Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

VanillaGorilla posted:

I will say this, when you can get past the bullshit, it's good content. Just did the first SB dungeon and had a great time.

this is the part that's killing me, I was not really into the overall aesthetic of heavensward and everything in stormblood looks so good and I just have to like... sit here and stare at the 90k screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They have to know it's only gonna get worse at launch, right?

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Not sure what changed but when I logged in today I got through Raubahn and Pippin with no issues.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
yeah, I was having 90k issues earlier today but just did raubahn no problem

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

kaempfer0080 posted:

Not sure what changed but when I logged in today I got through Raubahn and Pippin with no issues.

My guess is that all the backend developers that everyone said were doing nothing were actually doing something

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

To be frank, Alphy, this ain't my fight.

haha this game is forgiven all is forgiven

What does he say to that, because I was lame and picked the for those we can yet save choice.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

My guess is that all the backend developers that everyone said were doing nothing were actually doing something

and they remain silent because?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Holyshoot posted:

Because you don't say something unless you're 100% sure it actually fixed the problem

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Jose Valasquez posted:

We can dream. I don't blame the developers for much, I blame the lack of a stress test(protip this is the stress test) and the abysmal communication. Mostly the communication. I haven't been that irked by it either because I feel like there's so many other things you can be doing to progress, but not being able to at least get in the new zones is pretty disappointing.

Just got a 90006 when leaving an instance, that's a first for me.

Also, what are the odds the 4.0 relics require Crystal Sands/Umbrite? Not sure what to spend poetics on for the moment.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ApplesandOranges posted:

What does he say to that, because I was lame and picked the for those we can yet save choice.

He's sad you feel that way, but is at least happy to know you'll speak your mind on the matter.

Catgirl Japan is extremely good, unfortunately also lacking in especially many catgirls or horngirls. Mostly just lame humans.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

You could celebrate, but what's going to break next?

Also, it's midnight there.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Holyshoot posted:

you assume that they even know they fixed it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Because it is still broken just less so. It still took me 3 tries to get through Pippin this morning, but at least I was able to get through it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finally beat Pipin. Savage raiding is a lot more difficult than I thought.

They give you a lot more dialogue choices this time around, or at least that's what it feels like. I dig it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a way to increase just the dialogue boxes in the UI? All the other UI parts are fine just those boxes are tiny on a PS4.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there a way to increase just the dialogue boxes in the UI? All the other UI parts are fine just those boxes are tiny on a PS4.

Virtual Mouse, right click the dialogue, continue holding right trigger, left click (trigger) to select scaling + size options.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Emalde posted:

Virtual Mouse, right click the dialogue, continue holding right trigger, left click (trigger) to select scaling + size options.

it doesn't seem to save the setting between sessions tho, which is annoying

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The side quests this expansion are mostly good. They're more like short stories and thus far I'm actually enjoying doing them. Quarry Grandpa rules.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Ran through Raubahn and Pipin as quickly as possible because I absolutely expected this to break again as more people logged in.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
alternatively it's Father's Day and people aren't waking up at 4 am to play vidder games

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im so close to getting back home, installing the updates and embracing her wormy delights.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Raubahn has accept me. I'm loving crying over here. I can't wait to see what wondrous mission lies beyond this gated instance.

*clicks unmoving robot enemy for like 15 loving minutes*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is the wall fixed? or *mostly* fixed? can't wait to actually play Stormblood

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Minrad posted:

The side quests this expansion are mostly good. They're more like short stories and thus far I'm actually enjoying doing them. Quarry Grandpa rules.

Almost all of them still lack actual quest texts though. I feel like it has to be unintended because it's real bizarre, especially since every quest that has a picture on it updates with text just like normal. I'm one of the 10 people who read quest texts so it's a surprisingly major bummer for me.

I wonder if it's the same in languages other than English.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Raubahn has accept me. I'm loving crying over here. I can't wait to see what wondrous mission lies beyond this gated instance.

*clicks unmoving robot enemy for like 15 loving minutes*

Pipin's is good at least.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
"What took you so long?!"

"I mean, it couldn't be as bad as the last time we stood around waiting for something to happen"

there's some really unfortunate NPC dialogue in light of raubahn savage

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

alternatively it's Father's Day and people aren't waking up at 4 am to play vidder games

how cute :shobon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Now that I can finally get past Father & Son, geez, the plot for Stormblood is already shaping up to be way better than Heavensward's. The Garlean Empire this time around is actually very hateworthy and I'm already looking forward to mounting the villains' heads on the end of my sword.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
early into kugane

hancock is real and powerful and he's my friend

also drat alphy can draw

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Pool of Tribute has the snarkiest description.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Augus posted:

is the wall fixed? or *mostly* fixed? can't wait to actually play Stormblood

Seems that way, at least for the time being, get It done while the going's good!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is the "get a piece of gear you don't have yet from completing a dungeon" thing just for HW dungeons, or stormblood too?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

is the "get a piece of gear you don't have yet from completing a dungeon" thing just for HW dungeons, or stormblood too?

The patch notes denote the change as affecting 3.x and 4.x, and they specifically mention lv61-69 dungeons in addition to the lv51-59 ones.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
sweet

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Haha, didn't expect some of the trailer stuff to show up this soon. Pippin's scene really delivers. :black101:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
So what's the good word? Are things working now? Did everyone FINALLY come to their senses and form an orderly line and clear the problem up immediately?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

dogsicle posted:

The patch notes denote the change as affecting 3.x and 4.x, and they specifically mention lv61-69 dungeons in addition to the lv51-59 ones.

Just curious. Does this apply even if you aren't actually the "proper" levelof the dungeon? I got Dusk Vigil (is the HW Vigil, right?) yesterday in LDR, but I wasn't paying attention.

Minrad posted:

"What took you so long?!"

"I mean, it couldn't be as bad as the last time we stood around waiting for something to happen"

there's some really unfortunate NPC dialogue in light of raubahn savage

I wanted to dent her goddamn face in when she said "What took you so long?"

Emalde
May 3, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

AST: Why won't loving anything that Squeenix has written down tell me if Minor Arcana randomly picks between Lord and Lady or if half the cards turn into Lord, and the other half turn into Lady, and WHICH HALVES!?

Not sure if anybody has answered yet, but it picks the minor arcana randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
At the Great Melee in Heavensward, does everyone fight Raubahn at the end or is it GC specific?