Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i want to believe

How do I explain to my (48F) daughter (16F) that her father (51M) is in prison for the right reasons? She believes he is innocent, and I know he is not, and I don't know how to tell her that I was involved in what he did as well.
That's... probably not the right thing to continually lie to your kids about for 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Haifisch posted:

"If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, you've got to show me this 'Pike Place Market' you keep telling me about"

I hate this rear end in a top hat purposely being extra twee.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[SC] Call Center Fire Alarm Policy (self.legaladvice)

quote:

I work at a call center in SC, we had a fire drill not too long ago where they explained the fire alarm policy. Management told us if the alarm goes off, that we were not to stop taking calls unless the manager on duty blows a whistle 3 times first.

If someone were to exit the building anyway and then were reprimanded for it would they have a leg to stand on?

:capitalism:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

The sad:

My (25F) BF (23M) can't read or spell. I'm tired of reading everything for him and concerned about his future

That is heartbreaking. My father in law graduated high school barely able to read (but can read the paper) and is also deaf with a single side cochlear implant. He is actually a really smart person who could have done really well as an engineer or something if he had had proper schooling but instead they sent a deaf kid to regular school and told him to read lips and follow his older brother's lead. This has limited his options in life.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i want to believe

How do I explain to my (48F) daughter (16F) that her father (51M) is in prison for the right reasons? She believes he is innocent, and I know he is not, and I don't know how to tell her that I was involved in what he did as well.

Wow please put Veronica's plot for the next season of Riverdale in spoilers, thanks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I hate this rear end in a top hat purposely being extra twee.

OTOH he didn't say "Pike's Place" so he deserves knighthood.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How do I [26/F] get over my married coworker [41/M] that I've been sleeping with?

quote:

"Eric" and I have been working together for the last 3 years. He got married to "Kelly" 7 months ago. We don't work in the same department, and neither of us has a conflict of interest. But, I felt a great professional connection with him early on and he became a mentor to me. His advice really helped me grow, and I've been promoted three times thanks to his tips and pointers.

Eric is also really attractive. He's tall, athletic, and dresses well. He has a great sense of humor, and I felt like we "clicked". So, 2 years ago, when the two of us were the only ones left after happy hour, I asked him if he wanted to come back to my place. He wasn't married at the time, and I didn't know he was dating his now-wife. The sex was mindblowing, and we've kept it up ever since. When I first heard about Kelly, he told me she was asexual, and that she didn't mind him doing these things as long as it was "just sex". At the time, I thought that was okay. Now, I am realizing that I am madly in love with Eric. I don't know how to make him leave his wife (or if I should even think about making him leave his wife). I don't want to be the "other woman" forever.

Two weeks ago, I told Eric that we had to break it off. He wasn't too happy, but he accepted my decision. Last week, I changed my mind and the sex was even hotter than usual. I want to stop, but I don't know how.

What should I do?

tl;dr: Sleeping with married coworker with asexual wife, don't want to get stuck in this arrangement forever

"How do I stop loving my married coworker? Besides not loving my married coworker help me find a different solution than that"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Danaru posted:

How do I [26/F] get over my married coworker [41/M] that I've been sleeping with?

"How do I stop loving my married coworker? Besides not loving my married coworker help me find a different solution than that"

Ritualistic Japanese suicide.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Female (23) has random dream about male acquaintance (23),

quote:

A few months ago, I had an extremely romantic dream about dating a Facebook friend I met in college but with whom I've never had a real conversation. For a few days afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about him, despite the fact that I hadn't seen him in four years. Last night, I had another dream about him, and now I can't shake off the crazy feeling that we're somehow meant to be together.

What should I do? Would it be weird to suddenly reach out and say hi, even though we've never really talked? If not, how should I go about it? Any advice would really be appreciated.

FYI: we met in a student org, participated in a few activities together, and have mutual friends.

TL;DR: Would you be happy or creeped out if someone random from your past suddenly messaged you out of the blue?

