Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mill Village posted:

My game is crashing during a cutscene. Any way to get around this?

Did you already attempts to reinstall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So is there one more ff14 event down the line? Should I save my ff14 tm units I don't want?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

So is there one more ff14 event down the line? Should I save my ff14 tm units I don't want?

Get as many FF14 TMs as you can, the next FF14 event lets you combine them into improved versions of the base TM. afaik it was something like 3 of Thancred's +10% HP&ATK becomes +15% HP&ATK for reference. Plus if you already have one copy they won't consume more inventory space at least.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Ubiquitus posted:

Not sure but watch out for a stormblood celebration gift on the 20th (total speculation on my part).

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mill Village posted:

My game is crashing during a cutscene. Any way to get around this?

Try it on Memu if you usually play it on a device. I've have a few times it continuously crashed on my iPad and I didn't feel like reinstalling, but it got past the roadblock on Memu.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I was finally able to complete the Ultros Boogie.

Cecil provoked. He was there to take hits.

Ling broke Ultros's ATK and revived the fallen depending on the situation.

Marie cast Baraeroga, Barwaterga, Barstonga, Protectga and Shellga as required. Died a lot, but everyone died several times. If the right buffs were up and Ling was breaking, the team could survive anything except a Chupon mega-attack. Marie could maybe be replaced with Minfilia or Cerius, if you were careful with what you cast and when.

Tilith full healed and revived, depending on the situation. One time I used her stat buff while Marie buffed air and water elemental because everyone's health was in good condition. A Dualcast Refia or Y'shtola might work better than Tillith

Cecil could be replaced with any beefy tank as long as you give him Golem/Titan and he ends up with Provoke.

The star of the show was my single Setzer. He cannot be replaced in this instance. I gave him an Aquan Killer and three Poach materias, put Diablos on him, and gave him the Sun Barrette from King Mog. He had the Second Knife (could replace with Bowie knife if you have that TMR) and the Air Knife so that Chupon couldn't use his Snort Attack except for the one time. (see below.)

Basically, I just had to hold out until Setzer had insane amounts of damage from Double Dice trigger, modified by all the -killers and Poaches. He died a couple times (everyone did) so that slowed things down while I got everyone back to normal, but it was around 20 turns or so till victory. Using this method, Ultros will die first, and Chupon will Snort someone away with no chance of converting it to a Sneeze, and probably kill at least two others, but almost certainly not Ling or Tillith.

It's also important to note that if you can get everyone up to 30% Earth resistance, through Titan/Golem, Gaia Gears and the Wind-up Titan (if you have it) you can totally evade the Magnitude 8 party kill attack Ultros does at his thresholds, if Marie or Minfilia use their 70% Earth buffs.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy I've finally cleared all the trials with all the goodies. Thank you to all the goonbuddies who helped me get here, I've got to start giving back. 30% left to grind for a Blade Mastery and a BIS Orlandeu (for the units I have, anyway) a 100% physical evade Fohlen should come soon!

634,188,308, two slots left for Goons.

EDIT:\/\/\/\/ No worries here, you've helped a lot of people including me!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 18, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Marie cast Baraeroga, Barwaterga, Barstonga, Protectga and Shellga as required. Died a lot, but everyone died several times. If the right buffs were up and Ling was breaking, the team could survive anything except a Chupon mega-attack. Marie could maybe be replaced with Minfilia or Cerius, if you were careful with what you cast and when.

Tilith full healed and revived, depending on the situation. One time I used her stat buff while Marie buffed air and water elemental because everyone's health was in good condition. A Dualcast Refia or Y'shtola might work better than Tillith

Cecil could be replaced with any beefy tank as long as you give him Golem/Titan and he ends up with Provoke.

The star of the show was my single Setzer. He cannot be replaced in this instance. I gave him an Aquan Killer and three Poach materias, put Diablos on him, and gave him the Sun Barrette from King Mog. He had the Second Knife (could replace with Bowie knife if you have that TMR) and the Air Knife so that Chupon couldn't use his Snort Attack except for the one time. (see below.)

