Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsH-5LgVLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Just had a depressing Jason game. No counsellors were even remotely working together, none of them fought back and all of them ran in straight lines away from me until they ran out of stamina. It was like playing a fighting game on 'beginner' difficulty.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I had the most chad move ever today.

Two guys found the Propeller and Gas and I gave them directions to get them to the boat because they didn't have a map. Jason morphs near me and starts chasing me, a minute later I run out of all my outs [ a flare gun, a trap, a pocket knife, and a firecracker] so I just casually say "Alright guys good job fixing the boat, ya'll have a free escape now."

Jason immediately stops, and morphs away, ruining the escape attempt, but Chad continues to live.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Kenny's animation here makes it

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Started the match near another counselor and we both entered the same cabin. His mic is blaring what sounds like a fan the entire time, and he proceeds to grab a machete and murder me immediately. He messages "im a. killer" to me. First time I've encountered poo poo like that. Amazed at what a bad mood it put me in. Then I move to another game and Jason finds me immediately.

Life is hard.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Started the match near another counselor and we both entered the same cabin. His mic is blaring what sounds like a fan the entire time, and he proceeds to grab a machete and murder me immediately. He messages "im a. killer" to me. First time I've encountered poo poo like that. Amazed at what a bad mood it put me in. Then I move to another game and Jason finds me immediately.

Life is hard.

Team killing and counselors working with Jason is stupid as hell and I wish there could be more consequences for that poo poo. I haven't encountered too much of it thankfully. I could really do without being matched with Koreans and Russians and the 200 plus ping they bring. But hey at least all their racial slurs are in other languages! :unsmith:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the three english words every chinese motherfucker seems to know are "gently caress you american"

it really helps smooth over the guilt of chadding all over them because they're universally awful at the game

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Just had a depressing Jason game. No counsellors were even remotely working together, none of them fought back and all of them ran in straight lines away from me until they ran out of stamina. It was like playing a fighting game on 'beginner' difficulty.

Just grab them and slowly drag them to the most fun environmental kill. Either they figure out how to escape or at least you get to feel neat killing them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am loving continually impressed by just how fun this game is in spite of its flaws. I hope the devs get plenty of funding to keep putting out content and fixing poo poo because right now lack of maps and exploit/network fuckery are probably the biggest problems. I'd love to see this asymmetrical horror thing become a thing because Dead by Daylight was a disappointment but this is pretty great and it'd be neat to see what other refinements on the formula bring.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

I am loving continually impressed by just how fun this game is in spite of its flaws. I hope the devs get plenty of funding to keep putting out content and fixing poo poo because right now lack of maps and exploit/network fuckery are probably the biggest problems. I'd love to see this asymmetrical horror thing become a thing because Dead by Daylight was a disappointment but this is pretty great and it'd be neat to see what other refinements on the formula bring.

what you think of the game now

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DrNutt posted:

I can't believe this is good either. It's such a tough genre to do right. I think it succeeds based on the compromises it makes, sometimes Jason morphs on top of you to start and you have a short, boring round, and that's okay!

Right now, what frustrates me most is when I spend five minutes juking and dodging, just to see half my teammates hiding under beds when I die. Use that time to get poo poo done! I don't know how anyone plays to beat the timer, it's so boring.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Somberbrero posted:

I can't believe this is good either. It's such a tough genre to do right. I think it succeeds based on the compromises it makes, sometimes Jason morphs on top of you to start and you have a short, boring round, and that's okay!

Right now, what frustrates me most is when I spend five minutes juking and dodging, just to see half my teammates hiding under beds when I die. Use that time to get poo poo done! I don't know how anyone plays to beat the timer, it's so boring.

I think it helps a lot that this game is based around 2-3 campers usually getting away, not a clean sweep one way or the other. Campers are going to die and playing as one your odds aren't good, but if you're smart and lucky you have a decent shot at getting out. On the other hand, it's super rare for everyone to make it out because Jason's biggest weakness is that he can't be everywhere at once - but he is almost certain to ruin at least a couple of campers each game.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

:eyepop:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
*dies 20 seconds in for the 30th time*
Hmm yes maybe I shouldn't engage Jason in solo combat

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

This game is really fun because it's meant to be played with the same mindset as watching a slasher movie. You know some teens are going to die, and you want some cool deaths. Sometimes Crispin Glover asks for a corkscrew.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sticky Nate posted:

This game is really fun because it's meant to be played with the same mindset as watching a slasher movie. You know some teens are going to die, and you want some cool deaths. Sometimes Crispin Glover asks for a corkscrew.

Honestly, who doesn't let Jason do the birdbath if he catches you near one?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Watching a Kenny double kill two counselors with a single shotgun and resulting in negative 2k xp is glorious.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, sometimes it feels lovely to start the round and get morphed on by Jason after the first Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma. But unlike a lot of other competitive games I never mind dying and spectating because it's still tense and fun to watch, and hey, free 500xp to finish the round.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm not sure if I don't like playing Jason because I'm not that good at it or because I can't find good music to play over voice while I do it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sticky Nate posted:

I'm not sure if I don't like playing Jason because I'm not that good at it or because I can't find good music to play over voice while I do it.

the correct answer is any cheesy chart-topper from the 80s

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, sometimes it feels lovely to start the round and get morphed on by Jason after the first Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma. But unlike a lot of other competitive games I never mind dying and spectating because it's still tense and fun to watch, and hey, free 500xp to finish the round.

