Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Are you telling me Cid would straight up lie to me when he told me Alexander was a primal? Cid is my friend he wouldn't do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Hey, after all the expansion hype I decided to try this game again.
Last time I played I tried dragoon till ~35 and found the gameplay rather boring.

Is there a melee with a more interesting (WoW-esque) rotation? Priorities and procs or something like that? Would go for a caster too, but a melee with a cool playstyle would be best.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

i've been using this autohotkey script for over 6 hours on my desktop, no luck. Jesus Christ Square.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

cybertier posted:

Hey, after all the expansion hype I decided to try this game again.
Last time I played I tried dragoon till ~35 and found the gameplay rather boring.

Is there a melee with a more interesting (WoW-esque) rotation? Priorities and procs or something like that? Would go for a caster too, but a melee with a cool playstyle would be best.
Ninja is about keeping up a couple of buffs and debuffs, and also has a very satisfying combo system to throw out big moves every 40 seconds or so.
Monk is a lot of linked moves and you have to keep like four or five plates spinning in the air at all times but it can throw out a ton of damage if you get into your groove.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I GOT IN THEY FIXED IT?

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
Bearing in mind it's like 4:40am Pacific right now I'm giving this a "maybe." Could just be demand is low right now and it'll go back to spitting at us when people wake up.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
A ton of people just got through.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
All the queues for the instances on Exodus just went from ~60 to ~3.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah I got it working too.

Even if it's temporary, people who can log in should go do so.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Whew, you thought Raubahn was hard?

Wait until you have to perfume the rear end of every citizen in The Reach once you're done. :lol:

I want an overhead camera/heatmap tracker of the horde of people that are doing laps in here now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who should I talk to about getting in on the Goon FC on Omega?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yeah, think something happened - either SE implemented some fixes or other realms on the data center went down. Cold Steel worked with no drama, and when I was done there were 2/3rds fewer folks around Raubahn. Rhaelgr's Reach is packed with folks doing fetch quests.

*edit - yep, 9000xs at Pipin. Awesome.

isk fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 18, 2017

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Who should I talk to about getting in on the Goon FC on Omega?

Info is in the second post of this thread.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They didn't implement any fixes, chances are they just turned off the limiter or relaxed it.

You can now load the instances, get disconnected with 90006, then be unable to get back into the game with 90002. Progress I guess. What a shitshow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Info is in the second post of this thread.

Ohhh I'll get in on that sometime within the next decade, many steps.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If you get a 90k in an instance it keeps 90k-ing you because it thinks you were just a normal disconnect from an instance and it is trying to reunite you with your lost party/instance. It may a coincidence but logging into (and waiting on the queue) on another character and then doing it again for main character worked for me.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I know this is just going to draw out more white knighting, but this is worse than WoD launch was. WoD was as bad a situation, but it was resolved much more quickly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Christ, if the mobs in raubahn's duty weren't so insanely inflated I probably could of made it past pipin before the instances broke again.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

VanillaGorilla posted:

I know this is just going to draw out more white knighting, but this is worse than WoD launch was. WoD was as bad a situation, but it was resolved much more quickly.

WoD took a few days, but Blizzard consistently performed rolling restarts.

Leal posted:

Christ, if the mobs in raubahn's duty weren't so insanely inflated I probably could of made it past pipin before the instances broke again.

Are they actually that inflated? I've seen some bitching in shout and yell, but figured people were just bein' grumpy about the wait.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

WoD took a few days, but Blizzard consistently performed rolling restarts.

Are they actually that inflated? I've seen some bitching in shout and yell, but figured people were just bein' grumpy about the wait.

Probably didn't help that I was an ast, and probably I should of focused on the robot more instead of the incidental mobs, but christ it took me like 10 minutes to do. Never have I thought "Dammit why couldn't I draw an ewer?" before.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I had almost forgotten how liberating a feeling it is to unlock flight after having been stuck to the ground for so long in a zone, especially in a place like Yanxia where you have to deal with annoying height differences. Really makes you realize just how huge the zones are too.

Also a guy in the Ruby Sea was asking for a guide to the aether currents earlier, they apparently didn't know about the aether compass and had gone through the entirety of Heavensward without using it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah, I don't remember having this much trouble during WoD, but maybe I just got lucky in dodging the problems.

Rab is just banishing me to the phantom zone now... got a long load then kicked out. All attempts to re-login for awhile are met with a 90002.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It took all of 2 days to get the new Euro FC to Rank 8. You nerds.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

It took all of 2 days to get the new Euro FC to Rank 8. You nerds.

Really one and a half, we only got it set up saturday morning

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I don't remember having this much trouble during WoD, but maybe I just got lucky in dodging the problems.

Rab is just banishing me to the phantom zone now... got a long load then kicked out. All attempts to re-login for awhile are met with a 90002.

It's fine, all MMOs ever had these issues on launch days. Especially in the past 10 years!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Welp, if people were getting through before, it's back to cockblocking me at Cold Steel :suicide:

At least I got a 90k error this time. That's...a plus?

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Beat Lakshmi last night, now that is what i would call a pubbie stomper.
I had a competent party and we still wiped three times.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Welp, if people were getting through before, it's back to cockblocking me at Cold Steel :suicide:

At least I got a 90k error this time. That's...a plus?
same

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
just be online and ready to get past the quest when they undo the locks once every 26 hours, i don't see the problem. square is being quite generous.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

orcane posted:

It's fine, all MMOs ever had these issues on launch days. Especially in the past 10 years!

You obviously don't know what "server congestion" means. :smuggo:

Jesus Christ Raubahn is putting me in 90k logon loops now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

VanillaGorilla posted:

technically it launches on Tuesday

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

e: nevermind, just cleared it

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 18, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

technically it launches on Tuesday

Well no WoW expansion busted the game for the 3-4 days leading up to it's launch, so checkmate atheists.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

WoD's thing was not being able to get into your Garrison instance right? I don't remember that being an issue for more than a couple hours and I think I brute forced my way through that in less than that but I'm old and my memory isn't great.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
wod's thing was absurdly bad server stability and quests that bugged out and would not complete: one for your garrison, one with ogres on horde side. blizzard quickly hotfixed to skip both quests with auto completes. i don't think squeenix has the tech to do something similar, their current method seems to be raising the instance cap randomly for about an hour once every day now, and shutting the instance back off as soon as server problems start to crop up.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
WOD's thing was not being able to build your garrison if anyone else tried to click on the things at the same time, and then yeah, the garrison instance going down repeatedly for days and days.

Legion had a similar point of failure, but it was just for a world boss summon that almost no one cared about at launch, not...main story anything.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's taken over an hour in the log in queue to get to 596 players ahead of me. What on earth is happening

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Minrad posted:

just be online and ready to get past the quest when they undo the locks once every 26 hours, i don't see the problem. square is being quite generous.

Except it seems like it has been (mostly) fine for the last 2 hours. Maybe it is just fixed?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I will say this, when you can get past the bullshit, it's good content. Just did the first SB dungeon and had a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
To be frank, Alphy, this ain't my fight.

haha this game is forgiven all is forgiven