Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fart City posted:

(extreme close up of Mike Pence staring at fortune cookie saying with sweaty intensity)

He's gonna die of a colon rupture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Mustached Demon posted:

He's gonna die of a colon rupture.

Well, we knew that when he started dating that horse

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Loel posted:

Well, we knew that when he started dating that horse

My friend, Mike Pence is a Good Christian Soldier. He didn't date that horse, he took her to a nice fish fry dinner and immediately proposed to her at a gazebo while a choir sang "Nearer My God To Thee."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fart City posted:

My friend, Mike Pence is a Good Christian Soldier. He didn't date that horse, he took her to a nice fish fry dinner and immediately proposed to her at a gazebo while a choir sang "Nearer My God To Thee."

Shortly afterwards, he took to calling the horse Mother.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Same Great Paste posted:

I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION

Ron Howard: He was.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fart City posted:

If I woke up tomorrow morning to the news that Steve Bannon jacknife powerbombed an aid through a coffee table in a whiskey haze I wouldn't even bat an eye. Because that's the new reality we live in.

No, the new reality is that we would be taking bets on whether a video of the powerbomb would get leaked

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TARDISman posted:

"Mother Mare, it would appear that Target is going to start installing non-gendered clothing departments."

*clop clop*

"I agree, they are godless communists, all of them."

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 18, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lassitude posted:

He has my sympathy for the permanent disability he's likely to face if he lives. Maybe it'll even change his mind about taking healthcare away from people if he ends up paralyzed and incontinent.

The second part here is what I am hoping for.

Not the disabled bit necessarily, but whatever works. Think of it this way: George Wallace biting it in 72 would have done less good than his survival and reform. That's the thing for decent people to hope for.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Same Great Paste posted:

I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS MORNING JOE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START YELLING AT THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JOE AND MIKA. I DEBATE EVERY POINT AND I DEBATE EVERY POINT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WITTY ONE LINER OR EVEN WHEN I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING. NOT MANY CANDIDATES CAN SAY THEY'RE NOT UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY CABINET MEETINGS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TALKING POINTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY GOLDEN APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING COMMERCIALS EVERY MORNIng

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 18, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fart City posted:

Homie, at this very moment Trump is sitting in a chair vibrating at a terminal velocity in anticipation for his next catastrophic godfuck insane act.

that meme with a guy sweating profusely with a strained look on his face, unable to choose between two buttons, but with trump, and one button says "stop talking, quietly be insanely rich and powerful for 8 years" and "ruin your own life because you are a loving moron".

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS MORNING JOE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START YELLING AT THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JOE AND MIKA. I DEBATE EVERY POINT AND I DEBATE EVERY POINT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WITTY ONE LINER OR EVEN WHEN I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING. NOT MANY CANDIDATES CAN SAY THEY'RE NOT UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY CABINET MEETINGS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TALKING POINTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY GOLDEN APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING COMMERCIALS EVERY MORNIng

:same:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chard posted:

For real though don't kill people, my japes are intended to poke fun at Dems not Deaths

And now for the opposite opinion due to the Fairness Doctine, grab all of your guns and run out into the street and just start shooting and don't stop don't ever stop god bless

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

TARDISman posted:

If the horse was a woman how would its outside get inside of the man?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

gohmak posted:

Peggings a thing.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Poor ol' Pence. Thought of horses and pied.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yes, i'm referring to the allied forces fighting invasion forces in France and not gun nuts who want to murder politicians.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

gohmak posted:

You need to respect her life choices.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gohmak posted:

It isn't gay if you call the horse mother while it fucks you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Can I make these Republicans pray for and seek death all on their own by making their lives miserable?

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Mr. Hands was from Washington though. I've met a few people from Enumclaw and I always have to stop myself from bringing it up
gone

Spins fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 10, 2017

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

The best part of that whole saga was the area newspaper having to rank it as their #1 news story of the year.

Wow really, moved away years ago. Was it the Tacoma news Tribune?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The second part here is what I am hoping for.

Not the disabled bit necessarily, but whatever works. Think of it this way: George Wallace biting it in 72 would have done less good than his survival and reform. That's the thing for decent people to hope for.
Okay so since the epiphany you're jerking yourself off about isn't going to happen, maybe you should come to grips with the basic truth that it's not immoral to wish bad things would happen to bad people, nor is it evil to take delight on the rare occasion that it actually happens.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Chilichimp posted:

Yes, i'm referring to the allied forces fighting invasion forces in France and not gun nuts who want to murder politicians.

