Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jinh posted:

the main menu being covered in flames is apt symbolism for the whole game right now

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

So (end of MSQ speculation) I was wondering whether or not we would be facing Zenos right when we hit level 70 or if the liberation of Ala Mhigo was going to be dragged out through the content patches. Being that the quest achievement grants the title "Liberator" and Ala Mhigo is an instance (which wasn't listed in the E3 build), I guess we can assume that we do kill Zenos at the end of the 4.0 MSQ.

idk what you're posting about since im avoiding spoilers but your avatar and redtext is a work of art.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I'm having problems with my sound. It seems like im missing a ton of sound effects during battle. I only noticed this when I hit 60 on Sam and moved to doing the SB questline. Am I crazy?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kuai posted:

I'm having problems with my sound. It seems like im missing a ton of sound effects during battle. I only noticed this when I hit 60 on Sam and moved to doing the SB questline. Am I crazy?

Earlier today something happened that caused my music to stop playing. I fixed it by shutting down the client and logging back in. Maybe try the same thing (when there aren't 700+ people in the login queue)?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

are you doing a fate with a billion other people because that happens

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Is it true that the whole Raubauhn, Pippin, 90006, 90002, Susano thing is only affecting NA data centers? If so, I think I might actually be mad.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

kaempfer0080 posted:

Is it true that the whole Raubauhn, Pippin, 90006, 90002, Susano thing is only affecting NA data centers? If so, I think I might actually be mad.
JP players are just too good at forming lines.

Really though, I'm 99% sure it's affecting everyone (although some maybe in different amounts)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kaempfer0080 posted:

It's not true, suffering is universal my friend.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

kaempfer0080 posted:

No, they are effecting other data centers too. Or were, at the very least: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c8c9abd7eb4687ce3ec8294112106b70f4584650 - they just recently fixed the 90k stuff for one of the Japanese data centers.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

alright, 3 times in a row 90k'ing trying to get into potd is enough for me for one night

yoship how could you i thought we were friends

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
feels loving bad when you're in a shatter with one healer and take the most damage on your team as a loving samurai

being ranged is still way too good in frontlines, especially with how much damage people do now

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also for whoever was asking earlier - lvl 62 has a considerable impact on SAM gameplay. Somewhere between 3x-4x as much Kenki if you hit your single target positionals, but you still get more than pre-62 if you're solo/lazy. Quite a bit more Kenki during AoE as well. You get an oGCD single target attack that you can use, like, every other combo while still having Kaiten for every Midare. It owns.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

isk posted:

Also for whoever was asking earlier - lvl 62 has a considerable impact on SAM gameplay. Somewhere between 3x-4x as much Kenki if you hit your single target positionals, but you still get more than pre-62 if you're solo/lazy. Quite a bit more Kenki during AoE as well. You get an oGCD single target attack that you can use, like, every other combo while still having Kaiten for every Midare. It owns.

I started to write something about this but wrote a sentence that kind of looked like "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka" so I hit the back button and walked away from my computer.

But yeah, you get a trait that makes all WS generate Kenki, except for Iaijutsu. At 62 you will suddenly be drowning in it and won't have to wonder, "how do i have enough to kaiten higanbana, use guren, and kaiten midare setsugekka". It will probably become more difficult to manage at later levels when you have more options to spend it on.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stormblood is good

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

kaempfer0080 posted:

At long last, a fitting reprisal for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Got in to levelling roulette. This has to be the first time I was happy to see Toto Rak as I loaded in.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So they fixed the JP servers. Maybe they'll remember they have more NA players than JP and do us next.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c8c9abd7eb4687ce3ec8294112106b70f4584650

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope somebody saves Ala Mhigo. It won't be me, but somebody should.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

So they fixed the JP servers. Maybe they'll remember they have more NA players than JP and do us next.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c8c9abd7eb4687ce3ec8294112106b70f4584650

this isn't raubahn right?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

its only the 90k stuff i think

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Countblanc posted:

It's at least related because all those instances of DC'd players need to expire in order for a new one to open.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Susano stuff:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/79d6a111877eea6b26de4f4c3c9177f334bfe126

apparently the issue is/was people doing emotes when they accept the queue (/dance, /sit, possibly dismounting?, etc.).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what the actual gently caress

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Computer science is less a science and more mystical voodoo bullshit. MMOs in particular have a tendency to run on barely functional spaghetti code where even something as simple as changing the back stab damage multiplier on a rouge's ability causes all of the NPCs in the barrens to die.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

Computer science is less a science and more mystical voodoo bullshit. MMOs in particular have a tendency to run on barely functional spaghetti code where even something as simple as changing the back stab damage multiplier on a rouge's ability causes all of the NPCs in the barrens to die.

I refuse to believe an mmo rebuilt from the bones of a previous one could be full of spaghetti code.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Minrad posted:

man who lost all hope loses last additional bit of hope he didn't know he still had

:same:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I refuse to believe an mmo rebuilt from the bones of a previous one could be full of spaghetti code.

That's right. It's full of skeleton and ghost code.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Susano stuff:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/79d6a111877eea6b26de4f4c3c9177f334bfe126

apparently the issue is/was people doing emotes when they accept the queue (/dance, /sit, possibly dismounting?, etc.).

I imagine that has to do with the thing they added that's supposed to return you to the previous emote or w/e after you come out of the queue.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wish the raubahn issue was also a stupid thing like that so they could say "ok it isnt fixed but if you mash spacebar for 20 seconds before clicking him it'll work" or whatever

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Oxyclean posted:

I imagine that has to do with the thing they added that's supposed to return you to the previous emote or w/e after you come out of the queue.

I'm really glad they put resources in to fixing that.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

You mean this 4.0 fix?

quote:

Emotes used in the Aquapolis immediately before the gate selection cutscene will no longer be canceled.

Next it's going to turn out that the Raubahn problem is related to the fix for Lalafell camera crafting angles

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

You mean this 4.0 fix?

No, the one that returns you to sitting position when you come back from a duty.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

ahem,

Lmao.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well I'm glad that was a simple fix. Maybe now they'll loosen the reigns on Raubahn? I feel like they want to see what other fires crop up at this point.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well I'm glad that was a simple fix. Maybe now they'll loosen the reigns on Raubahn? I feel like they want to see what other fires crop up at this point.

you're a funny guy

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
/sit EX Primal

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Oh god, it's because of persistent emotes. The Susano MSQ is the only quest that spits you out underwater when it's finished, and the game doesn't know how to render you doing /sit (or any other persistent emote) underwater, so it throws a directx error and crashes. :argh: I can see exactly how that would get by QA, too, since it's an interaction between two changes.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Why are people emoting at the NPCs in the first place? A lot of role players play this game or something? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

sunken fleet posted:

Why are people emoting at the NPCs in the first place? A lot of role players play this game or something? :lol:

It's more likely persistent emotes like /sit that are causing it just because of the change from ground to water.