Death to romcoms

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Danaru posted:

she should just meet the unknowing wife and get killed

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Danaru posted:

Death to romcoms

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i know im real late but this kind of person was my sponsor when i got to my base and i still hate that guy to this day because i got in a bunch of trouble for not knowing all the poo poo he didn't tell me or show me

folks, your failson will just make the already-garbage military even worse. please, don't

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

"How do I stop doing this very easy to stop doing thing" is up there with "Complicated is a euphenism for me having a crush on someone who doesn't reciprocate" and "Insanely poor behavior by partner exhibited - dumping is off the table but is this really even bad?"

also, this has nothing to do with loving married coworkers, but I started watching your MSG1 playthrough and it's amazing and makes me sad I'm too broke to go pick up a PS69 or whatever they're on to play through again

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maskenfreiheit posted:

"How do I stop doing this very easy to stop doing thing" is up there with "Complicated is a euphenism for me having a crush on someone who doesn't reciprocate" and "Insanely poor behavior by partner exhibited - dumping is off the table but is this really even bad?"

also, this has nothing to do with loving married coworkers, but I started watching your MSG1 playthrough and it's amazing and makes me sad I'm too broke to go pick up a PS69 or whatever they're on to play through again

You can play most of the series on a PS3 for cheap

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Not loving your coworker is hot. :jackbud:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You can play most of the series on a PS3 for cheap

What about PS4? Might as well get the latest, if possible...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maskenfreiheit posted:

What about PS4? Might as well get the latest, if possible...

I don't think you can play 1-4 on PS4 but I just checked and actually the whole thing is available on ps3

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
My [34 F] Dad [66 M] Accidentally Sends Me Texts Meant For His Girlfriend [60's F]

(repeatedly)

happy father's day :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't think you can play 1-4 on PS4 but I just checked and actually the whole thing is available on ps3

The Legacy collection has MG1 and 2, MGS1-3 and Peace Walker, 4 is one of the easiest to find games on the console and Ground Zeroes and Phantkm Pain are both fine on PS3.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

PleasingFungus posted:

My [34 F] Dad [66 M] Accidentally Sends Me Texts Meant For His Girlfriend [60's F]

(repeatedly)

happy father's day :)

At least dad's girlfriend isn't a 20 year old

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
My (26m) girlfriend (24f) doesn't think she cheated on me because she had sex with another girl.

quote:

Like the title says my girlfriend of **8 years** had sex with a coworker last weekend when they went out clubbing together. Not just making out, full blown sex with each other.

When she told me it's like she thought I'd think it was hot or funny or something. She was giggling. Well I don't think it's funny or hot at all. I think it is cheating and I am seriously a wreck over this. She told me I'm being ridiculous and that it's not cheating because it was with a girl. I have no idea why she seems to think that it's only sex when a penis goes inside her.

To make matters worse, she won't apologize. She is actually mad at me for being mad at her. She said she had just always wanted to experiment with a girl but she's not a lesbian or even bi so it's not a big deal. She is acting so hurt over the fact that I would think she would cheat and doesn't understand why I am not turned on by this. I feel like I am losing my drat mind.

8 years with this girl. I love her to pieces, I have been saving up to try to be able to buy us a house in the next year. I think if she would recognize her mistake and apologize I would be willing to forgive and try to move on. The fact that she won't apologize or own up to what she did makes me even angrier and I don't know if I can forgive her for that.

Am I being overly harsh? What she did was definitely wrong and cheating... right? I am just losing so much sleep over this and starting to feel like I am crazy. The two friends I have actually told so far back me up that it's cheating but feel like I should forgive, even if she doesn't ever apologize or feel wrong for what she did. I don't know if I can settle for that.

TL;DR: LT girlfriend cheated on me with another woman. She doesn't think it's cheating and thought I'd be turned on by it. I am really upset but even more upset that she won't apologize or even recognize what she had done is wrong.

the sequel to 'men who have sex with men (NOT GAY)'

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
bonus for the last one: peep the ages + relationship length

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
OP needs to hit the local gloryhole then say "oh it's ok it wasn't a woman" and see how his GF reacts

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

maskenfreiheit posted:

OP needs to hit the local gloryhole then say "oh it's ok it wasn't a woman" and see how his GF reacts

Hey I mean if her getting double teamed is such a hard sell whaddyagondo? :shrug:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

PleasingFungus posted:

bonus for the last one: peep the ages + relationship length

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If she was gonna tell him thinking he'd think it was hot the least she could have done was recorded it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think it's very weird that a 18 year old dated a 16 year old

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I don't think it's weird that someone who's been in the same relationship since they were sixteen has one or two regressive views on sex.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The guy is the one with the regressive views tho?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blue Train posted:

The guy is the one with the regressive views tho?

