Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Raylen posted:

You really need to get verified somehow.

They won't verify without a "real" name and profile picture.

So I'll be trying stuff like this until I get that drat tick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Smol posted:

They'd have to release the text first, no?

negative. they already sent the sentate bill to the CBO to be scored. the text won't be seen by the public until the moment it is voted on. I believe they plan to put a dummy bill on the floor, debate it for the required time, and then replace the entire text of the dummy bill with the AHCA, and then it will be voted on right at that time. members voting on it will not know the contents of the bill most likely.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Aren't they required to have a CBO score if they want to use reconciliation?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

He will be 74 in 2020, so he can very credibly claim he has "worked really hard and done a lot in only 4 years" and announce he is going to "retire".

At that point, the next step for him would be to create a new media conglomerate for alt-right, which he could make a shitload more money on since it would have a guaranteed viewer base of ~30 million people.

Trump will get primaried. Which is his best case scenario because that way he won't lose the General Election. Without an incumbent and the party fractured, the GOP will lose to Democrats.

That way Trump can claim he was stabbed in the back and totally would have won. Which is what he wanted to happen in 2016, but Pennsylvania decided to all of a sudden vote Republican.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

No Butt Stuff posted:

Since they're probably getting it scored and then will file an amendment to replace the entire text of the scored bill, they'll probably pass that without an actual score.

I believe that if they do what people are suspecting they will do the actual plan is to give the text to the CBO to score but not publicly release the score because it is just proposed language and not actually introduced yet. They then get the placeholder bill to the final stages of passage and amend it to replace the entire text with their AHCA bill, immediately release the CBO report, and pass the bill before anyone can even finish printing a copy of it and the CBO analysis.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

No Butt Stuff posted:

Are they not aware that he has... no brain function?

Fits right in in Trumps America

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

negative. they already sent the sentate bill to the CBO to be scored. the text won't be seen by the public until the moment it is voted on. I believe they plan to put a dummy bill on the floor, debate it for the required time, and then replace the entire text of the dummy bill with the AHCA, and then it will be voted on right at that time. members voting on it will not know the contents of the bill most likely.

I love that this is literally the most extreme possible version of exactly the thing they were accusing democrats of doing with the ACA, which the democrats didn't do at all, actually.

Shifty Pony posted:

I believe that if they do what people are suspecting they will do the actual plan is to give the text to the CBO to score but not publicly release the score because it is just proposed language and not actually introduced yet. They then get the placeholder bill to the final stages of passage and amend it to replace the entire text with their AHCA bill, immediately release the CBO report, and pass the bill before anyone can even finish printing a copy of it and the CBO analysis.

And most likely none of it will go into effect until the day after 2020 elections I assume lol

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
We should all refer to the process in which they are using to pass the AHCA as Turtling.

empty whippet box posted:

I love that this is literally the most extreme possible version of exactly the thing they were accusing democrats of doing with the ACA, which the democrats didn't do at all, actually.

Projection is basically the heart of the GOP. They internalized their own bullshit rhetoric, so they feel justified in what they are doing. Even though anyone with two brain cells see's what they are doing.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Republicans are literally incapable of not projecting 100% of the time

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This scummy trick is the most insane thing I've ever heard and makes my blood absolutely boil. Like every loving day, Republicans one-up themselves into becoming the most diabolically evil super-villains.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phoix posted:

Timothy Murphy really doesn't want people to know he voted to repeal the ACA. It has been edited out 3 times in the past 20 minutes.

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/876824647156850688

This useless motherfucker represents my district and his district is one of many that the state level GOP gerrymandered to ensure GOP dominance since he'd have no loving prayer at holding his office otherwise. If he's trying to hide his vote it must be because the wealthy (Republican) part of the district is angry with him because he sure as poo poo won't worry about what the poor rural areas think since they'll consistently vote R.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

I'm every Republican on social media and I think you'll find that that's exactly what the democrats did on ACA and also they actually did it way harder and worse and I will literally never be convinced otherwise

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

This scummy trick is the most insane thing I've ever heard and makes my blood absolutely boil. Like every loving day, Republicans one-up themselves into becoming the most diabolically evil super-villains.

Our trash tier government set up full of easily exploitable holes doesn't help much.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
why are 18 to 49 year olds watching America's Funniest Home videos

youtube exists

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

marijuana exists

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Shifty Pony posted:

How long after this can the house pass it? Assuming Paul Ryan already has the votes lined up (which is a pretty big assumption) can it go immediately to the house and pass? I have to guess this is their plan, if there is any lag in passing the thing after it goes public all the rage from March is going to fire back up once the terms are public. I'd assume if they think there is a shot of passing it it has to get through the house fast.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It also doesn't appear the bill is going to be leaked prior to the vote although we can hope it will be.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Raylen posted:

Chris Cuomo grilling Jay Sekulow is amazing. I've never liked Cuomo more.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/politics/cuomo-trump-lawyer-clash-over-russia-probe-cnntv/index.html

Every single Sekulow interview I've seen has been buck rear end wild. Are yelling and circular arguments really all you need to become a ~*world class lawyer*~?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

The digital divide?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

They cancelled Most Extreme Elimination Challenge and Jackass and people just want to see other people hit in the balls.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

:wtc:

I hope they at least get a good pay check for the tax cuts, because the whole process sounds completely insane. And I thought the R senators were supposed to be the "adults" in this mess. :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

We should all refer to the process in which they are using to pass the AHCA as Turtling.