Are you implying that republicans are not in the process of keeping and writing legislation that kills thousands of people? If not, I'm not sure why you think they ought to be treated any differently than Nazis.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I remember my grandad telling me about the war in Italy and in Germany. His squad hugged every fascist they came across, until there weren't any fascists left to hug and the war was over.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kilroy posted:

Okay so since the epiphany you're jerking yourself off about isn't going to happen, maybe you should come to grips with the basic truth that it's not immoral to wish bad things would happen to bad people, nor is it evil to take delight on the rare occasion that it actually happens.

I will generously give you the second one. I am very outcome-oriented on the first. Him dying a martyr is bad even in your calculus, comrade.

(I guess I'm technically outcome-oriented on the second too, adding a little extra joy to the world is a positive :3: )

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I am utterly unconcerned with Republicans making a martyr of Scalise. Even if that were to happen, what difference is it going to make? Their victimhood and persecution complex is already going full steam.

Martyrs strengthen a cause when they unite people in their persecution. Republicans already think as one, and they already think the entire world is out to get them.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Kilroy posted:

Also even if Scalise becomes a true convert to the cause of progressives, it's not like the rest of his fellow Congressional Republicans would just follow his lead into the light of progressive goodness. They'd just write it off as him suffering from PTSD or some such, while they continued to work on newer ways to gently caress over poor people.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Some unfortunate news. Those 7 missing sailors on the Fitzgerald are dead, their bodies were found in a flooded berthing compartment.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Kilroy posted:

I am utterly unconcerned with Republicans making a martyr of Scalise. Even if that were to happen, what difference is it going to make? Their victimhood and persecution complex is already going full steam.

Martyrs strengthen a cause when they unite people in their persecution. Republicans already think as one, and they already think the entire world is out to get them.

They could do the "Take guns away from leftists" laws if he becomes a martyr.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rebel Blob posted:

Some unfortunate news. Those 7 missing sailors on the Fitzgerald are dead, their bodies were found in a flooded berthing compartment.

This is easily in my top 5 horrible and terrifying ways to die. That really sucks.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Trazz posted:

They could do the "Take guns away from leftists" laws if he becomes a martyr.
Yeah they'll make it so e.g. the DSA is classified as a terrorist organization or something like it, and if you're a member then you don't get to buy guns. They'll run a background check and bar you from buying a hunting rifle because you have a subscription to Jacobin.

That's the "extreme" left, of course. Actually doing that would have almost no effect since few people have ever heard of the DSA and all the rest. What would be interesting is if they'd go ahead and pass a law with actual teeth like you can't buy a gun if you've ever belonged to a union or donated to the ACLU or one of the millions of various bullshit "grassroots advocacy" organizations Democrats love to spin up.

That could quickly turn the current cultural cold war hot. Good.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 18, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The collision was on a calm and clear night so the captain didn't even have that going for him as the lights would have pretty drat visible. Throw in military radar set and the recording give you an open and shut case of gross negligence resulting in death.

I asked in the OSHA thread but why did no one countermand him? They asserted it was a bad idea in respectful tone but this would be one of those cases where you should say gently caress you this is a bad idea and I am taking command.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The desert is an environment too so should the Trump wall get built it's going to gently caress up a desert of all things.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39888754

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

oohhboy posted:

The collision was on a calm and clear night so the captain didn't even have that going for him as the lights would have pretty drat visible. Throw in military radar set and the recording give you an open and shut case of gross negligence resulting in death.

I asked in the OSHA thread but why did no one countermand him? They asserted it was a bad idea in respectful tone but this would be one of those cases where you should say gently caress you this is a bad idea and I am taking command.

You should read up. The captain was asleep in his stateroom when the collision occurred.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

oohhboy posted:

The desert is an environment too so should the Trump wall get built it's going to gently caress up a desert of all things.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39888754

spend a couple days in the desert and you'll understand. it's a pretty rich area, in terms of plants and animals

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Aves Maria! posted:

spend a couple days in the desert and you'll understand. it's a pretty rich area, in terms of plants and animals

Yeah, this. It's an ecosystem as vibrant as any other. Though the wall is going to mess up more things than just the environment. If I remember correctly Tohono O'odham land runs across the border, so a wall would cut right through their community. Not to mention all the border towns that likely would get messed up by it as well.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its okay, Pruitt is hard at work ensuring the creation of plenty of new deserts for the wildlife to live in.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

The Glumslinger posted:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
When people say that the desert is lifeless, it just makes me want to grab them by the collar and yell, "Why you stupid, stupid bastard!" Then I drive them out into the desert to where the circus is, and point out the many forms of zebra and clown life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oohhboy posted:

It was 2:30 in the morning so the Navy equivalent of Harry Kim was in charge. The captain was sleeping. Whoever was actually on watch at the time will be the one who gets owned.

• Locked thread