To be fair, most of the time when that happens to me, it's because I spawn next to the phone and go in to check it anyway. I know I shouldn't, but I can't not.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Somberbrero posted:

To be fair, most of the time when that happens to me, it's because I spawn next to the phone and go in to check it anyway. I know I shouldn't, but I can't not.

Same but with the big lodge in Pawkaton or whatever the gently caress. It's like catnip for me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Snatch Duster posted:

Watching a Kenny double kill two counselors with a single shotgun and resulting in negative 2k xp is glorious.

I tried to tell people to stay in the car, but they just had to all go out. We needed to stun Jason and I had a shiny gun that was itching to be used. Granted, I wasn't expecting to kill two people. It was tragically hilarious.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sticky Nate posted:

Easy

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coolguye posted:

the correct answer is any cheesy chart-topper from the 80s

Classical opera is also a fine choice I've seen a few Jasons use.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's chchchch killkillkill

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I had a good game with Jason 7 today. First counselor I found dropped his weapon and said if I let him go he'd tell me where someone was.

I let him and chased after the other dude. I found a guy who claimed he just got the game. I let him run off.

Somehow I forgot about the boat and two people got away.

Dude I let go the first time gets caught and begs me to let him go. I murder him.

He comes back as Tommy as I'm chasing after Vanessa. He offers to kill her for me. I don't answer because I've already got her gripped. He shoots her, says "Oh poo poo" and I whack him one. He babbles about how he just helped me. I tell him he took my kill and grab him and campfire kill him. He says he'll get me next game.

The noob was the final survivor. I still killed him. He got a good run out of it.

Team kill Tommy realized after the match that I hadn't agreed to him killing Vanessa and apologized to both of us.

I've also had a couple of matches end within a minute of starting because Jason spots me and just tunnel visions my rear end while the other counselors are loving around at the car.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I legit can't hear it as "ki ki ki ma ma ma" no matter how hard I try. There's no M sound dammit :saddowns:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

verbal enema posted:

It's chchchch killkillkill

It's Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma. The guy who wrote the score and did it has explained it in every Friday documentary.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

joylessdivision posted:

It's Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma. The guy who wrote the score and did it has explained it in every Friday documentary.

It's a loading screen tip in the game, not that I can hear the m sound either. :3:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DrNutt posted:

It's a loading screen tip in the game, not that I can hear the m sound either. :3:

Yeah that too.:argh:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Chi chi chimi cha cha changa is what I usually say when i catch people as jason.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OxMan posted:

Chi chi chimi cha cha changa is what I usually say when i catch people as jason.

Deadpool parachute account spotted

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
I just had an unique bunch of games. I died in the middle of a match, so I ended up in spectator mode, and saw that another player had somehow glitched into a tent. "Oh great, a glitch abuser" I said out loud.

2 minutes later I found out he had friends in that session as well, because he immediately messaged me on PSN chat. His message consisted of telling me to "shut your loving mouth, calling me a goof and a "pussy rear end nigga," his words, not mine, and saying that he was stuck and couldn't move.

This was followed by me explaining that I thought he was abusing a glitch based on my experiences in the game and apologizing for the misunderstanding.

Surprisingly enough, that calmed him down and he immediately apologized and invited me to a couple sessions with him and his friends. I didn't know he and his friends were team killers, so during my time sneaking around fixing up the car, in the background, they were killing other counselors and trying to kill Jason, but ignoring me while I remained oblivious to the chaos in the background. The end result was me escaping in a car after looting the keys off a dead Chad, while one of the TKer's went after a Jason with a baseball bat.

Second session had me watching from a safe distance as they fixed up a car, after shooting a Vanessa who had the keys, and promptly ran over a Tommy when was coming up to help. Jason showed, and they panicked and drove into a barn, running over a couple counselors in the process. Then they ended up stuck in a creek, screaming at each other, while Jason and I just stood there watching them argue. The best part was when they both got out and went after each other while we just watched.

The result was Jason letting me leave in the car again, while the two players fought in the background, resulting in me being the only survivor once again.

The lobby though was very, very salty due to both the TKer's and victims screaming at each other, while I just sat back and listened, before calling it a night afterwards and leaving.

One of the more interesting matches I've had so far.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I pretty much always play Bonnie Tyler, Cyndi Lauper, Whitney Houston, WHAM!, etc.

It owns. The younger pubbies work so much harder to avoid dying to a cheesy soundtrack.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The best Jason I've played against was an overly polite and friendly guy who kept asking for hugs and killing people exclusively with bear hugs.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma was a thing even in the first movie when it was Pam killing people, so the explanation of it being a voice in Jason's head makes no sense. Unless it was Pam hearing Jason speak, and then later Jason hearing himself speak :colbert:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I think I'm getting worse at this game the more I play it

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lastdancer posted:

I think I'm getting worse at this game the more I play it

PRESS E! loving PRESS E GODDAMNIT LASTDANCER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathChicken posted:

That Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma was a thing even in the first movie when it was Pam killing people, so the explanation of it being a voice in Jason's head makes no sense. Unless it was Pam hearing Jason speak, and then later Jason hearing himself speak :colbert:

At this point it's just a really cool sound associated with Jason despite it being the call of his mom's diseased mind.

Also gently caress we had a few rounds tonight. Jesus Christ. Gonna have to go into it tomorrow

EDIT- THAT, THAT RIGHT THERE DUSTER, THAT'S WHY I GOT IN THE loving CAR RIGHT WHEN IT HIT THE EXIT

• Locked thread