Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

At the Great Melee in Heavensward, does everyone fight Raubahn at the end or is it GC specific?

It's always Raubahn (hard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Emalde posted:

Not sure if anybody has answered yet, but it picks the minor arcana randomly.

Hey, I thought that would have been buried and forgotten. Thanks for following up on that, Mal!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

This is FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshida.

I would like to inform you about the ongoing issues on the NA Aether and Primal data centers.

Due to high stress load and congestion, we are currently experience the following two issues:

Congestion within certain instanced battle content
Server crashes due to concentrated stress on the Duty Finder servers

Regarding the first issue, from around 8:00 a.m. (Pacific Time), we have strengthened the instanced worlds and diverted stress loads, enabling 20,000 players to enter instanced content each hour. As a result, the playable slots for instanced content have been increased significantly. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies that an extended amount of time was required to address these issues, as we strived to avoid large-scale server crashes within the data centers during our procedures. We will continue to monitor this situation 24 hours a day.

Regarding the second issue, we are experiencing continuous crashes within the Duty servers due to the consistently high stress loads caused by frequent matching requests from Worlds within the data centers. As we have confirmed that these crashes are causing some players to be unable to log in due to error 90006/90002, we continue to seek resolutions that address the root cause of these issues. As a temporary measure, we have implemented a work flow to restore the Worlds in 15 to 30 minute increments if the Duty server has crashed. We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you are experiencing the above error, we ask that you please try logging back in after 15 to 30 minutes.

We sincerely apologize for the large amount of time lost from your important early access time during the weekend. We will continue to monitor the high stress loads that the NA data centers are experiencing, and will continue to do our best so that players can play on all Worlds with stability. Once again, we apologize for the issues occurring for an extended amount of time.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Blessed be to YoshiP, breaker of the Rauhbahn wall!

Also from what, 11 people per data center to 20,000 an hour is QUITE the strengthening. VERY STRONG.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

First dungeon is alright.

Would have liked it more if it wasn't all Bard drops for the bard we didn't have and the mandatory DRG drop (for the DRG we didn't have)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Blattdorf posted:

The Pool of Tribute has the snarkiest description.

They do the same with Bardam's Mettle which, by the way, is an excellent dungeon. That second boss is 10/10

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I am getting more frequent 90k2 errors but honestly that's fine by me.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If they dramatically increased their capacity, then good on them. If they let this get to Tuesday the way it was it would have been bad bad bad.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Now that I can finally do MSQ at leisure, I'm spending more time chilling and do DRs and hunts and playing RDM.

And RDM is really, really good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Good poo poo

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really appreciate that The Fringes has a serious Sarutabaruta vibe to it's BGM, it is v good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kanfy posted:

They do the same with Bardam's Mettle which, by the way, is an excellent dungeon. That second boss is 10/10

I look forward to bads complaining that it needs to be nerfed

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

At the Great Melee in Heavensward, does everyone fight Raubahn at the end or is it GC specific?
I wish I could repeat that fight :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Me too, I bet it'd be a blast on RDM.

RDM is so good. I'm not making GBS threads massive numbers in one attack like BLM, but between the increased mobility, barrages of magic and swords and stuff I feel awesome and powerful in a way BLM never did.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 18, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

And RDM is really, really good.

Samurai is also good, though I'm not gonna play it at length.

Feels like to me they were just in a real groove when making the jobs in Stormblood where they just kinda weren't for Heavensward.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
The Quarry sidequest in The Peaks was the most mind numbing thing ever.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Apologies to the goons I was grouping with for the first dungeon as Ulgrim, after that dropped connection I am now apparently trapped behind a permanent 7 person queue that will not let me back into the game even if I connect to another character and log out.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
While I saw about an equal amount of hype for both jobs pre launch, now that I'm in its nothing but RDM (a band wagon I have also jumped onto)

