Suentonis. I suppose you are also a follower of Alex Jones?

i don't usually believe suetonius but i make an exception for outlandish stories about julius caesar

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Sharps posted:

fiddle tits

don't doxx me

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GDv8vGnhZo

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al! posted:

suck_zone.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/T8WMQJo.gifv

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jazerus posted:

i don't usually believe suetonius but i make an exception for outlandish stories about julius caesar

all roman historians are goddamn liars but they're really entertaining about it so it's a wash imo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Duscat posted:

so what in the gently caress happened here, were they all dead drunk? how does a NAVAL VESSEL have nobody at the helm or whatever the gently caress you call it, y'know, driving? was this like a tiny boat with five crew?

i mean i guess with seven dead or missing, it must have been at least seven crew

extremely me voice, just me, thinking extremely hard and racking my brain for all nautical knowledge]: i think in battleship a destroyer is the smallest one. its advantage is it is hard to find, but its disadvantage is extremely low hp once detected. i think in uhhhhh maybe it was civ something or maybe it was warcraft, that destroyers are the ones you want to have in order counter enemy submarines?? ummmm

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Epic High Five posted:

it must be really dsiappointing to finish the last book in the Asimov arc only to discover there's no graphic incest rape scenes, thus excluding it forever from being a "serious" literature candidate
Heinlein, so close enough

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

[imdaycrewafshirt-jpg]

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr. Sharps posted:

fiddle tits

Mods change my name to this pls

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sullat posted:

Sure, if you believe Suentonis. I suppose you are also a follower of Alex Jones?

i only believe credible ancient historians like herodotus

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

crazy cloud posted:

extremely me voice, just me, thinking extremely hard and racking my brain for all nautical knowledge]: i think in battleship a destroyer is the smallest one. its advantage is it is hard to find, but its disadvantage is extremely low hp once detected. i think in uhhhhh maybe it was civ something or maybe it was warcraft, that destroyers are the ones you want to have in order counter enemy submarines?? ummmm

that's the best cc impression i've heard yet bravo

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

[imdaycrewafshirt-jpg]

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jazerus posted:

He was also the nephew of a five-time consul. Can't get much more "Roman insider" than that. Instead of draining the swamp, he merely paved it over.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

i only believe credible ancient historians like herodotus

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

in conclusion, that cat can go gently caress itself

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jazerus posted:

julius caesar grew up in a tenement and was killed due to his intentions to implement broad redistribution of aristocratic lands to the people

one time as a teenager he was captured by pirates and won them over with his stunning charisma, though they still demanded a ransom from rome. he would joke that after he left he would come back and kill them all and all the pirates would laugh. after he was ransomed he raised a small military force, went back, and crucified them all

he and pompey engaged in one of the only instances of trench warfare before the modern era. oh yeah by the way he conquered france, personally

a figure more unlike trump could hardly be imagined

the best scene in rome is when pompei realizes who vorenus is and just wants to ask him about the battle of alesia and vorenus was just like "yeah it was nuts."

FizFashizzle has issued a correction as of 05:38 on Jun 18, 2017

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

im the violin titties

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lorn Wayne posted:

in conclusion, that cat can go gently caress itself

I'm not really sure how you come to that conclusion but hey okay look out we got an edgelord here :jerkbag:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I think watching the world turn against Megyn Kelly is justice in a sea of injustice.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jazerus posted:

one time as a teenager he was captured by pirates and won them over with his stunning charisma, though they still demanded a ransom from rome. he would joke that after he left he would come back and kill them all and all the pirates would laugh. after he was ransomed he raised a small military force, went back, and crucified them all

jfc that is :black101: as hell

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

crazy cloud posted:

im the violin titties

i wouldnt sell my soul for the chance to win a golden violin but i might consider it for a titty violin

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I bet herodotus got in the tent with the scythians

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

that's the best cc impression i've heard yet bravo

just coughing out an impossibly dense cloud of bongsmoke]: thank

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LegoMan posted:

I think watching the world turn against Megyn Kelly is justice in a sea of injustice.

I don't think Ben garrison is a good measure of public consesnus

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm not really sure how you come to that conclusion but hey okay look out we got an edgelord here :jerkbag:

my statement applies to all cats tbh

cats are a land of contrast

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the devil went down to georgia because he knew he'd find someone dumb enough to trade eternal damnation for a half pound of gold

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PostNouveau posted:

Does Idaho still get 2 senators when it's covered by 8 feet of ash?

I feel like the supervolcano might give the Democrats a chance at taking the Senate.

Super big disaster like this Trump will declare curfews, martial law, anything he wants and get it.

We're totally hosed

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
fiddle tits is so fun and pleasing to say, drat

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Al! posted:

the devil went down to georgia because he knew he'd find someone dumb enough to trade eternal damnation for a half pound of gold

look a fiddle of gold would weigh like a hundred pounds

and also sound terrible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is it just me or are news headlines in the Trump Era boring af

Obama Era spoiled me with stuff like "Rush Limbaugh: Obama Is Teaching Lesbians And Transgender Hillbillies How To Farm So They Can Take Over Red States"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wolf blitzer is 69

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Obama Era spoiled me with stuff like "Rush Limbaugh: Obama Is Teaching Lesbians And Transgender Hillbillies How To Farm So They Can Take Over Red States"

yeah theyre trying to be all serious now that theyre in power its not as good

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

:wow:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

:wow:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

"dang looks like you win I'll guess I'll have to go back to corrupting thousands upon millions of innocents from the right hand path *kicks rocks with hands in pocket"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Augus posted:

I don't think Ben garrison is a good measure of public consesnus

WaPo is running an op-ed from a Sandy Hook parent calling her out on the interview. I think she hosed up bigly.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

the vice president of the united states hosed a horse

what the hell more could you want from life?

some people won't ever be happy i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

look a fiddle of gold would weigh like a hundred pounds

and also sound terrible

it was actually gold plated

johnny wasn't very bright

• Locked thread