Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

The DLC coming out this month doesn't take place storywise until chapter 12 or 13 and I wouldn't recommend doing it earlier than that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the free June update adds, though OFF ROAD REGALIA (it will probably control like rear end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm gonna remind you to install your car upgrades at the Hammerhead until you say you've done it

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
The further I get from having beaten this game the angrier I get at every single character in this game. Nothing anyone says makes any drat sense and any attempt at good dialogue is farted into the wind.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

I'm gonna remind you to install your car upgrades at the Hammerhead until you say you've done it

we remember to do this in 3ish eps

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATES :frogsiren:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aranea Highwind? Is that still Cid's last name in this game?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I would have voted for Playable Lunafreya or Story content: Lunafreya's activities because from what tidbits the game's been showing, she's been having some neat adventures of her own. Have they said which content won, or is voting still going on?

Bruceski posted:

Aranea Highwind? Is that still Cid's last name in this game?

Nope. Cid Sophiar (and Cindy Aurum)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
'Debased' and 'debauched' mean different things, Kuvo. Also why the gently caress are they adding all this poo poo in piecemeal? Why was it not in the game already?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

coleman francis posted:

The further I get from having beaten this game the angrier I get at every single character in this game. Nothing anyone says makes any drat sense and any attempt at good dialogue is farted into the wind.

I hoped I was wrong by having some reservations about this game before release (especially with the emphasis on cliched open world mechanic), and despite the cool setting everything still turned out to be pretty but painfully mind-numbling generic.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

i hadnt maximized the video yet, so when the survey listed Cor, I initially though it had said 'Car' and thought we might get something about how the regalia came to be built, watchng the designers sit at FF-computers grumbling about tolerances or whatever mechanical engineers do.

Also, 'Playable Character: Car' would be loving awesome

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This game's battle system has problems but the Aranea fight looks great if you do it a certain way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjUpJ3F278k

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
When you started the story quest with Iris and the pre-busted Regalia, my first thought was what would happen if you started this epic storyquest and then crashed the car so bad Cindy would have to drag you all the way back to Hammerhead? That would have been a great opportunity for a bonus scene, but of course no fun is allowed and the game takes the control of the car away from you.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is it just me or does the lady's departing dialogue sound like several different one-liners all slapped together? I dunno how to describe it, it just doesn't "flow" like someone talking, at least to me.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's like the designer of this game just took all the concepts of the game and was on a mission to stereotype them. That lady was the most hyperactive Dragoon I've ever seen. This unnaturally realistic setting just makes all this seem so out of place, it's like an anime LARP inside an anime LARP.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
So, congratulations guys, on meeting the best character in this whole game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I had an air based build and fought Aranea pretty much never touching the ground and it was honestly the most fun I had with this game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

NikkolasKing posted:

Is it just me or does the lady's departing dialogue sound like several different one-liners all slapped together? I dunno how to describe it, it just doesn't "flow" like someone talking, at least to me.

This is what happens when japanese people make a game in japanese where one of the selling points is super realistic/detailed lip movement to match the lines and really specific cutscene timing that fits a language with very different word lengths from english, then they pay 10 dollars for americans to try and force in their gaijin-babble like a square peg into this round hole instead of bothering to change the game at all.

FFX had the exact same problem, which lead to all kinds of hosed dialogue like tidus saying half of a line really slow and then talkingreallyfastlikethis in the second half to try and even sorta match the jp timing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

darealkooky posted:

This is what happens when japanese people make a game in japanese where one of the selling points is super realistic/detailed lip movement to match the lines and really specific cutscene timing that fits a language with very different word lengths from english, then they pay 10 dollars for americans to try and force in their gaijin-babble like a square peg into this round hole instead of bothering to change the game at all.

FFX had the exact same problem, which lead to all kinds of hosed dialogue like tidus saying half of a line really slow and then talkingreallyfastlikethis in the second half to try and even sorta match the jp timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, the sidequest long long ago says "go to this place." Iris and her road trip direct you towards this. The game really loves this area and demands your attention for some reason.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Just thought you'd want to know:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Flamingobo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Since Iris had super low HP I was worried the game was just forcing you to do plot again but then she joined the fight and was very proactive in helping everyone and I wonder why she can't stay in the party for good now :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because she makes Prompto even more insufferable than usual.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Since Iris had super low HP I was worried the game was just forcing you to do plot again but then she joined the fight and was very proactive in helping everyone and I wonder why she can't stay in the party for good now :(

She also must have levelled up when they camped because her health tripled at some point.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

She also must have levelled up when they camped because her health tripled at some point.

Lunethex posted:

Yeah so all of that is due to patches post release because she was originally just sort of there and contributed nothing. She does stay out of the way of damage though.

Edit: after some searching I guess she did heal people originally.

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 30, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Tenebrais posted:

That was from the HP-boosting food the party ate at the mid-dungeon campsite.

Apparently the description of Iris's special move says that it's good on Magitek troopers, but that seems questionable since apparently you're mostly on rails while Iris is in the party.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Iris is already the best party member. Can we ditch Prompto in the thicket and keep her please?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please turn off your item inhibitors in the future. Sure, you may not get many Megaelixirs in the future but ask yourself 'Is this item worth doing this over a second time?' And then do that every time you find yourself needing to use one.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Also buy a hundred potions.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Since you did that one sidequest to take a picture of the chocobo for the Chocobo ranch guy I'm pretty sure you actually have more color choices now for your chocobos.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Pink Chocobo is too mainstream if someone else is already using it.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Stop killin' bees you monster! :argh:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
They were wasps. Wasps are motherfuckers and bee killers who need to die.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Wiseblood posted:

Since you did that one sidequest to take a picture of the chocobo for the Chocobo ranch guy I'm pretty sure you actually have more color choices now for your chocobos.

oh is that how you get new colors? we may have to go back and visit that guy then

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Kuvo posted:

oh is that how you get new colors? we may have to go back and visit that guy then

This game is so stupid that we unironically care more about chocobo colors than advancing story segments

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
At least when the chocobo is a different color, you know something's happened. I completely forgot why Iris is even hanging out with you now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I hate to admit it because I make an effort to pay attention to games but nothing about FF15 has been compelling in the least and it's filtered out overtime. The four blokes and their car romping around the wilderness killing endangered wildlife and finding beans for diner proprietors is great though. I'm always excited to find out about Ignis' next new recipe.

But nothing that's happened in this game has had any weight or backbone to it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You're a wanted prince (king? daddy is dead after all) on the run after your capitol got smashed by some angry robot dudes, but there's no drive to produce any tension. You're just four dudes goofing around.

You've got your basic teen drama archetypes, the fish out of water, the jock, the nerd and the loving awful piece of poo poo, they might as well be on some scavenger quest they need to complete to join Phi Phi Xi Beta or whatever.

goatface fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The bee enemies suck a whole lot

• Locked thread