The regressive views in question are, "I know I hosed a girl, but it doesn't count because I am not lesbian or bi".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Or simply "Gay stuff isn't real sex."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

P regressive to call her gay just because she has sex with another woman, imo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
"It's not cheating because I was just experimenting. Hehe! :sparkles:" is what I expect a teenager might pull, not a 24 year old who knows full well what she's doing. Gross.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

quote:

My [25f] step father [58m] just told me he no longer wants to be my dad and told me to only be in contact him if I need money, all while knowing my biological father did the same exact thing to me as a child. I feel broken all over again.Non-Romantic
submitted 7 hours ago by throwaway42990
This is long but I'm at a complete loss and any advice would be incredibly helpful. But I do have to give a little background in order to express my situation appropriately:
When I was 7, my biological father (Jon) gave up his role as a father and passed them to my now step father (Carl) who instantly called me his daughter and took responsibility immediately, and he's been my dad ever since. He's a businessman and CEO of a company, and his family that I was adopted into has tremendous wealth, as well as tremendous dysfunction. My mother emotionally and verbally abused me from a kid until I was 22 (where I finally left and estranged myself from her by choice, for my mental health's sake), and Carl would avoid and ignore the abuse when it happened, even when I begged for help. Because of the chronic stress and anxiety I had throughout my childhood, I developed an autoimmune disease (I later found it was due to my completely depleted adrenal glands) and became very, very sick. It's taken four years of dedication and insanely hard work to get back to the healthy state I'm at now.
He's an on and off again addict to pills and alcohol, and used to be addicted to opiates but who knows at this stage if it's current. He got out of rehab last year and seemed to be so much better, happier, and I saw a genuine change in him when my fiancé and I visited him. We even sat down and he apologized for everything he had contributed to when I was a kid that he hadn't realized he'd done, and would do everything he could to make it up to me. It seemed to be going well this past year.
I'm a circus artist training at a university that offers a bachelor's degree in circus arts.It's an absolute honor and dream of many (including me) to graduate and succeed through this school, and in our final year of training we get to showcase the act that we've been working on for the last three years to show to the public for the first time, and is a very well known event. It's a very, very big deal to me, and something I had been telling Carl about since 2015, and he's been saying how excited he was to be traveling here to see me perform. It's also a great chance to be able to support me.
Last night, hours before his flight, he texts me last minute profusely apologizing about how he suddenly can't make it. He gave a list of excuses, one of them being that he has another tumor in his ear (something he had admitted to me last year was a lie, and had apologized for and blamed it on his lack of sobriety), another being "work emergencies," and then an excuse about how the lease to his new apartment hasn't been signed/his agent is being difficult and he can't leave the country without doing it first (he's also moving in way too quickly with his new girlfriend).
I reminded him that he had admitted to my fiancé and I that his ear tumors were not real, and said that unless I'm sitting in the doctor's office with him and hear it from his own mouth, to not insult my intelligence by bringing that up to me again. That's when he started deflecting, and suddenly saying that after thinking about what I had said, he's realizing that he just isn't cut out to be a father and needs to stop pretending to be someone he's not. He said it would be best if we stopped talking and that I only contact him if I need money, and that he only knows how to show he cares by financially supporting me. He also told me to not come visit him while I'm home next week (I have a flight booked for back home when my school holiday begins).
I reminded him that this is the worst possible thing someone could ever say to me, given that I've already been abandoned by Jon, yet Jon had chosen to continue being a father to my half sister Vicky. I told Carl that if he truly is about to do the same thing to me as Jon did, he better be sending these texts to my two other step/half sisters, otherwise he is doing the same EXACT thing that my dad did to me, and he is singling me out as I've always been throughout my life. His response to that was to twist my words around and say "I refuse to read the rest of your texts after reading what you just wrote about how sad you were that Jess has to have me as a father. Please spare us both the pain and stop texting." I told him to stop manipulating the situation in order to deflect and distract me from remembering that he completely hosed me over and broke my trust beyond repair. He keeps pretending that he hasn't read my texts and only says to contact him if I need money. I tried calling so many times because I refuse to deal with serious issues via text, but he blocked me each time. I'm at a complete loss.
