Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i got yer thinkpiece right here! *grabs crotch with confused expression on face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

how hard is it to look at the SJW media analysis thinkpiece/youtube industry and say "hm these people are dumb and bad" without becoming a nzai

ya, I can look at kotaku and think

holy poo poo, these people are insane

and yet somehow i didnt end up an alt-right lunatic

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nichael posted:

identity politics are essentially "hey maybe be nice to everyone!"

gently caress being nice to the rich, the wealthy deserve every bit of abuse that "CHUDs" fling their way

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

eonwe posted:

my favorite part about Kotaku is every article they do in the morning about Japan reads like it was written by a bot

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
hillary clinton deserve the worst possible abuse that the american prison system offers

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

eonwe posted:

i read kotaku and think "anime"

and if i feel good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

deadgoon posted:

hillary clinton deserves to eat a spinach pancake

Serf
May 5, 2011

kotaku mostly posts videogame news

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

*grabs crotch with confused expression on face*

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
when has video game journalism ever been anything but advertisement

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

bukeke

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

kotaku mostly posts videogame news

a lot of it is that one fat guy talking about Oreos tbh. "snacktaku"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ppl rly shouldn't be mad at hillary clinton because she gave us the greatest gift of all which is an utterly miserable donald j trump and the continuation of this, the 45th president of the united states of america donald j trump thread, instead of killing cspam for good and four years of benghazi hearings

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dril truly is the twitter prophet of our time

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im really loving mad about advertising, for instance, did u know they try to market movies to women now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my god

its full of stars

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

a lot of it is that one fat guy talking about Oreos tbh. "snacktaku"

i just scroll past that

the scroll wheel is the best mouse button

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deadgoon posted:

im really loving mad about advertising, for instance, did u know they try to market movies to women now
*instantly becomes a nazi virgin*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I just slept 5 to noon

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I'm gonna try to infiltrate one of these white supremacist splinter cells and report back to the thread

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

zegermans posted:

I just slept 5 to noon

well lookit mr fancy pants over here that has a clock

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why were we promised a pee tape or some kind of huge foreign ally intel drop last week and then we got nothing? is it because god hates us?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm gonna try to infiltrate one of these white supremacist splinter cells and report back to the thread
best stop showering now so as to preserve your cover

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

ppl rly shouldn't be mad at hillary clinton because she gave us the greatest gift of all which is an utterly miserable donald j trump and the continuation of this, the 45th president of the united states of america donald j trump thread, instead of killing cspam for good and four years of benghazi hearings

the immigrant families being tortured is a v bad turn of events

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Nichael posted:

why were we promised a pee tape or some kind of huge foreign ally intel drop last week and then we got nothing? is it because god hates us?

it's cause we are hilariously easy to bait.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

the immigrant families being tortured is a v bad turn of events

a lot of them voted for trump tho, at least many people tell me this

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i even turned off smilies for that post because theres nothing to smile about there

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

a lot of them voted for trump tho, at least many people tell me this

no one deserves torture even if they bungle into it on their own

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

man jeb took the loss hard

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nichael posted:

no im pretty sure something did drop, an anonymous foreign official said trump was dumb

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

i even turned off smilies for that post because theres nothing to smile about there

yeah, for real. poo poo was already bad under Obama and Bush, but now?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nichael posted:

best stop showering now so as to preserve your cover

I've been working on this part for years, bub

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
lol @ the idea of imperialists, whether democrat or republican, giving a gently caress about the welfare of mexicans

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

something something something lest you become one of them

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

deadgoon posted:

how hard is it to look at the SJW media analysis thinkpiece/youtube industry and say "hm these people are dumb and bad" without becoming a nzai

There is also a subset of people who have learned that being an Emmanuel Goldstein for redpillers by being over-the-top is a great way to get advertising money, and the neckbeard dipshits fall for it every time.

It's like when liberals point out something outrageous a right-wing radio or TV personality did, they only have to go as far as a random FOX News host, but liberal thinkpieces are mostly "both sides are equally bad :shrug:" conservatives have to really reach for these professional provocateurs

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/nancy-pelosi-steve-scalise/index.html

quote:

People hate the "both sides do it" nature of some corners of mainstream journalism, believing that it creates a sense of equivalency when there is none. Fair enough.
But in this case, both sides do do it! Casting your political opponents as not just wrong but dangerous motivates the bases of the respective parties. And fired-up bases turn out. And that, for most politicians, is plenty of justification to keep playing to the extremes rather than trying to land somewhere in between those two poles.

For example, this journalist thinks that thinks that if any liberal did something once, then no matter how often conservatives do the same thing or how prominent the conservatives who are doing it are, then "both sides do it" is all the analysis you need. Donald Trump was the one who suggested his audience beat protesters up, to say the least of everything the right has done, but because of Kathy Griffin beheading his effigy, now "both sides do it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

bryan cranston looking bad these days

• Locked thread