Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Cool RDM fun fact: Dualcast works if you're a succubus

Unfortunately, this also means you're not doing absolutely bonkers DPS. I want ACT to update so I can confirm that RDM is as insane as it feels with how fast it kills stuff. (fake e: it has)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Jimbot posted:

I want Square to sort the Samurai combos for PvE in the way they do it for PvP. It's utterly perfect how well they have their stuff sorted out. There's literally no reason to ever use the combo skills by themselves, so packaging them with the skill that combos into them is just fantastic. I'm not sure why they just didn't design it that way to begin with. It cuts down on the skillbar clutter lots!

Learning curve most likely. XIV is still a lot of players' first MMO so there's a lot of hand-holding at the start, and giving new players a tooltip with lines upon lines of information can be daunting. So they make you learn each new combo skill as you level up so you try out your new combos and stuff. Whereas by the time you hit PvP you've got at least one full combo down pat.

But yeah, the new PvP is amazing. I think it's very designed with the idea in mind that people aren't going to be jumping into it til endgame though.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
That's the only thing I would change about red mage. Make the gem flash gold when dual cast is up, bam, that's all.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Jimbot posted:

I want Square to sort the Samurai combos for PvE in the way they do it for PvP. It's utterly perfect how well they have their stuff sorted out. There's literally no reason to ever use the combo skills by themselves, so packaging them with the skill that combos into them is just fantastic. I'm not sure why they just didn't design it that way to begin with. It cuts down on the skillbar clutter lots!

My guess is that they're going to be combining them for 5.0.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Minrad posted:

Unfortunately, this also means you're not doing absolutely bonkers DPS. I want ACT to update so I can confirm that RDM is as insane as it feels with how fast it kills stuff. (fake e: it has)

It has updated (in beta form, at least; check around Reddit or the Github, I don't have the link anymore) and in the first SB dungeon I was doing about 2000-2100 DPS at 62 with a white HQ weapon. poo poo be cray.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I just want to get on to loving play...ANYTHING. Servers have been perpetually full all day today and most of Saturday.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Leofish posted:

I'm pretty sure all PvP gear is just glamour gear now. Definitely the new stuff is.

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen it, head to Wovles' Den and check out the Stormblood Dark Knight PvP weapon.

Reminds me of old EQ Primal Velium Club monk days. S&M bat.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Jimbot posted:

There's literally no reason to ever use the combo skills by themselves,

lol yes there is, what are you talking about

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

hagie posted:

I just want to get on to loving play...ANYTHING. Servers have been perpetually full all day today and most of Saturday.

Yeah but at least you can queue and get in. I got a name change and now I have to change my name before I can play again, and I can't name change while there's congestion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jimbot posted:

On classes with basic 1-2-3 rotations I set up hotbars that are identical except for the rotation and hotkey between them. 1-2-3, click, 1-2-3, click. Unless it's MNK then it's 1-2, click, 3, click, 1, click, 2-3, click, or something like that.

Carmant posted:

They must not have played MNK. Perfect Balance for 3x Greased Lightning at the start of combat.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone know where to get the wind-up khloe yet?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Carmant posted:

such as?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

My nigga have you tried Meikyo Shisui

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

modern textures so zones dont look like chess boards and cities being able to be one zone like kugane is the nicest thing ever

please don't ever come back, ps3

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Givin posted:

Reminds me of old EQ Primal Velium Club monk days. S&M bat.

Just a good ol' fashioned thumpin' stick.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ah, the ancient and powerful Racism Meme *nods sagely*

combo buttons in pve would be awful though

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Is it correct that Samurai has only the one positional move? I recall people saying otherwise.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Just finished the level 60 HW ninja quest. Oboro is such a goony gently caress.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

homeless snail posted:

The times are just when the status website updates, whether or not it lets you in is based on current server congestion at that time so you just gotta check in at off peak times

Thank you, I love being correct

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How long are the xp bonuses on low pops ervers lasting?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

rip servers you were too good for this world
:qqsay:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yoship just killed my Lakshmi fight just as people were figuring it out.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

macfam posted:

Is it correct that Samurai has only the one positional move? I recall people saying otherwise.

I think the three single target sen generators are directional for kenki generation, making it real important pre 62.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

macfam posted:

The only way to generate kenki between 52 and 62 is hitting from the side with the two sen-granting single target actions.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

rip servers you were too good for this world
:qqsay:

Me and my two friends got DC'd and then--

It-- it's okay. It'll be okay. :unsmith:

Sade posted:

The only way to generate kenki between 52 and 62 is hitting from the side with the two sen-granting single target actions.

There's always Meditate if your teammates aren't mouthbreathers that don't just obliterate mobs the moment you touch them.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kaldaris posted:

gotta say the switch is pretty cool to wait out queues with

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

gotta say the switch is pretty cool to wait out queues with

I wrecked my friend in puyo puyo Tetris yesterday, but I played so long I got in then got kicked for afk. :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kaldaris posted:

There's always Meditate if your teammates aren't mouthbreathers that don't just obliterate mobs the moment you touch them.

is that exaclibur

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Minrad posted:

modern textures so zones dont look like chess boards and cities being able to be one zone like kugane is the nicest thing ever

please don't ever come back, ps3

:yeah:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Minrad posted:

people have already mathed out optimal stuff, rdm is doing decidedly Okay for single target and pretty bad on AoE. this assumes equal gear, skill, and max level though so your mileage may vary based on your given level. SAM and BLM are the two big single target bruisers right now. RDM is also incredibly bursty, especially if you go into a fight with a grip of mana, which can make the job feel more damaging than it really is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

is that exaclibur

Doubt it. Excalibur only hit about 1500 for me.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I got back from doing irl stuff and decided to play a little more ff14 before turning in and you guys broke the servers while I was gone wtf

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Doubt it. Excalibur only hit about 1500 for me.

same 1,000

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the duty finder was exploding and i kept queueing anyways, when I accepted it everyone complained about a second lag spike and then I disconnected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Holyshoot posted:

is that exaclibur

I am on the Badmung. Which had a server poop and dumped a few hundred (thousand?) people off abruptly on the time of that post.

:EDIT:

In the interest of seeing how high the queues are going to get this expansion. Here's the highest number I've seen yet, from my friend.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
So how's DRK this expansion? Thinking of raising a tank class eventually and my FC has both a PLD and WAR main but no DRKs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kaldaris posted:

I am on the Badmung.

Stop making poor life choices.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

super sweet best pal posted:

Stop making poor life choices.

But things are dirt cheap and DPS queues (pre-Stormblood) were only like twenty minutes!

If this means I have to handhold mouthbreathers through dungeons, so be it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Countblanc posted:

people have already mathed out optimal stuff, rdm is doing decidedly Okay for single target and pretty bad on AoE. this assumes equal gear, skill, and max level though so your mileage may vary based on your given level. SAM and BLM are the two big single target bruisers right now. RDM is also incredibly bursty, especially if you go into a fight with a grip of mana, which can make the job feel more damaging than it really is.

How did they work that out, simulators or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hit 70 before the dutyfinder died again, glamoured my sefious healer outfit over the decidedly meh artifact gear. Hooray.