Basically, I just had to hold out until Setzer had insane amounts of damage from Double Dice trigger, modified by all the -killers and Poaches. He died a couple times (everyone did) so that slowed things down while I got everyone back to normal, but it was around 20 turns or so till victory. Using this method, Ultros will die first, and Chupon will Snort someone away with no chance of converting it to a Sneeze, and probably kill at least two others, but almost certainly not Ling or Tillith.

It's also important to note that if you can get everyone up to 30% Earth resistance, through Titan/Golem, Gaia Gears and the Wind-up Titan (if you have it) you can totally evade the Magnitude 8 party kill attack Ultros does at his thresholds, if Marie or Minfilia use their 70% Earth buffs.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy I've finally cleared all the trials with all the goodies. Thank you to all the goonbuddies who helped me get here, I've got to start giving back. 30% left to grind for a Blade Mastery and a BIS Orlandeu (for the units I have, anyway) a 100% physical evade Fohlen should come soon!

Grats on the win, sorry my Noctis wasn't helpful enough :(

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ubiquitus posted:

We haven't gotten the Garuda raid yet on global.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

EDIT:\/\/\/\/ No worries here, you've helped a lot of people including me!

Glad you got it to work. Hurray for fixed damaged units getting damage multiplier!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Setzer was how I got through it too. I went the safer route and just used normal the ST dice attack to take care of Chupon first. I forget if it was a goon but my friend unit was a Fryevia, rest of the party was Cecil, Refia, Y'shtola, and Setzer. I forgot to do the LB during the first round because Setzer dropped him so fast on some lucky rolls.

It was really annoying how most of the buffs didn't stick because of constant acid rains. I hope constant dispelling is not on the menu for future Trials.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Not sure but watch out for a stormblood celebration gift on the 20th (total speculation on my part).

If Gumi is on the ball they'd do a Stormblood event and make Raubahn the boss. :getin:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Candlelight Virgil posted:

We are apparently getting a global exclusive judge.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
is it dredd?

:ohdear:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cry Havoc posted:

is it dredd?

:ohdear:

No it's the guy from 12 who did nothing but turns up as a bonus boss in the international edition.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Setzer was how I got through it too. I went the safer route and just used normal the ST dice attack to take care of Chupon first. I forget if it was a goon but my friend unit was a Fryevia, rest of the party was Cecil, Refia, Y'shtola, and Setzer. I forgot to do the LB during the first round because Setzer dropped him so fast on some lucky rolls.

It was really annoying how most of the buffs didn't stick because of constant acid rains. I hope constant dispelling is not on the menu for future Trials.

I didn't know Dice was a single target! I was only looking at the damage potential of Double Dice and made my choice based upon that. I assumed they were both AoE. :monocle:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so they haven't actually fixed Yda and i genuinely wonder if whatever is causing it is so unbelievably hosed up that they can't figure out how to fix it or they just dont care

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

so they haven't actually fixed Yda and i genuinely wonder if whatever is causing it is so unbelievably hosed up that they can't figure out how to fix it or they just dont care

Confirmed they're gonna fix it.

e: Anyone already fully enhance their Elza? According to my calculations, with Demon Scythe and Crimson Blood, Sun Barrette, she should be able to two-round Echidna after she's buffed.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 19, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, the next time anyone gets in front of some of the decks, ask them when Blue Magic is gonna be a thing. Like, it's already a thing, it's in the game's sorting mechanisms and on the character sheets.

And we've got what are basically Blue Magic materia now, like Acid Rain, Rage - Meteor, Mage Cannon... they can just be gated behind magic skill levels like the rest of the magic materia. Maybe have a shop sell some combo materia with three or four monster (or monster-ish) moves each so the blue mages can be specialized for different roles. Major abilities like Acid Rain should only come one per materia.

I think it's a cool idea.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Confirmed they're gonna fix it.

e: Anyone already fully enhance their Elza? According to my calculations, with Demon Scythe and Crimson Blood, Sun Barrette, she should be able to two-round Echidna after she's buffed.

drat.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
We need an all Blue Mage banner with Strago, Quistis, Quinta, and Kimahri.

Make Quinta the rainbow too please.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Evil Fluffy posted:

If Gumi is on the ball they'd do a Stormblood event and make Raubahn the boss. :getin:

and make raubahn only deal 90k damage

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Who is ready to farm Excalipoors again? :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:eyepop: There's no way that Explorer+4 thing is like, an accessory or passive materia. Right?

