Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Nichael posted:

but that's what I'm saying. it's not functioning right now, donny is losing his poo poo regularly on twitter, and something like 3/4s of the executive is MIA. something's got to give here, something's going to break bigly in a way hard to imagine right now.

we'll just have a big terrorist attack, after which the government can move decisively into patriotic / war / security state mode and can accommodate the kind of reductive and bianary approach for which trump is so well suited.

after that things will be very efficient and i look forward to seeing you all in the "internment" camps

eta: for ease of reference to our coming security apparatus: allahu akbar; and workers of the world unite

Red Dad Redemption has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nichael posted:

Yeah, it's hard to say but I suspect it'll lean towards "catastrophic". What's kind of telling is Donny (as far as I know) has yet to say anything about the destroyer or even the London tower fire. Both of which merited a statement by a POTUS in my opinion, despite neither being strictly domestic.

iirc trump tweeted about the destroyer thanking the japanese government for their support

i think an aide did it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Business Gorillas posted:

Also all of the infighting in the world doesn't matter if the dems refuse to offer any sort of alternative to the republicans

There's a really big chance that liberals are going to point to Ossoff winning as a reason why everything is fine and they need to stay the course of bipartisanship and corporate lackeys, which will absolutely get them killed in 2018

i'm not so sure. so long as trump isn't impeached and inevitably fucks up the next big hurricane, flood, and forest fire i think establishment dems will get their feet held to the fire because the motivation to do so is extremely real.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

img republicans blaming obama for 911

Do we actually know where Obama was on 911?

Cuz it's mighty suspicious otherwise

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Ages posted:

Do we actually know where Obama was on 911?

Cuz it's mighty suspicious otherwise

he was being built into the superallah in kenyea

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the democratic party is at least as big of a dumpster fire as the GOP imo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Nichael posted:

like gobias said, they'll end up blaming Obama for any event like that
They'll blame Obama/dems/etc for everything, but sooner or later they'll catch a buck they simply cannot pass no matter how hard their media cronies spin it.

Agronox posted:

i'm not talking about the politics, really--i'm more concerned with the actual on-the-ground facts as to what happens. can something like FEMA or State actually function in a crisis right now? how effectively? my guess would be "not very well" but it could range anywhere from "fine" to "catastrophic."
That's the thing... they'll still say it's someone else's fault that they failed to respond until it's way too late and completely gently caress everything up when they finally get around to overreacting. Then they'll say "libs mad, therefore everything is great" and the dumbs will buy it.

Also all of the infighting in the world doesn't matter if the dems refuse to offer any sort of alternative to the republicans

There's a really big chance that liberals are going to point to Ossoff winning as a reason why everything is fine and they need to stay the course of bipartisanship and corporate lackeys, which will absolutely get them killed in 2018
Think past 2018/2020... if something doesn't massively change, someone (plural) is going to start systematically purging and not stop until they run out of R's.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Ekster posted:

well in relative size terms tiny but yes

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ekster posted:

Which dumpster fire will keep us the warmest come winter when society collapses?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

another rt

https://twitter.com/donaldjtrumpjr/status/876477031642484736

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

obama was right, that dumb gently caress deserved to stay in nk

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

what's great is ACHA is going to somehow make healthcare worse than it was before Obama.

yeah people are in for a rude loving awakening

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Ages posted:

Which dumpster fire will keep us the warmest come winter when society collapses?

all you'll* need is a gun and one bullet in that event

*all anyone will need

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DON'T FUCKIN GO TO NORTH KOREA

what's so hard about that

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If it doesn't kill them, sure

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

dennis rodman brought him home

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm not so sure. so long as trump isn't impeached and inevitably fucks up the next big hurricane, flood, and forest fire i think establishment dems will get their feet held to the fire because the motivation to do so is extremely real.

I don't have a lot of faith in some natural disaster being the pivotal moment considering there's been a natural disaster in the white house for 5 months now and they still want to cut deals and protect the ~discourse~

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the dem party can be counted on to be useless and refuse to change unless it gets tea partied and lovely dems start losing primaries. that's the only thing that matters

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

triple sulk posted:

im really open minded and i want to see for myself how much of a stalinist 1984 nightmare it is

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

but what if i want to

I don't have a lot of faith in some natural disaster being the pivotal moment considering there's been a natural disaster in the white house for 5 months now and they still want to cut deals and protect the ~discourse~

oh no, i don't mean that, like, feinstein will get mean, i mean that her constituents will get mean and so force her to take harder stances. california has a shitload to lose from a weak EPA and FEMA, as do the rest of the states, and nothing reminds people of that like Hurricane Katrina's.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

or at the very least, don't pull a dumb frat prank when you're there, good god

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

or at the very least, don't pull a dumb frat prank when you're there, good god

actually, don't pull a fratty prank like that anywhere because gently caress that

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

many people will get a rude awakening

but i, my friend, will get a sizeable tax cut; and the function of government is, in essence, to act as my constabulary, ensuring that the unworthies can't get their unclean hands on my stash and don't get quaint notions such as "redistribution" etc.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

but what if i want to

oh no, i don't mean that, like, feinstein will get mean, i mean that her constituents will get mean and so force her to take harder stances. california has a shitload to lose from a weak EPA and FEMA, as do the rest of the states, and nothing reminds people of that like Hurricane Katrina's.

I mean they're already saying swears on tv, what more do you want???

The purpose of the dems in their current state is to fight against their base as opposed to the republicans. They know where their paychecks come from

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ekster posted:

dennis rodman brought him home

dennis rodman and potcoin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i stole a Pennsylvania state flag out of the capitol building and i'm not in a coma

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Solarin posted:

the dem party can be counted on to be useless and refuse to change unless it gets tea partied and lovely dems start losing primaries. that's the only thing that matters

:same:

Republicans are having their town halls devolve into riots, so they decided to stop going. Id love to be surprised by the Dems, but no amount of "Dornal Trimpm Bad" is gonna do anything if they're only offering to poor people is that they're gonna use lube

It's June 2017 how has this lesson not been learned yet lmao

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Ages posted:

If it doesn't kill them, sure

a rude awakening followed by a ruder deadening

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just made a giant bowl of stracciatella soup :hellyeah:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

kininarimasu

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

just made a giant bowl of stracciatella soup :hellyeah:

help i need a sackful of mcdoubles

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

actually i think warmbier really likes south korean pop culture and thought north korea would be the same deal except a bit colder

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They beat him until he was brain dead and then handed him back, TRUMP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Aliquid posted:

help i need a sackful of mcdoubles

lmao if u didn't choose where you live based McDonalds proximity for post-leg day workouts just lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i love my braindead son

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thanks dad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

i love my braindead son

hi pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

lmao if u didn't choose where you live based McDonalds proximity for post-leg day workouts just lmao

i just started a new job! it's a 120-mile weekly commute on bike and my knees are dying but i can already tell they're stronger

mcdonalds is two miles from me in the other direction and i'm waiting on a cloudy day to go again

have you downloaded the app? best coupons in the biz

• Locked thread