I called my sister Jess, and she was shocked because apparently Carl had told her weeks ago that he was going to fly to Oregon to visit her on the same weekend he was supposed to be seeing my show. Jess also had no idea about the ear tumors. He was never planning on coming to Australia and he never had ear tumors, and I'm realizing now that he deliberately created that lie in order to manipulate me into feeling sorry for him, as I'm the "empathetic" sister and he knew it wouldn't work with Jess.
When I was a kid, he convinced me that he was secretly in the CIA and I wasn't to tell a soul even through text, otherwise he could be sent to jail and they'll track him down. He went even further to try and convince me that a telescope he had bought was secretly a nuclear weapon that agents had sent to him to keep until further notice. It's been four years and it's still just sitting in his spare bedroom. He has a history of bipolar disorder so I'm assume that it's related to his illness. The terrifying part is that he is so incredibly convincing and such a good liar, I don't know what's true and what's not. I feel like an idiot for even buying into any of those stories when I was younger, but now I am just concerned. I can't tell if this "ear tumor" bullshit is part of his bipolarity, or if he's just a straight up loving liar.
I'm absolutely disgusted and heartbroken as he is the only family I have left. My mother's side of the family is just as abusive, so I refuse to let them back into my life. His family doesn't really speak to me unless I'm at a family gathering and I don't feel close enough to reach out to them about this, although I'm tempted to do it anyway since this is just absolutely insane. The only person I'm now in touch with is Carl's daughter/my step sister, who has also kept Carl at a distance because of how much he has hurt her too.
I'm supposed to fly home next Sunday, but he told me not to go visit him. I just can't stop crying and am at a complete loss on how to handle this. I know I have to keep my distance, but I also am in a situation where I'm financially reliant on him due to being a full time student in a foreign country, and because of my health condition I haven't been able to work while juggling a full time training regimen at school. I HATE that I am financially dependent on him right now, and I vowed a long time ago to not have to be in this position once I'm hired into a company and find my feet after graduating, but that's the reality I'm in right now. It hurts so much to know that the only way he will respond is if I ask for money. I just want a dad.
What do I even do right now? He's always had bipolar disorder, but no one ever knows to what extent since he is so good at masking it and being such a good liar, and saying how he's on medicine that keeps him in complete control. He has a history of manipulating and lying to everyone in his life, and I thought that would have gone away when he got sober, or at least he wouldn't dare do that to me after knowing what I've been through. I was very mistaken. You can't help someone who won't accept help, and I'm realizing that no matter what happens, I need to keep him at a distance from now on because I will never trust him again. But I just don't know how to handle this current situation at all... especially when my own father is acting like a child and refuses to even take my call or read a text. If anyone has any advice on how to move forward, it would be incredibly appreciated. I'm so sorry for rambling, but I'm at a loss and don't even know how to stoop to this level of dysfunction.
tl;dr - My step father just told me he doesn't want to be a father to me anymore, and told me to only contact him for financial reasons.

I'm not gonna lie, I posted it mainly for the bolded part.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I posted it mainly for the bolded part.

That's the only part I read, worth it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ZearothK posted:

The regressive views in question are, "I know I hosed a girl, but it doesn't count because I am not lesbian or bi".

what if i'm not gay, straight, or bi? do i just get to gently caress everybody?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yes, if you are asexual you can gently caress whatever in a closed relationship and it doesn't count because it is not real sex and it's your SO who's wrong for being mad over it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Blue Train posted:

P regressive to call her gay just because she has sex with another woman, imo

Good thing I didn't, then.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Girlfriend is an instagram model with a huge following. A "friend" deleted her instagram. Can she sue??

quote:

My girlfriend was at a party and according to her she left her phone unattended while she went to use the bathroom. She had more than a million followers and instagram revenue from ads is her main source of income. Her "friend" admitted to deleting her instagram after guessing her password, due to being envious.

As some as you may know getting a big following on instagram is really hard and my gf has put a lot of effort into this. What can she sue for?

quote:

last year she made $65k. this year she was at $48k in the beggining of the month

I don't...how do you even...65k??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

Girlfriend is an instagram model with a huge following. A "friend" deleted her instagram. Can she sue??

I don't...how do you even...65k??????

Good.