Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kitamura is a frighteningly large Japanese fella. Absolutely roided to the gills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How good is Kitamura? Haven't really had a chance to watch him since AXS doesn't air the prelim Young Lions matches.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Benne posted:

How good is Kitamura? Haven't really had a chance to watch him since AXS doesn't air the prelim Young Lions matches.

He has a real good presence for a big lad, which is just "large as gently caress" and everyone works off of that presence he has well so he comes across as a big deal/good wrestler

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

His chops are weak as gently caress for a man his size

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like Cole will cost Omega his match on Night one in Long Beach and they will wrestle on Night Two

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like Cole will cost Omega his match on Night one in Long Beach and they will wrestle on Night Two

I thought of Michael Cole first.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Spuckuk posted:

Kitamura is a frighteningly large Japanese fella. Absolutely roided to the gills.

He is revolting, its Jinder level offensiveness.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/876706341783355392

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

First of the three Kizuna Road shows from Korakuen is tomorrow morning at the normal time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST. We'll also find out the full slate of G1 participants during the intermission.

KIZUNA ROAD
June 20th 2017 at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi
Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV, and Syota Umino vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Desperado, and TAKA Michinoku)
TenCozy and Togi Makabe vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, and Jado)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hirai Kawato vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun(Minoru Suzuki, DBS. Jr, and Taichi)
NEVER Openweight Trios ChampionshipL.I.J(c) (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA, and Juice Robinson)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Naito throwing the US title off the Santa Monica pier would be gold

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

There's a rumour flying about that Kento Miyahara is in the G1

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's not based on much of real substance

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thrifting Day! posted:

There's a rumour flying about that Kento Miyahara is in the G1

That would be real dope if true. Great exposure for him and an interesting outsider to spice up the tourney.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Watching the Road to the Airport currently.

I love Strong Boy, even though he's probably made of drugs, but man alive, Nakanishi is Not Good. Nagata sells for him like a pro, but wow. How's a guy that big so unconvincing?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

G1 Climax 27

Hiroshi Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Michael Elgin
Kazuchika Okada
Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro Ishii
Toru Yano
YOSHI-HASHI
Kenny Omega
Bad Luck Fale
Tama Tonga
Tetsuya Naito
SANADA
EVIL
Satoshi Kojima
Yuji Nagata
Juice Robinson
Minoru Suzuki
Zack Sabre Jr
Kota Ibushi

Yes, it's Kota Ibushi as himself and not Tiger Mask W. I'm also remembering Dave's comments about Okada/Omega NOT being the direction for the Dome.....

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Beaten. Glad to see Kota in as himself and no Cody.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The cat is named Darryl btw.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope that Juice Robinson gets a few wins in at the G1 :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Probably the best possible G1 they can do with no real drags of names on the lineups. I wonder who they separate from Okada this year; both Naito and Omega?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Willninho posted:

Probably the best possible G1 they can do with no real drags of names on the lineups. I wonder who they separate from Okada this year; both Naito and Omega?

I'd imagine both yeah. Maybe Okada, Tanahashi and Ibushi as the big names in one block and Omega, Naito and Suzuki in the other with Tanahashi and Suzuki being interchangeable. I think Okada/Naito, Ibushi/Omega and Tanahashi/Suzuki will be the top billed matches at WK so it would make sense to keep them apart here?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Thauros posted:

Yes, it's Kota Ibushi as himself and not Tiger Mask W. I'm also remembering Dave's comments about Okada/Omega NOT being the direction for the Dome.....

Think I missed this, did he elaborate? Seems like the wind is blowing in the direction of Naito/Okada for the belt and Ibushi/Kenny as a big semi-main grudge match

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
It's going to be weird when the two top champs, Cody and Billy Gunn, skip the G-1.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hoping Okada ends up in the goober block and drops a match to YTR setting up King of Pro Wrestling.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I have a couple of questions about merch from the NJPW store.

1. Are Japanese t-shirt sizes relatively similar to western ones? I hear they're a bit smaller, so i don't want to accidentally get a size that's too small for me.
2. How reliable is Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/static/lp_shop_index) for delivery?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Hoss Corncave posted:

1. Are Japanese t-shirt sizes relatively similar to western ones? I hear they're a bit smaller, so i don't want to accidentally get a size that's too small for me.
2. How reliable is Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/static/lp_shop_index) for delivery?