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: There's no way that Explorer+4 thing is like, an accessory or passive materia. Right?

It will probably be Ring of Dominion levels of grind for it so basically it might as well not exist. There is 4 levels to it from what some of the data mined stuff found from a few patches ago. Starts out as +10% all stats and ends with that +40% all stats.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fiss posted:

It will probably be Ring of Dominion levels of grind for it so basically it might as well not exist. There is 4 levels to it from what some of the data mined stuff found from a few patches ago. Starts out as +10% all stats and ends with that +40% all stats.

Jesus, that's still nice. Even at 20% that's TM-tier.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I love the screenshot showing off how to send units out. They chose Delita, Ace, and Cheezewhiz. It's like they can read our minds.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

We need an all Blue Mage banner with Strago, Quistis, Quinta, and Kimahri.

Make Quinta the rainbow too please.

I would whale for Quistis. Also I'm a big fan of Blue Magic, but every time the devs are asked about it they say they're working on how to make it work right.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dana Crysalis posted:

I would whale for Quistis. Also I'm a big fan of Blue Magic, but every time the devs are asked about it they say they're working on how to make it work right.

Obviously you make it work like in the games. Then you make it so you have to get hit by ELT even and raid boss skills to learn lovely user versions of them. Oh did you miss mighty guard or whatever? Sucks you be you, better hope that event comes back.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
They need to add Sword chucks

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Shoenin posted:

Has anyone actually tried using Shadow's throw with an excalipoor? Maybe that's the secret to F2P trials, it secretly does millions of damage because who would even try it?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Palleon posted:

Has anyone actually tried using Shadow's throw with an excalipoor? Maybe that's the secret to F2P trials, it secretly does millions of damage because who would even try it?

Unfortunately it doesn't work. There are only very select items that can be thrown and they are all rear end, otherwise I'm sure the whales would find a way to exploit it.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Throw

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

After farming so many Gungnir from the Bahamut trial I was sad I couldn't relive my FF4 days and use Edge to throw them at people.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Speaking of Ecalipoors, you can restock them again, the Bridge is open.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

Swordchucks, yo.

EDIT: This story character exclusive equipment doesn't look terrible.

DOUBLE EDIT: 6* Fina gets Curaja, Raise, and Esuna, plus some abilities untranslated by Reddit. No Dualcast? Still, she's finally better than Traffic Cone Fina, which is amazing if you squint and tilt your head.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 19, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Swordchucks, yo.

DOUBLE EDIT: 6* Fina gets Curaja, Raise, and Esuna, plus some abilities untranslated by Reddit. No Dualcast? Still, she's finally better than Traffic Cone Fina, which is amazing if you squint and tilt your head.

Hooray, I can get her back into my canon party for story stuff. And with brand new gear coming for them! gently caress yeah!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Re: Yda. Keep in mind they said Angel Earrings would be "fixed in a future version" as well, and that has yet to happen.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

McSpankWich posted:

Re: Yda. Keep in mind they said Angel Earrings would be "fixed in a future version" as well, and that has yet to happen.

And equipment still doesn't display stat boosts if it increases by like 10% or whatever.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Swordchucks, yo.

VERY important note: The story character exclusive abilities do, in fact, work on the new CG 5* base variants. So that sweet 5* Lasswell with a 40% ATK katana? yeeeeah... get the equipment.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

VERY important note: The story character exclusive abilities do, in fact, work on the new CG 5* base variants. So that sweet 5* Lasswell with a 40% ATK katana? yeeeeah... get the equipment.

Do they work on the Halloween guys too? The Monster Hunter and magical summer breeze beach versions?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
When should I start thinking about TM farming? Right now I'm sitting at Rank 32 so I only have 72 NRG, I figure TM Farming is infinitely better at higher ranks since it's going to cost a lot of Lapis to recharge NRG right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

When should I start thinking about TM farming? Right now I'm sitting at Rank 32 so I only have 72 NRG, I figure TM Farming is infinitely better at higher ranks since it's going to cost a lot of Lapis to recharge NRG right?

Think about it now.

You don't have to use a Lapis refresh, just burn all the energy you're not using on the story, events, etc.

Once your energy is much higher, consider using Lapis to speed things along.

• Locked thread