Yes but this bill is anything but toothless.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I bet there are huge loving Medicaid cuts in it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Smol posted:

I hope they at least get a good pay check for the tax cuts, because the whole process sounds completely insane. And I thought the R senators were supposed to be the "adults" in this mess. :v:

I hear they got Boehner to come back and distribute the checks for old time's sake.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

vaginite posted:

How long after this can the house pass it? Assuming already has the votes lined up (which is a pretty big assumption) can it go immediately to the house and pass? I have to guess this is their plan, if there is any lag in passing the thing after it goes public all the rage from March is going to fire back up once the terms are public. I'd assume if they think there is a shot of passing it it has to get through the house fast.

The house will pass the revised bill without issue likely 24-48 hours after the senate bill passes. Literally the only hope is that you can peel off 3 senators with an R next to their name to prevent the bill from passing at all.

Smol posted:

They will for sure get a good paycheck. And yes, they are the adults of the GOP. Thats why they are so competent at their evil as compared to the house, who is both evil and stupid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

They probably live in an areas with bad Internet connections, or maybe they just want background noise while they're doing chores.

Anyway, I really hope Ossoff wins. I (and everyone else) could use a little hope right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

Yes but this bill is anything but toothless.

Snapping Turtling, then. Quiet and invisible until it lashes out and then you find out your health insurance doesn't cover finger loss any more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

Snapping Turtling, then. Quiet and invisible until it lashes out and then you find out your health insurance doesn't cover finger loss any more.

McConnell biting wouldn't cause much damage.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

redneck nazgul posted:

They cancelled Most Extreme Elimination Challenge and Jackass and people just want to see other people hit in the balls.
Now I really want to see McConnell run Sinkers and Floaters.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wish I had the money to make a Dees-style image of Dr. John Barrasso with a meat cleaver that has AHCA labeled on it and a patient looking worried and put it on every billboard in Wyoming.

Oh well, I guess I can just go to his office in my hometown and graffiti "THIS DOCTOR KILLS PATIENTS".

No I am not going to vandalize a US Senator's office

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

Well, I can think of how I like jokes on twitter, and news on twitter, but actually using or interacting with twitter directly continually fails to click with me for some reason, so I enjoy reading those articles that do little more than summarize "this is what happened with this Twitter joke today". Same thing except for videos on YouTube.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

deep web creep posted:

Every single Sekulow interview I've seen has been buck rear end wild. Are yelling and circular arguments really all you need to become a ~*world class lawyer*~?

To be hired by Trump, yes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

theflyingorc posted:

youtube exists

Daniel Tosh used to have a show that was just showing month old Youtube clips and it got millions of viewers per episode.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

This sounds like a walkthrough to do a trick to get infinite rings in diablo II

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Ok, I misunderstood. So we're assuming those models are wrong, because of how huge the turnout is expected to be?

My guess is the Handel +2.5 thing is coming from that 538 bit linked a few pages back (which reads like two columns smashed together, c'mon now Nate). I'm not really seeing any pundit-y types getting behind a prediction for a GOP win by that margin. Everyone seems to think that Ossoff has a slight edge but it's way too close to call.

The specific issue behind that part of the article is that the district moved sharply (20 points) between 2012 and 2016, so it's hard to make use of relevant national info to see how things 'should' go. If a district is typically, say, +5R, then in an environment where dems are at +7 on a generic ballot you'd expect the dem to have an edge. Likewise, if it's typically a +15R area, you expect the dem to have problems. It's useful information, but not really a model of itself. Just a way of describing what you'd normally expect to see in such a race.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shifty Pony posted:

No, the "blank bill" trick is to avoid the required time for debate and amendments after a bill is introduced.

The CBO score has not been released yet because a full bill hasn't been submitted to the CBO yet. They have only submitted parts "how many people will lose coverage/how much money will be saved by changing x" and not an official bill.

A CBO score has to be released before they can vote.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Are they not aware that he has... no brain function?

Yeah, but we elected him president anyway :shrug:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Raylen posted:

To be hired by Trump, yes.

More importantly, to accept him as a client.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

eviltastic posted:

My guess is the Handel +2.5 thing is coming from that 538 bit linked a few pages back (which reads like two columns smashed together, c'mon now Nate).

The issue is that the district moved sharply (20 points) between 2012 and 2016, so it's hard to make use of relevant national info to see how things 'should' go. If a district is typically, say, +5R, then in an environment where dems are at +7 on a generic ballot you'd expect the dem to have an edge. Likewise, if it's typically a +15R area, you expect the dem to have problems. It's useful information, but not really a model of itself. Just a way of describing what you'd normally expect to see in such a race.

metro atlanta republicans went for rubio in the primary. nationally, the 6th is always dragged along by the rest of fulton county to vote blue which obscures how the 6th would vote independently. the question is if their distaste of trump translates into a willingness to support democrats, or if enough younger lefty voters have moved into the district recently (doubtful, most any young lefty who has a choice moves to the 4th or 5th)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of wonder just how bad it's going to be

• Locked thread