I was told once you should order 1 size larger than you would take in a North American size. It worked out well for the NJPW shirt I ordered a few years back.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Hoss Corncave posted:

I wear a Medium in North American T shirts and New Japan's XL's fit me perfectly. The Uniqlo's here in Singapore have the same fitting as Japan (I understand they're a size bigger in the states?) but the New Japan's XL are snugger then a Uniqlo XL. They're also some of the best quality t-shirts I've ever bought anywhere, very thick quality cotton, really well done front and back silk screening, etc.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Think I missed this, did he elaborate? Seems like the wind is blowing in the direction of Naito/Okada for the belt and Ibushi/Kenny as a big semi-main grudge match

In the post Dominion review show he said that there were plans for another Okada/Omega match but insinuated that there was another direction for the Dome. Naito/Okada and Ibushi/Omega is what I wanted WK10 to be immediately post raid and I hope it happens this time around.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

I was told once you should order 1 size larger than you would take in a North American size. It worked out well for the NJPW shirt I ordered a few years back.

Sooper Gila posted:

I wear a Medium in North American T shirts and New Japan's XL's fit me perfectly. The Uniqlo's here in Singapore have the same fitting as Japan (I understand they're a size bigger in the states?) but the New Japan's XL are snugger then a Uniqlo XL. They're also some of the best quality t-shirts I've ever bought anywhere, very thick quality cotton, really well done front and back silk screening, etc.

I can wear a L or XL US shirt, but I'm after Tanahashi's Iron Will tank top, which I have to wear in XL due to my height (L shirts can sometimes be too short). I'm guessing I want an XXL then if a XL fits you perfectly.

Also, thanks to both of you for the responses.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
That G1 list certainly takes all the drama out of a potential Cody win at the Long Beach show.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

mkay0 posted:

That G1 list certainly takes all the drama out of a potential Cody win at the Long Beach show.

Cody is just smart and not wrestling in the G1 to save his body for future challenges to his title

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just some back of napkin scribblings

Okada/Naito/Omega/Tana as the main four, SANADA/EVIL from LIJ, Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/YTR from CHAOS, Fale/Tama Tonga/Tonga Roa/Cody (or like Adam Page if he's not in) from Bullet Club, Misu/ZSJ from Suzuki-gun, Elgin/Juice/Makabe/Nagata to round out the field?

Missed on Tanga Roa/Bullet Club Yank for Kota/Kojima, which I guess is a better trade overall. Now to be wrong on the groupings!!!:

A: Okada/Ibushi/YTR/Misu/Fale/SANADA/Elgin/Kojima/Juice/YOSHI
B: Naito/Omega/Tana/Goto/Ishii/ZSJ/Tonga/EVIL/Makabe/Nagata

They're not going to go Okada/Omega 3 this soon and even if Okada/Naito isn't the Dome plan it makes sense to keep them apart for now. I also don't think they want both singles champs in the same block (unless Cody loving Rhodes is actually winning the belt) so we end up with B being potentially stacked. Okada can still take losses to Ibushi/Misu/Fale to keep him out of the final. After that it's just splitting up stables as much as possible and being wrong there isn't as big a deal.

I'll guess Naito beats Ibushi in the finals, Kota's got enough credibility that he can believably give Naito a go in the finals, plus we keep Kenny/Ibushi apart so they can meet up later down the road as well.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is there any reason for the lovely attendance at the Kizuna Road show at Korakuen today? That's the emptiest I've seen it for an NJ show this year

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Thrifting Day! posted:

Is there any reason for the lovely attendance at the Kizuna Road show at Korakuen today? That's the emptiest I've seen it for an NJ show this year

Probably cuz it's a weekday, no standout matches, and they run Tokyo constantly. They're kinda burning out the city and only the more noteworthy shows are selling out at the moment.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, even if I lived in Tokyo unless I had the time and money to attend all three this one would definitely fall below the other two Kizuna Road weekday Korakuens on the priority list as both of those have more compelling main events to me. We'll see how they draw in comparison.

Of course, the six Tokyo G1 dates (three in Korakuen, three in Sumo Hall) would also take precedent.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 21, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want Fale and ZSJ in the same block.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i don't see Ibushi making the final as a freelancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Naito/Omega sounds like the best possible final, as they're the only two plausible winners (and they had an incredible match last year_. The problem with that is you need to put one of them in Okada's block. Actually, Omega beating Okada on the last day of the block might be a good way to put a pin in their rivalry for the next six months.

It would have been nice to have Shibata in the mix though. :smith:

• Locked thread