Hows SAM for the people on it?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I like that the first PLD job quest in SB gives a reason why there was no gladiatorial fight when leveling GLD. "Oh, we just didn't do it for 100 years." Rhalgr help me if I don't get to stand on the bloodsands this time!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

While I saw about an equal amount of hype for both jobs pre launch, now that I'm in its nothing but RDM (a band wagon I have also jumped onto)

I haven't tried SAM yet, but I'm still seeing a lot of them, and a goodly number in the 60+ zones already. My RDM is at a meagre 51, because I haven't been leveling it that fast. I should do more roulettes with goons, but I've always been in the middle of other things. :P

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Lots of fun. Level 70 might be a different beast but it didn't take long for me to adjust from DRG, and with the buff to Kenki generation at 62 the combos are pretty much endless. The occasional 20k crit is neat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
At first I was glad to be at work and playing in small increments while things were borked. Now I am sad that everyone is doing cool dungeons and trials without me. Remember me in Not-Japan, fellow goons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

I like that the first PLD job quest in SB gives a reason why there was no gladiatorial fight when leveling GLD. "Oh, we just didn't do it for 100 years." Rhalgr help me if I don't get to stand on the bloodsands this time!

There were Halatali HM and Dragon's Neck.

SonicRulez posted:

At first I was glad to be at work and playing in small increments while things were borked. Now I am sad that everyone is doing cool dungeons and trials without me. Remember me in Not-Japan, fellow goons.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who won't be able to play until later.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Alisaie is my spirit animal. Finally someone who speaks my language.

Alphinaud: What do we do if it's a trap?!?!
Alisaie: Show up and beat the poo poo out of everything that tries to spring a trap on us.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
SAM is a ton of fun. Just pure damage.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

SAM is a ton of fun. Just pure damage.

Rotation combos own.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

well this is a new one

HELP

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

well this is a new one

HELP

I got that earlier, just restart

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i wasn't even doing susano i was just talking to an NPC and suddenly dc'd

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Finally logged on and did a few quests as SAM, it was overwhelming and this was before I even had the Sen gauge unlocked. Seemed like it was designed to be played only on a gamepad or those 12 button mice

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Thumbtacks posted:

i wasn't even doing susano i was just talking to an NPC and suddenly dc'd

I just had it happen to me out of fuckin' nowhere as well

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Early impressions are good. The mobility actions are very fun and satisfying to use, lots of flashy combos and big numbers, mechanics are pretty easy to understand. Kenki seems to fill up like molasses but apparently that changes at higher levels. It would benefit a lot from PvE combo buttons because the combos end up hogging up a ton of hotbar space and its a bit hard to find a comfortable layout to settle on.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Kenki fills up SIGNIFICANTLY faster at 62, and at 62 you start getting oGCD kenki fillers and it gets a lot better. It's my favorite melee class now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

well this is a new one

HELP

It actually goes back 2 years or so now.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Thumbtacks posted:

Kenki fills up SIGNIFICANTLY faster at 62, and at 62 you start getting oGCD kenki fillers and it gets a lot better. It's my favorite melee class now.

How much value do you get for each of the gcd attacks? I've been trying to figure this poo poo out but not being able to see the numbers makes it hard to plan out

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
an npc in a sidequest just started talking in japanese to me

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Been doing hella pvp to level as Red Mage. Does anyone know if the 180 pvp gear can be glamourable without ranks now?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Farg posted:

Immersion

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Some Japanese holds meaning so deep and unknown to English speakers that not even The Echo can properly translate and convey it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Athropos posted:

Been doing hella pvp to level as Red Mage. Does anyone know if the 180 pvp gear can be glamourable without ranks now?

PvP ranks haven't mattered for some time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Farg posted:

If the untranslated line you're talking about has two Au Ra in it, one male and one female, I believe the untranslated line says, "<Another NPC name>. From now on, I would like to go outside the village of <Not sure how to read that. Water?>"

Unless there are multiple places that they missed translation.